Skip to main content

Kristen Bell Claims Her Comments About Not Bathing Kids Were a Joke

To each their own! While it may seem like taking a shower is a typical part of one’s day, some stars have admitted that habit can change based on circumstances.

Mila Kunis raised plenty of eyebrows when she admitted that her upbringing affected her point of view on personal hygiene because she “didn’t shower much” as a child due to a lack of hot water.

“I wasn’t that parent that bathed my newborns — ever,” the Bad Moms actress told “Armchair Expert” podcast hosts Dax Shepard and Monica Padman in July 2021.

Kunis and her husband, Ashton Kutcher, share Wyatt (born in 2014) and Dimitri (born in 2016), and later discussed taking liberties with how they stay clean every day.

“I do have a tendency to throw some water on my face after a workout to get all the salts out,” Kunis said on the podcast.

The That 70’s Show alums’ revelations inspired a widespread discussion about how others choose to bathe themselves and their children. The following month, Shepard and his wife, Kristen Bell, admitted that they reached a point where keeping track of which one of them was in charge of their kids’ bath time.

“We had to start saying, ‘Hey, when’s the last time you bathed them?’” Shepard shared during an appearance on The View in August 2021.

The pair, who share Lincoln (born in 2013) and Delta (born in 2014), joked they that they sometimes have gone “five or six days” before giving their little ones a bath.

“Once you catch a whiff, that’s biology’s way of letting you know you need to clean it up,” Bell added. “There’s a red flag, because honestly, it’s just bacteria. And once you get the bacteria, you gotta be like, ‘Get in the tub or the shower.'”

Later that month, Jake Gyllenhaal weighed in on the conversation when he explained why he decided that he could skip showers from time to time.

“I do also think that there’s a whole world of not bathing that is also really helpful for skin maintenance, and we naturally clean ourselves,” the actor told Vanity Fair in August 2021.

Although the Spider-Man: Far From Home star wasn’t a fan of daily showers, he clarified that the same rule didn’t apply to every aspect of his hygiene.

“I do believe, because Elvis Costello is wonderful, that good manners and bad breath get you nowhere. So I do [brush my teeth],” he added.

Scroll down for more celebs who felt comfortable sharing their shower routines with the world:


Lizzo

In August 2021, the performer reposted an article about Matthew McConaughey not wearing deodorant via her Instagram Stories and noted that she "stopped using deodorant" too and has since smelled "BETTER."

Anthony Harvey/Shutterstock
Terry Crews

"First of all, if you ain't been sweating, you don't need to shower," the Brooklyn Nine-Nine star joked during an Access Hollywood interview in August 2021. "But I spend all day sweating, all the time, running and working out, and it ain't nice. My wife is like, 'Babe, babe, babe.' I'm Mr. Old Spice, you know what I mean? So I've got to get clean."

After claiming his comments were "misrepresented" on social media, Crews clarified, "I am not anti-bathing."

Rob Latour/Shutterstock
Drew Barrymore

"I guess I'm a five-day-a-weeker with a possible sixth day,” the actress told Entertainment Tonight in August 2021 of bathing her kids. "I'm just looking for balance. I'm like, 'You were at school all day. … Bath every night.’ On the weekends, it's like, 'You're in the salty ocean. Who cares? You're fine.’"

Courtesy of Kristina Bumphrey/StarPix/Shutterstock
Matthew McConaughey

The actor has said he doesn't wear deodorant, but Yvette Nicole Brown, who worked with him on Tropic Thunder in 2008, reassured fans that he still smells good. "I remember that Matthew McConaughey said that he did not use deodorant and that he didn't have an odor. So my first thought was, 'I'm going to get as close as I can to him to see if he's right,'" she recalled during an August 2021 episode of The Jess Cagle Show on SiriusXM. "He does not have an odor. He smells like granola and good living. He has a sweet, sweet scent. That is just him and it's not musty or crazy."

MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Joe Keery

In an August 2021 GQ interview, the Stranger Things star admitted that he doesn't wash his hair and rarely gets haircuts on his own time. Instead, he lets touch-ups "simply happen" as part of his job.

Patrick Lewis/StarPix for Netflix/Shutterstock
Jake Gyllenhaal

"More and more I find bathing to be less necessary, at times," Gyllenhaal told Vanity Fair in August 2021.

Rob Latour/Shutterstock
Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher

"I wash my armpits and my crotch daily, and nothing else ever,” Kutcher said on the “Armchair Expert” podcast in July 2021. Kunis, for her part, said, “I don’t wash my body with soap every day. But I wash pits and tits and holes and soles.”

Peter Barreras/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard

During an appearance on The View in August 2021, the couple explained that they used to bathe their daughter, Lincoln and Delta, “every single night before bed," but that started to change as the kids grew older.

Matt Baron/BEI/Shutterstock
Dwayne Johnson

"Nope, I’m the opposite of a 'not washing themselves' celeb. Shower (cold) when I roll outta bed to get my day rollin’. Shower (warm) after my workout before work. Shower (hot) after I get home from work. Face wash, body wash, exfoliate and I sing (off key) in the shower," the Jungle Cruise actor wrote via Twitter in August 2021.

Rob Latour/Shutterstock
June Diane Raphael

The Grace and Frankie star confirmed in August 2021, "I bathe myself and my children every day.”

Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Jason Momoa

“I’m not starting any trends. I shower, trust me,” Momoa said in an interview with Access Hollywood in August 2021. “I’m Aquaman. I’m in the f--king water. Don’t worry about it. I’m Hawaiian. We got saltwater on me. We good.”

Speed Media/Shutterstock
Jodie Turner-Smith

"Before you lot even ask: in this house, we bathe," the Queen & Slim star tweeted in August 2021.

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Chris Evans

"I shower all the time," the Marvel actor told Today in July 2020.

 

Broadimage/Shutterstock
Brad Pitt

In 2009, Pitt's Inglorious Basterds costar Eli Roth shared words of wisdom he picked up on set about staying clean.

“I got six kids. All you’ve got to do is just take [baby wipes], a couple quick wipes under the pits. I’m getting [peed] on all day. I don’t have time to take a shower,” Pitt admitted to Roth about how fatherhood adjusted his routine.

David Fisher/Shutterstock
Robert Pattinson

Following rumors that the Twilight star preferred to wait when it came to washing his hair, Pattinson cleared the air, telling Extra in February 2012, "Probably. I don't know. I don't really see the point in washing your hair.”

 

Michael Hurcomb/Shutterstock
Tamron Hall

The former Today anchor considered giving up daily showers after reading an article on the subject, later explaining on air in May 2014, "People with skin issues notice that when they forgo daily baths, it eases up eczema and dry skin."

 

Shutterstock
Richard Marx

As the show conversation took social media by storm in August 2021, the singer tweeted, "Going on record here that I bathe every goddamned day."

 

MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Coco Austin

"Well, I don't shower every day. I do what's needed," the former reality star told E's Daily Pop in August 2021. "I wash my hair every four days. But when I'm feeling icky, I'll get in the shower. Whether that's every day, that may be, but that could be every three days. I kinda keep myself clean, though. Like, if I feel like my pits smell or something, I just take some washcloths and some soap to it. I might not have to clean my whole body."

 

Aurora Rose/OK! Magazine/Shutterstock
Sophia Bush

After a fan tweeted their concern about seeing the One Tree Hill alum trending because she possibly added to the bathing debate, the actress set the record straight.

"OH MY GOD I AM CACKLING!! Nope. Just engaged ;) Also I love showers," Bush, who got engaged to boyfriend Grant Hughes, tweeted in August 2021.

 

Andy Kropa/Invision/AP/Shutterstock


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/37ztjmg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono