Skip to main content

Everything to Know About TikTok Star Ophelia Nichols' Son's Death

Ophelia Nichols has made headlines after the TikTok star used her online platform to address her son Randon Lee’s shocking death.

“Today would have been my baby child’s 19th birthday, but he was took from me last night,” the social media influencer said in a June 2022 video. “Took from my children and my husband and our family. My son was murdered. He was shot and I have this hatred in my heart that I don’t recognize ’cause I’ve never felt hate for anybody.”

At the time, Nichols explained she was still looking for information on what happened to her late son. “This individual took my son’s life. He was just 18 years old, that was the best part of somebody’s life. And I know they’re out there in my town. They’re out there. They’re out there living and breathing when my son is not,” she continued. “The word is already gotten out and I’m just being overloaded with messages. And I need to let everybody know. But I’m doing this video for a reason. Because I need y’all’s help.”

The Alabama native got visibly emotional as she discussed her efforts to track down details about Lee’s passing. “I never asked y’all for anything, but I need your help with this. There’s almost 7 million people that follow me. Somebody’s got to know something,” she said in the emotional clip. “Somebody knows who did this to my child. And I’m asking for somebody’s help. Anybody’s help. It’s my son.”

That same month, Nichols opened up about how her platform helped her efforts. “Through this process we’ve found out a lot of stuff — a lot of stuff we just didn’t know,” she explained via TikTok. “When your children live out on their own and pay their own bills and they have a good job — it just don’t cross your mind that they would be doing anything to get themselves into trouble.”

She added: “We’ve been told that the detectives think that marijuana was being [dealt]. My son was meeting there, and either they tried to rob him or they did rob him, but he was shot.”

According to Nichols, her son was struggling with mental health issues — including depression — following his father’s death. “We just had a birthday dinner for him. We were all telling him how proud we were of him — just had no idea. He comes from good people, and he comes from a good family and a good home. But sometimes that just don’t matter, you know,” she continued.

At the end of the video, Nichols pointed out that “nobody [has] the right” to harm her son regardless of the situation.

Scroll down for everything we know about Lee’s death:


What Happened?
During a press conference in June 2022, Prichard Detective Jason Hadaway detailed how Lee was shot at a gas station after approaching the gas pumps at the same time as the suspect. Hadaway noted that a suspect got inside of Lee's car and one shot was fired. The suspect then left Lee's vehicle and drove away from the gas station. Lee, for his part, also departed in an attempt to "escape" the shooter. The victim ended up crossing the road to another station where he was found by EMS. Attempts to revive Lee were unsuccessful and he died on the scene. Courtesy of Ophelia Nichols/Instagram
Have There Been New Developments?
While breaking down the incident that led to Lee's death, Hadaway stated that the victim was "selling narcotics" to two people shortly before the shooting. "There was narcotics found in the vehicle when the crime scene unit processed the scene," the detective added, noting that there were "a couple of suspects in mind." At the time, Hadaway also clarified that Lee was selling marijuana. "This homicide is not more important than any homicide we've had in the city of Prichard or actually anywhere," he concluded. "I realize that Ms. Nichols has a TikTok following which is great, and all those followers could help by calling in if they have any information." Courtesy of Ophelia Nichols/Instagram
What Has Nichols Learned About Her Son’s Death?
In the comments section of her first video, Nichols offered an update on the case, writing, “Just been told We have a lead on 2 individuals. I hope they see this video and know what they have done to my family." Courtesy of Ophelia Nichols/Instagram
How Did His Father React?
In July 2022, Nichols got emotional discussing how husband Derick supported her through the difficult time in her life. "He did everything for me," she said via TikTok. "There was one day that I was so physically ill⁠, my body in some way was reacting to my baby child leaving this earth ... and he was outside on the porch calling my friends, listening and asking how to help me because he's never seen me so sick before. I knew my husband loved me, but he really showed it through all this." Nichols noted that her husband and son shared a bond even though they weren't biologically related. "I've been with my husband 16 years and I ain't ever seen him cry," she continued, referring to their funeral for her son. "And that day in front of the casket, my husband cried for the first time in front of me." Courtesy Ophelia Nichols/Instagram
How Is the Family Doing?
"I cannot lie, the past three days have probably been the worst for me," Nichols explained in a July 2022 TikTok clip, one month after her son's death. "I find at least the joy in something every day so that I can laugh or smile, but the only thing that I have been patiently waiting to do is go and be by the water ever since my family has been through the hardest moment of our life." Courtesy of Ophelia Nichols/Instagram
Has There Been an Arrest?
Reuben Gulley was arrested and detained in Alabama on August 18 in connection to Lee’s death, according to the Mobile County Metro Jail website. The 20-year-old suspect, who is facing murder charges, surrendered himself to the police, according to Fox 10 News. Mobile County Sheriff's Office


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/lMZsUeo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their