Skip to main content

She Plans to Propose?! Everything Dean and Caelynn Have Said About Marriage

If Bachelor Nation knows one thing about Dean Unglert, it’s that he’s never been afraid to express his hot takes on marriage.

ABC viewers met Unglert on Rachel Lindsay’s season of The Bachelorette in 2017. After a messy stint on season 4 of Bachelor in Paradise, he returned for season 6 of the spinoff and met Caelynn Miller-Keyes. While he broke up with her on the show — on her birthday — he returned to win her back and they left the beach as a couple during summer 2019.

“It’s funny, I don’t think a single person thought we were going to last and even we were like, ‘No, I don’t know what’s going to happen here.’ So, we definitely defied the odds,” she exclusively told Us Weekly on the “Here for the Right Reasons” podcast ahead of their two-year anniversary in June 2021. “I think that’s just our unique relationship and we really try not to listen to it. When you go on the show, so many people are going to have so many opinions about your relationship — good and bad. I think we just never really listened to those negative peopl, and we just lived our lives.”

She continued: “My birthday was on [June 15] and Dean dumped me on my birthday two years ago. He came back five days later, so our anniversary is June 20. It’s kind of like a week of celebrating, my birthday into the anniversary.”

While Unglert often makes headlines for his comments about their romance, Miller-Keyes told Us that it “really frustrates” her when people think he isn’t a good boyfriend.

“He is hilarious and he’s very sarcastic and he’s also the most romantic person I think I’ve ever met. He’s so thoughtful,” she said at the time. “So I think that’s a big misconception — that I’m, like, more invested in the relationship or he, like, doesn’t treat me right. I’m like, ‘No, he treats me exceptionally well and he’s always going out of his way to just surprise me and do romantic things.’”

Unglert, meanwhile, has clarified speculation about their relationship on several occasions. In September 2021, he spoke to Us about his remarks that Miller-Keyes is the “most suffocating” girlfriend he’s ever had.

“It’s a horrible word, don’t get me wrong. It’s the wrong adjective to use to describe anyone in a relationship. I was simply saying that in past experiences, I would hate to be suffocated, but with Caelynn, although my instinct is to say, ‘Don’t suffocate me,’ in reality, I’m like, ‘You can suffocate me because I enjoy spending time with you’ sort of thing,” he told Us.

The Bachelor Winter Games alum also addressed his claims about not saying “I love you” to his girlfriend.

“I do say ‘I love you’ to Caelynn,” he said. “I am in the camp of I’d rather show Caelynn that I love her rather than say that I love her. … Talk is cheap more or less, you know, anyone can say anything, but what it boils down to in my eyes is action over words.”

When it comes to marriage, however, the jury is still out for the pair. Scroll through for everything they’ve said:


December 2019
Unglert told Us in December 2019 that he will “never” propose to Miller-Keyes. “She does joke around about us getting married all the time, and I always say, ‘Sorry, it’s not going to happen.’ I don’t know, I’m super unconventional and she obviously is a little more conventional. We joke around about it,” he said. “Just try to keep expectations to a minimum, you know? Like I said on the show, underpromise, overdeliver. … That being said, she wants kids, so I don’t know. I don’t know if I don’t want kids just because she wants kids, and I don’t want to get married just because she wants to get married.” He later suggested that he was being sarcastic when he used the words “never” when it came to marriage. Broadimage/Shutterstock
June 2020
The duo sparked speculation that they changed their tunes in early 2020 when they were spotted wearing wedding bands. They later confirmed they weren’t legally married, however. “Here’s the thing, in my opinion, I don’t need to title of husband to show the world that I’m committed to one person, and so the fact that I’m wearing the ring is showing just that,” he said on The Bachelor: The Greatest Season — Ever! in June 2020. “I’m committed to Caelynn and only Caelynn. And that’s why I’ve been wearing it for the past six or so months. … It’s our way of telling the world or the people that we’re around that we’re committed to each other. I think it’s one of those comforting thing[s] where you can wake up in the morning and see your partner wearing that ring and be like, ‘OK, yes, they know that I’m committed to them and vice versa.’” She added: “He started wearing a hair tie around his ring finger, just to fight women off. … And I liked the idea. And then we just talked about getting rings. It’s just nice to know that we’re in a strong, committed relationship without necessarily having to get the government involved, as Dean likes to say.” Sara Jaye Weiss/Shutterstock
June 2021
”I can honestly see us getting engaged and not telling anyone … and same for a wedding,” the former pageant queen told HollywoodLife in June 2021. “We’ve talked about keeping things super private and intimate. Also, maybe we don’t need to get married. I don’t know. Our relationship works so well, we go back and forth.” Image Press Agency/NurPhoto/Shutterstock
September 2021
Unglert revealed that the twosome “talked about” getting married during a trip to Lake Como, Italy. “Obviously, super major hypothetical, she’s like, ‘Who would you invite? Like, who would you bring?’ Blah blah blah. It’s like, ‘I probably wouldn’t bring anyone. You know, like my family. Maybe that’s it,’” he said on his “Help! I Suck at Dating” podcast. “It definitely is a place where a wedding would be spectacular. It’s just, like, one of the most beautiful places we’ve ever visited. [I’m] a little biased just because that was, like, three days ago.” James Atoa/UPI/Shutterstock
November 2021
“I don't know if she's speaking for me or if she's saying that she's going to propose to me," he said on his podcast. "I've made it pretty clear to her. I was like, 'If you really want to get married, you should be the one proposing to me,' so I think she's got something in the works for that." AFF-USA/Shutterstock
February 2022
Unglert hinted that he wasn’t ruling out marriage when he noted that he already knows how the pair would go about name changes. If and when Caelynn and I put pen to paper, we are going to change our names. But we’re both going to change our last names,” the reality TV personality, who previously expressed interest in taking on his mother’s last name, said on his podcast. Courtesy of Caelynn Miller-Keyes/Instagram
April 2022
Miller-Keyes addressed Unglert’s suggestion that she should propose to him. “When Dean first said that, I thought, ‘OK, [it's] another thing Dean is saying to break the mold.' Sometimes he says things just for a reaction, and he'll admit that. I thought that's kind of what he was doing," she said via a YouTube Q&A. "But the more I thought about it, the more I loved it, because traditionally, he would propose to me. That's something I've dreamt of for so long, and that's something that he doesn't get — a day that's catered to him and this special moment where he's really thought of. That's when I was like, 'Oh my gosh, I love this.'" She added that the duo are “a partnership, so we both should be proposed to,” explaining, “I love the idea of planning this extravagant — well, not extravagant, because he doesn't like to be the center of attention — but just this thing that's all about him. So after I really thought about it, I am really, really into it.” Courtesy of Caelynn Miller-Keyes/Instagram


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/g2kjiIu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their