Skip to main content

Stars Who Tested Positive for COVID-19 in 2022

The pandemic isn’t over. Just as it did in 2020 and 2021, Hollywood’s A-list continues to be affected by COVID-19 in 2022 — but they largely attribute their fast recoveries to vaccines.

In January, Late Night With Seth Meyers only returned from holiday break for one show before suddenly having to go on hiatus amid the omicron variant’s prevalence.

“The bad news is, I tested positive for COVID (thanks, 2022!) the good news is, I feel fine (thanks vaccines and booster!),” Seth Meyers wrote via Twitter on January 4. “We are canceling the rest of the shows this week, so tune in next Monday to see what cool location we will try and pass off as a studio!!!”

Meyers’ fellow NBC late night host Jimmy Fallon revealed a day prior that he’d recently recovered from COVID-19. The Saturday Night Live alum made it clear that he tested negative before returning to The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on January 3.

“Hey guys, on the first day of our holiday break I tested positive for Covid,” he captioned a photo via Instagram of himself masked in a room marked “reserved for testing use.” The room was decorated with an iconic Diff’rent Strokes quote, which Fallon appreciated.

He continued, “I was vaccinated and boostered which made me lucky enough to only have mild symptoms. Thank you to the doctors and nurses who work so hard around the clock to get everyone vaxxed. Thank you to NBC for taking the testing protocols so seriously and doing a great job – and also thanks for putting me in the ‘What ‘chu talkin’ about Willis?’ isolation room when they told me the news.”

In the comments section, Fallon told a fan that he completely recovered, writing, “The positive came back on 12/18. Back at work today and feeling 100%!”

The NBC hosts both advocated for vaccination. As of January, the CDC recommended a booster shot for people over age 16 five months after completing the primary series. Meyers and Fallon each had a booster before testing positive.

Similarly, Whoopi Goldberg also had a breakthrough case amid the highly contagious variant’s spread. Her View cohost Joy Behar announced the news on January 3 and said the Sister Act star was expected to be fully recovered within a week.

“Why am I here instead of Whoopi? Well, Whoopi, unfortunately, tested positive over the break, but she’ll be back probably next week,” Behar explained. “Since she’s vaxxed and boosted, her symptoms have been very, very, mild. But we’re being super cautious here at The View.”

The daytime talk show opted to film remotely for the week in the midst of Goldberg’s positive test.

“They say there’s no place like home for the holidays and that’s exactly where we are this year,” Behar said. “Happy New Year from all of our living rooms. As you can see, we’re back in boxes and doing the show remotely — hopefully for just a week. I’m praying that it’s just a week, but you never know because this omicron thing is all over the place.”

See the stars who have tested positive for COVID-19 in 2022:


Liam Payne
The former One Direction member had to reschedule his virtual concert after he tested positive. Payne announced via Twitter on January 26 that his Here's to the Future show would be rescheduled for Valentine's Day weekend. James Veysey/Shutterstock
Elton John
The "Rocketman" singer tested positive in January, forcing him to once again reschedule **HIS tour dates. The American Airlines Center in Dallas announced the news in a statement on its website. “It is with great regret that the Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour dates in Dallas set for Tuesday, January 25 and Wednesday, January 26 must be postponed due to Elton recently testing positive for COVID-19," the venue said. "Fortunately, Elton is fully vaccinated and boosted, and is experiencing only mild symptoms.” Derick Hingle/AP/Shutterstock
Ashley Park
“Well, I am [BTS] ARMY. I don’t even realize how much I was ARMY until this happened,” the Emily in Paris star revealed during a January 2022 appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live, while discussing her “Dynamite” cover on the Netflix show. "I said to Lily Collins, who is the best, most supportive person on set ever, I was like, ‘If BTS were ever to see this in an alternate universe, I would want to make them as proud as they have made me as a Korean and as an artist.’” Park then gushed that it felt like a total dream when several of the K-pop group’s members reposted her number: “The whole rest of the day, after they posted that, I couldn’t think, I couldn’t talk, I couldn’t get up. And I was like, is this what your body feels like when you go into shock? My sinuses, my head… I’ve never had this experience before. I’ve never been a fangirl to this extent. I woke up the next day and I had to take a COVID test for something. And I took a COVID test and I had Omicron, which is why I was in such a fog. I didn’t think it was COVID because I really thought I had gone into shock.” ABC/Randy Holmes
Robin Roberts
The Good Morning America co-anchor revealed on January 20 that she was fighting a “mild” battle of COVID. "Appreciate the concern about my absence this week on @GMA,” Roberts tweeted. “Unfortunately I tested positive for Covid. … I’m doing well. Looking forward to returning as soon as I can. #ThankfulThursday   #HappyFridayEve ..” MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Amy Robach
The GMA personality announced her diagnosis on the same day as Roberts. Kristina Bumphrey/StarPix/Shutterstock
Justin Baldoni
The Jane the Virgin alum confirmed on January 18 that he and his family — including wife Emily Baldoni and their two kids, daughter Maiya and son Maxwell — tested positive for coronavirus. “Well.. we sure didn’t have our kids getting the flu and then all of us getting Covid in the first three weeks of 2022 on our bingo cards but hey, at least it’s all up from here!” he wrote via Instagram. “It’s been a rough three weeks but we’re in good spirits. Sending everyone love!” Courtesy of Justin Baldoni/Instagram
Connie Britton
The actress revealed on January 16 that she “just got over” a “mild” case of COVID-19. “When I tested positive I called my doctor in a panic and he broke it down for me. Masks. If you’re both masked and avoid face to face contact, that can keep the virus from spreading,” she wrote via Instagram. “Honestly the worst was not being able to hug or even make close eye contact with my son who has spent 1/5 of his life now upended from this pandemic. Kids, and all of us, have been living in fear of this thing for 2 years. And now mom has it!! And he might get it! So frightening.” John Salangsang/Shutterstock
Whitney Port
The Hills alum, her husband, Tim Rosenman, and their 4-year-old son, Sonny, tested positive in January. “The nausea last weekend I guess was the first sign of it but we’ve all been fine otherwise,” she said via Instagram Stories on January 15. “A little congested and my taste is not at its sharpest, but we are ok. Just quarantining, cooking, and napping. I was starting to feel like it was just a matter of time before we got it.” Kristina Bumphrey/StarPix/Shutterstock
Alli Dore
The Below Deck star told her Instagram followers on January 13 that she had “recovered” from COVID-19 and finished her “isolation period,” concluding, “Be assured I follow and respect all the rules because I care about my community.” Courtesy of Alli Dore/Instagram
Malika Haqq
The Side by Side star revealed on January 11 that she tested positive during the ongoing omicron surge. "I fought hard, dodged COVID for 2 years in an effort to protect my baby boy," she tweeted. "I’m vaccinated, I was tested several times a week, tested those who visited. I lost the fight, and tested positive yesterday. My win, by Gods grace Ace is negative. Health is wealth. Stay safe." The Dash Dolls alum went on to slam "ignorant folks" questioning her fears about infection. "Why am I worried about a 'cold'?" she added in a second tweet. "Cus many people have died from the virus including my loved ones. You spreaders keep your narrow perspective to yourself." Shutterstock
Arie Luyendyk Jr. and Lauren Burnham
The Bachelor season 22 couple spent their third wedding anniversary sick with COVID-19 on January 12. Mediapunch/Shutterstock
Lisa Vanderpump
The Vanderpump Rules star announced that she tested positive on January 11 via Instagram. "Agh it finally got me … #covid_19," she captured an illustration of herself pouting. Image Press Agency/NurPhoto/Shutterstock
Savannah Guthrie
The Today anchor announced on January 10 that she was filming the show from home because she tested positive for COVID-19. “Here we go Hoda, we're trading places,” Guthrie said days after Kotb revealed her own coronavirus battle. “I’m working from home, you're back in the studio. You have a negative test for COVID, I just tested positive for COVID, so here we go.” Guthrie added that she had mild symptoms: "A little sniffles, not much more than that.” Stephen Lovekin/Shutterstock
Dean McDermott
Hours after Tori Spelling revealed her whole family was sick, the Chopped Canada host thought he would need a ventilator after a particularly tough bout. “This is the first place I’m going once I get over COVID," McDermott captioned a throwback Instagram photo at the ice rink. “I’ve got to be honest, this scared the s—t out of me. My breathing was so compromised, I thought I was going to be put on a ventilator. Slowly turning the corner to recovery. Be safe out there.” AFF-USA/Shutterstock
Ana Navarro
The View cohost tested positive for a breakthrough case on January 7, though was “feeling pretty so good so far,” Navarro said as she confirmed the news during the show. "I did what the CDC recommended — the minute I felt a little bit of a tickle in my throat, I assumed I had it and I've been isolating,” Navarro told her fellow hosts. ABC/Lou Rocco
Sadie Robertson
“Tbh the start to this year has been quite interesting,” the Duck Dynasty alum captioned a January 7 Instagram post. “It started off by me getting FLURONA (flu + covid) (yikes) so obviously I was so bummed to miss passion but I was so thankful that God gave me the strength to still preach my message to an empty room despite being so sick. My faith from that experience grew so much 🤯 His spirit is truly living within us!” In addition to her flurona diagnosis, Robertson found her home had a rat infestation, noting, “It’s disgusting🙃 and we are exhausted from getting over sickness and being out of our home.” Donn Jones/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Tori Spelling
“I share a lot on social media but this is one thing I didn’t want to share,” the Beverly Hills, 90210 alum wrote via Instagram on January 7. “But, at this point, people are getting frustrated not getting responses personally and business-wise from me and wondering why I’m MIA so I finally decided to share. Our entire family has COVID. Yes, every single member got it. We all have varying degrees of symptoms. I was last to be symptomatic. We all were praying it was just a bad winter cold. But it wasn’t.” She continued: “Nothing is worse than wanting to care for your little ones but feeling so sick you can barely function yourself. I feel useless as a parent. Devastated. A mom is supposed to take care of their kiddos when sick.” Courtesy of Tori Spelling/Instagram
Gleb Savchenko
After the Dancing With the Stars professional was feeling “sick” amid rehearsals for the DWTS live tour, he confirmed his coronavirus diagnosis on January 7 via Instagram Story. He has since been isolating away from the rest of his costars. “I’m happy to say that I’m feeling fine and the rest of the cast is healthy,” the Russia native explained in his social media video. “I cannot wait to rejoin the tour in the next couple of days.” Courtesy of Gleb Savchenko/Instagram
James Corden
The Late Late Show With James Corden host took a brief hiatus in early January after the host tested positive for COVID-19. “I’m fully vaccinated, boosted, and because of this, am fortunate enough to say I feel completely fine,” he wrote on January 6 via Instagram. “The show will be off the air for the next few days. Stay safe everyone. All my love, James x.” Art Streiber/CBS
Hoda Kotb
After Kotb was noticeably missing from the Today show on January 5, host Craig Melvin revealed on January 6 that she tested positive for COVID-19. “Thx for well wishes! Feeling good.. ,” the co-anchor tweeted at the time. “Cant wait to see you all when I am in the clear! Xo.” Kristina Bumphrey/StarPix/Shutterstock
John Mayer
The Dead & Company announced on January 5 that Mayer will not be at their Mexico shows as he has coronavirus. "Today, just prior to leaving for Mexico, per his physician, @JohnMayer tested positive for COVID-19 and will be unable to perform at the upcoming 'Playing in the Sand' event in Riviera Cancun January 7-10,” the band said in an Instagram statement. “In these unprecedented times fans should expect many rare and different tunes.” Evan Agostini/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Aaron Tveit
“Happy New Year! Gutted to have been out the past two weeks,” the Broadway star wrote via his Instagram Stories on January 5, noting he was back in the theatre for Moulin Rogue The Musical. “But Omicron got me. Shout to @aaron_c_finley for holding it down. Stay safe. Get jabbed. Come see us at The Hirschfeld.” Andrew H. Walker/Shutterstock
Lupita Nyong’o
"I too have tested positive for COVID-19," the Black Panther actress tweeted on January 4. "I'm fully vaccinated and taking care in isolation, so I trust I will be well. Please do all you can to keep yourself and others protected from serious illness. #StayMaskedAndVaxxed." Stephen Lovekin/Shutterstock
Alli Simpson
The model revealed via Instagram that she tested positive for the virus shortly after the new year. Amy Sussman/Shutterstock
Seth Meyers
The Illinois native canceled a week of Late Night With Seth Meyers on January 4 and attributed his mild symptoms to the vaccine. John Salangsang/Shutterstock
Jimmy Fallon
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon host didn't reveal his positive diagnosis until he was completely recovered on January 3. MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Whoopi Goldberg
The View cohost was absent from the show on January 3 after testing positive. Evan Agostini/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Jessie J
The "Bang Bang" singer revealed on January 2 that she tested positive for COVID-19 a month prior, and she believed she contracted it at a Los Angeles concert on December 14. “I got covid at this show,” Jessie captioned a video from the show via Instagram. "BUT The audience could clap in time." Matt Baron/Shutterstock


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/VnjqJF9xv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono