Skip to main content

Christina Applegate and Johnathon Schaech’s Relationship Timeline

Christina Applegate and Johnathon Schaech may have divorced in 2007, but the former couple have nothing but kind things to say about one another.

“My marriage was connected to my career, everything about my work. It was, you know, Christina is an actress. We were in the limelight,” the That Thing You Do! star said during an April 2022 appearance on Jana Kramer‘s “Whine Down” podcast. “I loved her so much. I still love her so much. I don’t think [wife Julie Solomon] will ever be offended that I would ever say that.”

The twosome began dating in 1997 and tied the knot four years later. Though Schaech later described Applegate to OK Magazine as “the love of my life,” they eventually separated in 2005. Their divorce was finalized two years later.

“Being raised Catholic and having parents that are still together over 50 years, I felt I failed everyone,” the Prom Night actor revealed in a Reddit AMA in December 2020 about his divorce from the Married … With Children star.

“I thought God had given up on me,” he explained. “Sex, drugs, alcohol and dark nights became who I was. I knew I needed to find someone who loved me as much as I loved them.”

Schaech’s split from Applegate also took a toll on his next relationship with Kramer, who he began dating in 2008. “I wasn’t healed [after the divorce],” he explained to the “Why Ya Wanna” singer in April 2022. “I hadn’t taken time to heal myself from that broken heart. And I just wanted you to shine and not me to shine at the same time. And I was so happy that I was able to do something with you that brought all these qualities that you had. But I forgot about me and that’s not fair to you.”

The Hush actor and Kramer tied the knot in 2010, only to call it quits just 12 days later. “I had to explain this photo to my son today,” Schaech wrote via Twitter in March 2021, sharing a throwback photo from his wedding with Kramer. “I told him I’ve been married three times. But I got it right when I married his mother. [Jana] and I lasted a week. We weren’t meant but for this photo and friendship.”

He eventually married Julie Solomon in 2013 and they share son Camden, 8, and daughter Lily Jo, 21 months.

Applegate, meanwhile, began dating Dutch musician Martyn LeNoble in 2008, shortly after she was diagnosed with breast cancer. The pair got engaged in 2010 and welcomed daughter Sadie in February 2011. “It was profound pain,” the Dead to Me star said of giving birth without an epidural during an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show three weeks her daughter was born. “[Afterward,] she and I just laid there. It was the best thing that’s ever happened to me.”

In August 2021, Applegate revealed that she had been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. “It’s been a strange journey. But I have been so supported by people that I know who also have this condition,” she wrote via Twitter at the time. “It’s been a tough road. But as we all know, the road keeps going. … As one of my friends that has MS said ‘We wake up and take the indicated action.’ And that’s what I do.”

Keep scrolling to relive Applegate and Schaech’s relationship and subsequent friendship:


October 2001
The former couple, who began dating in 1997, tied the knot in October 2001 after four years together. BEI/Shutterstock
December 2005
Applegate and Schaech amicably separated in 2005. BEI/Shutterstock
2008
In 2008, Schaech met the One Tree Hill alum on the set of the horror film, Prom Night. “Johnathon was the killer in Prom Night. Spoiler alert, if you haven’t seen it," Kramer said on her "Whine Down" podcast in April 2022. "And I just remember going like, ‘Oh, my God, that’s the hot guy from That Thing You Do!’ We met on that movie, but you were just kind of getting out of a previous marriage, so I was very much, like, wanting to chase [him]." Picture Perfect/Shutterstock
2009
One year after Schaech and Kramer started their on-and-off romance, Applegate began dating LeNoble. The Anchorman star credited the Dutch musician with helping her through her battle with breast cancer. (She was diagnosed with the disease in 2008 and underwent a double mastectomy that same year.) "I have a small but mighty support system and Martyn has really been an incredible part of my life," Applegate told Us Weekly in 2010. "Without him, I don't know if I could've gone through any of it. He came around at a time when there was a lot of loss in my life on many levels, so he's been a really incredible help." Matt Baron/BEI/Shutterstock
2010
Schaech and Kramer tied the knot in 2010, before filing for divorce just 12 days after the wedding. "Jana and I had a wedding but we were never married. It simply came down to this: She wasn’t ready to be married," he explained in a Reddit AMA in December 2020. “She wanted a singing career and that was what she was focused on." In April 2022, Schaech reflected on his short-lived marriage to Kramer on her podcast. "Jana, you're an incredible human being. I wanted that to be part of my life. I thought that you would heal me and make my life better. And I thought I had to marry you to get that," he explained. "It was much deeper for me. But, you know, I think that we weren't ready. … I wanted the best in our marriage, I really wanted to make it work." Picture Perfect/Shutterstock
February 2013
After welcoming daughter Sadie Grace in 2011, Applegate and LeNoble tied the knot in a private ceremony in their L.A. home. A few days after the wedding, Schaech shared his well-wishes for his ex-wife in her new marriage. "I love her very much and I'm very happy for her and her family," he told Us at the time. In December 2020, Schaech gushed about Applegate once more: "[They] have a wonderful family. She’s cancer free and is an absolute hero for others and to my family. ... All the Christina Applegate and Jana Kramer fans should know — I’m rooting for them too." Jim Smeal/BEI/Shutterstock
July 2013
Schaech, meanwhile, found his perfect match in book publicist Julie Solomon, who he secretly married in July 2013. The pair welcomed son Camden in September 2013 and daughter Lily Jo in July 2020. Schaech and Solomon even formed a close relationship with Kramer after reaching out to the "I Got the Boy" singer when her then-husband Mike Caussin was in rehab. "My tour manager got in contact with his wife, Julie, and [I] pretty much haven’t left Julie’s side since then. She’s the coolest chick in America. She’s so much fun. And you guys became family," she recalled in April 2022. She later added to Schaech: "Jolie became best friends with Camden, your son. We lived less than a mile apart from each other. We would have dinners, you would help me with auditions. You were in the hospital with me when Jace was six weeks old getting a spinal tap because Mike had to stay with Jolie and Julie couldn't come.” Mediapunch/Shutterstock


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/4ucZrVl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their