Skip to main content

Nikki Glaser Records Song for 'The World's Friend' Bob Saget

Remembering a legend. Following the death of comedian Bob Saget at age 65, many of his former costars and friends paid tribute and shared their condolences.

“Just heard the news. Devastated. I’m going to miss you, my friend,” Tom Bergeron tweeted on Sunday, January 9, sharing a clip of the pair discussing their careers. “For my very last @AFVofficial, I asked my friend for a special favor. He said yes. I’m forever grateful.”

Both Bergeron, 66, and Saget had previously hosted America’s Funniest Home Videos in their careers.

“We are saddened to hear about the passing of the great @bobsaget. Our thoughts are with his friends and family at this time,” the official AFV Twitter page wrote on Sunday.

Shortly after, other stars opened up about Saget’s warm heart and their history with the late comic.

“He had the biggest heart and wore it on his sleeve. He was so generous with his feelings. A mensch,” Andy Cohen tweeted on Sunday after learning the news.

Tom Green, another comic, tweeted: “I am extremely saddened to just hear of the passing of my friend Bob Saget.  You were always hilarious and kind.  You made my life and so many other people’s lives better Bob. Rest In Peace.”

Several of Saget’s former costars also reacted to the news via social media.

“Oh god. Bob Saget!!! The loveliest man. I was his TV daughter for one season and he was always so kind and protective. So so sorry for his family,” Kat Dennings, who acted opposite the star in 2001’s Raising Dad sitcom, tweeted on Sunday night.

In the one-season comedy, the Pennsylvania native played widowed father Matt Stewart who was working to raise his two daughters (Dennings and Brie Larson, respectively) with the help of his live-in father, played by Jerry Adler.

“I went, ‘Oh, man. I don’t know,'” Saget told Deseret News in September 2001 about taking on another single father role after the finale of Full House. “But then I read it, and I really liked it a lot. And even though it was stuff that I invested in before, I wanted to do it. “I’m not going to be doing Danny Tanner. He’s not needy. He doesn’t hug people a lot. He listens to brand-new music. He’s edgy.”

Saget, who was best known for his role of Danny Tanner on Full House and its Fuller House revival, was found dead at the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando, Florida, on Sunday. He had been in Florida to perform at a comedy showcase on Saturday, January 8.

Orange County Sheriff’s Office confirmed his death via Twitter.

“Earlier today, deputies were called to the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes for a call about an unresponsive man in a hotel room,” the tweet read. “The man was identified as Robert Saget & pronounced deceased on scene. Detectives found no signs of foul play or drug use in this case.”

Saget, in addition to his role as the Full House patriarch, had featured roles in the likes of Entourage, How I Met Your MotherMeet Wally Sparks and Madagascar.

Scroll below for more reactions to Saget’s death:


Nikki Glaser
The comedian wrote “a song about the world’s friend, Bob Saget,” she announced on January 15. “I was recording a bunch of songs last week that my friend @mattpondpa wrote for me. It was just for fun and to see if I could do it and I didn’t intend to release anything because I’m so new to this, but then Monday happened and this song materialized and I’m proud of it,” she wrote via Instagram. “The king of fatherhood / Someone to trust,” Glaser sings. “When I was down / You brought me up / Hanging out with you / Full of life and beautiful.” Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock
Juliet Angus
“You can get lucky to have good people come into your life to help shape who you become. To make you better, for your next chapter, a better friend, wife, mother. Bob did that,” the Ladies of London alum, who dated Saget during her 20s, wrote via Instagram on January 12. “May angels be near you old friend and may they be laughing. My thoughts to his wife, children, friends, family and their broken hearts. 💔.” Marcus Dawes/Shutterstock
Steve Harvey
The Family Feud host called Saget “a great dude” on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on January 10, explaining, “The dude that you see on TV, that is not who that was. The father on Full House, now this is a different dude offstage. We both were. When we would see each other off stage, we would cuss each other out. You know, he was an interesting guy.” Courtesy of Paul R Giunta/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Robin Thicke
The singer was “heartbroken” by Saget’s passing, writing via Instagram on January 10: “Bob Saget was a close friend to our family for over 30 years. He was there at my fathers wedding and funeral. He was groomsman at my uncle Todd’s wedding. He was the kindest, most gentle soul. Forever loved. I know my Dad is there to welcome him in Heaven with a joke and a hug. We love you @bobsaget.” Courtesy of Robin Thicke/Instagram
Abby Huntsman
“Was sitting down with Bob Saget tomorrow for I WISH SOMEBODY TOLD ME and couldn’t wait to hear his life story in his own words,” the former View cohost tweeted on January 10. “Still in shock about his passing. He will always be America’s favorite dad.” Courtesy of Abby Huntsman/Instagram
Jerry Ferrara
“It had been a while since I saw Bob Saget,” the Entourage alum wrote via Instagram on January 10. “Ran into him at ABC studio in NYC. Just had my first son a month ago and was still in a daze. We had a great talk and he of course made me laugh and got in a joke. That’s how it was with him. Any run in or hang out or meal he always made you laugh and always left you feeling better than you felt before.” Ferrara went on to write, “I still remember his first day on Entourage when he showed up at our front door. From moment one he was ON FIRE. The handshake at the end of that scene sealed the deal. He was gonna be around for awhile on the show. One of my all time favorite cameos and one of my all time favorite people. So sorry to his loved ones. Truly sucks.” Courtesy of Jerry Ferrara/Instagram
Hilary Duff
"No no no how could this be?" the How I Met Your Father star wrote via Instagram Stories. "Oh, thanks for everything Bob. Rest easy." Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Natasha Bure
Candace Cameron Bure's daughter called Saget “a man with the biggest heart of them all” in an Instagram post, writing, “There was truly no one like him. Endless gratitude forever for the kindness and laughter you brought to everyone’s lives. Rest In Peace Bob. We love you so much.” Stewart Cook/Shutterstock
Jana Kramer
“Was lucky to have met Bob and was honored to be a friend,” the One Tree Hill alum captioned an Instagram Story photo. “Thanks for the laughs. Sending so much love and prayers to my friend @eattravelrock.” Paul A Hebert/Shutterstock
Ashley Iaconetti
“I was just talking to my mom yesterday about how much I appreciate Danny Tanner’s fatherly warmth,” the Bachelor in Paradise alum captioned an Instagram Story upload. “Full House was my first favorite show. I still remember the first night I watched it. I was 4 years old trying to scheme my mom into letting me stay up 30 minutes later. A couple years later on the night of the series finale, my mom was so worried to tell me it was the last episode. I wailed.” Image Press Agency/NurPhoto/Shutterstock
Colton Underwood
“Rest in Peace,” the Coming Out Colton star shared a selfie of the duo via Instagram Story on Sunday. Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Pete Davidson
“I don’t have social media so I asked Dave if he could post this for me,” the Saturday Night Live star penned a message posted via Dave Sirus’ Instagram. “Just wanted you guys to know that Bob Saget was one of the nicest men on the planet. When I was younger and several times throughout our friendship he helped me get through some rough mental health stuff. He stayed on the phone for hours trying to help in any way he can — connecting us with doctors and new things we can try. He would check in on me and make sure I was OK.” He continued: “I love you Bob, it was an honor to know you. Thank you for your kindness and friendship. My condolences to the family.” Kristina Bumphrey/StarPix/Shutterstock
Penn Jillette
“F—k! Saget would have wanted something tweeted that was really funny and in very bad taste. I can’t do that. I’m just so sad,” the Penn and Teller: Fool Us star tweeted. "Bob was just great on every level and we will all miss him. Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock
Marc Maron
“Oh no. RIP Bob Saget. Truly one of the nicest guys and so funny. Very sad,” Maron wrote. Steve Cohn/Shutterstock
Tom Green
“I am extremely saddened to just hear of the passing of my friend Bob Saget,” Green noted. “You were always hilarious and kind.  You made my life and so many other people's lives better Bob.” Evan Agostini/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Kat Dennings
“I was his TV daughter for one season and he was always so kind and protective,” the Two Broke Girls alum remembered. Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Dane Cook
“I wanna share the voice texts I'm listening to that we were leaving each other this week,” Cook tweeted. “I’m laughing and crying. Im beyond sad. I can not believe this. I loved you Sag. We all did.” Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
George Lopez
“Devastating news,” the George Lopez Show alum retweeted Saget’s last tweet, which promoted his Jacksonville, Florida, special. Kcr/Shutterstock
Meghan McCain
“Life is precious and fragile. I’m just so deeply sorry for your pain and loss Kelly @eattravelrock,” the former View cohost wrote alongside a photo with the late star. “He was always one of my favorites.” Jim Smeal/BEI/Shutterstock
Jon Stewart
“Bob Saget…Just the funniest and nicest,” the former Daily Show host tweeted. MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Andy Cohen
“He had the biggest heart and wore it on his sleeve. He was so generous with his feelings. A mensch,” Cohen tweeted. MJ Photos/Shutterstock
Mario Lopez
“Wow. RIP Bob Saget,” the Saved By the Bell alum tweeted alongside a photo of the duo. Rob Latour/Shutterstock
Whitney Cummings
“My heart is broken,” she tweeted, sharing a screenshot of the pair’s last text exchange. “Saget, thank you for being the warmest, most accepting, relentlessly kind and hilarious person. I never heard you say a bad word about anyone unless it was a brilliant roast joke, where even your target was in tears.” Broadimage/Shutterstock
Julian Edelman
“We lost a giant today,” the NFL star tweeted a clip of the Full House theme song. Broadimage/Shutterstock
JoAnna Garcia Swisher
“Bob, there are so many wonderful ways to describe you. Adoring father, wickedly funny, so, so kind. And you were one hell of a friend to your people. Rest In Peace,” the Sweet Magnolias star wrote on Sunday. Stewart Cook/Shutterstock
Whoopi Goldberg
“Sail on my friend Bob Saget With your huge heart and abject lunacy, my condolences to his daughters & other family,” the Sister Act star tweeted. AFFI/Shutterstock
Norman Lear
“Bob Saget was as lovely a human as he was funny,” Lear wrote. “And to my mind, he was hilarious. We were close friends and I could not have loved him more.” Eric Charbonneau/Shutterstock
Tom Bergeron
“Just heard the news. Devastated. I’m going to miss you, my friend,” the former AFV host wrote, sharing a clip of the pair discussing their careers. “For my very last @AFVofficial, I asked my friend for a special favor. He said yes. I’m forever grateful.” Broadimage/Shutterstock
George Takei
“Deeply saddened to learn of the untimely passing of comedian Bob Saget. Beloved by millions as America’s Dad, he was a regular presence in our living rooms, bringing to us the funniest videos and countless belly laughs,” the Star Trek alum tweeted. “Gone too soon, like so many of the brightest souls. PinPep/Shutterstock
Gilbert Gottfried
“Still in shock. I just spoke with Bob a few days ago. We stayed on the phone as usual making each other laugh,” he recalled. “RIP to friend, comedian & fellow Aristocrat Bob Saget.” Andrew H Walker/Shutterstock
Jason Alexander
“I know that people lose loved ones, good people, every day. No one gets a pass. But the loss of Bob Saget hits deep,” the Seinfeld alum wrote on Sunday. "If you didn’t know him, he was kind and dear and cared about people deeply. He was the definition of ‘a good egg.’ Too soon he leaves.” Kristina Bumphrey/Starpix/Shutterstock


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/3ndyArR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono