Skip to main content

A Timeline of Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Private Relationship

Cameron Diaz has dated celebrities including Justin Timberlake and Alex Rodriguez, but never thought she’d get married until she started dating her now-husband, Benji Madden, in May 2014.

“[Marriage] was the biggest thing I’ve done in my 40s, and it opened me up in different ways,” Diaz told Harper’s Bazaar in May 2016, 16 months after she and the rockstar tied the knot. “It’s pretty awesome. I didn’t think it was something I’d do, and I don’t know if I’d have done it if I hadn’t met my husband. It was a surprise.”

While the duo’s relationship was unexpected, they quickly became one of Hollywood’s strongest couples. “One of my favorite things about being married, is how much pride I take in my husband @benjaminmadden… ,” the Other Woman actress captioned a June 2016 Instagram picture of Madden performing on stage with his band, Good Charlotte. “He makes me proud everyday [sic].”

The “Anthem” singer, for his part, likes to keep his marriage private, but did gush about the California native for her 46th birthday in August 2018. Madden noted in a sweet Instagram tribute: “So many things that make me so proud of you and how special you are. Thank you for being the best friend and partner to me and taking this journey of Marriage.”

He continued, “The way you live your life everyday, and your compassion for the world shines thru in your eyes and you inspire me to want to be the best man I can be in this lifetime. You’re the realest. I’m so grateful to be yours Always&Forever, and to call you my One&Only. True Love.”

In December 2019, the pair welcomed their first child, daughter Raddix. “I love being a mother,” Diaz told makeup artist Gucci Westman during an April 2020 episode of the latter’s YouTube series. “It’s the best, best, best part of my life. I’m so grateful and so happy and it’s the best thing ever, and I’m so lucky to do it with Benj and we’re having the best time. I’m thrilled. I can’t believe it.”

She also gave a rare glimpse at what the rocker is like as a dad. “He’s such an amazing father,” she shared. “I’m so lucky he’s my baby’s father. He’s incredible. He puts her down and I go into the kitchen and I pour myself a nice glass of red wine. I start my cooking, I put on my show, whatever it is.”

Keep scrolling for a look back at the pair’s sweetest moments:


The Romance Begins

Us Weekly broke the news in May 2014 that Diaz and Madden were dating. A source revealed at the time that the musician’s sister-in-law Nicole Richie introduced the pair, which she confirmed on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen in July 2014. She quipped: “I'm going to take responsibility for everything!”

Getty Images (2)
Lucky in Love

A month after the news of his romance with Diaz broke, the Good Charlotte member told Australian radio station Nova FM that he and his twin brother, Joel Madden, are “lucky guys” to be in committed relationships. (Joel has been married to Richie since December 2010.)

Getty Images (2)
Engaged!

Multiple sources confirmed to Us in December 2014 that the Charlie’s Angels actress and the rocker were engaged after seven months together. A source told Us at the time, “Everyone thinks it's wild but are so happy for them. Benji always tends to fall in love easily, but this time it's for real and he landed a great girl. They obviously both make each other incredibly happy and there's nothing better than that.”

Noel Vasquez/GC Images
They Do!

Benji and Diaz tied the knot at the Annie star’s home in Beverly Hills in early January 2015. Celebrity guests included Benji's twin, the Great News actress, Gwyneth Paltrow, Samantha Ronson and Robin Antin.

GVK/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images
Keeping It Real

Diaz loves her husband, but that doesn’t mean marriage is without its difficulties. "I learned all these things about myself that I wish I never learned about myself and I wouldn’t have known them if I didn’t get married," she told Ellen DeGeneres in May 2016. "So, it’s like this double-edged sword. But I’m just so grateful for it because I couldn’t do it without my husband and I couldn’t do it with anybody else except for him."

Warner Bros.
Hoping to Expand Their Brood

A source told Us in January 2018 that Benji and Diaz “would love to have a baby,” but they have faced problems conceiving. The insider revealed that they tried procedures such as acupuncture and IVF, but still haven’t been able to get pregnant. “It’s been a long, hard struggle with many ups and downs,” the source explained. “Cameron would love more than anything to be a mom.”

BG008/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images
Baby Makes Three!

In January 2020, the couple revealed on Instagram that they are proud parents of a baby girl. "We are so happy, blessed and grateful to begin this new decade by announcing the birth of our daughter, Raddix Madden. She has instantly captured our hearts and completed our family," the post shared by both Diaz and Madden read. The duo asked for privacy and while they will not be sharing photos of Raddix, they did add, "She is really really cute!! Some would even say RAD."

MEGA
Wildly in Love

Us reported in January 2020 that Diaz and Madden’s baby girl’s full name is Raddix Chloe Wildflower Madden. The proud parents welcomed their “miracle” baby on December 30, 2019, at Cedar’s Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

MEGA
Mother on the Move

Diaz was spotted out and about for the first time since welcoming her little one on January 16, 2020. The retired actress was pictured in a comfy, cute outfit while leaving a friend’s home in Los Angeles.

MEGA
Head Over Heels

Madden gushed over his wife and daughter via Instagram on February 21, 2020. "My Wife and Daughter fill me up with so much gratitude," he wrote. "Everyday, I feel so lucky. Just wanted to say it out loud!!! Much Love & Best Wishes."

Shutterstock (2)
Dream Hubby

Diaz said she was blown away by Madden's parenting skills during an Instagram Live video on April 14, 2020. “I drink every night [as] my wind-down for the day … after we’ve done bath time with our baby and put her down to sleep. Benji puts her to bed,” she said.“Like, he’s so good. He’s such an amazing father. I’m so lucky he’s my baby’s daddy. Like, he’s so incredible.”

Shutterstock (2)
Mother’s Day Love

Madden called the Something About Mary star the "Best Mom and Wife and Friend" in a special Mother's Day post via Instagram on May 10, 2020. "It's special day for us this year, Forever grateful to my wife for making me a Father, and taking such good care of us everyday," he wrote.

Broadimage/Shutterstock
Perks of Quarantine

Diaz said that she's enjoying spending more time with her husband while they self-isolation amid the coronavirus pandemic. "The best part of [quarantine] and having to stay within our little bubble within this COVID situation is that her dad gets to be home,” she said during her July 28, 2020, appearance on Late Night With Seth Meyers. "He works from home, so … he actually gets to come out of a meeting and give her a kiss and play with her for a little bit, whereas if he was going to the office every day, he wouldn't have been able to do that. We're just having a lot of gratitude for that.”

MEGA
Family Bonding Time

The Avaline Wine founder shared how they have continued to bond with their daughter during the coronavirus quarantine. “Since we have a little one, we are really jamming out to some dope Sesame Street jams,” she joked in an interview with Rolling Stone in July 2020. “We got Baby Shark in the mix, and of course Benj has written at least a dozen songs for [Raddix]. So we are doing serious upbeat and often acapella jams over here.”

Invision/AP/Shutterstock (2)
Her Best Work

"Being a wife and a mother, it’s just the most, what’s the word I'm looking for? Rewarding," the actress said during a February 2021 interview with SiriusXM's Quarantined With Bruce. "I was like, it's not validating in any way — it's fulfilling. That's what it is. It really has been the most fulfilling part of my life so far."

Kristina Bumphrey/Starpix/Shutterstock
Good Timing

In April 2021, Diaz reflected on how stepping back from acting allowed her personal life with Madden to flourish. "I met my husband, we started a family," she told Kevin Hart during an episode of his Hart to Heart talk show. "All of those things I didn't have time for before and didn't have the space to make the right decisions for me at the time to bring that in. ... I just realized I looked around and it was just so many parts of my life that I wasn't touching and that I wasn't managing. I couldn't really manage it because it was so big. Everything was so massive."

ETIENNE LAURENT/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock; Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP/Shutterstock


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/2NGberO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono