Skip to main content

LOL! Tom Brady Hilariously Surprises Cameron Diaz With Unretirement Phone Call

LOL! Tom Brady Hilariously Surprises Cameron Diaz With Unretirement Phone Call
Tom Brady and Cameron Diaz. David J Phillip/AP/Shutterstock; Joanne Davidson/Shutterstock

He’s been there. Tom Brady gave Cameron Diaz a call after Jamie Foxx said she needed some advice about returning to Hollywood.

Everything Cameron Diaz Has Said About Stepping Away From Acting Over the Years

Read article

Foxx, 54, shared a recorded conversation with Diaz, 49, on Wednesday, June 29, just after Netflix announced that the celebs would costar in Netflix’s action-comedy Back in Action, which will start production later this year.

“Cameron I hope you aren’t mad I recorded this, but no turning back now. Had to call in the GOAT to bring back another GOAT,” the Ray actor captioned the audio clip via Twitter.

The soundbite featured Foxx calling the There’s Something About Mary star. “I’m so anxious right now,” Diaz said. “I’m, like, pacing the room. … I feel excited, but I don’t know how to do this, ya know?”

Luckily, the Oscar winner brought in an expert. “Listen, I got somebody on the other line that can help you with this. Can I click him in?” Foxx asked without mentioning who he had on the phone.

“I would love that,” the San Diego native said. “Any kind of tips I can get!”

A deep voice said hello to the celebs. “Cameron, it’s the GOAT,” Foxx explained.

“Oh, my God, is this Tom Brady?” Diaz asked with a giggle.

Brady replied, “I was talking to Jamie and he said you need a few tips on how to unretire. I’m relatively successful at unretiring.”

The Avaline wine cofounder said that the athlete’s perspective was “exactly what I needed.”

Brady famously announced his departure from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to much fanfare earlier this year after winning Super Bowl LV. However, he came out of retirement just 41 days later.

Celebrity BFFs: Hollywood's Closest Pals

Read article

“These past two months I’ve realized my place is still on the field and not in the stands. That time will come. But it’s not now,” Brady shared via Twitter in March. “I love my teammates, and I love my supportive family. They make it all possible. I’m coming back for my 23rd season in Tampa.”

Diaz confirmed via her Instagram Story on Wednesday that Back in Action will be her return to Hollywood after an extended break from the spotlight. “Jamie Foxx, only you could get me back in action!!! I can’t frickin wait it’s gonna be a blast!” she wrote.

The pair worked together on 1999’s Any Given Sunday and 2014’s Annie remake, which was Diaz’s final screen role before her retirement, which she officially acknowledged in 2018. The Charlie’s Angels star has been focusing on her family, which includes husband Benji Madden and daughter Raddix, 2.

“When you do something at a really high level for a long period of time, when you’re the person that’s sort of delivering on this one thing, everything around, all parts of you that isn’t that, has to sort of be handed off to other people,” Diaz told Kevin Hart during an August 2021 appearance on his talk show, Hart to Heart. “Just, the management of me as a human being … Cameron Diaz is a machine. But for my personal, spiritual self, I was realizing that one part of me that functioned at a high level wasn’t enough.”

A source exclusively told Us Weekly in March that Diaz has been offered many roles over the years, but she “politely declined” everything before Foxx and Netflix came to her.

Cameron Diaz Says Having Daughter Raddix Made Her 'Want to Live to Be 110'

Read article

“Naturally, [her friends] asked if she was certain [retirement] was what she wanted, but there was no doubt in their minds that Cameron could always come back if she wanted to,” the insider said at the time. “It wasn’t and still isn’t a total forever thing.”

Back in Action does not yet have a release date. Cameras will start rolling later this year.



from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/BpSATGm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamic Duo! Chris Stapleton and Wife Morgane's Relationship Timeline

Sweet as strawberry wine. Chris Stapleton and Morgane Stapleton have a love story that keeps country music fans swooning. The pair tied the knot in October 2007, four years after meeting as songwriters in Nashville. While celebrating their 14th anniversary in October 2021, Morgane noted how much her life had changed since Chris became part of it. “14 years today. I don’t remember much about life before you. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for hearing me. Thank you for teaching me. Thank you for respecting me,” she gushed via Instagram alongside a romantic black-and-white photo. “Thank you for giving me everything I cherish in this life. I love you more than I’ll ever be able to put into words, but I’ll spend the rest of my time here on earth trying. Happy anniversary my love!” The musicians share five children — a daughter and four sons — whose names have all been kept private. While they make a perfect parenting team, Chris and Morgane also hit all the right notes together ...

Red Carpet Date! Sophia Bush and Grant Hughes Attend WHCA Dinner

Finding The One! Sophia Bush has kept her romance with Grant Hughes relatively private since the pair were first spotted together in Malibu in May 2020. However, the FocusMotion Health founder has shared a few photos of the couple. Ever since landing the role of Brooke Davis on One Tree Hill in 2003, Bush’s personal life has made headlines. That is something that the actress and activist has intentionally changed, she explained in June 2021. “It’s hard to have nothing that’s yours. And when you are a person who lives in the public eye, everybody wants to pick over everything and that can be really tricky,” the False Positive actress told Entertainment Tonight at the time. “I also grew up in the early aughts when girls were raked over the coals for any choices that they made. And I just was like, ‘I don’t think I like this.’ I didn’t like having my private life lied about. There were times where someone would send through an article and be like, ‘Well, supposedly you’re dating t...

Buzzzz-o-Meter: Kourtney Kardashian's Fave Scent and More Celeb Must-Haves

Smell like a Kardashian — and throw your friends for a loop like Donald Glover . Kourtney Kardashian  doesn’t have to go to Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory to find her Golden Ticket when fragrance brand Snif offers her favorite scent by the same name. “Have your tea and wear it too,” the company says of the fragrance, which features notes of “bergamot, black tea, green tea, golden maté, sage, galbanum (green, woody), incense, amber [and] vetiver,” according to their official website . Snif — which encourages shoppers to “trust your own damn nose” — promises buyers “accessible luxury” to their products, which also includes candles. The Kardashians star’s go-to Golden Ticket retails for $65, so you can channel the Poosh founder, 44, without breaking the bank. If your style is less subtle and more bold , look no further than Glover’s must-have MSCHF BWD sneakers , which are designed to appear as if they’re being worn backward. The footwear went viral after the Atlanta alum, 39,...