Skip to main content

Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich: The Way They Were

Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich‘s whirlwind romance quickly heated up in 2020 as they checked off some major dating milestones, including quarantining together amid the coronavirus pandemic and getting engaged after just four months of dating.

Lovato and Ehrich sparked romance rumors in March 2020 after they exchanged flirty messages via social media. Later that month, Us Weekly confirmed that the couple were dating. A source told Us at the time that the twosome had met “a few weeks ago” and their relationship was off to a strong start.

The duo’s romance heated up in April 2020 while they quarantined together amid the coronavirus pandemic at Lovato’s house in California. An insider shared with Us that Lovato and the Young and the Restless alum were “getting really serious” in self-isolation together.

“The quarantine has been really great for Demi and [they] and Max have gotten so close,” the source said at the time. “[They’re] doing a great job at staying sober, healthy and taking care of [themself].”

The insider added that Ehrich was thinking about popping the question to the Sonny With a Chance alum.

“Their families wouldn’t be surprised by the proposal,” the source said at the time. “They think they make a great couple.”

He proposed on July 23, with an ecstatic Lovato revealing the news on Instagram. “@maxehrich – I knew I loved you the moment I met you,” the “Confident” performer wrote. “It was something I can’t describe to anyone who hasn’t experienced it firsthand but luckily you did too.. I’ve never felt so unconditionally loved by someone in my life (other than my parents) flaws and all. You never pressure me to be anything other than myself. And you make me want to be the best version of myself. I’m honored to accept your hand in marriage. I love you more than a caption could express but I’m ecstatic to start a family and life with you. I love you forever my baby. My partner. Here’s to our future!!!!”

The “I Love Me” singer revealed in May 2020 that Ehrich harbored a crush on Lovato before the pair ended up together. The New Mexico native shared via Instagram a past tweet from Ehrich that read, “All I wanted for Christmas was Demi Lovato. #CantAlwaysGetWhatYouWant.”

Lovato captioned the post, “@maxehrich every Christmas? We love a little manifestation.”

However, fans were shocked to see the pair go their separate ways in September. A source confirmed to Us Weekly that they had ended their relationship and called off their engagement.

Scroll down to look back at their romance.


