Skip to main content

Gene Simmons Tests Positive for COVID-19, Delays KISS Concerts

The novel coronavirus has made its rounds worldwide after first emerging in the Wuhan, Hubei, province in China in December 2019 — and today’s biggest stars are not immune.

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson were among the first high-profile names to test positive for COVID-19. On March 11, 2020, the Academy Award winner shared the symptoms the couple experienced during their time in Australia, where Hanks was working on pre-production for Baz Luhrmann’s Elvis Presley biopic.

“We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches,” the Forrest Gump actor said of he and Wilson. “Rita had some chills that came and went.”

On March 16, 2020, Us Weekly confirmed that Hanks and Wilson were released from the hospital. The pair, who have been married for 30 years, rented a home in Australia before flying back to the U.S.

Nearly a week after Hanks and Wilson’s diagnosis was confirmed, Idris Elba announced that he contracted the virus as well. He revealed via Twitter on Monday that he decided to get tested after learning that an individual he was in contact with tested positive on March 13, 2020.

The day after speaking out, the English actor shared that Hanks’ confession inspired him to speak about his own condition. “I’m really proud of Tom Hanks, who is also someone in the public eye who came out and said they have it and has been public about it,” the Cats actor said in a Twitter livestream video. “I was really motivated by Tom’s move there.”

Scroll down to see all the stars who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus.


Corey Taylor

The Slipknot musician canceled his upcoming appearance at the “Astronomicon” convention in Ann Arbor, Michigan following a positive COVID-19 diagnosis.

“I wish I had better news,” he shared via a video posted on the event’s official Facebook page. “I woke up today and tested positive, and I’m very, very sick. So I’m not gonna be able to make it this weekend. And I am absolutely devastated. I am so sorry. I hope everyone has a good time, and I promise you I will absolutely try to get back there as soon as I can. I should be okay.”

In the video, Taylor acknowledged that he’s vaccinated and “not worried.” He added, “I certainly wouldn’t want to spread it to anyone else. So, everybody be safe out there. And thank you so much. And I will see you again, I promise.”

Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Hilary Duff

The Younger alum confirmed in August 2021 that she had tested positive for the Delta variant of the coronavirus days after she began shooting How I Met Your Father for Hulu.

“That delta... she's a little bitch. Symptoms: bad headache. No taste or smell. Sinus pressure. Brain fog,” she captioned an Instagram Story. "Happy to be vaxxed."

Courtesy of Hilary Duff/Instagram
Melissa Joan Hart

"I am vaccinated and I got COVID, and it's bad," the actress explained in an August 2021 Instagram video. "It's weighing on my chest. It's hard to breathe. One of my kids, I think, has it so far. I'm praying that the other ones are OK. ... I'm just scared and sad and disappointed in myself and some of our leaders. I just wish I'd done better, so I'm asking you guys to do better. Protect your families. Protect your kids."

Courtesy of Melissa Joan Hart/Instagram
Drake

The rapper didn’t reveal when he was diagnosed with coronavirus, but his struggle with the illness affected his hair growth. When a fan commented via Instagram they were “stressed” over the hairstyle in August 2021, Drake explained that he was dealing with a COVID-19 side effect.

“I had Covid that s--t grew in weird I had to start again,” the “Hotline Bling” rapper replied with a laughing emoji. “It’s coming back don’t diss.”

Shutterstock
DJ Khaled

"My family and I have recovered from COVID and we're all good now," an image shared via Instagram in August 2021 read. "God is the greatest! God love us and we love God!"

The DJ shares hares sons Asahd, 4, and Aalam, 18 months, with wife Nicole Tuck, but he didn’t say exactly which family members were diagnosed with coronavirus. He thanked his support system and his doctors, and he shared a message to fans. “Please be safe out there! Please take care of yourself,” he added.

Michele Eve Sandberg/Shutterstock
Reba McEntire and Rex Linn

"It's not fun to get this. I did get it. Rex and I got it and it's not fun," the country singer said via a TikTok video in August 2021. "You don't feel good. We were both vaccinated and we still got it, so stay safe, stay home, and be protected the best you can."

Courtesy Rex Linn/Instagram
Kailyn Lowry

After the 16 and Pregnant alum’s family vacation to the Dominican Republic in August 2021, she and her four children contracted the coronavirus. Lowry’s son Lincoln’s dad, Javi Marroquin, subsequently tested positive.

Courtesy of Kailyn Lowry/Instagram
Catt Sadler

The TV personality announced that she tested positive for COVID-19, despite being fully vaccinated.

“I’m telling you this so that you understand that the pandemic is very much NOT over,” the former E! News anchor shared via Instagram in July 2021. “Delta is relentless and highly contagious and grabbed ahold of me even after getting vaccinated. I was caring for someone who contracted Covid (although at the time we thought it was just the flu) - so I did come into close contact with the virus, but I wore a mask, and again I’m fully vaccinated. I assumed I would be fine. Well I’m not.”

Sadler added that her symptoms include a fever, headache and "serious congestion."

Courtesy of Catt Sadler/Instagram
Kim Kardashian

During a May 2021 episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, the SKIMS founder shared that she secretly battled COVID-19 months prior. She explained that she tested positive after getting it from her son Saint, who originally contracted the virus from someone in his school.

Todd Williamson/Shutterstock
Salma Hayek

The actress revealed in May 2021 that she was diagnosed in the early days of the pandemic and that she chose at the time to keep it a secret.

“My doctor begged me to go to the hospital because it was so bad. I said, ‘No, thank you. I’d rather die at home,’” Hayek told Variety.

The Hitman's Bodyguard star was isolated from her family for seven weeks in another room in their house and was even put on oxygen at one point. Hayek has since returned to work but explained that she still doesn't have all her energy back.

“It was not a lot of time,” she said. “It was easy. It was the perfect job to just get back into it. I had started doing Zooms at one point, but I could only do so many because I would get so tired.”

Broadimage/Shutterstock
Bill Maher

HBO announced that Real Time With Bill Maher won't be taping an episode of the show following the host testing positive for COVID-19.

“Bill tested positive during weekly staff PCR testing for COVID. He is fully vaccinated and as a result is asymptomatic and feels fine,” the network wrote in a statement in May 2021. “Real Time production has taken every precaution following COVID CDC guidelines. No other staff or crew members have tested positive at this time. The show will be rescheduled at a later date.”

Maher thanked his fans that same day for their outpouring of support and reflected on missing his first episode in almost 30 years. 

“Thanks to all wishing me get well - hard to do since I feel perfectly fine, but I appreciate it!” he wrote via Twitter. “Most upset about ending my streak going back to 1993 of never missing a Politically Incorrect or Real Time episode. Oh well, even Cal Ripken had to sit one out at some point.”

Mediapunch/Shutterstock
Jenny Slatten and Sumit Singh

The 90 Day Fiancé couple announced in April 2021 that they tested positive for COVID-19 while living in India. "Thank you all for praying for us," Singh wrote via Instagram. "Thank you all for hoping best for us and for wishing us good health and stay safe. Sorry to inform you all that we both are Covid positive." He added that they're both "doing okay" and "hoping to recover" as soon as possible.

Courtesy of SumitJenny/Instagram
Phillip Sweet

Sweet's bandmates announced on April 15 that he contracted the virus and wouldn't be joining Little Big Town at the 2021 ACM Awards.

"Well, Philly's not feeling good. We might as well break the news, he's got the COVID," Jimi Westbrook revealed during an interview on Audacy. "He seems to be holding off the really bad stuff, just a little not feeling great."

Karen Fairchild added, "Over the hump today, he's hoping. ... He is, unfortunately, so sad and missing out on this whole ACM week. But he'll be back soon."

imageSPACE/Shutterstock
Luke Bryan

The country singer announced in April 2021 that he would miss the first live episode of American Idol season 19 because he had tested positive for COVID-19. "I'm sad to say I won’t be a part of tonight's first live @AmericanIdol show," he tweeted. "I tested positive for COVID but I'm doing well and look forward to being back at it soon." Original Idol panelist Paula Abdul stepped in as a replacement judge for the episode.

Stephen Lovekin/Shutterstock
Benedict Cumberbatch

Benedict Cumberbatch opened up in April 2021 about his fear that he was "patient zero" in bringing the coronavirus to the United States. The actor explained that while shooting a film in South Africa he became “terribly ill with what he believes now was COVID-19."

“I was incredibly ill, to the point that when all this COVID stuff suddenly broke in the new year, I was thinking, ‘Oh my god, was I actually patient zero?’” Cumberbatch revealed.

Erik Pendzich/Shutterstock
Linda Torres

After the Big Ang alum contracted coronavirus, she died at the Staten Island University Hospital in April 2021.

Charles Sykes/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Sarah Palin

Us confirmed in March 2021 that he former governor of Alaska tested positive for COVID alongside some of her family members, including her 12-year-old son Trig. She said in an Instagram Story that the “worst thing” about contracting the virus was, “When you’re not feeling well, don’t you still just want your mom?” Palin detailed her symptoms in a statement to People, revealing that she had “bizarre” feelings like loss of taste and smell, which made her assume “unmistakable COVID caught me” before she tested positive.

"I strongly encourage everyone to use common sense to avoid spreading this and every other virus out there," she said in the statement. "There are more viruses than there are stars in the sky, meaning we'll never avoid every source of illness or danger ... But please be vigilant, don't be frightened, and I advise reprioritizing some personal time and resources to ensure as healthy a lifestyle as you can create so when viruses do hit, you have at least some armor to fight it."

Colin Young-Wolff/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Jessica Simpson

The Open Book author revealed she tested positive for COVID-19 on the same day she sat down to write her new essay, Take the Lead. “This past year has been especially intense for me and so many of you. I started writing this essay on the same day I received a positive test result for COVID-19. I decided instead of being driven by fear, I would manifest a hopeful conversation with you,” Simpson wrote in March 2021 via Instagram. “I felt strong, resilient, and God-inspired through my pen teaching me as I was sharing with you ways to get to the other side of fear.”

Cindy Barrymore/Shutterstock
Karolina Kurkova

The model recalled her coronavirus health scare during an interview with Babe by HATCH in March 2021. “At first, finding out I had COVID while pregnant was unnerving, especially as I didn’t know anybody who had it while they were pregnant,” she explained. “The first night I was a little scared but went into full-on mama-bear mode. I had to stay vital for everyone. I was pregnant with three guys quarantined in our apartment, and no help.” 

The former Victoria’s Secret model noted that she cleaned and cooked every day, making fresh juices to “boost our immunity” all while being sick herself. “Fortunately, none of us had symptoms outside of being a little achy, but it was still intense. We did our best to make it fun [for the kids] and lived upside down for a while because I felt terrible for the kids,” she explained. “The sofa turned into a trampoline, and I had to let go of my love of organization!  Now, as a bonus, it looks like the baby will have antibodies which is such a relief.”

MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Lauren Alaina

The American Idol alum announced via social media on March 20, 2021, that she was canceling a concert after coming down with coronavirus. “I am so sad to say I will not be at the acoustic show in Lexington, Kentucky tonight,” she wrote in a statement. “I tested positive for COVID yesterday. I am quarantining and trying to get better! Please know I can’t wait to be back — when it is safe for all of us.” She ended her message by asking fans to “cheer me up” by sending her videos and photos from the concert, which also features Jon Pardi, Jordan Davis, Travis Denning and Priscilla Block.

MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Michael Sheen and Anna Lundberg

The Prodigal Son actor revealed on March 8, 2021 that he “spent the last few weeks laid low by COVID.” His girlfriend confirmed that both she and the couple’s 17-month-old daughter, Lyra, had been battling the virus as well. “It's been very challenging for all of us but luckily we're all much better now than we were,” the Swedish actress wrote via Instagram. “Thankfully I was lucky to only have relatively mild symptoms, which meant that I could keep focusing on Lyra and Michael.”

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Kim Zolciak and Kroy Biermann

The Real Housewives of Atlanta alum revealed on March 2, 2021, that she and her husband had "tested + for Covid A few days ago," writing via her Instagram Stories that their battle had "been a hell of a ride!"

Kristina Bumphrey/Starpix/Shutterstock
Witney Carson

The Dancing With the Stars pro revealed on February 27, 2021, that she was battling coronavirus when she gave birth to her son, Leo, a month earlier. "So I've debated sharing this or not… but yes we did have Covid when Leo was born," Carson replied to a fan on her Instagram Stories who asked if she had tested positive. "We gave it to my parents on Christmas Eve. They weren't out of quarantine yet & had to meet their grandson for the first time through a window literally broke my heart into pieces," she added along with crying emojis as she shared a video of the moment. 

Xavier Collin/Image Press Agency/MEGA
Trisha Yearwood


"The Queen and I have now tested twice," Yearwood’s husband Garth Brooks wrote in a statement posted on his Facebook page February 24, 2021. "Officially, she’s diagnosed as ‘on her way out of the tunnel’ now, though, which I’m extremely thankful for. … Anyone who knows [Yearwood] knows she's a fighter and she's been doing everything right, so I know we’ll walk out the other side of this thing together.”

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Gwyneth Paltrow

The Oscar winner detailed her quiet coronavirus battle via her Goop website in February 2021. “I had COVID-19 early on, and it left me with some long-tail fatigue and brain fog,” she wrote on the wellness site. “In January, I had some tests done that showed really high levels of inflammation in my body. So I turned to one of the smartest experts I know in this space, the functional medicine practitioner Dr. Will Cole. After he saw all my labs, he explained that this was a case where the road to healing was going to be longer than usual.”

Gregory Pace/Shutterstock
Tiffany Thornton

After going “MIA for a week,” the Sonny With a Chance alum told her Instagram followers on February 14 that she had been hospitalized with COVID-19. “My week has consisted of lots of snot filled tissues, vitamin c, d and zinc, Tylenol for body aches, chills and fever, a z pack for extreme congestion, soup that I can’t taste and a vaporizer/humidifier as my only friend in the quarantined guest room I’ve been hanging out in,” she wrote via Instagram. “Not quite the way I wanted to spend my 35th birthday today but hey, I’m definitely feeling better today than the start of the week so I’ll take it. Happy Valentine’s Day my peeps!”

Courtesy of Tiffany Thornton/Instagram
Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi

The reality star announced on February 14 that she was quarantining away from her family after testing positive. “Happy Valentine’s Day! This ones a bit different.... I have Covid,” she wrote via Instagram. “I’ve been isolated in my room since I found out. My family & I have been super cautious & careful, so this is super scary.” 

Charles Sykes/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Nick Cannon

Variety reported on February 3 that the Masked Singer host tested positive for COVID-19 and would therefore be replaced by Niecy Nash for the first few episodes of season 5 of the Fox series.

Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock
Shawn Johnson

"Got my results back today and they came back positive for COVID,” the Olympic gymnast wrote on her January 30 Instagram Story. “Not going to lie … I’m nervous knowing I’m positive. It's been a long two weeks of RSV (respiratory syncytial virus) with [my daughter], Drew, and now this. My body is exhausted. ... So far, I have a cough, terrible sore throat and headache. Fatigue for sure but that's pregnancy haha. Not looking for any kind of pitty [sic] party. Just a reminder to take care of yourself. Drink an extra water tonight and wash your hands.”

Courtesy of Shawn Johnson/Instagram
Dave Chappelle

The Chappelle Show creator was forced to bow out of a series of shows in Austin, Texas in January after testing positive for COVID-19. His rep confirmed the news in a statement to TMZ, saying, "Dave Chappelle is quarantined after testing positive for COVID-19. His remaining shows at Stubbs Waller Creek Amphitheater in Austin, Texas, have been cancelled and ticket holders should contact their point of purchase for refund."

John Salangsang/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Jon Gosselin

The reality star opened up about his diagnosis during an episode of Dr. Oz on January 14. He got bloodwork done and received a variety of recommended treatments while he stayed in a “packed” emergency room earlier in the year. “My stepdaughter, Jordan, Colleen [Conrad]‘s daughter, took me to the hospital and I had a 104.8 [degree fever]. I was in a wheelchair. I had to wait in the ER. It was packed, like, the hospital was full and then they put me on a gurney and put me in the hallway in the waiting room, so I could get a temporary room,” he revealed at the time. “All of a sudden, I’m getting antibiotics, steroids and a plasma antibody transfusion for COVID. It happened really fast. Then they moved me … up to another room, a more permanent room. Then I just remember sleeping and it was just surreal. Like, ‘What?’ I didn’t even realize why I was there until, like, three days later.”

ZoCo Productions, LLC
Liv Tyler

The actress opened up about her battle in an Instagram post on January 15. “Reunited with my loves … what a wild 2 weeks,” she captioned a pic of herself hugging her kids Sailor, 5, and Lula, 4, while wearing a mask. “I’m such a private and shy person and usually don’t share such things but this is a big one and I feel we all need to share our stories, to share information, to gather facts and awareness and mostly to know we are not alone in this.” Tyler tested positive on New Year’s Eve. “S–t, I had made it all the way through 2020 keeping myself and my family safe. Doing everything I could to protect my wolf pack and follow the rules to protect others,” she continued. “They sent me little messages and drawings under my door. Reminders of what’s on the other side. What to get better for.”

Courtesy Liv Tyler/Instagram
Karl-Anthony Towns

The Minnesota Timberwolves player revealed he tested positive on January 15. “Prior to tonight’s game, I received yet another awful call that I tested positive for COVID. I will immediately isolate and follow every protocol,” he wrote via Instagram. “Continue to take it seriously by taking all of the necessary precautions.” Towns’ mother and six other family members have died from complications related to the coronavirus. “I’ve seen a lot of coffins in the last seven months, eight months,” he told reporters in December 2020. “But I have a lot of people who have — in my family and my mom’s family — who have gotten COVID. I’m the one looking for answers still, trying to find how to keep them healthy. It’s just a lot of responsibility on me to keep my family well informed and to make all the moves necessary to keep them alive.”

Courtesy of Jordyn Woods/Instagram
Andy Murray

The British athlete tested positive for COVID-19 ahead of the Australian Open. The tennis organization revealed the news on Twitter, confirming that he was isolating at home and would not immediately fly Down Under to compete in the Grand Slam championship.

Nick Wass/AP/Shutterstock
Brielle Biermann

"I’ve had COVID (still recovering but I’m doing good today!!) so today is the day I’ve worn makeup,” the Bravo personality wrote on her January 13 Instagram Story. "Still quarantining (in the salon LOL) but have Zoom meetings all day. I’ve been beyond bored for awhile so if anybody has any suggestions on what to watch on Hulu or Netflix, please let me know because I am running out of things to do up here in the salon. Very bored. … I’m gonna test again to see how I’m doing because I think I’ve had it for almost two weeks now."

Courtesy of Brielle Biermann/Instagram
Joy-Anna Duggar and Austin Forsyth

"Yes, Austin and I both tested positive for COVID last year,” the Counting On star wrote via Instagram in January 2021. "I was still pregnant with Evelyn. We both had body aches, slight fever and lost our taste and smell. Thankfully, we recovered quickly!”

Courtesy of TLC’s Counting On
Jessie Cave

After the Harry Potter star tested positive for the coronavirus in December, her son, Tenn, contracted COVID and stayed in the hospital for a few days. When the infant returned home, the actress told Lorraine Kelly on January 12 that her boyfriend, Alfie Brown, was battling COVID after a "weird delay" and was "doing OK."

Courtesy of Jessie Cave/Instagram; Inset: Courtesy of Alfie Brown/Instagram
Grimes

The singer revealed on January 9 that she was diagnosed with coronavirus. "Finally got COVID but weirdly enjoying the Dayquil fever dream 2021," Grimes wrote on her Instagram Story as she shared the cover photo of SZA's "Good Days."

Xavier Collin/Image Press Agency/MEGA
Alex Morgan

“Unfortunately, my family and I closed out 2020 learning that we had contracted Covid while in California over the holidays,” the U.S. women’s national soccer team player tweeted on January 5. “We are all in good spirits and recovering well. My body is fully recovered, and I can join my teammates back on the field soon. Be safe and happy new year.”

Courtesy Alex Morgan/Instagram
Larry King

The veteran talk show host was hospitalized in Los Angeles as he battled coronavirus, multiple outlets reported on January 2.

Milla Cochran/Startraks
Chloe Bennet

The Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. star revealed on December 31 that she tested positive for the virus after waking up with a high fever on Christmas morning. “It’s been a rough week to say the least,” she wrote on her Instagram Stories, noting that “multiple members of [her] family are also infected.” Bennet told fans that she “always wore a mask, social distanced, and took all the necessary precautions” but still got sick, adding, “If it can happen to me it can happen to you.”

 

Andrew H. Walker/Shutterstock
Ryan Fitzpatrick

The Miami Dolphins quarterback tested positive for COVID-19 on December 31, one day after practicing with his team. “It hurts. He’s a leader on our team. He brings energy,” safety Eric Rowe later told reporters.

AP/Shutterstock
Angela Kinsey

After telling her Instagram followers on December 24 that her stepsons, Cade and Jack, had tested positive for COVID-19, the Office alum, her husband, Joshua Snyder, and their daughter, Isabel, were also diagnosed with the virus. “I knew the odds were against me since I was living with 4 Covid positive people. I really tried to quarantine and not get it,” Kinsey wrote via Instagram on December 29.

Courtesy Angela Kinsey/Instagram
Dr. Drew Pinsky

"Cheers to the New Year with some Hydralyte for Covid-19. Drew tested positve [SIC] day 4 and @firstladyoflove is negative," the TV star wrote via Instagram in December 2020, captioning a photo of himself and wife Susan Sailer Pinsky. "#2020 #covid19 #youlive. Drew is home, under survelliance [SIC] and fever is down. Thanks Dr. Zelenko, Dr. Yo and Dr. Jeff for the superior care and advice. Drew is feeling better and will hppefully [SIC] get well soon."

Courtesy of Instagram/Dr. Drew
Shemar Moore

The S.W.A.T. star revealed on December 23 that he tested positive for COVID-19 after thinking he had a bad case of food poisoning. “[I] had chills and aches all day today … still can smell, taste, no cough, no runny nose,” he wrote via Instagram. “I have to accept test results … I feel fine now … but I have to be responsible!!!!” The Criminal Minds alum noted that his Christmas and New Year’s celebrations are “clearly not gonna be the best,” before explaining, “My last year and a half has not be the best … but I WILL BE OKAY!!!” He concluded: “This is a hard time for ALL OF US … the WORLD!!! But … I BELIEVE in the sun shining through the rain!!! Stay safe and appreciate everything and everybody you have and had!! MUCH LOVE!!!!”

Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock
Kaitlyn Bristowe and Jason Tartick

The Bachelor Nation couple announced they had tested positive on December 24. "Jason and I had been trying to quarantine before seeing family. We thought we were making a responsible decision to have ONE person over, who had been tested daily for work. Negative tests 4 days in a row. The day we saw her, she became positive which we all found out the next day. Now, like many, we will spend Christmas by ourselves," Bristowe wrote via Instagram. "We just want to let everyone know that we thought we were being safe, but covid is bigger than us. Today, We are thinking of everyone who is spending the holidays alone, anyone who is sick or overcoming something, (as 2020 has taught us to overcome a lot), and all of the healthcare workers who have been away from family, taking care of others for months, and months now. We will be ok!! Be safe and happy holidays!!"

AFF-USA/Shutterstock
Sam Asghari

"2020 has been a crazy/twisted year for all of us. Recently I tested positive for Covid-19, I was lucky enough to catch the news before being around and infecting my loved ones (friends, family, significant other). I quickly isolated myself and started my quarantine process alone," Britney Spears' personal trainer boyfriend revealed via Instagram on December 23. "This is where my healthy lifestyle helped a lot, I only had 1 day of common cold symptoms day 2 after testing positive but 24 hours later I was perfectly normal. I continued my workouts and clean nutrition at home as usual. 10 days later I was no longer contagious, and tested negative twice and was cleared by doctors to end quarantine and return to my loved ones."

MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Sharon Osbourne

"I wanted to share that I’ve tested positive for COVID-19,” the Talk cohost announced via Instagram on December 14. “After a brief hospitalization, I’m now recuperating at a location away from [my husband], Ozzy [Osbourne], (who has tested negative) while The Talk is on a scheduled hiatus.”

Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock
Ashanti

The singer revealed on December 12 that she had been diagnosed with coronavirus hours before her Verzuz battle with Keyshia Cole was set to take place. "Hey y'all I can't believe I'm saying this but I tested positive for COVID-19," she wrote. "I'm ok and not in any pain. I'm actually down to do the verzuz from my house… we're trying to figure it out!!!" The webcast series later announced in an Instagram post that the event had been postponed and rescheduled for January 9, 2021.

Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock
Dorit Kemsley

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star confirmed via her Instagram Story on December 10 that she tested positive. "After a long, grueling, two weeks (due to COVID), the kids and I were able to spend the first night of Hannukah together, and I couldn't be more grateful," she captioned a pic with her children, Phoenix and Jagger.

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Craig Conover and Austen Kroll

The Southern Charm stars revealed that they tested positive during the December 10 episode of the Bravo series. "Craig and I thought we were invincible," Kroll said on the show. "It's really weird to be a part of a statistic. Like, s--t, I am one of them."

 

Stewart Cook/Shutterstock
Carrie Ann Inaba

The Talk cohost missed the December 10 episode of the talk show after testing positive for COVID-19. After her fellow costars announced her positive diagnosis, she confirmed the news on Instagram, saying, “I’m home with some symptoms and will be sequestering as per the CDC guidelines, resting and taking care of myself.” She asked everyone to “stay vigilant” amid the holidays, noting that despite strict protocols at work “it still found its way to me.” Inaba also noted that she has a “fever and bad cough and lots of aches and pains” as a result of the illness.

ABC/Kelsey McNeal
Sevyn Streeter

The singer revealed via Instagram that she tested positive in December 2020. "I'm all good but will be isolating for a little bit to protect those around me," she wrote at the time, noting that she's hoping to still finish her upcoming album in time for a 2021 release. "Trust me, I'm doing everything I can. ... I have to make sure I'm being safe first."

Broadimage/Shutterstock
Ellen DeGeneres

The Ellen DeGeneres Show host announced on December 10 that she tested positive for COVID-19. “Fortunately, I am feeling fine right now,” she shared via social media. “Anyone who has been in close contact with me has been notified and I am following all proper CDC guidelines.” The comedian added that she will see her fans again “after the holidays” and reminded everyone to “please stay healthy and safe.”

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Kristen Stewart

The Twilight star contracted the virus while filming the Christmas movie Happiest Season in Pittsburgh in February. "COVID was on our set. Kristen got sick, but we didn't know," her costar Aubrey Plaza revealed on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert on December 4.

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Kyle Richards

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star announced on December 5 that she and her daughter Sophia tested positive for COVID after production was suspended on the Bravo show.

"I love these people so much ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Some of you may have heard I have COVID. I got it after these photos were taken," Richards captioned a family Christmas portrait. "Since I was diagnosed I have been separated from my family in order to keep them healthy. Unfortunately, Sophia also got it. We will stay in isolation until it's safe to see the family and others again. I can't wait to hug them.

John Tsiavis/Bravo
JoJo Siwa

"I did end up getting it, the big, dreaded COVID-19. It got through my whole family," Siwa told Entertainment Tonight in December 2020, sharing that she was diagnosed after her brother, Jayden Siwa, and parents found out they were infected. "We had headaches, we were tired, we had shortness of breath, we had all the things. All my family actually lost their taste and smell, but all have it back. But I never did. ... Everyone who gets this virus, it's gonna affect them differently. We were all, like, three days apart."

RHTY/starmaxinc.com/Shutterstock
Gloria Estefan

The singer revealed on December 1 that she battled COVID-19 in November after coming in contact with a maskless fan at a restaurant in October. “I just wanted to share with you the fact that I was in quarantine and the one day I went out and met with one person that was not wearing a mask — I even held my breath, quite honestly, through their talk — something must have happened,” she explained in an Instagram video, noting that her only symptoms were “the loss of smell and taste and a little bit of a cough.” 

Evan Falk/Shutterstock
Rosie Perez

Perez contracted the coronavirus in December 2019, while filming HBO Max's The Flight Attendant in Thailand. “We had two and a half more episodes to do. We got shut down in the middle of episode six. I had told everybody, ‘We’re going to get shut down,'" Perez told Uproxx in an interview in November 2020. "I had contracted COVID when we flew to Bangkok. And at that time, they were saying it’s a new respiratory tract infection. It’s a virus that’s going around. We don’t really know what it is and what it does, but it attacks the respiratory system first and then travels to other parts of your body."

She also recalled telling her manager, "Don't let me die in Bangkok," and he responded by telling her how scared she was making him. "The head of the ICU says, ‘You should be scared, sir. This is serious. We’re going to have to put her in a separate room.’ Because it was new. [This] was in December," Perez added. "I remember the doctor saying to me, ‘The mask that you have on, the mask that I have on, every time you go outside, every time you meet someone wear that mask — not just for you, but to protect them too.’ And I haven’t forgotten it. But anyway, we got shut down and it was tough because it was a good gig for a lot of hard-working people."

Erik Pendzich/Shutterstock
Arie Luyendyk Jr.

The former Bachelor revealed his diagnosis on November 26 as he celebrated a socially-distant Thanksgiving with wife Lauren Burnham and their daughter, Alessi. "I actually tested positive for COVID ... like, nine days ago. Tomorrow I get to go in and see if I'm all clear. It's been rough, I've gotta say. It's not been easy," he said in an Instagram Story. The following day, he shared his testing experience with his social media followers.

Courtesy of Arie Luyendyk Jr/Instagram
Bad Bunny

After missing the 2020 American Music Awards without explanation, the reggaeton singer announced on November 23 that he had tested positive for the coronavirus.

imageSPACE/Shutterstock
Donald Trump Jr.

A spokesperson for President Donald Trump’s eldest son confirmed to Bloomberg on November 20 that the businessman tested positive for COVID-19. He began isolating four days prior and was asymptomatic.

Gregory Pace/Shutterstock
Nev Schulman

The Catfish host revealed on November 17 that both he and his wife, Laura Perlogno, battled COVID-19 in March and have since made a “full recovery.” He detailed the experience on Instagram saying that “for over three weeks, my constant fatigue, headaches and difficulty breathing was awful and the stress of wondering if my symptoms would worsen was horrifying.” He added: “With all the fear, uncertainty, and unrest that has followed it’s been a roller coaster of emotions for all of us.”

MJ Photos/Shutterstock
Ben Platt

The Dear Evan Hansen star revealed via Twitter on November 15 that he contracted COVID-19 in March. "It was like an awful flu that lingered for 3 weeks or so. Thankfully made a full recovery. So many haven't been as lucky and will continue not to be," the Tony winner wrote. As fans sent him their well-wishes, Platt reassured them that he was feeling healthy. "I'm totally fine now you sweet bb's keep distancing and masking!" he tweeted.

MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Meghan King

The Real Housewives of Orange County alum revealed her diagnosis on November 15. “I tested positive for Covid,” she wrote via her Instagram Story. “I have been safe while traveling but I had an exchange on Tuesday where I did not protect myself and this is when I had to have been infected. I have been safe with distancing and masks since Tuesday including when I went to dinner solo and stayed distant and wore a mask at Hayes’s soccer. My kids have been at their father’s but Hayes will quarantine due to brief (1 hour) proximity to me. I have contacted everyone and will isolate for 10 days minimum per CDC guidelines. My children will have to stay with my parents as they cannot stay at my house while I’m sick.” 

AFF-USA/Shutterstock
Larsa Pippen

On November 13, the Real Housewives of Miami alum revealed in a since-deleted Instagram Story that she had been experiencing symptoms of the novel virus for roughly a week. Pippen's rep later confirmed the news, telling Us, "She's been battling it for a week with a hard time breathing. She's had horrible body aches. We're hoping she starts feeling better soon."

Broadimage/Shutterstock
Charlie Hunnam

The Sons of Anarchy alum revealed during an interview with Jimmy Kimmel on November 6 that he'd tested positive for coronavirus "earlier this year." He explained that his case "wasn't particularly acute" but he lost his sense of taste and smell "for about 10 days and had a little bit of fatigue." Hunnam said he knew something "wasn't quite right" when he was grinding coffee beans in the morning "and realized I couldn't smell at all." His girlfriend, Morgana McNelis, couldn't taste the coffee either. Since it was early in the pandemic, loss of taste hadn't been revealed as a COVID symptom, so the British star thought he and his girlfriend were "simultaneously having a stroke." During his interview, the Jungleland star said he was feeling sick, with a fever, dry cough and fatigue and was concerned "it could be COVID" again. He added that he hadn't left the house "in six months" apart from taking his new cat to the vet. The feline was also diagnosed with coronavirus.

Magnus Sundholm/Shutterstock
Justin Turner

The Los Angeles Dodgers third baseman tested positive in the middle of Game 6 of the 2020 World Series on October 27. After his team clinched the title, Turner joined them in celebrating on the field and came under fire for removing his face mask. “I feel great, no symptoms at all. Just experienced every emotion you can possibly imagine,” he later tweeted.

JOHN G MABANGLO/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock
Stephen Amell

The Arrow alum revealed on the October 27 episode of the “Inside of You” podcast that he contracted the coronavirus in the middle of production for his Starz show Heels. “When I got the positive test, for me it became, ‘Holy f--k. I just destroyed this show because I’m No. 1 on the call sheet, and I work every day more or less,’” he said. “I’m in my head going, ‘S--t, they’re going to have to shut down the production. We’re not yet done with the first block of two episodes. Did I just ruin this?’”

Broadimage/Shutterstock
Cristiano Ronaldo

On October 13, the Portuguese Soccer Federation confirmed that the pro athlete is "doing well, without symptoms and in isolation" after testing positive for the novel disease. Ronaldo, who was set to take the field against Sweden the following day, was released from the team's training facility out of an abundance of caution. "Following the positive case, the remaining players underwent new tests this Tuesday morning, all with a negative result," the federation said in a statement.

Frank Augstein/AP/Shutterstock
Trey Songz

The “Bottoms Up” crooner revealed his coronavirus diagnosis via Instagram on October 5. “I’ve taken many tests as I’ve been out protesting, food drives, of course I have a very young son at home, so I get tested periodically and, this time, unfortunately it came back positive,” Songz said in a video. “I will be taking it seriously, I will be self-quarantining. I will be in my house until I see a negative sign.”

Courtesy Trey Songz/Instagram
Kanye West

The Yeezy designer’s wife, Kim Kardashian, disclosed his COVID-19 battle in Grazia USA on October 6. “Kanye had it way at the beginning, when nobody really knew what was going on,” the businesswoman told the publication. “It was so scary and unknown.”

 

Kardashian also explained how she nursed West back to health, adding: “I had to go and change his sheets and help him get out of bed when he wasn’t feeling good. It was a challenge because it was so unknown. Changing his sheets with gloves and a face shield was really a scary time.”

Evan Agostini/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Cam Newton

The New England Patriots quarterback tested positive for coronavirus, ESPN reported on October 3. "Late last night, we received notice that a Patriots player tested positive for COVID-19," the team said in a statement on Twitter. "The player immediately entered self-quarantine. Several additional players, coaches and staff who have been in close contact with the player received point of care tests this morning and all were negative for COVID-19."

Broadimage/Shutterstock
Kellyanne Conway

"Tonight I tested positive for COVID-19," the former White House advisor tweeted on October 2. "My symptoms are mild (light cough) and I'm feeling fine. I have begun a quarantine process in consultation with physicians. As always, my heart is with everyone affected by this global pandemic."

Shutterstock
Donald Trump and Melania Trump

“Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19,” the president tweeted on October 2 after downplaying the virus for months. “We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!”

Andrew Harnik/AP/Shutterstock
Jim Parsons

During an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Parsons revealed that both he and his husband, Todd Spiewak, recovered from their coronavirus battles. “We had it. Todd and I both had it early on. It was, like, middle of March,” he told Jimmy Fallon on September 28. “We didn’t know what it was. We thought we had colds, and then it seemed less likely, and then, finally, we lost our sense of smell and taste.”

The Big Bang Theory alum added, “It defied the descriptions for me. I didn’t realize how, completely, taste and smell could be gone. And when you're in quarantine, and there is really nothing to do but eat — Oh, my God. That was brutal.”

imageSPACE/Shutterstock
Brandi Maxiell

“My sister has been diagnosed with a severe case of COVID-19 and was hospitalized Thursday night after having trouble breathing,” the Basketball Wives star's sister, Jayde, told The Shade Room on September 26. “We would like to ask everyone to please keep her in your prayers as she continues to fight through this. We love you all and please stay safe!”

Instagram/Brandi Maxiell
Giuliana Rancic

The entertainment reporter revealed on September 20 that she wouldn’t be hosting the Emmys red carpet, explaining, "As part of E! and NBCUniversal's very strict testing guidelines, especially before an event like this, I did find out that I tested positive for COVID-19. Now as much as I didn't want to hear that, I'm very thankful I heard it before I traveled and possibly could have exposed other people. So for that, I'm thankful."

David Fisher/Shutterstock
Vivica A. Fox

“I am terribly sorry I cannot be with my E! family tonight,” the Empire alum announced in a September 20 statement ahead of the Emmys red carpet. “Unfortunately, I have tested positive for the coronavirus, so in an abundance of caution, I am isolating myself at home. During these unprecedented times, it’s more important than ever that we follow all safety and health rules and guidelines to protect ourselves and each other."

Stewart Cook/Shutterstock
Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka

The couple and their twins "have antibodies and are feeling good" after suffering from the coronavirus "very early" in the pandemic, the How I Met Your Mother alum said on the Today show in September 2020. "We want to make sure everyone's doing their best to slow this down every way possible."

Courtesy of Neil Patrick Harris/Instagram
Jillian Michaels

The former Biggest Loser trainer detailed her experience with COVID-19, which she didn’t realize she had for six days, during an interview with Fox Business on September 8. “If you are afraid of COVID, you should not go to the gym,” Michaels explained while revealing she had contracted the virus earlier in the year. “And I actually am a person who let my guard down. I haven’t even spoken about this publicly, really, and a very close friend of mine gave me COVID several weeks ago.”

The Los Angeles native explained that she “was able to get on the other side of it pretty quick” but noted that not everybody “is that lucky, as we know.” Michaels urged her fans to stay away from gyms during the pandemic adding that “I literally let my guard down for an hour with one of my best friends who does my hair and makeup and got it. It’s just that simple.”

Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Tiffany Haddish

The comedian revealed during a conversation with Dr. Anthony Fauci on August 31 that she had tested positive for COVID-19. "I was working on a movie and someone in the movie contracted coronavirus," the 40-year-old told the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. "I was not in direct contact with them, but they sent all of us home, we stopped the movie. They suggested I go get tested."

Haddish said she initially tested negative, but a second test revealed that she "did have the coronavirus." Although she didn't have any symptoms, the Like a Boss actress said she quarantined with her dogs until she tested negative. "I've been tested 12 times now because I've been working and everything," she said.

Shutterstock
Michael Rooker

The Guardians of the Galaxy actor revealed on September 4 that he'd been battling coronavirus. "If y'all aint figured it out by now why I've been isolating in this crazy awesome Airstream of mine, let me help y'all out by saying I've been fighting off COVID-19. and I have to let y'all know it has been quite a battle. And as in any war, ALL is fair," the 65-year-old wrote in a Facebook post as he shared a negative test result. "And IN the middle of this epic battle I've come to the conclusion that there aint a whole heck of a lot one can do externally, to fight off COVID-19 once it has gotten into your body. This is my personal opinion, definitely not the conclusion of some scientific study. The real battle takes place internally, on a cellular level."

The Walking Dead alum wrote that he "made the decision not to take any extra medicines or vitamins or supplements."

"I felt that if my immune system was not already prepared for this battle loading up with all this extra stuff would only do me damage as kidneys and liver would have been gravely stressed," he continued. "In the process of fighting off COVID-19, I could feel and see the results of those daily battles, by how I felt and looked the next day. I was either feeling like crap, or pretty dang good, semi human in fact. So, just so y'all know the end result of all those daily battles has come to an end. My body has won the WAR! Covid put up a pretty good fight... but bottom line, it ended up getting its ass knocked out! buy [sic] my immune system. 1,2, punch to the head, 2 body shots and a left hook right upper-cut combination. End of story..... Rooker out........"

Shutterstock
Robert Pattinson

After Warner Bros. announced on September 3 that production on The Batman had been "temporarily paused," Vanity Fair and The New York Times reported that the Twilight star tested positive for the coronavirus.

Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures/DC Comics
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Family

The Jumanji: The Next Level actor shared an Instagram video with his fans on September 2 and revealed that he and his wife, Lauren Hashian, and their two daughters, all tested positive for COVID-19. "I wish it was only me who tested positive, but it wasn't, it was my entire family, so this one was a real kick in the gut,” he said in the 11-minute video. “But I am happy to tell you guys that we as a family are good. We're on the other end of it, we're on the other side. We're no longer contagious, and we are, thank God, we are healthy."

Eric Charbonneau/Shutterstock
Kevin Hart

The actor revealed at Dave Chapelle’s comedy show in Yellow Springs, Ohio, on August 22 that he tested positive for the coronavirus at the beginning of the pandemic. “The problem is that I had it around the same time as Tom Hanks, and I couldn’t say anything because he’s more famous than I am,” he joked.

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
J Balvin

While virtually accepting an award at the 2020 Premios Juventud on August 13, the Colombian singer told viewers that he was “getting better” after battling the coronavirus. “These have been very difficult days, very complicated. Sometimes we won’t think that we’ll get it, but I got it, and I got it bad,” he said.

Christopher Polk/Variety/Shutterstock
Antonio Banderas

The actor shared that he had coronavirus via social media on August, 10, which was also his 60th birthday. "I am forced to celebrate my 60th birthday following quarantine after having tested positive for the COVID-19 disease, caused by the coronavirus," he wrote. "I would like to add that I am relatively OK, just a little more tired than usual and confident to recover as soon as possible following the medical indications that I hope will allow me to overcome the infectious process that I suffer and that people is affecting around the planet."

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Alyssa Milano

The Who's the Boss alum shared on August 5 that she tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies despite testing negative for the illness twice in March. "I just want you to be aware that our testing system is flawed and we don’t know the real numbers," Milano wrote via Instagram. "I also want you to know, this illness is not a hoax. I thought I was dying. It felt like I was dying. I will be donating my plasma with hopes that I might save a life."

Courtesy of Alyssa Milano/Instagram
Lena Dunham

The Girls alum revealed that she contracted the virus mid-March in a lengthy message, which she posted on July 31. She experienced symptoms for 21 days, but didn’t “freak out” at first because she’s used to dealing with chronic pain. “Suddenly my body simply … revolted,” she explained. “The nerves in my feet burned and muscles wouldn’t seem to do their job. My hands were numb. I couldn’t tolerate loud noises. I couldn’t sleep but I couldn’t wake up. I lost my sense of taste and smell. A hacking cough, like a metronome keeping time. Inability to breathe after simple tasks like getting a glass of water. Random red rashes. A pounding headache right between my eyes. It felt like I was a complex machine that had been unplugged and then had my wires rerouted into the wrong inputs.” The Girls alum, who wasn’t hospitalized for the virus, added: “To be clear, I did NOT have these particular issues before I got sick with this virus and doctors don’t yet know enough about COVID-19 to be able to tell me why exactly my body responded this way or what my recovery will look like.”

Courtesy of Lena Dunham/Instagram
Bryan Cranston

The Breaking Bad alum shared on July 30 that he had COVID-19. “I was pretty strict in adhering to the protocols and still... I contracted the virus. Yep,” the actor captioned an Instagram video of himself donating plasma. “It sounds daunting now that over 150,000 Americans are dead because of it. I was one of the lucky ones. Mild symptoms. I count my blessings and urge you to keep wearing the damn mask, keep washing your hands, and stay socially distant. We can prevail - but ONLY if we follow the rules together.”

 

Paul Zimmerman/Shutterstock
Shannon Beador

On July 24, the Real Housewives of Orange County star revealed via Instagram that she and her three daughters contracted the virus. She shared the news by posting a photo of the bunch pre-pandemic. “Today, we are Covid positive times 4,” she wrote. “The girls and I are blessed to be quarantining in the same home (but isolating in separate rooms). A huge thank you to all of the medical personnel that have been patiently guiding us through this illness. Sending prayers to all of those affected. 🙏🏻❤️ .”

Broadimage/Shutterstock
Mel Gibson

Gibson’s rep announced on July 23 that the Oscar winner “tested positive in April and spent a week in the hospital.” He has since made a full recovery and tested “positive for the antibodies.”

Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Anna Camp

The Pitch Perfect actress revealed on July 21 via Instagram that she had been sick with the coronavirus for three weeks earlier in the year after failing to wear a face covering one time. “I’m lucky. Because I didn’t die. But people are. Please wear ur mask,” she explained. “It can happen any time. And it can happen to anyone. Even that one time you feel safe. We can all make a difference. Wearing a mask is saving lives.” Camp noted that she has since tested negative, but is still suffering from lingering side effects.

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Shereé Whitfield

“I tested positive for COVID-19, so I’ve kind of really been at home self-quarantining for the past week and a half,” the Real Housewives of Atlanta star told her fans via Instagram on July 14. She revealed that the illness is “no joke,” before noting that she’s feeling a lot better. “I have been out of it,” she said, explaining that she’ll check back in later to share what her symptoms have been. “Thank you guys and take care and be safe,” Whitfield concluded.

Mark Hill/Bravo/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
Russell Westbrook

Houston Rockets star Russell Westbrook revealed on July 13 that he has coronavirus. "I tested positive for Covid-19 prior to my team's departure to Orlando," he shared via a statement on Twitter. "I'm currently feeling well, quarantined, and looking forward to rejoining my teammates when I am cleared. Thank you all for the well wishes and continued support. Please take the virus seriously. Be safe. Mask up. #whynot"

Gregory Pace/Shutterstock
Shanna Moakler

The model shared her positive diagnosis with her Instagram followers on July 2, one day after getting her results back. "I've had different symptoms from fever, chills, coughing," the former Playmate explained in her Instagram Story video, noting the doctors think she’s “around day 7.” Moakler revealed she cried when she found out she was positive for the virus. "It's definitely very real,” she told Entertainment Tonight at the time. “I would stay home as much as possible. I would wear a mask at any point in time you have to leave the house. Continue to wash your hands and be diligent about protecting yourself.”

Mediapunch/Shutterstock
Ramona Singer

The Real Housewives of New York star revealed on July 1 that she and her daughter, Avery, both tested positive for coronavirus antibodies. “We all got tested. Avery and I both tested positive, but Mario was negative,” she told People. “We are all so lucky that we have our health.”

Gregory Pace/Shutterstock
Novak Djokovic

The professional tennis player confirmed on June 23 that he tested positive for the novel virus after organizing an exhibition tournament in Europe. "Unfortunately, this virus is still present, and it is a new reality that we are still learning to cope and live with. I am hoping things will ease with time so we can all resume lives the way they were," he wrote in a statement on his website. "I am extremely sorry for each individual case of infection. I hope that it will not complicate anyone’s health situation and that everyone will be fine."

Zvonko Kucelin/AP/Shutterstock
Laine Hardy

"This wasn't what I expected on the first day of summer," the American Idol winner teased in a Facebook post on June 21. "My doctor confirmed I have Coronavirus, but my symptoms are mild and I'm home recovering in quarantine. Y'all stay safe & healthy!" Before confirming his diagnosis, Hardy performed more than 15 concerts from home as part of his Ground I Grew Up On virtual tour.

imageSPACE/Shutterstock
D.L. Hughley

The comedian announced on June 20 that he tested positive for COVID-19 one day after he collapsed on stage during a stand-up show in Nashville, Tennessee. "I was what they call asymptomatic," he explained in a video posted via Twitter. "I didn't have flu-like symptoms, I didn't have shortness of breath, I didn't have difficulty breathing, I didn't have a cough, I didn't have a low-grade fever. I still don't have a fever. I didn't have a loss of smell or taste, apparently, I just lost consciousness."

Shutterstock


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/2QqnH5K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono