Skip to main content

Ireland Baldwin Shares Rape, Abortion Revelations Amid SCOTUS Ruling

Ireland Baldwin Shares Rape, Abortion Revelations Amid SCOTUS Ruling
Ireland Baldwin. David Buchan/Movi Inc/Shutterstock

Speaking her truth. Ireland Baldwin shared her personal experiences with rape and abortion in the wake of the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade.

Janelle Monae and More Stars React After Court Overturns Roe v. Wade

Read article

The model, 26, said in a TikTok video on Sunday, June 26, it was not anyone’s “responsibility” to share their traumas with the world, but she wanted to open up to help others. “I am only now sharing my story because I want other women to feel supported and loved, whether they want to share their own story or not,” Baldwin said.

“I’m not here to tell this story today, but I was raped when I was a teenager. And I was completely unconscious when it happened, and it changed the course of the rest of my life,” she explained. “I never told anyone at the time, not for years. The only person who knew was a nurse that treated me shortly after. And I didn’t even tell my own boyfriend at the time. Not my parents. No one.”

Ireland’s parents are Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin, who were married from 1993 to 2002.

She said keeping her secret hurt many of her loved ones as she spiraled out of control. “I drank a lot more, I partied a lot more, I self-medicated,” Ireland said. “I was in other abusive and toxic relationships and friendships. I pretty much just did everything I could to distract myself.”

The Grudge Match actress continued, “Seeing so many other brave women share their stories, got me thinking what my life would have been like if I had become pregnant, and if I had to raise a baby during everything I was going through at the time. Mind you, I have medical resources, money and support that a lot of women do not have access to. It would have simply been traumatizing and impossible.”

Alec Baldwin and Daughter Ireland Baldwin's Ups and Downs Over the Years

Read article

Though she didn’t need an abortion after her assault, Ireland eventually needed to terminate a pregnancy during a toxic relationship. “Flash forward to another point in my life when I did have a boyfriend, and I did become pregnant. At that point in time, I would say we were very unhappy together, and he made it clear that he never wanted kids or marriage,” the New York Film Academy alum recalled. “He barely wanted to be in a serious relationship.”

Knowing that she could have a baby, put a child up for adoption or have an abortion, Ireland chose to end the pregnancy. “I chose to get an abortion because I know exactly what it felt like to be born between two people who hated each other,” she said.

Alec, 64, and Basinger, 68, who separated in 2000 and finalized their divorce in 2002, went through a public seven-year custody battle for Ireland. In April, the mother and daughter said they’d overcome many “challenges” in their relationships with the Glen Garry Ross star.

“You know we’re all fine, we all get along, whatever. But he’s a challenge. We’ve had our challenges,” Basinger said during a conversation with Jada Pinkett Smith on a season 5 episode of Facebook Watch’s Red Table Talk while discussing Ireland’s mental health struggles. “I don’t think Alec was emotionally or mentally available for that kind of talk. Alec you know operates in a very different way in his life.”

Revisit All of Alec Baldwin's Controversial Moments Through the Years

Read article

In her TikTok video on Sunday, Ireland emphasized that choosing abortion was a choice that she made because it’s her life. “Choosing to raise a baby without my own financial security, without a loving and supportive partner, that wasn’t gonna work for me,” the DJ said.

“I chose me, and I would choose me again. It’s your life, it’s your choice,” she concluded.

Her video was shared two days after the Supreme Court decided to overturn 1973’s Roe v. Wade ruling, no longer guaranteeing women the right to choose an abortion at the federal level. States individually set their own laws, with many banning all pregnancy terminations. Abortion bans went into effect in Arkansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah and Alabama on Friday, June 24, the same day the reversal was announced.



from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/AYV03pB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamic Duo! Chris Stapleton and Wife Morgane's Relationship Timeline

Sweet as strawberry wine. Chris Stapleton and Morgane Stapleton have a love story that keeps country music fans swooning. The pair tied the knot in October 2007, four years after meeting as songwriters in Nashville. While celebrating their 14th anniversary in October 2021, Morgane noted how much her life had changed since Chris became part of it. “14 years today. I don’t remember much about life before you. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for hearing me. Thank you for teaching me. Thank you for respecting me,” she gushed via Instagram alongside a romantic black-and-white photo. “Thank you for giving me everything I cherish in this life. I love you more than I’ll ever be able to put into words, but I’ll spend the rest of my time here on earth trying. Happy anniversary my love!” The musicians share five children — a daughter and four sons — whose names have all been kept private. While they make a perfect parenting team, Chris and Morgane also hit all the right notes together ...

Red Carpet Date! Sophia Bush and Grant Hughes Attend WHCA Dinner

Finding The One! Sophia Bush has kept her romance with Grant Hughes relatively private since the pair were first spotted together in Malibu in May 2020. However, the FocusMotion Health founder has shared a few photos of the couple. Ever since landing the role of Brooke Davis on One Tree Hill in 2003, Bush’s personal life has made headlines. That is something that the actress and activist has intentionally changed, she explained in June 2021. “It’s hard to have nothing that’s yours. And when you are a person who lives in the public eye, everybody wants to pick over everything and that can be really tricky,” the False Positive actress told Entertainment Tonight at the time. “I also grew up in the early aughts when girls were raked over the coals for any choices that they made. And I just was like, ‘I don’t think I like this.’ I didn’t like having my private life lied about. There were times where someone would send through an article and be like, ‘Well, supposedly you’re dating t...

Buzzzz-o-Meter: Kourtney Kardashian's Fave Scent and More Celeb Must-Haves

Smell like a Kardashian — and throw your friends for a loop like Donald Glover . Kourtney Kardashian  doesn’t have to go to Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory to find her Golden Ticket when fragrance brand Snif offers her favorite scent by the same name. “Have your tea and wear it too,” the company says of the fragrance, which features notes of “bergamot, black tea, green tea, golden maté, sage, galbanum (green, woody), incense, amber [and] vetiver,” according to their official website . Snif — which encourages shoppers to “trust your own damn nose” — promises buyers “accessible luxury” to their products, which also includes candles. The Kardashians star’s go-to Golden Ticket retails for $65, so you can channel the Poosh founder, 44, without breaking the bank. If your style is less subtle and more bold , look no further than Glover’s must-have MSCHF BWD sneakers , which are designed to appear as if they’re being worn backward. The footwear went viral after the Atlanta alum, 39,...