Skip to main content

Gloria Estefan Shades Jennifer Lopez for Her Comments About Shakira

Offering her opinion. Gloria Estefan has no regrets about not performing at the 2020 Super Bowl — but she seemingly put Jennifer Lopez‘s comments about the experience on blast.

J. Lo's ‘Halftime’ Revelations: From Shakira Drama to Ben Affleck's Cameo

Read article

“Look, this is the bottom line. You have very little time, like 12 minutes or something, to get things on and off the set,” Estefan, 64, said during Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen on Wednesday, June 21. “So, could you do it with one person? Yes, but I think they wanted to throw a Miami and Latin extravaganza and they tried to pack it as much as possible.”

The Grammy Award winner, who confirmed that she chose not to participate, then threw some shade, adding, “OK, and imagine what J.Lo would have said if I was the third [performer]! I literally would come out, done ‘Shake Your Body’ [and ‘Conga’] and out. It was their moment. Plus, I didn’t want to go on a diet in December.”

Super Bowl Halftime Performers Through the Years

Read article

Estefan’s response comes after Lopez’s Halftime documentary showed her reaction to Shakira being named the co-headliner for the sporting event.

Gloria Estefan Shades Jennifer Lopez for Her Comments About Shakira 2
Shakira and Jennifer Lopez perform during Super Bowl LIV. LARRY W SMITH/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock

“Typically, you have one headliner at a Super Bowl. That headliner constructs a show, and, should they choose to have other guests, that’s their choice,” the singer’s longtime manager, Benny Medina, detailed in the film, which started streaming on Netflix earlier this month. “It was an insult to say you needed two Latinas to do the job that one artist historically has done.”

Beyonce! Gaga! Whitney! The Best Super Bowl National Anthem Performances

Read article

The Hustlers actress, 52, pointed out that she wasn’t thrilled about the decision to split her time on stage. “We have six f—king minutes. We have 30 seconds of a song, and if we take a minute, that’s it, we’ve got five left. But there’s got to be certain songs that we sing, though. We have to have our singing moments. It’s not going to be a dance f—king revue,” the New York native said. “We have to sing our message. … This is the worst idea in the world to have two people do the Super Bowl. It was the worst idea in the world.”

Gloria Estefan Shades Jennifer Lopez for Her Comments About Shakira 3
Shakira and Jennifer Lopez perform during Super Bowl LIV. Christopher Victorio/imageSPACE/Shutterstock

During the film, Lopez and the “Hips Don’t Lie” singer, 45, were seen communicating about their performance. “They said 12 minutes. I got kind of a good confirmation that we could have an extra minute or two, so now we’re at, like, 13, 14 minutes,” the Marry Me star added at the time. “I think, Shakira, what we should have is you should have half the time and I should [have half]. If it was going to be a double headliner, they should have given us 20 minutes. That’s what they should’ve f—king done.”



from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/qDoMHlN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamic Duo! Chris Stapleton and Wife Morgane's Relationship Timeline

Sweet as strawberry wine. Chris Stapleton and Morgane Stapleton have a love story that keeps country music fans swooning. The pair tied the knot in October 2007, four years after meeting as songwriters in Nashville. While celebrating their 14th anniversary in October 2021, Morgane noted how much her life had changed since Chris became part of it. “14 years today. I don’t remember much about life before you. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for hearing me. Thank you for teaching me. Thank you for respecting me,” she gushed via Instagram alongside a romantic black-and-white photo. “Thank you for giving me everything I cherish in this life. I love you more than I’ll ever be able to put into words, but I’ll spend the rest of my time here on earth trying. Happy anniversary my love!” The musicians share five children — a daughter and four sons — whose names have all been kept private. While they make a perfect parenting team, Chris and Morgane also hit all the right notes together ...

Red Carpet Date! Sophia Bush and Grant Hughes Attend WHCA Dinner

Finding The One! Sophia Bush has kept her romance with Grant Hughes relatively private since the pair were first spotted together in Malibu in May 2020. However, the FocusMotion Health founder has shared a few photos of the couple. Ever since landing the role of Brooke Davis on One Tree Hill in 2003, Bush’s personal life has made headlines. That is something that the actress and activist has intentionally changed, she explained in June 2021. “It’s hard to have nothing that’s yours. And when you are a person who lives in the public eye, everybody wants to pick over everything and that can be really tricky,” the False Positive actress told Entertainment Tonight at the time. “I also grew up in the early aughts when girls were raked over the coals for any choices that they made. And I just was like, ‘I don’t think I like this.’ I didn’t like having my private life lied about. There were times where someone would send through an article and be like, ‘Well, supposedly you’re dating t...

Buzzzz-o-Meter: Kourtney Kardashian's Fave Scent and More Celeb Must-Haves

Smell like a Kardashian — and throw your friends for a loop like Donald Glover . Kourtney Kardashian  doesn’t have to go to Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory to find her Golden Ticket when fragrance brand Snif offers her favorite scent by the same name. “Have your tea and wear it too,” the company says of the fragrance, which features notes of “bergamot, black tea, green tea, golden maté, sage, galbanum (green, woody), incense, amber [and] vetiver,” according to their official website . Snif — which encourages shoppers to “trust your own damn nose” — promises buyers “accessible luxury” to their products, which also includes candles. The Kardashians star’s go-to Golden Ticket retails for $65, so you can channel the Poosh founder, 44, without breaking the bank. If your style is less subtle and more bold , look no further than Glover’s must-have MSCHF BWD sneakers , which are designed to appear as if they’re being worn backward. The footwear went viral after the Atlanta alum, 39,...