Skip to main content

Jana Kramer: I'm Ready to 'Get Back Out There and Date'

Turning the page. Jana Kramer has been vocal about the emotional rollercoaster she’s been on since splitting from Mike Caussin.

Us Weekly confirmed in April 2021 that the One Tree Hill alum filed for divorce from the former football player after nearly six years of marriage. Kramer announced the breakup the same month, revealing she “fought” to keep her relationship going.

“I’ve loved hard. I’ve forgiven. I’ve put the work in. I’ve given everything I have, and now I have nothing else to give,” she wrote via Instagram at the time. “I just can’t fight any longer.  It’s time to heal. Thank you for all the love, heart, and support, in many ways you have fought on this journey alongside me, and for that I am grateful. I’ll always encourage you to continue the good fight, but you can’t fight it alone. 💔

Shortly after news of the split broke, a source exclusively told Us that the Approaching Midnight actress, who shares daughter Jolie and son Jace with the ex-NFL star, “uncovered a recent infidelity” that led to her ending things for good.

The former couple previously separated in 2016 after being married one year. The brief split came after Us broke the news of Caussin’s infidelity. The Virginia native sought treatment for sex addiction and the pair renewed their vows the following year.

“Jana’s final straw came when she uncovered once again that [Mike] had cheated on her,” the insider said in April 2021, noting the duo were in couple’s counseling every week ahead of the divorce.

A second source told Us, “Jana and Mike both agree [that] at this point it’s not going to work.” The insider explained that while the former athlete “always regrets what he’s done” in regard to his past indiscretions, “unfortunately it doesn’t end there.”

Kramer, for her part, “knows she did her best and did everything she could” before walking away, according to the source. “She’s definitely holding her ground and saying she’s not going to take him back. She’s done, but emotionally it’s been draining.”

The Love at First Bark star has since returned to social media and her hosting duties on the “Whine Down” podcast. Kramer’s personal life has never been off limits, with the actress opening up about her highs and lows with fans both online and on the radio.

Scroll down to see what the Christmas in Mississippi star has said about her breakup, including how she’s moving forward as a single mom and career woman.


Shutting Down

"I'm still in the grieving process of it," Kramer admitted on an August 2021 "Whine Down" podcast episode. "And when we talk, [Mike's] very much like, 'Get over it. This is our reality.' But I'm not there yet. ... There's no empathy in that. ... It feels very business-like."

The actress was "struggling" with the coldness between her and her former spouse, she said. "I'm not that light switch that can be like, 'Oh yeah, this is our reality. I'm over it.' ... I never thought it would be, like, a business relationship like that."

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
New Normal

“I have to start getting used to my new normal. Forgive me for not really knowing how to walk that yet,” Kramer said via her Instagram Stories in April 2021, noting she doesn’t want to “put a Band-Aid on things because in order to fully grow, you have to grieve and heal.”

The “I’ve Done Love” singer added: “I’m trying to just be really mindful of that, and not distract myself with this, that and the other. But I do want to start getting back to having some normalcy — even in my new normal. So that’s with you guys, but just thank you, again. It means more to me than you know.”

Shutterstock (2)
Feeling Embarrassed

When the Country Crush actress returned to her “Whine Down” podcast in May 2021, she noted that she wasn’t sure if the podcast was the right thing for her anymore. “You know, I started this show by myself … and once Mike came on as a guest and we talked about our stuff, he said that he loved sharing,” she explained. “And then it just felt like ours, so now it feels weird not having him on here.”

Kramer revealed that she felt “like a zombie” in the weeks that followed their divorce announcement. “I didn’t want this. At the end of the day, like, I think … I’m embarrassed that this is how it ended, and then I also feel like I’ve let people down. … I thought we were good,” she said. “Like, why was I so weak? Why am I pining for these men to love me? … I’m gonna do the work though and … one day, hopefully I’ll be healthy to attract healthy. I can’t even think about [dating] right now. That is, like, the furthest thing in my brain.”

Tinseltown/Shutterstock
Jealous of Future Mrs. Caussin

The “I Got the Boy” singer admitted she had a “lot of resentment” toward her estranged husband in May 2021, one month after announcing their split. “I feel like it’s take, take, take. It’s, like, you already took everything,” she said during an episode of her podcast. “Not everything, but you took my family away from me. That’s where I’m stuck right now … angry.”

Kramer added that her former spouse is “gonna change, so the next girl gets the changed man,” which irks her. “I fear that I’m going to resent him for the rest of my life for breaking up our family,” she said. “I’ve gotten out of the ‘Will he ever change? Did I make the right decision?’ [space]. I know I made the right decision. … I’m never settling, ever again. I’d rather be alone.”

Courtesy of Jana Kramer/Instagram
Coparenting Woes

“There’s a lot of emotions and feelings. I think we’re doing the best we can, but it definitely sucks,” the actress said via her Instagram Story in June 2021 of coparenting with the Virginia native.

One week prior, Kramer told her podcast listeners that she was “not ready” to do family activities with her estranged husband. “The other day he asked me, ‘Hey, do you want to do birdhouses?’” she recalled on her podcast. “I’ve got the kids. He hasn’t moved into his new place, so I let him come and see the kids obviously. I was, like, ‘Uh, yeah sure.’ Then I went out there, and I got struck with this emotion, you know, like, this isn’t real. I’m not ready to do this yet. I would love to have done this, but now I’m like, ‘I’m still mad at [you].'”

Courtesy of Jana Kramer/Instagram
Kid Question

The mother of two told her podcast listeners in June 2021 that she isn’t sure what the future holds for her when it comes to expanding her family. “Maybe if I met The One [I’d have more kids]," Kramer said. “I never thought I would have to have that conversation again. I don’t know. I’ve had miscarriages.”

The Dancing With the Stars alum noted “there was always something happening in my relationship” when she and Caussin found out they were pregnant. “It would be nice to experience it in a healthy and happy way and celebrate it,” she explained. “There was always something behind the scenes that I didn’t know about or I had just found out about, so it would be nice to not have any of that energy and just be like, ‘We’re pregnant!'”

MediaPunch/Shutterstock; Jim Smeal/Shutterstock
Ring Bling

The One Tree Hill alum revealed in June 2021 that she sold her second wedding ring from the former NFL player following their split. “That money from the ring paid for the furniture and the new additions to the house,” she said during her “Whine Down” podcast, noting she also redid most of her house in the wake of the divorce. “I debated. I was like, ‘I’m going to sell this ring and then maybe buy myself something.’ Like a bag. My divorce present. [But] I was like, ‘Honestly, what would make me happiest is to have new energy in the house.’ So, I took that money and gave it to my [interior designers]. I needed to create a new space that felt like me and felt like mine.”

Kramer explained that she previously sold her first wedding ring after Caussin cheated on her in 2016 resulting in a brief split where he sought treatment for sex addiction. The two later renewed their vows in 2017. “It’s the second ring I’ve had to get rid of from him,” she said. “Cause the first ring I was like, ‘I will never put this back on my hand.’ … I took every diamond he ever bought me and I sold them, because I didn’t want to look at them ever again.”

imageSPACE/Shutterstock
Hurt and Hate

“It’s still super hard. It’s still, like, I’m gonna have to deal with him for the rest of my life,” Kramer said on a June 2021 episode of the “Unzipped” podcast of her relationship with Caussin now. “I wish we could just be, like, ‘All right, peace out.’ Like, ‘Great knowing you. You do you.’ [But] we have kids that essentially bind us together and there’s still so much, like, hate and hurt between us.”

The Soccer Mom Madam star continued: “I’m trying my best to, like, lead with love and when he doesn’t do it and I’m, like, ‘Well, wait a minute, like, you don’t get to be mean to me. I didn’t want this.’ So it’s very hard for me not to go to that same place, but I know that he deals with his sadness in his way of more anger.”

The Michigan native also commented on the most “unfair” thing about her divorce. “I did get angry with him because I was just, like, you basically blew our house up. You blew me up and then you leave and you expect me to, like, [be a] mom,” she explained. “I [have] pieces everywhere, like, literally blown-up house. That’s why, you know, the girls came over and were, like, literally making food for my kids, because I was just lost.”

Courtesy of Jana Kramer/Instagram
Romance Rumors

The “Circles” singer set the record straight in June 2021 on where she and Bachelorette alum Graham Bunn stand after previously saying they were in an “entanglement” amid her divorce. “It’s one of those things where … first of all, I don’t even know what [an entanglement] is,” Kramer joked on her podcast. “I just feel like sometimes I need to take a beat before I say something because I would have obviously worded it a lot differently.”

She continued: “I regret that a little bit because the storms of stories that came out really affected me and my anxiety because that’s just not where I’m at. It messed with me and threw me for a loop. But to set the record straight, we are friends, and I’ve known of him for seven years. … I didn’t watch his season of The Bachelorette, I didn’t even know he was on it.”

The musician noted that she reconnected with Bunn following her split and the two have spent time together, but she insisted she’s not ready for a new relationship just yet. “He knows and I know that I just need to be alone,” she explained. “I need to go through what I’m going through and I need to do that alone.”

Shutterstock (2)
Single Mom Status

After receiving backlash for calling herself a “single mom” in June 2021, Kramer doubled down on her mom status via Instagram. “I read a pretty nasty site that people were hating on me because I said I was a single mom so apparently I’m not allowed to say that. But I am single. I am a mom,” she captioned a solo snap at the time. “To further drive my point home, I looked up the definition and it’s a parent who has the kids more than 50%👋🏼.”

She concluded: “[To those] mean trolls you don’t know me, so don’t be mean. Come over for a glass of wine and then judge me all you want after u get to know me and my single momness;),” Kramer continued. “Okay rant over this isn’t relaxing. Choose kindness. Choose love. 😂.”

Courtesy of Jana Kramer/Instagram
Feeling Lighter

The Support the Girls actress opened up about her mindset post-split during a June 2021 Q&A, telling her fans the three things she wants from a relationship moving forward. “Trust, never gonna settle for that one again,” she explained. “Communication and kindness. Just respect. Be nice to each other.”

When asked if things had gotten “easier” since the breakup, Kramer replied that some areas of her life had improved. “What’s easier is not having that, like, heaviness, and just feeling lighter and not always worrying and wondering,” she said. “I’m happier in that aspect, but it’ll always be hard saying bye to the kids, because again, that’s not what I ever imagined or wanted.”

Courtesy of Jana Kramer/Instagram
Coping With the Cheating

The Christmas in Louisiana star got real about how she’s been coping with the “betrayal” of Caussin cheating on her during a separate June 2021 Instagram Q&A. “It’s not easy. It’s hard. That betrayal sits deep in you and there’s a lot of hate and a lot of anger,” she said. “Their actions essentially dictated your dreams, your hopes, your future and that’s painful.” Kramer noted that she is trying to get rid of the pain and anger because it “does nothing but hurt me and cause stress.”

She concluded: “I don’t want to hurt anymore. So, [she asks herself], ‘How am I gonna get up from this? How am I going to regain my happiness?’ Don’t let them or their actions continue to bring you down. You’re worth more.”

Courtesy of Jana Kramer/Instagram
New Chapter

When asked by a fan during the same Q&A what her “favorite” thing about this new chapter is, Kramer responded, “Just doing me. Figuring out what I like and what I don’t like. Kind of rediscovering myself. Creating a new energy, new beginnings.”

Courtesy of Jana Kramer/Instagram
I Do Round 4?

“Yeah, because I still believe in [marriage],” Kramer said in a June 2021 Instagram Q&A. “I don’t think I would have a wedding. I would just elope. Just me, the person, the kids on a beach somewhere with the sunset.” The mother of two, who has been married three times, explained that she only “truly” feels like she’s been married once and it was to Caussin. (Kramer was married to Michael Gambino from 2004 to 2005 before tying the knot again with Johnathon Schaech in 2010. The pair split after 12 days.)

“That was a real marriage … not to defend [the other weddings, but] the first was when I was 19 and it was [by] Elvis, and no one knew until he tried to kill me,” she wrote alongside a photo of herself via her Instagram Story. “And the second was, like, a week. I hardly call any of those a marriage. What I do call a marriage is putting in the time to fight for it and I did that the last time. And one day I believe I’ll end up with the one I’ve always meant to be with. [Someone] to fight for and [who will] respect our marriage.” 

Courtesy Jana Kramer/Instagram
Mixed Feelings

The “Beautiful Lies” singer revealed that she both regrets giving Caussin a second chance and is OK with doing so, saying, “I learned a lot about myself through this. I have two beautiful babies.” Kramer noted during her June 2021 Q&A that “not all second chances end like mine. I still believe a relationship could work again but there has to be two people fighting for themselves and their relationship.”

Broadimage/Shutterstock
In a Better Place

“I have arrived at my happy place:raised_hands::skin-tone-3:,” Kramer captioned a series of photos from her native Michigan in July 2021. “Wasn’t sure how I would feel coming back after everything but it’s a happy place for a reason. No matter what it’s my special place so nothing can take away from that. It’s my breath of fresh air. My escape. Anytime I’m ever anxious I think of this place. And here I am.. feeling light and free. :raised_hands::skin-tone-3::raised_hands::skin-tone-3::raised_hands::skin-tone-3::raised_hands::skin-tone-3:. #michigan #lakelife.”

Courtesy of Jana Kramer/Instagram
Loving Herself

"My issue is that I am drawn to people that will never fully love me because it’s something that I always want and, for some reason, I go to the people that I know, deep down, can never love me the way that I want to be loved," the actress said during the July 4 episode of her podcast. "My battle is I want to show and prove that I'm lovable and worthy enough and try to win that person. That’s my issue."

She added: "If I loved myself enough, I never would have stayed after Mike cheated on me a month into our relationship. Never, because I would have known my worth."

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Missing Mike

During the August 8 episode of her podcast, Kramer admitted that she writes down everything she'd like to say to her ex and it helps her during tough times. "There's times when, of course, I miss my ex. To be able to sit down and go, 'OK, yes, there were good moments here, but would I go back? Here's what I don't miss.' It's like, 'OK, I don't want to go back to that. This is healthier.'"

Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Regrets

During the August 9 episode of Maria Menounos' "Better Together" podcast, Kramer admitted that she sometimes shares too much about her marriage. "There's a lot of things I really regret saying," the actress said. "That's honestly the reason I started talking about the infidelity piece of my marriage because I wanted to change the narrative. I'm like, 'My ex didn't understand,' and I was like, 'People will write about the fact you cheated on me in every article, let's change the narrative,' and be like, 'Hey, but this is how we survived it and how we got through it,' and obviously, we didn't end up [with that] positive tone."

Courtesy of Jana Kramer/Instagram
Carrying the ‘Heavy’ Emotional Weight

During an August 2021 Instagram Story Q&A, Kramer revealed her stance on rebuilding trust after cheating incidents and allegations. 

After one follower asked,  “My husband cheated too, think trusting will get easier??,” the singer replied, “The bottom line is that he has to be consistent with telling the truth because if he continues to lie, if he continues to act out, it most likely wouldn’t work, but, um, if he does the work, you do the work and he’s honest [she gave a thumbs-up to the camera].”

She also further dished on her “hardest” decision to end her marriage to Caussin, calling the emotional weight “heavy to carry.”

Courtesy of Jana Kramer/Instagram
Getting Back Out There

Kramer said she wants to dip her toes back into the dating world. "I do feel like now I'm in a place where I kinda want to get back out there and date, slowly," she said on the August 29 episode of her podcast.

"I'm open to it, knowing that I still have a lot of healing to do," she added. "I'm open to dating and not knowing who my person is and knowing that I don't have to be with someone, that I'm OK alone. ... I need them to check all the boxes."

Broadimage/Shutterstock


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/3gZMXNF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono