Skip to main content

In Awe! Celebrities Who’ve Gotten Starstruck Meeting Fellow A-Listers

In awe! Celebrities, including Emma Stone, Jake Gyllenhaal and more are just like Us when it comes to meeting their idols — and other famous stars.

Gyllenhaal recalled “absolutely” being starstruck with Mandy Patinkin when the Criminal Minds alum came to see him in the musical Sunday in the Park With George. “He originated the [title] role and basically created the role,” the Brokeback Mountain actor told W Magazine in January 2022 of the interaction.

The Donnie Darko star was equally as stunned when he met Brad Pitt on the set of The Good Girl in the early 2000s.

“I was working with Jennifer Aniston, who was his wife at the time, and there were a lot of very racy scenes. I remember putting my hand out to shake his, and accidentally hitting the door,” Gyllenhaal told the outlet. “[Brad] said, so confidently and kindly, ‘Well, you have another one. It’s all right.’ He was very, very, very sweet to me, and it was actually a really lovely exchange. But, yeah, I was starstruck.”

Kristen Stewart felt like she had an out of body experience when she spotted Neve Campbell in a restaurant.

“I looked over my shoulder and did this thing that I hate when people do [it] to me, where they look and then snap back and pretend they didn’t see or something,” the Spencer actress recounted to W Magazine in January 2022.

Stewart remembered her friend trying to convince her to go and say hi to the actress before Campbell waved her over.

“She invited us to sit down and chat for a minute. I was like, ‘Man, I need to go see Scream [5].’ I love that series so much,” the Twilight star continued. “But it’s funny who actually starstrikes you. It’s never who you expect. It’s a physical thing. Maybe you love a musician, maybe you love an actor so much, but you see them and you’re like, ‘Yeah, cool. That’s them. They’re a person.'”

Pitt, for his part, remembered what it was like meeting one of his all-time favorite actors Luke Perry, while the duo worked on Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. The movie was released two months after the Beverly Hills, 90210 alum died in March 2019 after suffering a massive stroke at age 52.

“Man, he was so incredibly humble and amazing and absolutely committed,” the Troy star told Esquire in an interview for its Summer 2019 issue. “He couldn’t have been a more friendly, wonderful guy to spend time with. I got to sit down and have some wonderful conversations with him. It was really special.”

Scroll down to see which celebrities have been starstruck:


Jennifer Garner
The Juno star got a major gift for her 50th birthday when her childhood hero Donny Osmond showed up to serenade her. "My first (pre)birthday surprise was a doozy— the one and only, legend in his own time, object of my childhood adoration and devotion— @donnyosmond showed up to knock my purple socks off," Garner wrote via Instagram in April 2022. "He took an hour and a half of his day to sit with me, sing my favorites, and to give me a master class on how to be a class act. Thank you, Donny." Courtesy Jennifer Garner/Instagram
Shania Twain
The country crooner was just as excited to perform with Harry Styles at Coachella in April 2022 as he was to have her on stage with him. "I am so honored and thrilled to be here," the "Any Man of Mine" singer said during the performance. "I'm kind of lost for words. I'm a bit starstruck, what can I say?" YouTube
Mickey Guyton
“I met Prince Harry. He was just lovely,” the country singer wrote via Instagram in February 2022 after running into the royal at Super Bowl LVI. “I even curtsied in my track suit.” Shutterstock (2)
Jake Gyllenhaal
The Nightcrawler actor has been starstruck on multiple occasions, including the time he met Patinkin and Pitt. He recalled to W Magazine in January 2022 that he “accidentally” hit his hand on the door while trying to shake the Fight Club star’s hand when he saw him on the set of The Good Girl. Shutterstock (2)
Kristen Stewart
The Still Alice actress recalled being in awe of Campbell after speaking with her at a restaurant. “It's a physical thing. Maybe you love a musician, maybe you love an actor so much, but you see them and you're like, 'Yeah, cool. That's them. They're a person,'" she told W Magazine in January 2022 after her run-in with the Scream actress. “There are some people that just get in there. Physically. And then your body goes, ‘Ahh.’" Shutterstock (2)
Cardi B
The rapper freaked out in November 2021 after meeting Robert Pattinson. “I felt like a teen!” she captioned a video via Twitter of the meeting. Courtesy of Cardi B/Twitter
Drew Barrymore
The Charlie’s Angels actress revealed that while she’s been acting since she was a kid, she still gets tongue-tied when she spends time with some of Hollywood’s biggest stars. That list includes Chelsea Handler, Amy Schumer, Sarah Silverman and Sarah Cooper. “With legends @chelseahandler @amyschumer @sarahkatesilverman @sarahcpr #highlightofmylife,” the Drew Barrymore Show host wrote via Instagram in October 2021. “I’m not someone who posts a lot with other people when I’m out socially. I’m not trying to show my fab life. Most of my friends are life longers and we kind of just hang!” The Wedding Singer star added: “I stay home a lot and I am lucky that my job allows me to be around incredible jaw dropping people but usually it’s because my professional life brought me to a situation! But this is a moment I am so proud of.” She noted that she was a “weirdo” with the group of women. “I am a fan. I was fan girling out so hard. And this is a moment I had to share,” Barrymore concluded. “Thank you to these comedy goddesses who are also amazing humans to boot. Wow. Pinch me!” Courtesy of Drew Barrymore/Instagram
Mindy Kaling
“I SCREAMED when I was walking out of my dad and step-mom’s house and randomly saw @thechristinequinn on a break from shooting Selling Sunset on the sidewalk,” the Mindy Project alum wrote via Instagram in July 2021 after her Christine Quinn sighting. “It’s my favorite show on TV and not in like a ‘guilty pleasure’ way; that show is SO GOOD.” Kaling added: “Christine is a fabulous real estate agent and new mom who sells $30 million dollar mansions in 7 inch Louboutins. Plus, she keeps things spicy which is always nice! I love the whole cast and this made my year. Queen!” Courtesy of Mindy Kaling/Instagram
Wanda Sykes
“I was pretty starstruck when I met George Clooney,” the comedian exclusively told Us Weekly in May 2021. Shutterstock (2)
David Beckham
The former soccer star was somewhat speechless when he spotted Emilia Clarke in November 2019 while at a concert. “I was a little star struck whist [sic] being in the same vicinity of the Mother Of Dragons,” Beckham captioned an Instagram photo of the two smiling backstage. “So nice to see @emilia_clarke in San Fran whilst being wowed by Fleetwood Mac 🔥 #dreamforce2019.” Courtesy of David Beckham/Instagram
Sam Smith
The “Fire on Fire” crooner held on tight to Lizzo in July 2019. “So truly happy I got to meet @lizzo the other day. Her show was out of this world!!” Smith wrote via Twitter. “Made me feel so high on life!! She is the one. Can’t wait to watch you continue to take over the world gorgeous xx.” Courtesy of Sam Smith/Twitter
Brad Pitt & Leonardo DiCaprio
The actors had a fangirl moment when they bumped into Perry on the set of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. “‘That’s Luke f–king Perry!’” Pitt recalled saying to DiCaprio in their cover story for Esquire’s Summer 2019 issue, published in May of that year. “We were like kids in the candy shop because I remember going to the studios and [Beverly Hills, 90210] was going on and he was that icon of coolness for us as teenagers. It was this strange burst of excitement that I had, to be able to act with him.” The Titanic star agreed, saying, “I remember my friend Vinny, who is in the film as well, we walked in and we both had this butterfly moment of like, ‘Oh, my God, that’s Luke Perry over there!’” Shutterstock (3)
Shania Twain
The country singer admitted on the Today show in January 2019 that she was “awkward” when she first got to know Madonna. “I understand why [people get starstruck],” Twain explained. “I’m sympathetic and empathetic about how they’re feeling in that moment because I do the same thing.” Shutterstock (2)
Sarah Paulson
The American Horror Story actress had a minor freak out when she and Rihanna began working together on Ocean’s 8. “I wanted to be cool around her,” Paulson said during a May 2018 appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. “I wish I’d worn a diaper when I met her cause I sort of [peed]. Just like a tiny little! Just like a little squirt.” Shutterstock (2)
Chrissy Metz
“When your mission to meet @samsmithworld backstage at @iheartjingleball is accomplished yours truly becomes a child with unabashed joy!” the This Is Us actress captioned a photo with Sam Smith in December 2017. “I wish I would’ve eloquently said how much his music moves me and what an incredible gift he gives us all but nope, not sure I even spoke English.” Courtesy of Chrissy Metz/Instagram


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/hE5fJNV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their