Skip to main content

Chris Daughtry Says He Has 'Moments of Guilt' After Stepdaughter's Death

Chris Daughtry Says He Has 'Moments Guilt After Stepdaughters Death
Chris Daughtry. MediaPunch/Shutterstock

One day at a time. Chris Daughtry opened up about how he’s coping with the deaths of his stepdaughter and mother, who passed away within days of each other last fall.

These Are the Strict Rules That All ‘American Idol’ Contestants Must Follow

Read article

“I dealt with both differently, processed both losses very differently—the common denominator in both is the guilt,” the former American Idol contestant, 42, said during the Thursday, June 23, episode of The Kelly Clarkson Show. “[Thinking], ‘I wish I would have said this. I wish I would’ve done this. I wish I would’ve called more.'”

The “It’s Not Over” singer continued, “Those moments of the guilt is the hardest because you can’t do anything about it. There’s always going to be reminders of what you could’ve done or whatever, and I tend to beat myself up a lot over it.”

In November 2021, Daughtry postponed tour dates after the sudden death of his 25-year-old stepdaughter, Hannah. The musician’s mom, Sandra, lost her battle with cancer days prior.

Chris Daughtry and Wife Deanna Daughtry's Family Album: Photos

Read article

Hannah’s mother, Deanna Daughtry, married the “Home” artist in November 2000. “My first born. I love you endlessly Hannah,” Deanna captioned an emotional Instagram tribute after her child’s death. “Our family would like to thank you all for the outpouring of love as we grieve the loss of my daughter Hannah. We are awaiting the autopsy results to determine how Hannah sustained the injuries that caused her death. Our hearts are broken.”

Deanna shared Hannah with a past partner, along with son Griffin. After tying the knot, the Grammy nominee and Deanna welcomed twins Adalynn and Noah, now 11, via surrogate.

Shortly after Hannah’s death, Chris told fans he was “heartbroken and devastated” by the loss. “I am still processing the last 24 hours. … I recently lost my mother to cancer but I was blessed with the chance to say goodbye and I was processing it privately,” he wrote via Instagram. “We never got to say goodbye to our precious Hannah and it’s another huge hit to our family.”

He continued at the time, “Thank you all for your kind words and condolences. They are truly felt and appreciated. I am now taking time be present with my family as we attempt to heal from this devastating loss. Hannah, I love you. I miss you. I wish I could hold you. This hurts so deeply💔💔💔.”

Most Shocking Celebrity Deaths of All Time

Read article

Earlier this year, the “No Surprise” crooner confirmed the cause of Hannah’s death in a statement to Us Weekly. “Our beloved Daughter Hannah Price passed away on Nov 12th 2021. Much speculation has been made since that date, and after a full investigation by law enforcement we are now able to speak in further detail,” Chris and Deanna said in January. “From a young age, Hannah struggled with mental illness and was in and out of therapy and treatment centers. As Hannah got older, she struggled to find her footing and began using drugs and often found herself [in] abusive relationships.”

The North Carolina native and his wife had called for a wellness check to be performed by local authorities after receiving a concerning message from Hannah. After officers determined her to be safe, they left “without incident.” She was later found by her boyfriend, who called 9-1-1, and she was pronounced dead on the scene.

“Hannah was a generous and loving person who wanted more for herself and others. She will forever be in the hearts and minds of those of us who love her,” her parents told Us. “We ask for your continued privacy at this time while we grieve.”

If you or someone you know is contemplating suicide, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.



from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/uOhdq1w

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamic Duo! Chris Stapleton and Wife Morgane's Relationship Timeline

Sweet as strawberry wine. Chris Stapleton and Morgane Stapleton have a love story that keeps country music fans swooning. The pair tied the knot in October 2007, four years after meeting as songwriters in Nashville. While celebrating their 14th anniversary in October 2021, Morgane noted how much her life had changed since Chris became part of it. “14 years today. I don’t remember much about life before you. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for hearing me. Thank you for teaching me. Thank you for respecting me,” she gushed via Instagram alongside a romantic black-and-white photo. “Thank you for giving me everything I cherish in this life. I love you more than I’ll ever be able to put into words, but I’ll spend the rest of my time here on earth trying. Happy anniversary my love!” The musicians share five children — a daughter and four sons — whose names have all been kept private. While they make a perfect parenting team, Chris and Morgane also hit all the right notes together ...

Red Carpet Date! Sophia Bush and Grant Hughes Attend WHCA Dinner

Finding The One! Sophia Bush has kept her romance with Grant Hughes relatively private since the pair were first spotted together in Malibu in May 2020. However, the FocusMotion Health founder has shared a few photos of the couple. Ever since landing the role of Brooke Davis on One Tree Hill in 2003, Bush’s personal life has made headlines. That is something that the actress and activist has intentionally changed, she explained in June 2021. “It’s hard to have nothing that’s yours. And when you are a person who lives in the public eye, everybody wants to pick over everything and that can be really tricky,” the False Positive actress told Entertainment Tonight at the time. “I also grew up in the early aughts when girls were raked over the coals for any choices that they made. And I just was like, ‘I don’t think I like this.’ I didn’t like having my private life lied about. There were times where someone would send through an article and be like, ‘Well, supposedly you’re dating t...

Buzzzz-o-Meter: Kourtney Kardashian's Fave Scent and More Celeb Must-Haves

Smell like a Kardashian — and throw your friends for a loop like Donald Glover . Kourtney Kardashian  doesn’t have to go to Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory to find her Golden Ticket when fragrance brand Snif offers her favorite scent by the same name. “Have your tea and wear it too,” the company says of the fragrance, which features notes of “bergamot, black tea, green tea, golden maté, sage, galbanum (green, woody), incense, amber [and] vetiver,” according to their official website . Snif — which encourages shoppers to “trust your own damn nose” — promises buyers “accessible luxury” to their products, which also includes candles. The Kardashians star’s go-to Golden Ticket retails for $65, so you can channel the Poosh founder, 44, without breaking the bank. If your style is less subtle and more bold , look no further than Glover’s must-have MSCHF BWD sneakers , which are designed to appear as if they’re being worn backward. The footwear went viral after the Atlanta alum, 39,...