Skip to main content

Bachelor Nation’s Des and Chris Celebrate 7 Years of Marriage

It’s a love story, baby, just … accept the final rose. Desiree Hartsock and Chris Siegfried are one of Bachelor Nation’s rare success stories.

Hartsock first competed for Sean Lowe’s heart on season 17 of The Bachelor, which aired in 2013. After making it to the hometown dates, the bridal stylist was sent packing. While Lowe ended up marrying winner Catherine Giudici, Hartsock was named the ninth Bachelorette.

“I wanted to come back, because I know from first-hand experience the feelings are very real, and you really can form a relationship from it,” she declared on the May 2013 premiere episode. “Throughout this season, you’ll see I really wanted to make sure I was going to be the right person for them, as well, because I was really aware of that. I made sure if I’m not going to be the right person for you, let me know. It’s always a two-way street.”

During the season, Hartsock was briefly left heartbroken when Brooks Forester quit the show after making the final three.

“I’m not broken,” she insisted to host Chris Harrison after breaking down. “My heart might be, but my spirit hasn’t been broken … I want to find someone to share my life with. I do, I really do.”

The designer subsequently accepted a proposal from Siegfried during the August 2013 finale.

“I feel like I was blindsided by my feelings for Brooks, that I couldn’t see that the one thing I always needed was right in front of me,” Hartsock told Siegfried during the final rose ceremony. “You have been by my side from the very beginning … I thank you every day for never giving up. And you mean the absolute world to me. I love you. I love you so much.”

Siegfried was thrilled by the love declaration. “You make me want to be a better person, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you,” he told her before he got down on one knee. “I don’t want to make decisions for me anymore; I want to make decisions for you, and us, and our lives together.”

The twosome will celebrate 5 years of marriage in January 2020. Scroll through for their complete relationship timeline:


May 2013
Season 9 of The Bachelorette started airing in May 2013. ABC/Rick Rowell
August 2013
“I’ve never in my life met anyone like Chris,” Hartsock said after her final date with Siegfried. “I just feel so lucky to be that person that is receiving his love, because I’ve never felt anyone has loved me as much as I have loved them. It’s hard, because I feel guilty. Like, how could I not have loved him from the beginning?” The mortgage broker proposed by the end of the episode. “Desiree Hartsock,” he said. “I want to be your first, and I want to be your last. Will you marry me?” ABC/Francisco Roman
March 2014
Hartsock, who designed her own wedding dress, opened up to Us Weekly about planning her nuptials in March 2014. “I think I want it to be more low-key than people are expecting — a small ceremony — and just the essentials,” she told Us at the time. “I’m just excited to be designing my dress!” Roger Wong/INFphoto.com
January 2015
The couple exchanged vows in front of family and friends — and even Forester — in Palos Verdes, California, on January 18, 2015. “It’s cliche to say,” she told Us exclusively at the time. “But it was a dream come true.”
April 2016
Us broke the news in April 2016 that Hartsock was pregnant with baby No. 1. “We were in Hawaii, when we went for our one-year anniversary. That’s when we took a test and found out!” she told Us after posing for their pregnancy reveal photos with Matthew Land Studios. Matthew Land Studios
October 2016
The twosome welcomed their first son, Asher Wrigley Siegfried, on October 19, 2016. “He has already brought so much joy into our lives in one day,” the new mom gushed exclusively to Us at the time. “He’s strong, healthy, happy, playful and warm. Chris and I are beyond blessed with this beautiful gift of life that we are excited to have as a part of our family.” Courtesy Desiree Hartsock/Instagram
July 2018
Us broke the news that the pair were expanding their family in July 2018. “We’ll say, ‘Where’s the baby?’ And [Asher will] point to my stomach,” Hartsock told Us at the time. “But I still don’t think he understands, but he’s doing it.” Courtesy Desiree Hartsock/Instagram
September 2018
The duo made headlines in September 2018 when season 11 of Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars started airing. While Hartsock seemingly said she “settled” for her husband during a promo for the reality series, she clarified her remarks during an interview with Us. “That was taken out of context,” she told Us. “It’s so frustrating because I didn’t say that. What I did say is exactly what is so frustrating is that because from The Bachelorette, our relationship was hidden a little bit because of all the other drama and so, people’s perspective was a lot of times that I settled and so, in that context I said, ‘People assumed that I settled for Chris.’  And then they just cut that out and used it.” Hartsock concluded: “I obviously did not settle at all. Let’s get real. I upgraded.” Courtesy Desiree Hartsock/Instagram
January 2019
Us exclusively confirmed that the former Bachelorette gave birth to son Zander Cruz Siegfried in January 2019. Courtesy Desiree Hartsock/Instagram
January 2021
The twosome celebrated six years of marriage in January 2021.   “S I X years ✨ WOW what a beautiful journey we’ve been on since,” Hartsock gushed via Instagram. “Every day I thank God for you and our little family! I can’t wait to see where God takes us in the next six years! Love you babe so much! Always falling forward. ❤️” Courtesy Desiree Hartsock/Instagram
January 2022
Siegfried reposted Bachelor Nation’s message on their seventh wedding anniversary, writing, “I’ll have you know I didn’t forget this year, but thank you for the reminder! Love you [Des].” Courtesy Desiree Hartsock/Instagram


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/2NDj0Ec

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono