Skip to main content

Mindy Kaling, Sarah Michelle Gellar and More Stars Say Goodbye to 2020

2020 was a rocky year, to say the least. That being said, many stars have had no problem in saying farewell to 2020 ahead of the new year.

Mindy Kaling took to Instagram on Thursday, December 31, to bid adieu with a meme. Sharing a reference to her former sitcom The Office, the 41-year-old actress and writer’s character Kelly Kapoor is shown saying, “I mean, I video chat, I Skype, I text, I tweet, I phone, I woof.” In the caption, she noted that her post “pretty much sums up 2020.”

In September, the Mindy Project alum quietly welcomed her second child, a son named Spencer. “This time has been so challenging,” the comedian, who is also the mother to a 2-year-old named Katherine, said on the Today show in October. “So, just to have this little, cuddly 9-pound human living with me has just been the most fun, uplifting thing.”

Sarah Michelle Gellar, for her part, wrapped up 2020 with a photo of herself flashing her middle finger. Along with the funny pic, she reflected on the ups and downs that occurred throughout the challenging year.

“This is my goodbye to 2020. I have hope for 2021. I hope my children can step foot in a classroom for the first time since March. I hope to hug my friends back home in NYC that I haven’t seen since March,” the 43-year-old actress wrote. “I hope to safely get to leave the state of California and not feel that I am making the jobs of doctors and nurses and frontline workers more difficult.”

The Buffy the Vampire Slayer alum then regarded 2020 as “the hardest” year she can remember, adding, “But it also had its beauty. Never in my life would I have ever been afforded this kind of quality time with my kids and my husband [Freddie Prinze Jr.]. I will always find the joy in that (even though at times I too get frustrated) And yes, I would love to find myself in new places, exploring new surroundings, but I will continue to choose to be part of the solution and follow the guidelines.”

Gellar and Prinze Jr., 44, expanded their brood earlier this month when they adopted twin Akita puppies, Kumi and Sato. The She’s All That actor told Us Weekly exclusively the additional ways the couple “mixed it up a little bit” in 2020. “We did Christmas a little bit early,” he revealed on December 10. “We got the kids a trampoline ‘cause we had the space.”

Additionally, Taylor Swift uniquely parted ways with 2020 by posing in a bear costume. “Bye 2020,” the “Willow” singer, 31, wrote via Instagram on Thursday, December 31. “It’s been weird.”

Despite the bumpiness that occurred globally from March onward, Swift used her time in quarantine amid the coronavirus pandemic to create two successful surprise albums: Folklore and Evermore. She dropped Evermore on her 31st birthday on December 13.

Scroll down to see how stars are honoring the end of 2020.


Sarah Michelle Gellar

The Cruel Intentions actress flashed her middle finger in a hilarious Instagram pic, saying: “This is my goodbye to 2020. I have hope for 2021.”

Courtesy Sarah Michelle Gellar/Instagram
Taylor Swift

The “Shake It Off” singer commented on how “weird” 2020 has been while dressed in a bear costume.

Charles Sykes/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Jonathan Van Ness

Across a series of photos for Instagram, the Queer Eye star reflected on how “2020 was a year unlike any other.” He noted some of the positive moments that occurred, revealing, “I got married to my best friend & have a loving partner to continue building my life with.”

Matt Rourke/AP/Shutterstock
Kerry Washington

In addition to sharing a video of herself and her father looking back at their favorite dad jokes from 2020, the Little Fires Everywhere alum posted a meme where she looked distressed. “Describe 2020 in one photo,” she wrote. “YES! I see the memes!!!!! OMG. Hate that I love ya’ll. Soooooooo much. LOL 😭😂🤪 #ByteMe2020.”

Courtesy Kerry Washington/Instagram
Candace Cameron Bure

While sharing her top nine Instagram pics from 2020, the Fuller House star reflected on what she accomplished amid the tumultuous year. “I posted in 2019’s top nine that 2020 would be a year to regroup and refocus. I believe I did that,” she explained. “I spent more time with my family than I have in the last 12 years, I watched more sunsets than I ever have and laughed a lot at the little things. This year wasn’t what any of us expected, but I see the blessings of it.”

Courtesy Candace Cameron Bure/Instagram
Busy Philipps

The Cougar Town alum shared several photos that she nearly posted on Instagram earlier this year but didn’t. In her second photobomb post, she noted it was a time “in which we stay the fuxk home and all try our best.”

Courtesy Busy Philipps/Instagram
Mindy Kaling

The Late Night star used a meme from The Office to wrap up the year, noting that it “pretty much sums up 2020.”

Courtesy Mindy Kaling/Instagram
Chrissy Teigen

The Cravings author commemorated the end of the year by sharing a round-up of her “top rated snacks of 2020.”

Anthony Harvey/Shutterstock


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/3hvwNuh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their