Skip to main content

It's Over — Again! JoJo Siwa, GF Kylie Prew Split After Reconciliation

Young love! JoJo Siwa was candid about her romance with best friend Kylie Prew after coming out as a member of the LGBTQ+ community, but the pair’s relationship wasn’t all smooth sailing.

In February 2021, Siwa went public with Prew less than one month after she came out. At the time, the Dance Moms alum opened up about how she made her long-distance romance work.

“A lot of FaceTime,” she exclusively told Us Weekly in August 2021. “FaceTime was our best friend, is our best friend. I mean, we technically still are long-distance, but she’s been out in California for a minute now, which has been really nice, but we both just make it work, you know?”

The “Boomerang” singer also detailed how the pair made sure to never “hold things” from each other. “We’re both super honest and we tell each other where we’re going, what we’re doing,” she added. “Like, trust is a huge thing with long-distance. And I think that us trusting each other is what makes it work.”

Later that year, eagle-eyed fans questioned whether Siwa and Prew were still together after the YouTube personality hinted that she was going through a tough time while working on Dancing With the Stars.

“We officially broke up the morning that I did the Prince Charming number [with partner Jenna Johnson] on Dancing With the Stars,” Siwa explained to Us in October 2021. “It’s been a few weeks and it’s been tough, but we’re getting through it. … I would have handled it so much differently [if I wasn’t on the show]. I just want[ed] time to be sad.”

Amid her breakup, the singer admitted that she was interested in finding someone new. For Siwa, it was important to connect with a person who “loves her” and “doesn’t want to change” who she is.

“I’ve said this once before, I do want to have a cuddle buddy because I miss cuddling a lot,” the former competitive dancer revealed to Us at the People’s Choice Awards in December 2021. “I’m not opposed to the idea of [dating]. Obviously, I am a believer in that, like, life is life and I might meet somebody tonight that I fall in love with. And the next time that I fall in love, you know, I’m down to date, but until then, I avoid dating for fun. I would only date if I was really serious.”

After hinting that she was officially off the market again, Siwa confirmed that she and Prew were giving their relationship a second try. “I am in a relationship and I’m very happy and very lucky to be loved. It’s been very nice,” she told Entertainment Tonight in May 2022. “I think something that’s been great, is it’s been so honest, and I think that’s a mistake that I’ve made in the past, is maybe trying to be something that I maybe wasn’t. But this is just so pure and so honest, and it’s so real and it just feels like we got it right.”

Three months later, however, Prew confirmed that the duo had called it quits once again.

Scroll on to relive Siwa and Prew’s relationship ups and downs:


February 2021
"After being my best friend for over a year, January 8th 2021 I got to start calling this exceptional human my Girlfriend... and Since then I've been the happiest I have ever been!" the performer wrote in an adorable Instagram post in honor of the duo's one-month anniversary. "She seriously is the most loving, supportive, happiest, protective, and just the most beautiful perfect person in the world. And I get to call her mine! Happy one month to my girl! I love you more and more every day!❤️." Courtesy of JoJo Siwa/Instagram
February 2021
"It's my first valentines dayyyy!!🥰 No one in the world makes me as happy as this girl does," Siwa captioned an Instagram pic of her getting a piggyback ride from her girlfriend. "I'm so thankful to have fallen in love with the most perfect person ever who makes me smile 24/7. I love you more than you'll ever know! ❤️." Courtesy of JoJo Siwa/Instagram
August 2021
During an interview with Us, the Nebraska native got honest about what made her romance with Prew work. “I think we are able to communicate really well,” she shared. “And I think both of our intentions are super genuine and we both want the same outcome of this relationship, you know, we both want to be together for forever and we both just want to be there for each other. And so, I think that that's why it works, you know? I never wanted to grow up and then have somebody come into my life in that way. I wanted to meet somebody who I was in love with when I was young.” The Nickelodeon star noted that she’s been “really, really happy and lucky” while dating “the most perfect girl in the world.”   Courtesy of Kylie Prew/Instagram
November 2021
"Listen, I want a cuddle buddy bad. I'm not ashamed to admit it," JoJo revealed to Us during a joint interview with her mother, Jessalynn Siwa. "I want a movie night. I don't want to do anything that 18-year-olds aren't supposed to do." She continued: "Cuddling is great. Movies are nice. Kisses are great. … I'm not opposed to [dating], if there's somebody that enters my life tomorrow that I think is awesome and treats me wonderful[ly]. Would I take things very slow because of the position that I'm in? Absolutely. But would a cuddle date hurt anybody? No." Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock
December 2021
According to JoJo, pulling the plug on their romance didn't halt her friendship with Prew. “I got that [time to be sad],” the J Team producer said, referring to the split. “And I was like, ‘I’ve been very lucky that I don’t have much of that right now.’ And I realized what was making me sad is I felt like I couldn’t be friends with Ky anymore. And then I was like, ‘This is dumb.’ We started being friends by Snapchatting every day. We’re going to go back to being friends.” Broadimage/Shutterstock
March 2022
While hinting that she was no longer single, JoJo gushed about how "happy" she was with her personal life. “I was gonna erase my whole bio but just put the lock [emoji],” she said during an episode of the “Rachel Uncensored” podcast. “We're not single. I say ‘we're' because it's me and my multiple personalities within myself. … I am not single and I don't want to mingle. No, I'm a loyal lady.” JoJo concluded: “Listen, I went around the block, I tried a lot, and I learned a lot and I'm very, very, very happy where I am now.”   Broadimage/Shutterstock
May 2022
“If you love something let it go, if it comes back….🤍♾,” the "Kid in a Candy Store" singer wrote via Instagram alongside two photos of the lovebirds sharing a kiss while at Florida's Disney Parks. Courtesy of JoJo Siwa/Instagram
May 2022
JoJo and Prew packed on the PDA in front of a rainbow-colored lifeguard tower. Courtesy of JoJo Siwa/Instagram
June 2022
The couple sat beside Gigi Gorgeous and her partner, Nats Getty, at the Los Angeles Dodgers' annual LGBTQ+ Pride Night game — and both pairs packed on the PDA for the Kiss Cam. Courtesy Gigi Gorgeous/Instagram
August 2022
Prew confirmed she was single again shortly after reconciling with Siwa. "I don't like drama and it makes me really, really anxious so I don't really wanna talk about it for a while," she told fans in a TikTok video, adding that the split happened "almost two months" prior and that everything was "OK" between her and the Siwas Dance Pop Revolution star. "It's not deep, I promise. Everything's fine. Not everything has to be messy and gross because it's not, and I just want to clear the air." Courtesy Kylie Prew/Instagram


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/R8tjp2J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their