Skip to main content

Stars Who Got Engaged Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic

Love conquers all! The coronavirus pandemic has halted many things, but proposals are still happening.

Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich, for instance, got engaged in July 2020. The couple, who began dating amid the pandemic in late March, shared their engagement news with fans on July 22.

“When I was a little girl, my birth dad always called me his ‘little partner’- something that might’ve sounded strange without his southern cowboy like accent,” the “Skyscraper” singer wrote via Instagram, alongside photos of the Malibu, California, proposal. “To me it made perfect sense. And today that word makes perfect sense again but today I’m officially going to be someone else’s partner.”

The former Disney Channel star added: “@maxehrich – I knew I loved you the moment I met you. It was something I can’t describe to anyone who hasn’t experienced it firsthand but luckily you did too.. I’ve never felt so unconditionally loved by someone in my life (other than my parents) flaws and all. You never pressure me to be anything other than myself. And you make me want to be the best version of myself. I’m honored to accept your hand in marriage. I love you more than a caption could express but I’m ecstatic to start a family and life with you. I love you forever my baby. My partner. Here’s to our future!!!!”

The couple split two months later.

Across the pond, Brooklyn Beckham popped the question to his girlfriend of less than a year, Nicola Peltz, in late June. The duo announced their happy news on July 11, by posting a photo together taken by the photographer’s little sister, Harper.

“Two weeks ago I asked my soulmate to marry me and she said yes xx I am the luckiest man in the world,” the model, who was first linked to Peltz in October 2019, wrote at the time. “I promise to be the best husband and the best daddy one day ❤ I love you baby xx.”

The Bates Motel alum gushed about the happy moment via social media, writing, “You’ve made me the luckiest girl in the world. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life by your side. your love is the most precious gift. I love you so so much baby.”

Ben Higgins didn’t let quarantine stop his plans to propose either. He popped the question to girlfriend Jessica Clarke in March.

Us Weekly broke the news on March 28 that the former Bachelor star asked Clarke to be his bride in Franklin, Tennessee, while staying with her family amid the quarantine. He originally planned to ask the University of Mississippi alum in New York City with dancers and both families in attendance.

“I don’t remember everything you said, but I know that I said yes,” Clarke wrote alongside a series of photos of Higgins popping the question at a pond behind her parents’ house. “I woke up in a dream today and I get to live this dream every day from now on.”

Scroll down to see which lovebirds, including Billie Lourd and Austen Rydell, have gotten engaged amid the coronavirus pandemic.


Jordan Kimball and Christina Creedon

Us Weekly exclusively revealed that the former Bachelorette star proposed to his girlfriend on Christmas Eve, just before mass with Creedon's family in Texas. The Bachelor in Paradise alum was previously engaged to costar Jenna Cooper.

Bailey Hart/BaileyHartCreative
Marquel Martin and Kari Kaisner

Martin, who appeared on Andi Dorfman's season of The Bachelorette in 2014 and Bachelor in Paradise, proposed to his longtime love in Las Vegas on December 19. "So tonight I did a thing…a blessed thing," he captioned a photo on Instagram that showed the couple popping a bottle of champagne in celebration.

Courtesy of Kari Kaisner/Instagram
Ariana Grande and Dalton Gomez

The Grammy winner announced their engagement on December 20, sharing a photo on Instagram of her diamond and pearl ring and writing, "Forever n then some."

The couple, who met when the real estate agent was hired to help her find a home to buy before the COVID-19 pandemic hit, were first spotted together in February.

"Ariana is beyond excited," a source told Us. "She has really enjoyed getting to know and falling in love with Dalton out of the spotlight, something she didn't get to do in her past relationships. They are so in love and committed to spend the rest of their lives together."

Courtesy of Ariana Grande/Instagram
Alexis Bellino and Andy Bohn

The former Real Housewives of Orange County star announced her engagement to boyfriend Andy Bohn on December 18. "One good thing actually came out of 2020," she wrote via Instagram. "Yes, @acbohnz. I’m all YOURS. #engaged."

Courtesy of Alexis Bellino/Instagram
Maria Sharapova and Alexander Gilkes

The retired tennis pro confirmed her engagement to Gilkes via Instagram on December 17 after two years of dating, gushing, "I said yes from the first day we met ❤️ This was our little secret, wasn't it 💍🥂 @gilkesa."

Xavier Collin/Image Press Agency/MEGA
Keshia Knight Pulliam and Brad James

The House of Payne actress and the A House Divided actor announced their engagement on December 16 via Instagram. “I said Yes!! ❤️💍 I LOVE YOU @mrbradjames !!!!” Pulliam captioned a photo from the pair’s “magical engagement dinner” with her 3-year-old daughter, Ella. “My desire is a lifetime and beyond filled with love & family. My heart is so filled with joy!! So excited to continue to choose each other & our family every day.”

Shutterstock (2)
Lana Del Rey and Clayton Johnson

Us confirmed on December 15 that the “Summertime Sadness” singer and the guitarist had recently gotten engaged, after Del Rey was spotted on multiple occasions wearing a diamond ring on her left hand.

Beretta/Sims/Shutterstock; Courtesy Clayton Johnson/Instagram
Gabourey Sidibe and Brandon Frankel

The American Horror Story alum announced on November 24 that she and Frankel were engaged. “It’s weird that people think we’re already married but I guess our hearts and intentions for each other are just that clear to see,” she wrote via Instagram alongside a video of her ring. “My BFF proposed and now I get to hold him forever.”

Courtesy of Brandon Frankel/Instagram
Hannah Ferrier and Josh

“And then there were three...and a ring 💍🥂,” the Below Deck Mediterranean alum captioned an Instagram photo on November 23, announcing her engagement to longtime boyfriend Josh. The couple welcomed their first child one month prior.

Courtesy Hannah Ferrier/Instagram
Ryan Cabrera and Alexa Bliss

The singer and the WWE star got engaged after one year of dating. “Tonight was the best night of my life!!! And it’s just the beginning!!!” Cabrera wrote via his Instagram Story on November 15, while Bliss gushed on Instagram, “One year ago we said hello, tonight I said YES @ryancabrera.” 

Courtesy of Alexa Bliss/Instagram
John Graham and Brittni Nowell

On November 8, the former Bachelorette contestant revealed that he proposed to his girlfriend — and she said yes! “It’s official! I love you @bee_nowell for making me a better person with my friends and family, helping me feel & articulate my emotions, and always putting our relationship first,” he wrote via Instagram. “I’m blessed to have won at life by finding you ❤️.”

Graham added, “I proposed along the Sonoma coast. I was so nervous when I got down on one knee. I’m pretty sure I blacked out in the moment, but then she pulled me up and wouldn’t let go of me. Don’t ever let me go!”

Courtesy Brittni Nowell/Instagram
Derek Peth and Saffron Vadher

The Bachelor in Paradise alum shared a video of the British model showing off her diamond engagement ring on November 9.

Courtesy of Derek Peth/Instagram
Sue Bird and Megan Rapinoe

The WNBA player and the U.S. women's national team soccer player announced their engagement on October 30 after four years of dating. "Love so much!!" Bird captioned a photo via Instagram of Rapinoe proposing to her in a pool.

Courtesy of Sue Bird/Instagram
Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton

On October 27, the musicians confirmed via Instagram that they had gotten engaged five years after sparking their romance. "Yes please! 💍🙏🏻," Stefani captioned a snapshot of her and Shelton locking lips. The "God's Country" crooner shared an identical picture, writing, "Hey @gwenstefani thanks for saving my 2020... And the rest of my life.. I love you. I heard a YES!"

ROMA/MEGA
Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich

The “Sorry Not Sorry” singer and the Young and the Restless alum announced their engagement after four months of dating on July 22. “I’ve never felt so unconditionally loved by someone in my life (other than my parents) flaws and all. You never pressure me to be anything other than myself,” Lovato wrote via Instagram. “And you make me want to be the best version of myself. I’m honored to accept your hand in marriage. I love you more than a caption could express but I’m ecstatic to start a family and life with you.”

Courtesy Demi Lovato/Instagram
Brooklyn Beckham and Nicola Peltz

Two weeks after popping the question, the British model revealed on July 11 that he and Peltz were engaged. “I asked my soulmate to marry me and she said yes xx I am the luckiest man in the world,” Beckham announced via Instagram. “I promise to be the best husband and the best daddy one day ❤️ I love you baby xx.”

Courtesy Nicola Peltz/Instagram
Morgan Stewart and Jordan McGraw

The Daily Pop host announced on July 4 that she was engaged to the “Met at a Party” crooner after less than a year of dating. “Fireworks,” she simply wrote alongside a photo of her rocking a sparkly engagement ring. Stewart was previously married to Brendan Fitzpatrick for three years before filing for divorce in October 2019.

Shutterstock (2)
Billie Lourd and Austen Rydell

“💍💍💍She said YES!! (Actually she said ‘Duhhh’),” Rydell wrote alongside a series of photos of the pair via Instagram on June 25. “But I guess that’s even better than yes?!? 💗” The couple took the next step in their relationship after dating on and off for four years.

Shutterstock
Heather Locklear and Chris Heisser

News broke on June 19 that the Melrose Place alum was engaged to her off-again, on-again boyfriend. The two were high school sweethearts and have previously made headlines for their rocky relationship.

Courtesy Heather Locklear/Instagram
Dina Lohan and Jesse Nadler

“It’s Official,” Lohan wrote via Facebook on June 17, alongside a photo of her engagement ring. Lohan previously split from her internet boyfriend in April 2019 after five years together but rekindled the romance a year later.

Shutterstock; Courtesy Jesse Nadler/Facebook
Aaron Carter and Melanie Martin

The musician revealed on June 12 that he and Martin were engaged following a brief split in April. “Love wins #iloveyou3000 #engaged #fiance #ourlovestory,” Carter captioned a photo of his fiancée’s ring.

YouTube
Jennifer Snowden and Lee James

“WE’RE GETTING MARRIED!!!” the Southern Charm alum captioned a series of photos via Instagram on May 23. Lee, who shares son Ascher with Snowden, got down on one knee at an art shop while in Sullivan’s Island, South Carolina.

Courtesy Jennifer Snowdon/Instagram (2)
Dog the Bounty Hunter and Francie Frane

Us confirmed that the reality TV star was engaged to Frane on May 4. Dog proposed at the couple’s Colorado home surrounded by candles. His late wife, Beth Chapman, passed away from cancer 10 months prior.

Courtesy of Duane Chapman/Instagram
Jeannie Mai and Jeezy

The rapper asked the daytime talk show host to marry him on March 27, after dating for nearly two years. The “Soul Survivor” singer changed his proposal plans after the couple’s trip to Southeast Asia was put on hold amid the pandemic. He transformed his Los Angeles home into a Vietnamese wonderland to make the day special.

Shutterstock
Ben Higgins and Jessica Clarke

Us broke the on March 28 that the former Bachelor star proposed to Clarke by a pond in Franklin, Tennessee, after more than a year of dating. “I had these big plans for New York City and we had planned some incredible things. The dancers from The Bachelor – Live On Stage had planned a dance routine, we had picked the perfect place, our families were gonna fly out and meet us,” Higgins explained to Chris Harrison during an Instagram Live on March 31. “Well, that all changed. So, we just did it at the pond behind the house and it was still nice. It wasn’t as glamorous, but it was so much more special, I think.”

Courtesy Ben Higgins/Instagram


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/2OVwewa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their