March 2020
Us confirmed that Lovato and Ehrich were dating after the pair fueled relationship rumors on social media weeks earlier. Courtesy of Demi Lovato/Instagram
March 2020
The "Sober" singer accidentally crashed their boyfriend's Instagram Live while he was playing the piano. Lovato entered the room with a blanket wrapped around their shoulders which caused the Pregnancy Pact actor to whisper, “I’m on Live." “Hm?” Lovato replied, to which he repeated, “I’m on Live.” The Disney Channel alum laughed and ran out of the room while Ehrich followed her also laughing. Courtesy of Max Ehrich/Instagram
April 2020
A source told Us that the actor planned to propose to Lovato at the end of the coronavirus quarantine. The insider added that their families "wouldn't be surprised by the proposal" and think that "they make a great couple.” Courtesy of Demi Lovato/Instagram
April 2020
The Sonny With a Chance alum revealed that things were serious between them and the New Jersey native because Lovato had introduced him to pal Sam Smith. "Anybody that meets Sam would be somebody that would be very important to me,” Lovato said in an interview with Capital Breakfast with Roman Kemp. “I wouldn’t introduce just anybody to Sam." Mediapunch/Shutterstock; Broadimage/Shutterstock; David Fisher/Shutterstock
May 2020
The duo costarred in Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande's music video "Stuck With U" alongside other celebrity couples, including Bieber and Hailey Baldwin and Grande and Dalton Gomez. Courtesy of Max Ehrich/Instagram
May 2020
Lovato teased Ehrich for having a longtime crush on them when they shared an old tweet the actor once posted. “All I wanted for Christmas was Demi Lovato. #CantAlwaysGetWhatYouWant," the tweet read to which Lovato responded, “@maxehrich every Christmas? We love a little manifestation.” Courtesy of Demi Lovato/Instagram
May 2020
The Princess Protection Program star shared a series of sweet PDA-filled photos with their beau via Instagram Story. Courtesy of Demi Lovato/Instagram
June 2020
“Had an amazing weekend in the magical desert of Joshua Tree with my love @maxehrich,” Lovato captioned a series of photos from the couple’s desert getaway via Instagram. “I went to work on a project but it was so nice to get away for a couple days.. thank you for making me so happy my dear.. I love going on adventures with you 🥰🌵☀️.” Courtesy Lyndan Coleman via Demi Lovato/Instagram
July 2020
Baby you’re a firework! The couple shared a cute moment together over the 4th of July holiday weekend. “Oh man this might be my favorite pic of us so far... thank you for making me the happiest. I love yew soooo much @maxehrich,” Lovato captioned an Instagram photo. Courtesy of Demi Lovato/Instagram
July 2020
Lovato confirmed that they and Ehrich were engaged via Instagram. “When I was a little girl, my birth dad always called me his 'little partner' – something that might’ve sounded strange without his southern cowboy like accent. To me it made perfect sense. And today that word makes perfect sense again but today I’m officially going to be someone else’s partner,” Lovato captioned a pic of the future spouses via Instagram. “@maxehrich - I knew I loved you the moment I met you. It was something I can’t describe to anyone who hasn’t experienced it firsthand but luckily you did too. I’ve never felt so unconditionally loved by someone in my life (other than my parents) flaws and all. You never pressure me to be anything other than myself. And you make me want to be the best version of myself. I’m honored to accept your hand in marriage. I love you more than a caption could express but I’m ecstatic to start a family and life with you. I love you forever my baby. My partner. Here’s to our future!!!!“ She went on to show off her stunning engagement ring in multiple photos. “When you begin to actually process your evening and realize that you’re ENGAGED,” they captioned one tearful pic.  In his own post, Ehrich wrote: “Ahhhh You are every love song, every film, every lyric, every poem, everything I could ever dream of and then some in a partner in life. Words cannot express how infinitely in love with you I am forever and always and then some. I cannot spend another second of my time here on Earth without the miracle of having you as my wife. here’s to forever baby … I’m so excited. You are the most beautiful inside and out in the entire world & I couldn’t be more grateful God brought us together. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH @ddlovato AND WILL FOREVER CHERISH YOUR PURE, BEAUTIFUL, INFINITE SOUL.” Angelo Kritikos
August 2020
“🥰💍💓 @ddlovato love you baby,” Ehrich captioned a date night photo with his fiancée to kick off the month of August. Courtesy of Max Ehrich/Twitter
August 2020
The newly engaged couple celebrated their five-month anniversary with a night out at Nobu in Malibu on August 7, 2020, and shared photos from their celebration. "I love u baby happy anniversary," Ehrich captioned a pic showing him giving Lovato a kiss. The singer posted the same snap along with another laughing with their fiancé. "Falling more and more in love everyday with you honey," they wrote. Photo by Brian Bonifassi
August 2020
Ehrich raved over Lovato while celebrating their birthday. “Words fall short baby,” he wrote via Instagram. “You light up this world & i am the luckiest man alive to call you my fiancé [sic]. I keep falling more in love with you & your pure heart & soul every moment. Can’t wait to make endless memories with u & forever cherish you with all my heart. Happy 28th, my angel @ddlovato.”  Courtesy of Max Ehrich/Instagram
September 2020
Lovato shared that they are reevaluating their views on body image after an enlightening conversation with Ehrich. The "Confident" singer posted a screenshot from a text message exchange with their fiancé in which they sent him a pic while getting their hair done, writing, “I love you and ignore my double chin.” Ehrich replied, “I love every part of you baby.” The Sonny With a Chance alum captioned the post, “Don’t mind me — just still reprogramming my thinking around body image with the most loving fiance @maxehrich. Courtesy Demi Lovato/Instagram (2)
September 2020
Lovato celebrated the pair’s six-month anniversary with a sweet Instagram Story tribute. “Happy 6 months to my darling, the best father these pups could ever ask for,” they wrote. “I love you BEYOND. Thank you for making my life so much better @maxehrich 💖💖💖 I love you baby 💞💞💞.”  Ehrich reshared Lovato’s post to his own Instagram Story, writing: “Words fall short, baby. Love you infinitely & then some. Thank you for being the light of my life. ❤️  Cheers to forever 💍.” Courtesy of Demi Lovato/Instagram
September 2020
Lovato admitted that they fell in love with Ehrich on the first night they met him. “I was set to have my comeback this year after, you know, being out of the spotlight for a while. And, things didn't really go according to plan, but like I said, everything is about timing allowed,” Lovato explained during a virtual interview with SiriusXM. “God, it allowed my fiancé to come into my life. … We were able to share this time together that we wouldn't have normally gotten to spend.” The “Sorry Not Sorry” singer said that the pair’s relationship “accelerated” pretty quickly, adding: “I’m really, really blessed, really fortunate and continuing to count my blessings every day.” “I knew I loved him the night I met him,” they added. “So a week later we went into quarantine. I was like, ‘Look, we’re quarantining together cause I love you.’” Courtesy of Demi Lovato/Instagram
September 2020
Lovato shut down claims that Ehrich was gushing over her former pal Selena Gomez and shading the Grammy nominee in old tweets. “It’s really sad when people FAKE images to put women against each other,” the “OK Not to Be OK” singer said in her Instagram Stories. “If women have conflict, that’s between them NOT YOU.” The Camp Rock actress added that “it’s easier to tear apart celebrities and their relationships because 2020 sucks and scares the s—t out of us all, but it’s only gonna stay terrifying until we address it all and WORK ON SOLUTIONS TOGETHER.” Shutterstock (3)
September 2020
"The thing is with the pandemic, it’s, like, on one hand, I would love to elope because my life is so public, and I want to keep it sacred between me and him,” Lovato told PopCrush Nights hosts Kayla Thomas and Matt Ryan in September 2020. “On the other hand, I want my friends and family to be there for a celebration, but I can't do that until the pandemic's over because it's not safe.” The former Disney Channel star continued to tease a possible elopement and hinted at what she will wear when she walks down the aisle. “So, it's like, what do we — do we [elope] in the meantime and then do [a big wedding ceremony] later?” she said. “It's all this planning. But I have my image for what I would want it to be if I got to do a big celebration and I don't want to give it away but it's definitely not a white dress." Courtesy of Max Ehrich/Instagram
September 2020
On September 24, Us Weekly confirmed that the pair's romance had ended, and the duo called off the engagement. Courtesy of Demi Lovato/Instagram
November 2020
While hosting the 2020 People’s Choice Awards, Lovato made a joke about their broken engagement. “Honestly, this year has been the longest three years of my life. Don’t get me wrong, it started out amazing. I performed at the Grammys and sung the National Anthem at the Super Bowl. But then COVID hit, and everything shut down. So, I did what everyone else did: I went into lockdown mode, and got engaged,” they shared. “Got into painting, photography, meditation, tested the limits of Postmates Unlimited.” The “Commander in Chief” singer continued, “I also didn’t know this could happen, but I reached the end of Instagram four times. I binged seven seasons of Pretty Little Liars, got unengaged and then I went looking for aliens in the desert. So, basically the same as everyone else.” Christopher Polk/E! Entertainment
January 2022
The exes seemingly threw shade at one another with a series of cryptic Instagram messages. Lovato, for their part, subtly wrote, “My vibrator’s better” after an Instagram account asked its followers to describe their last relationship in three words. Several days later, Ehrich shared a shirtless snap onto his social media page, captioning it, "I never have complaints.” While the twosome have not directly addressed their messages further, social media users noted that it seemed shady. Courtesy Max Ehrich/Instagram


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/2Y7vl89

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono