Skip to main content

Britney Spears' Father Wants Her Present at Next Conservatorship Hearing

A dramatic relationship. Britney Spears and Jamie Lynn Spears have had a bumpy ride through the years — and haven’t always kept that drama under wraps.

In June 2021, the pop star spoke out in court for the first time since being put under a conservatorship in 2008. During the explosive hearing, she explained why she should be able to choose her own attorney, adding that she wanted to take legal action against her family.

“I just want my life back. It’s been 13 years, and it’s enough. It’s been a long time since I’ve owned my money,” the “Lucky” singer said at the time. “I would honestly like to sue my family, to be totally honest with you. I also would like to be able to share my story with the world, and what they did to me, instead of it being a hush-hush secret to benefit all of them.”

Following the case, the Sweet Magnolias star responded to fans via Instagram who claimed she wasn’t publicly supporting the #FreeBritney movement because she hadn’t posted on social media.

“Maybe I didn’t support her the way the public would like me to with a hashtag on a public platform, but I can assure you I’ve supported my sister long before there was a hashtag. And I’ll support her long after. Note that,” the actress shared. “I’m so proud of her for using her voice. I’m so proud of her for requesting new counsel like I told her to do many years ago. If ending the conservatorship or flying to Mars or whatever else she wants to do [will make her happy] — I support that, 100 percent. Because I support my sister. I love my sister. Always have, always will. As long as she’s happy. Let’s keep praying. That’s all.”

In July, the Grammy winner was granted the right to choose her own legal representative, appointing former federal prosecutor Mathew Rosengart in charge. At the time, she also accused her father, Jamie Spears, of “conservatorship abuse,” adding, “If this isn’t abuse, I don’t know what is. … I thought they were trying to kill me.”

Amid the hearings, Britney and her sister both shared their thoughts via social media.

While Britney has continued to assert her younger sister did not always have her back, Jamie Lynn tried to defend the pop star amid their challenging relationship.

“That love is still there, 100 percent. I love my sister,” Jamie Lynn said during a Good Morning America interview in January 2022. “I’ve only ever loved and supported her and done what’s right by her, and she knows that. So I don’t know why we’re in this position right now. … I’ve always been my sister’s biggest supporter, so when she needed help, I set up ways to do so.”

Scroll through the gallery below for a full timeline of the sisters’ drama:


Not on the Payroll
Following a report that claimed that Jamie Lynn is the only member of the Spears family not on Britney's payroll, the Zoey 101 alum responded via her Instagram Story. "Facts….now leave my broke-ass alone,” she wrote on July 6. Shutterstock (2)
Slamming the ‘People Closest’ to Her
On July 16, Britney shared a quote via her Instagram that read, “Never forget who ignored you when you needed them and who helped you before you even had to ask.” In a lengthy caption, she explained what she is going through. "There’s nothing worse than when the people closest to you who never showed up for you post things in regard to your situation whatever it may be and speak righteously for support … there’s nothing worse than that," the Crossroads star wrote. "How dare the people you love the most say anything at all. ... If you’re reading this and you know who you are … and you actually have the nerve to say anything about my situation just to save face for yourself publicly !!! If you’re gonna post something …. Please stop with the righteous approach when you’re so far from righteous it’s not even funny." Mediapunch/Shutterstock
My ‘So Called Support System’
The "Toxic" singer shared a second quote the following day that read, “Take me as I am or kiss my ass, eat s–t and step on LEGOs.” After slamming those who make fun of her dancing videos, Britney called out both her father and sister. "I'm not gonna be performing on any stages anytime soon with my dad handling what I wear, say, do, or think I've done that for the past 13 years," she wrote. "I don't like that my sister showed up at an awards show and performed MY SONGS to remixes!!!!! My so-called support system hurt me deeply." Shutterstock (2)
Looking to the Lord
Jamie Lynn returned to Instagram on July 18, sharing a selfie of herself in the mirror. "May the peace of the Lord be with you, and your spirit," her caption read at first. She later changed the caption to a peace sign emoji and a heart emoji. Courtesy of Jamie Lynn Spears/Instagram
A Sly Response
Shortly after Jamie Lynn's post, Britney posted a new dance video. "May the Lord wrap your mean ass up in joy today," she wrote, seemingly mocking her sister's original caption. "New dance … if you don’t like it ... don’t watch it!!!!!" MEGA
Unfollowed
Britney only follows 46 Instagram accounts. While Paris Hilton, Paul McCartney and Beyonce made the cut — Jamie Lynn was notably absent. However, the younger sister still follows the pop star. Shutterstock (2)
Trading Barbs
Jamie Lynn opened up about her relationship with her older sister during a January 2022 interview with Good Morning America — and Britney was quick to turn the tables. Though the Netflix star claimed that she attempted to provide resources for her older sister to put an end to her conservatorship, Britney argued via Twitter that Jamie Lynn was "never around me much 15 years ago at that time." As the family drama made headlines, Jamie Lynn defended herself in a lengthy social media statement. "I can't help that I was born a Spears too, and that some of my experiences involve my sister. I've worked hard since before I was even a teenager, and I've built my career in spite of just being someone's little sister," she wrote. "There are no sides, and I don't want drama. But I'm speaking my truth to heal my traumas, so I can close this chapter and move forward, and I wish my sister could do the same." She concluded: "No matter what comes, I will always love my big sister and be here for her. It's time to put an end to the unhealthy chaos that has controlled my life for so long." Shutterstock (2)
Pleading for Privacy
Jamie Lynn responded to Britney in her Instagram story after the "Bombastic Love" singer walked back a few comments but still maintained that Jamie Lynn was lying. “Britney — Just call me, I have attempted many times to speak to you directly and handle this privately like sisters should, but you still choose to do everything on a public platform,” the former Nickelodeon star shared via her Instagram Story in January 2022. Jamie Lynn continued, writing, “In the meantime, please stop continuing the narrative that I haven’t been there for you or that I’m making things up. I’m happy to share how many times I’ve reached out to you, supported you and tried to help you. This is embarrassing and has to stop. Love you.” Courtesy of Jamie Lynn Spears/Instagram
Britney Backtracks
After Britney implied that her sister was "scum," the Grammy winner walked back some of her jabs. "I said some harsh things because you obviously hurt me by the things you are making up about me,” she wrote via Twitter in January 2022. “All I know is I love you unconditionally!!! So go ahead and say whatever you want … it’s so tacky for a family to fight publicly like this!!! You say you love me … yet your loyalty is still with the people that hurt me most!!!” the engaged singer added. Image Press Agency/NurPhoto/Shutterstock
Cease and Desist
Following the release of Jamie Lynn's memoir and her appearance on "Call Her Daddy" in January 2022, Britney's lawyer issued a strongly worded cease and desist to the actress, asserting that Britney will "no longer be bullied" by her family. "Although Britney has not read and does not intend to read your book, she and millions of her fans were shocked to see how you have exploited her for monetary gain. She will not tolerate it, nor should she," the letter read. Britney's attorney went on to threaten legal action, writing, "Michelle Obama famously said, 'when they go low, we go high,' and to Britney's great credit, that is exactly what Britney is going to do, for the time being. You recently reportedly stated that the book was 'not about her.' She takes you at your word and we, therefore, demand that you cease and desist from referencing Britney derogatorily during your promotional campaign. If you fail to do so or defame her, Britney will be forced to consider and take all appropriate legal action." Image Press Agency/NurPhoto/Shutterstock; Jim Smeal/Shutterstock
Another Scathing Social Media Post
“Congrats best seller … I’m not surprised at all 👏🏼📚👎🏻 !!! The nerve of you to sell a book now and talk s—t but your f—king lying just like you lied about Alexa Nikolas !!!!” Britney wrote via Instagram in January 2022. “I wish you would take a lie detector test so all these masses of people see you’re lying through your teeth about me !!!! I wish the almighty, Lord would could come down and show this whole world that you’re lying and making money off of me !!!! You are scum, Jamie Lynn.” Shutterstock (2)
Baring It All
In March 2022, an insider told Us that Britney "will hold nothing back" in her memoir. Us confirmed one month prior that the "Unusual You" singer inked a multimillion-dollar deal with Simon & Schuster for a tell-all book. “Britney feels extremely betrayed by Jamie Lynn, as she has expressed publicly,” the source added. “She will lay out that without her, Jamie Lynn would have no career.” Image Press Agency/NurPhoto/Shutterstock; Jim Smeal/Shutterstock
Slight Show of Support
After Britney announced that she was expecting a child with her fiancé, Jamie Lynn showed her support by "liking" the post on Instagram. Courtesy of Britney Spears/Instagram
Missing Britney’s Wedding
Us confirmed that the Things I Never Said author did not attend her big sister’s wedding ceremony to Sam Asghari in June 2022. Kevin Ostajewski/Shutterstock


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/e0WUui7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their