Skip to main content

Red Carpet Date! Sophia Bush and Grant Hughes Attend WHCA Dinner

Finding The One! Sophia Bush has kept her romance with Grant Hughes relatively private since the pair were first spotted together in Malibu in May 2020. However, the FocusMotion Health founder has shared a few photos of the couple.

Ever since landing the role of Brooke Davis on One Tree Hill in 2003, Bush’s personal life has made headlines. That is something that the actress and activist has intentionally changed, she explained in June 2021.

“It’s hard to have nothing that’s yours. And when you are a person who lives in the public eye, everybody wants to pick over everything and that can be really tricky,” the False Positive actress told Entertainment Tonight at the time. “I also grew up in the early aughts when girls were raked over the coals for any choices that they made. And I just was like, ‘I don’t think I like this.’ I didn’t like having my private life lied about. There were times where someone would send through an article and be like, ‘Well, supposedly you’re dating this guy.’ And I was like, ‘I mean, I would. Who is he?'”

The Hitcher star, who was briefly married to Chad Michael Murray before later entering public relationships with former costars Austin Nichols and Jesse Lee Soffer, added that now, she only wants to speak about her projects and her advocacy.

“It would be, ‘What are you wearing? And how’s your boyfriend?,’ and it’s like, ‘What does that have to do with anything about my work, my life?'” she recalled to ET at the time. “I really think the kind of gamification of people’s private intimacy is just creepy to me. So I don’t really hide what’s going on in my life, but I don’t flaunt it.”

Hughes, for his part, shared a slew of photos from 2020 at the beginning of 2021.

“I posted only two photos in 2020 and averaged less than 5 minutes per day on Instagram. This wasn’t really intentional; I think it was just a year for me to be present in other areas of my life. However, social media documentation or not, the memories of life continue being made,” he began via Instagram in January, sharing multiple pics. “Somehow through all this I found my person @sophiabush. She was in my life as a friend for 8 years and the pandemic forced us to slow down and stay in one place long enough to realize what I’d been looking for all along was closer than I could have known.”

In August 2021, Bush finally shared a photo of Hughes — proposing to her while the couple were on vacation in Italy. “So it turns out that being your favorite person’s favorite person is the actual best feeling on planet Earth,” she wrote via Instagram at the time. “My heart. It bursts.”

Less than one year after Hughes got down on one knee, Us exclusively revealed that the twosome wed at Philbrook Art Museum in Tulsa County, Oklahoma, in June 2022.

Scroll down to see more photos of their romance:


First Photos
The pair were first photographed together in May 2020, wearing matching face masks and embracing. RF/Coleman-Rayner
A Blur
"Who needs a party to dress up for the holidays?" Hughes captioned a still of the pair sitting outside with their dog. Courtesy Grant Hughes/Instagram
First Date
The entrepreneur revealed that the pair's first date "was also our first Covid test," posting a pic of the duo in masks. Courtesy Grant Hughes/Instagram
Pup Parents
The duo proudly coparent their dog, Maggie. Courtesy Grant Hughes/Instagram
Passionate Partners
The Love, Victor actress and the University of Michigan grad participated in a Black Lives Matter protest outside Mayor Eric Garcetti’s office. Courtesy Grant Hughes/Instagram
Nature Lovers
"A Kern River nature retreat. Few flights this year meant much more road trip exploring," Hughes captioned a cozy selfie. Courtesy Grant Hughes/Instagram
Italy Trip
"Dream Boat," Bush captioned a selfie of the pair on a boat together in Italy in August 2021. Courtesy of Sophia Bush/Instagram
Engaged!
Bush showed off her engagement ring via Instagram in August 2021 just weeks after announcing that Hughes proposed in Lake Como, Italy. Courtesy of Sophia Bush/Instagram
Meeting the Family
The One Tree Hill alum shared a snap via Instagram in September with Hughes and her parents in honor of her dad’s birthday. “My sweet Papa turned 74 yesterday,” she captioned her post. “He’s such a good man. And a great dad.” She added, “Celebrating him brings me tremendous joy. I love watching him and Grant nerd out about wine. And watching him and my mom hold hands when they walk down the street even still, though they’ve been married over 40 years. … Happy birthday to my original ride or die. I love you. 💞🔥🦆” Courtesy of Sophia Bush/Instagram
Lucky in Love
The Hard Luck Love Song star gushed about her “life partner” during a September 2021 interview with Entertainment Tonight. "I will say, I do feel lucky whether it's my life partner or the wonderful group of men in my life, who make up my friends and allies, who make up my support system," Bush told the outlet. “I feel really lucky that across the spectrum of the dudes in my life, I have a real group of good ones.” Courtesy of Grant Hughes/Instagram
Polo Party
The duo made their first official appearance as a couple in October 2021 when they attended the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic in Pacific Palisades, California. They also coordinated their looks, with Bush choosing a yellow bag that matched Hughes' sunflower-colored suit. Image Press Agency/NurPhoto/Shutterstock; RCF/MEGA
A Coupled-Up Christmas
Bush raved over Hughes while sharing photos of their decorations on Christmas Eve. “I spent four days making 76 [mushroom] ornaments and then my husband-to-be surprised me with carved wooden mushrooms and honestly my dreams of disappearing in a garden to grow vitamin-D laden snacks/running a craft-Tok (because nothing else on the internet sparks this much joy) are all coming true,” she wrote in December 2021. “Happy Christmas friends, and to all celebrating!”  Courtesy of Sophia Bush/Instagram
Matching Mates
Bush shared a sweet photo for Valentine's Day. "You are my favorite favorite. I can’t wait to marry you and be your valentine forever ♥️," she captioned the pic, where they donned identical buffalo plaid pajamas. Courtesy of Sophia Bush/Instagram
Wedding Date
Before their own wedding, they attended friends' nuptials. "Loves love. Loves a wedding. Loves wearing anything but sweatpants after the last two years," Bush captioned the snap. Courtesy of Sophia Bush/Instagram
Exploring D.C.
The pair went on a public tour of the White House in April 2022 ahead of the White House Correspondents Dinner. Andrew Harnik/AP/Shutterstock
Family Bonding
Hughes attended a Los Angeles play with his fiancée and her mom on Mother's Day. "Mia famiglia. My favorite guy. My favorite folks. My favorite pastime; being a theatre-goer," the actress captioned the May 2022 snap. Courtesy of Sophia Bush/Instagram
6 Months of Marriage
"Six months married to my favorite person," Bush captioned a photo with her hubby in December 2022. "The one who will camp under the stars with me, and also put on a tux to celebrate the holidays at the Naval Observatory in our Nation’s Capitol with me 🔭🌔✨." Courtesy Sophia Bush/Instagram


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/8XKBCDs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono