Skip to main content

Hilary Duff: Supreme Court's Abortion Decision Means ‘I Don’t Matter’

Hilary Duff: Supreme Court Decision Means That as a Woman ‘I Don’t Matter’
Hilary Duff. Frank Micelotta/PictureGroup for FX/Shutterstock

Feeling powerless. Hilary Duff shared an emotional post about the Supreme Court’s “cruel” decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, explaining that she was shocked and heartbroken by the ruling that ended the federal right to abortion.

Janelle Monae and More Stars React After Court Overturns Roe v. Wade

Read article

“Sorry I’ve been quiet. [I’m] kind of in a state of shock since the ruling,” the Younger alum, 34, wrote via her Instagram Story on Monday, June 26, three days after the ruling. “[I’ve been] feeling powerless, feeling like since I am a woman, I don’t matter. My life doesn’t matter. It’s a man’s world, still. It’s a horrible feeling.”

Explaining that she didn’t know what action to take in the wake of the news that several states — including her home state of Texas — would quickly ban abortions, Duff continued, “None of this makes sense. The world is cruel. [Things are] backwards and upside down.” Acknowledging that as a “privileged white woman,” she has never “had to deal with a feeling like this” before, the How I Met Your Father star shared a message of love and support for those who will be most affected by the new laws.

“I’m angry. I’m confused,” Duff wrote. “If you are black, brown, gay, trans, a woman, a pregnant teen, I love you and I’m sorry for all of the tough days you’ve fought through and all the tough days to come.”

Lili Reinhart, More Stars Reveal Sexual Assault Amid #WhyIDidntReport Controversy

Read article

In contrast to her reaction post, the Lizzie McGuire alum shared some “happy” moments from the past few days, including her 13-month-old daughter Mae swimming with big brother Luca, 10, and learning to eat bagels. Duff, who shares Mae and Banks, 3, with husband Matthew Koma, also included a snapshot of her older daughter “meeting new friends at magical fairy camp” and doing cartwheels on the beach. (Duff shares Luca with ex-husband Mike Comrie.)

The Texas native also shared a video of protesters fighting against the Supreme Court’s decision in Santa Monica along with the caption, “Girl, you’re moving mountains.”

Duff’s post comes just one month after she opened up about how her parenting style has changed as Luca has gotten older. “He’s at the age where he no longer wants me to read him stories before bed, he wants to know anecdotes, funny things I did at his age, the times I got in trouble, when I started shooting Lizzie McGuire at a very young age,” she told Grazia in May. “He is a very curious child. He’s at home with us every other day, so I can’t tell him every night but twice a week on average.”

She continued: “I am very involved in my children’s lives. I am present. I like to play with them and listen to them. Don’t get me wrong; I’m also the one who imposes discipline in the house. It’s all fun and games until they cross certain limits.”

Hilary Duff';s Family Album: Pics of Her Kids With Mike Comrie, Matthew Koma

Read article

During that interview, Duff also revealed how she maintains a good relationship with Luca’s father despite their 2016 divorce. “We talk about [him] often,” the “Come Clean” singer explained. “I like to tell him about how I met his father, about the good times we spent together, about the greatest joy when I found out I was pregnant and how his father and I coped with pregnancy. It is a very sweet thing.”



from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/Ac8zstE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamic Duo! Chris Stapleton and Wife Morgane's Relationship Timeline

Sweet as strawberry wine. Chris Stapleton and Morgane Stapleton have a love story that keeps country music fans swooning. The pair tied the knot in October 2007, four years after meeting as songwriters in Nashville. While celebrating their 14th anniversary in October 2021, Morgane noted how much her life had changed since Chris became part of it. “14 years today. I don’t remember much about life before you. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for hearing me. Thank you for teaching me. Thank you for respecting me,” she gushed via Instagram alongside a romantic black-and-white photo. “Thank you for giving me everything I cherish in this life. I love you more than I’ll ever be able to put into words, but I’ll spend the rest of my time here on earth trying. Happy anniversary my love!” The musicians share five children — a daughter and four sons — whose names have all been kept private. While they make a perfect parenting team, Chris and Morgane also hit all the right notes together ...

Red Carpet Date! Sophia Bush and Grant Hughes Attend WHCA Dinner

Finding The One! Sophia Bush has kept her romance with Grant Hughes relatively private since the pair were first spotted together in Malibu in May 2020. However, the FocusMotion Health founder has shared a few photos of the couple. Ever since landing the role of Brooke Davis on One Tree Hill in 2003, Bush’s personal life has made headlines. That is something that the actress and activist has intentionally changed, she explained in June 2021. “It’s hard to have nothing that’s yours. And when you are a person who lives in the public eye, everybody wants to pick over everything and that can be really tricky,” the False Positive actress told Entertainment Tonight at the time. “I also grew up in the early aughts when girls were raked over the coals for any choices that they made. And I just was like, ‘I don’t think I like this.’ I didn’t like having my private life lied about. There were times where someone would send through an article and be like, ‘Well, supposedly you’re dating t...

Buzzzz-o-Meter: Kourtney Kardashian's Fave Scent and More Celeb Must-Haves

Smell like a Kardashian — and throw your friends for a loop like Donald Glover . Kourtney Kardashian  doesn’t have to go to Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory to find her Golden Ticket when fragrance brand Snif offers her favorite scent by the same name. “Have your tea and wear it too,” the company says of the fragrance, which features notes of “bergamot, black tea, green tea, golden maté, sage, galbanum (green, woody), incense, amber [and] vetiver,” according to their official website . Snif — which encourages shoppers to “trust your own damn nose” — promises buyers “accessible luxury” to their products, which also includes candles. The Kardashians star’s go-to Golden Ticket retails for $65, so you can channel the Poosh founder, 44, without breaking the bank. If your style is less subtle and more bold , look no further than Glover’s must-have MSCHF BWD sneakers , which are designed to appear as if they’re being worn backward. The footwear went viral after the Atlanta alum, 39,...