Skip to main content

Travis Barker Hospitalized for Pancreatitis: Details

On the mend. Travis Barker’s hospitalization on Tuesday, June 28, was due to pancreatitis, a source tells Us Weekly.

Celebrity Health Scares Through the Years

Read article

Us has reached out to reps for Barker, 46, and his wife, Kourtney Kardashian, who was by his side.

The rocker went to the hospital after experiencing health issues, per photos published by TMZ.

Later on Tuesday, a source told Us that the rocker was transferred to Cedars-Sinai. Following the couple’s arrival at the Los Angeles-based medical center, the musician was seen laying on a stretcher with his fist in the air, displaying his signature skull tattoo while Kardashian, 43, wearing a black sweatsuit, was standing by his side.

Hours before the emergency, the drummer Tweeted an ominous message. “God save me,” the Meet the Barker’s alum wrote, prompting concern from his fans. Barker’s 16-year-old daughter, Alabama, also took to social media in the wake of the incident, asking her followers to “send their prayers.”

Barker’s last health struggle was in 2009 following a plane crash in South Carolina that left four of the six on board dead. The musician suffered second and third-degree burns on over 65 percent of his body and spent three months in the hospital, undergoing 26 surgeries and learning to walk again. 

Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker's Relationship Timeline

Read article

“I was told I wasn’t going to run again because I had so many grafts on my feet, and there was even talk of me never playing the drums again,” he explained during a May 2021 interview with Men’s Health Journal. “As soon as I could walk, I could run. As soon as I could move my hands and my hands healed, I was playing drums. And now I’m in better shape than I’ve ever been.” When he returned home, he threw all the pills the doctor had prescribed him down the toilet, including “stuff I really needed.”

“People are always like, ‘Did you go to rehab?’” He told the outlet at the time. “And I [say], ‘No, I was in a plane crash.’ That was my rehab. Lose three of your friends and almost die? That was my wake-up call. If I wasn’t in a crash, I would have probably never quit.”

Stars Who Have Battled Mental Health Issues

Read article

Barker and Adam “DJ AM” Goldstein were the only two survivors of the tragedy. Less than a year later, Goldstein died at age 26 following a drug overdose.

“We were each other’s therapists,” the California native explained of the relationship he held with his late friend. “So it was just him and me. When he left, I was like, ‘Oh f—k. I’m the only one in my club. It’s just me.”



from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/K4tCvE9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamic Duo! Chris Stapleton and Wife Morgane's Relationship Timeline

Sweet as strawberry wine. Chris Stapleton and Morgane Stapleton have a love story that keeps country music fans swooning. The pair tied the knot in October 2007, four years after meeting as songwriters in Nashville. While celebrating their 14th anniversary in October 2021, Morgane noted how much her life had changed since Chris became part of it. “14 years today. I don’t remember much about life before you. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for hearing me. Thank you for teaching me. Thank you for respecting me,” she gushed via Instagram alongside a romantic black-and-white photo. “Thank you for giving me everything I cherish in this life. I love you more than I’ll ever be able to put into words, but I’ll spend the rest of my time here on earth trying. Happy anniversary my love!” The musicians share five children — a daughter and four sons — whose names have all been kept private. While they make a perfect parenting team, Chris and Morgane also hit all the right notes together ...

Red Carpet Date! Sophia Bush and Grant Hughes Attend WHCA Dinner

Finding The One! Sophia Bush has kept her romance with Grant Hughes relatively private since the pair were first spotted together in Malibu in May 2020. However, the FocusMotion Health founder has shared a few photos of the couple. Ever since landing the role of Brooke Davis on One Tree Hill in 2003, Bush’s personal life has made headlines. That is something that the actress and activist has intentionally changed, she explained in June 2021. “It’s hard to have nothing that’s yours. And when you are a person who lives in the public eye, everybody wants to pick over everything and that can be really tricky,” the False Positive actress told Entertainment Tonight at the time. “I also grew up in the early aughts when girls were raked over the coals for any choices that they made. And I just was like, ‘I don’t think I like this.’ I didn’t like having my private life lied about. There were times where someone would send through an article and be like, ‘Well, supposedly you’re dating t...

Buzzzz-o-Meter: Kourtney Kardashian's Fave Scent and More Celeb Must-Haves

Smell like a Kardashian — and throw your friends for a loop like Donald Glover . Kourtney Kardashian  doesn’t have to go to Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory to find her Golden Ticket when fragrance brand Snif offers her favorite scent by the same name. “Have your tea and wear it too,” the company says of the fragrance, which features notes of “bergamot, black tea, green tea, golden maté, sage, galbanum (green, woody), incense, amber [and] vetiver,” according to their official website . Snif — which encourages shoppers to “trust your own damn nose” — promises buyers “accessible luxury” to their products, which also includes candles. The Kardashians star’s go-to Golden Ticket retails for $65, so you can channel the Poosh founder, 44, without breaking the bank. If your style is less subtle and more bold , look no further than Glover’s must-have MSCHF BWD sneakers , which are designed to appear as if they’re being worn backward. The footwear went viral after the Atlanta alum, 39,...