Skip to main content

Love Is Blind's Shake Chatterjee Calls Ex Deepti Vempati a 'Clout Chaser'

Two sides to the story. After Deepti Vempati and Abhishek “Shake” Chatterjee found love inside the Love Is Blind pods during season 2, the pair went their separate ways before the season was over.

“I knew what I had to do,” Deepti exclusively told Us Weekly ahead of the Netflix series’ finale in February 2022. “No one should have doubts about me [on our wedding day] and I deserve the best. So it’s, like, if you’re not gonna be able to offer it for me, then there’s no chance I’m staying.”

While the information data analyst walked away from Shake in the middle of their planned nuptials, he previously admitted that he did not have a physical connection to his then-fiancée, even referring to her as an “aunt” during one episode.

“There’s a lot of things that he said that he didn’t say to my face and [things] I’ve heard from other cast members,” Deepti told Us about her decision to end their engagement. “I just don’t have room for anybody in my life that doesn’t see me in the best way. And who could even think those types of thoughts, I guess.”

Shortly after the finale, the pair — and their respective loved ones — have continually weighed in about the nature of the twosome’s breakup.

“I’ve mentioned earlier that there are certainly things I want to work on for myself and get better at but one thing I don’t feel inclined to do is pretend I’m sad or sorry about certain things that were out of my control, certain things that I can’t necessarily even speak about,” the veterinarian claimed in an Instagram video in March 2022. “I’m not sorry. I think I handled the situation as best as anybody in my situation could.”

While Shake continued to assert his honesty, Deepti’s siblings took to social media in her defense.

“We’ve witnessed you grow into such an incredible and beautiful woman, you’ve inspired so many people to realize their self worth and demand what they deserve and settle for nothing less,” her brother, Sunny Vempati, and his partner, Hina, wrote via a joint Instagram statement after the finale aired. “We wish you didn’t pick that [clown emoji] but despite his childishness, you carried yourself with grace and continued to see the good in people.”

The statement continued: “Now normally I don’t get involved in drama but I’mma defend my sister here: ‘Shake’, bruh, you’re a loser. You minimized my sister’s life by making some awful and cringeworthy comments about her. You made these statements knowing your own mom would one day watch it; my parents and my entire family had to sit through you talking behind my sister’s back about insecurities she fought her entire life. Despite your comments on and off camera about her body, she continued to only ever be supportive of you, despite our best efforts to convince her to see through your BS. THAT’S the person she is.”

While Shake did not directly address Sunny’s pointed remarks, Deepti reshared the message via Instagram Story, adding a heart emoji as she gushed about the “love and support” from her family.

Scroll below for everything the Love Is Blind exes have said about their public split:


