Skip to main content

Duchess Kate Wears Army Fatigues During Throwback Training Academy Visit

Duchess Kate Wears Military Fatigues During Throwback Armed Forces Training Academy Visit
Courtesy of Kensington Palace

Reporting for duty! During Duchess Kate’s official visit to the Armed Forces Training Academy last year, she dressed the part.

Duchess Kate Through the Years: From Commoner to Future Queen Consort

Read article

“Today on Armed Forces Day, William and I would like to pay tribute to the brave men and women, past and present, serving in all of our armed forces, at sea, on land and in the air, here in the UK and around the world,” the Duchess of Cambridge, 40, captioned a Saturday, June 25, Instagram carousel. “Thank you for all you and your families sacrifice to keep us safe. Last year, I was honored to spend time with the @BritishArmy to see how they train serving personnel and new recruits.”

She added: “It was wonderful to see first-hand the many important and varied roles the military play day in, day out to protect us all, and I look forward to discovering more about the @RoyalNavy and @RoyalAirForceUK in due course.”

Duchess Kate’s Style Evolution Is Truly Remarkable

Read article

Kate, who signed off her personal message with her signature “C” initial, was photographed wearing the traditional uniform of on-duty military personnel as she handled equipment and met the troops.

Duchess Kate Wears Military Fatigues During Throwback Armed Forces Training Academy Visit
Courtesy of Kensington Palace

The royal mother of three — she shares Prince George, 8, Princess Charlotte, 7, and Prince Louis, 4, with husband Prince William — previously visited the Pirbright Training Academy in Surrey, England, in November 2021.

Days before Kate opened up about her military visit, she and the 40-year-old Duke of Cambridge celebrated the public release of their first official joint portrait. The married duo — who wed in April 2011 — visited the University of Cambridge’s Fitzwilliam Museum on Thursday, June 23, to check out Jamie Coreth’s painting.

“It has been the most extraordinary privilege of my life to be chosen to paint this picture. I wanted to show Their Royal Highnesses in a manner where they appeared both relaxed and approachable, as well as elegant and dignified,” Coreth told the BBC on Thursday. “As it is the first portrait to depict them together, and specifically during their time as The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, I wanted the image to evoke a feeling of balance between their public and private lives.”

Royal Romance! Prince William and Duchess Kate’s Relationship Timeline

Read article

Throughout the pair’s public life, William, for his part, has been outspoken about his military past. He previously attended the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst before eventually becoming a lieutenant with the Royal Air Force.

“I live every day that I might hope to get to do what [my brother, Prince Harry] does [in the military] because otherwise what’s the point of doing all my training?” William previously told the Today show in June 2014 of potential military deployments despite his place in the royal line of succession.



from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/HE2bayW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamic Duo! Chris Stapleton and Wife Morgane's Relationship Timeline

Sweet as strawberry wine. Chris Stapleton and Morgane Stapleton have a love story that keeps country music fans swooning. The pair tied the knot in October 2007, four years after meeting as songwriters in Nashville. While celebrating their 14th anniversary in October 2021, Morgane noted how much her life had changed since Chris became part of it. “14 years today. I don’t remember much about life before you. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for hearing me. Thank you for teaching me. Thank you for respecting me,” she gushed via Instagram alongside a romantic black-and-white photo. “Thank you for giving me everything I cherish in this life. I love you more than I’ll ever be able to put into words, but I’ll spend the rest of my time here on earth trying. Happy anniversary my love!” The musicians share five children — a daughter and four sons — whose names have all been kept private. While they make a perfect parenting team, Chris and Morgane also hit all the right notes together ...

Red Carpet Date! Sophia Bush and Grant Hughes Attend WHCA Dinner

Finding The One! Sophia Bush has kept her romance with Grant Hughes relatively private since the pair were first spotted together in Malibu in May 2020. However, the FocusMotion Health founder has shared a few photos of the couple. Ever since landing the role of Brooke Davis on One Tree Hill in 2003, Bush’s personal life has made headlines. That is something that the actress and activist has intentionally changed, she explained in June 2021. “It’s hard to have nothing that’s yours. And when you are a person who lives in the public eye, everybody wants to pick over everything and that can be really tricky,” the False Positive actress told Entertainment Tonight at the time. “I also grew up in the early aughts when girls were raked over the coals for any choices that they made. And I just was like, ‘I don’t think I like this.’ I didn’t like having my private life lied about. There were times where someone would send through an article and be like, ‘Well, supposedly you’re dating t...

Buzzzz-o-Meter: Kourtney Kardashian's Fave Scent and More Celeb Must-Haves

Smell like a Kardashian — and throw your friends for a loop like Donald Glover . Kourtney Kardashian  doesn’t have to go to Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory to find her Golden Ticket when fragrance brand Snif offers her favorite scent by the same name. “Have your tea and wear it too,” the company says of the fragrance, which features notes of “bergamot, black tea, green tea, golden maté, sage, galbanum (green, woody), incense, amber [and] vetiver,” according to their official website . Snif — which encourages shoppers to “trust your own damn nose” — promises buyers “accessible luxury” to their products, which also includes candles. The Kardashians star’s go-to Golden Ticket retails for $65, so you can channel the Poosh founder, 44, without breaking the bank. If your style is less subtle and more bold , look no further than Glover’s must-have MSCHF BWD sneakers , which are designed to appear as if they’re being worn backward. The footwear went viral after the Atlanta alum, 39,...