Putting Herself First
“On my wedding day, I was full of mixed emotions but I knew what I had to do,” she told Us in February 2022, noting that she doesn’t regret her reality TV experience. “Everything that I went through, I think I needed to go through just for personal growth. The only regret that I have is I wish I was a little more vulnerable and more emotional outward instead of inward.” Adrian S. Burrows Sr./Netflix
Sorry Not Sorry
“At the end of the day, I’m going to live my best life going forward,” Shake noted in a March 2022 Instagram video, refusing to apologize for his reality TV actions. “And you don’t have to like me, only I have to like me. Thankfully.” Courtesy of Shake Chatterjee/Instagram
Family Drama
Sunny noted via his social media statement that their family had welcomed the aspiring DJ into their home before asking him to “stay the f—k away from [his] sister.” “In spite of your best efforts to pretend this was all fictional and it was because of the ‘edit’, no one forced you to say those words,” Deepti's brother wrote via Instagram. “We welcomed you into our home, and you saw it as an opportunity for clout; so forgive me if I’m not sympathetic towards you and the hate you’re receiving. Good luck with the rest of your life.” Courtesy of Sunny Vempati/Instagram
Putting the Real in Reality TV?
“I’m not perfect but I’m real,” Shake wrote via a cryptic Instagram post that February. Netflix
What She Knew
While it seemed that Shake seldom addressed his lack of chemistry with his former fiancée to her face on camera, Deepti admitted that she did discuss those issues with him. “Shake and I had conversations about how physical intimacy and that chemistry was lacking between us,” she told BuzzFeed that February. “It was kind of disappointing and hard to watch [back as the show aired], especially because my parents were so impacted by it. We welcomed him into our home.” Netflix
Not Lying?
“The one you hate the most is the one that is lying the least. Probably why you don’t like them,” Shake captioned a series of March 2022 Instagram Story slides. “All these perfect apologies are publicity stunts from people who care enough about their appearances to flat out lie. I’m not gonna play that game. Ever.” Netflix
Not Her Problem
“He lacks self-awareness in social settings or even in how to talk to people,” Deepti told Us in February 2022 of her former fiancé. “You know what? I realized it’s not my problem anymore and I shouldn’t have to deal with it. I think we’re on two completely different paths.” Netflix
Reunion Stakes
After costar Kyle Abrams teased the March 4, 2022, reunion special, Shake weighed in about his involvement. “I felt like [the] villain so I played one,” he wrote via Instagram Story that February. “Low key was kinda fun at times but yeah be warned LMAOOOO.” Ser Baffo/Netflix
Not Friendly
“After filming had wrapped, I was under the impression that we could at least celebrate this friendship that we built cause we’ve gone through something so insane and that like no one else understands,” Deepti told Nick Viall during a March 2022 episode of his “Viall Files” podcast. “As the days unfolded after filming had wrapped, I just started to see more of his true character. … I was so disappointed. Honestly, there are no words.” Netflix
Love Is Partially Blind?
During the season 2 reunion, which aired in March 2022, Shake defended his tenure on the show despite believing that physical attraction was crucial for a potential romance, noting that “it’s nature” because “we’re animals.” “But I wanted to be partially blind,” he explained during the televised special. “I wanted to be, Love Is Blurry.… We all have our physical preferences. Listen, every woman in here is beautiful. I think you’re all beautiful. I’m not attracted to all of you. Unfortunately, the only one I’m attracted to is Vanessa [Lachey] — and I wish I wasn’t! I wish I wasn’t. The point is, it’s not a choice.” He added: “This show’s about finding love, OK? It’s not about rushing into something … skipping steps, you know, three through 20 to get to the end goal. … You don’t know what it is until you’re there.” Netflix
Not Friends
Deepti said that she and Shake briefly tried being friends after filming, but the vet's personality was ultimately too much for her. "As the days unfolded I kind of saw more of his true character," she said during a March 2022 episode of the "We Have the Receipts" podcast. "I realized the face or the mask that he put on during filming is nowhere near the person that I thought he was. And it kind of sucks." She went on to say that she felt "drained" every time they hung out because Shake always had a "problem" with someone. "It's such a red flag and it's usually a woman," she added. "He just doesn't know how to talk to women. It's so degrading and it's misogynistic." Ser Baffo/Netflix
Apology Not Accepted
After Shake publicly apologized for his behavior in an Instagram video, Deepti told the Daily Mail that she thought he was faking his remorse because of all the backlash he's gotten. "I feel like he's just doing damage control, and clearly, what he's continued to do on social media since that apology, it's evident that he does not care," she said in March 2022. "He did that for show. He did that to get less hate, but he's not sorry." She added that she felt "broken" during the process of filming Love Is Blind. "That's why I am so grateful for my family and friends, because they constantly reminded me throughout the experience, 'Don't forget the work that you have done on yourself,'" she said. Courtesy Deepti Vempati/Instagram; Courtesy Shake Chatterjee/Instagram
Choosing Herself
“The hardest and best decision I made was choosing myself, so I’ve partnered with @harperwilde to inspire other women around the world to have the courage to do the same,” Deepti wrote via Instagram in March 2022, promoting her collaboration with the lingerie brand. "This bra will be a constant reminder of the strength and resilience women exude on a daily basis!” Portions of the proceeds from sales of the bra — which says “I’m choosing myself” on the side — will be donated to survivors of domestic violence. Courtesy of Deepti Vempati/Instagram
Out of Sight, Out of Mind
“I'm indifferent about Shake. I wish him the best, but I honestly [I] don't wanna put any more energy towards that friendship or that relationship,” Deepti exclusively told Us in June 2022. “I hope he's happy and he's doing his thing. You know, I'm just doing my thing.” She noted that the duo haven’t spoken since Shake made a public apology for his treatment of her on the show and during the reunion. “All I'll say is that the person that I thought I got to know during filming … and [when] we spent a little bit more time without the cameras, I know that me and my castmates noticed that he's just a different type of person and that's OK,” Deepti explained. “He can be whoever he is, but it just didn't mesh well with me and my personality. So we kind of just drifted apart.” The TV personality concluded: “We kind of just naturally went our separate ways and we were kind of forced to come back during reunion and address some things. And, you know, it showed a different side of him and the way he handled just being in the public eye and the way he talked about people, especially women, [that’s] just something that I don't condone.” Courtesy of Deepti Vempati/Instagram
Blocked
"I have Shake blocked, so he does not have the chance to DM me,” she told E! News in July 2022. "People would just be randomly tagging me in things. And I'm like, 'That's old energy that I don't need to deal with. It's time to move on and do fresh, new things.'" Courtesy Deepti Vempati/Instagram; Courtesy Shake Chatterjee/Instagram
Not Holding Back
"Taken October 2021 — over 4 months after she 'chose herself,'" Shake wrote in August 2022 alongside an Instagram photo of him and his ex. "The smear campaign didn't begin until I was identified as the villain of season 2. I don't use the term clout chaser lightly but there is no bigger one from my cast." He added: "To those saying 'just let it go' — If you had the opportunity to prove your point after the whole world came after you for something unfair and untrue, wouldn't you take it?" Courtesy of Shake Chatterjee/Instagram


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/AGSuFtZ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their