Skip to main content

Everything Love Is Blind's Danielle and Nick Have Said About Their Split

Moving on. While Danielle Ruhl and Nick Thompson may not have found long-lasting love in the pods, the Love Is Blind alums have tried to navigate their split with mutual respect.

“We were very amicable and civil at first and that’s why people were confused with some of the back and forth that happened but going through the divorce process added even more stress and it’s tough on both of us,” Ruhl said during an emotional Instagram Story video in October 2022.

The Illinois native added at the time: “When we decided to separate, it was a mutual decision, like, we talked about it [and it] wasn’t just a spur-of-the-moment thing, even though it seems like that. We tried really hard, and again, we were just like, ‘You know what? I think it is in our best interest and I need to get out of the what if mode because hindsight’s 20/20.’ It’s tough.”

Ruhl and Thompson were one of two couples to say “I Do” at the end of the Netflix show’s second season — alongside Iyanna McNeely and Jarrette Jones, who have also since separated. Shortly after celebrating their first wedding anniversary, Us Weekly confirmed in August 2022 that the associate marketing director had filed for divorce.

“It really did come down to just personality compatibility differences,” Ruhl explained during her social media video that October, noting that neither she nor her former spouse had cheated on the other. “I think that’s what makes it even harder because you do live in this, at least for me, I kind of live in this state of denial where it’s like, ‘But we love each other.’ You can still love each other and still try your best to move on. It’s hard, it’s very hard.”

The “Conversations with Nick Thompson” podcast host has been equally emotional about navigating his new normal following their breakup.

“The last few weeks have been especially challenging for me,” he wrote in part via Instagram in September 2022. “Like many of us going through a loss or life-altering event, we experience cycles of grief while we navigate our emotions. Everyone perceives and experiences grief differently when a relationship ends, let alone the loss of a marriage in the public eye.”

While Ruhl and Thompson have been focused on moving forward, their Love Is Blind costars have seen how difficult their divorce process has been.

“[Danielle and Iyanna are] doing very, very well,” Natalie Lee — who was briefly engaged to Shayne Jansen during season 2 — exclusively told Us in September 2022, also referring to McNeely and Jones’ own split that August. “I think that they truly had real love for each other, like in those relationships, so I know that those the decisions that they had to make were very, very tough and we felt it as their friends. I think though, you know, as friends we hope that it would work out, but we completely respect and understand why it didn’t.”

Scroll below for Ruhl and Thompson’s most candid quotes about their breakup:


A Lot of Tears
“It’s funny when people are like, ‘How are you so happy?'” Ruhl said in a September 2022 Instagram Story video. “Would you rather have me post an Instagram Live of me crying for eight hours straight, because I can do that if you want [me] to! That’s my reality.” Courtesy of Netflix
Breaking His Silence
“Everyone perceives and experiences grief differently when a relationship ends, let alone the loss of a marriage in the public eye,” Thompson admitted about the dissolution of his marriage in September 2022. “I’m working through my own mental and emotional challenges to overcome feelings of anxiety and depression. Most importantly, I’ve learned it’s okay to not be okay and that staying true to myself is essential to find my way forward." Adam Rose/Netflix
Feeling ‘Inadequate’
Shortly after Thompson shared a message about his mental health struggles, his estranged wife shared a seemingly pointed cryptic message about insecurities. “Don’t let anyone, especially a partner make you feel inadequate with your strengths and worse about your struggles,” she wrote later that September. “The fact ‘someone’ is interacting with and amping up the conversations that negatively talk about my mental health — and pretending to be an advocate or care ‘publicly’ is incredibly disappointing. You feel comfortable opening up about topics and events never discussed with friends or family just to have them used against u daily. And now publicly for self gain.” Courtesy of Netflix
Preventing a ‘Bloodbath’
In October 2022, Ruhl learned that her ex was planning to “talk s—t” about her and her Love Is Blind pals via Instagram Live. “Like, do you want me to do the same thing? Like, I don’t want this to be some sort of bloodbath. Goddamn!” she said via her Instagram Story, noting she was “upset” because Thompson had told her he wanted to handle their split amicably. “That came as a shock to me when I was told it.” Courtesy of Netflix
Why They Split
Ruhl revealed in an October 2022 social media video that their split was a mutual decision following “personality compatibility differences.” “I think you can be in a relationship and truly love someone and still know it’s not necessarily right for you, especially when it’s a lifelong partner,” she admitted. “And that’s what makes it 10 times sadder because I live in this world where it’s like, ’What if the show didn’t air as soon as it did? What if we didn’t have as many external factors that were adding stress to our lives?’ But the way that we dealt with that stress was very different — not to say that one person dealt with it better than the other, but there’s going to be stressors that continue to happen.” Courtesy of Netflix
Not on Speaking Terms
Thompson told Us in October 2022 that he and Ruhl aren't speaking after their back-and-forth social media drama. "For my own mental health and healing, I had to create a boundary with her that I'm not engaging anymore," he explained. "I'm choosing to leave the past behind me and focus on all the stuff I have going on. I don't wanna live in the past. I don't want to be in any kind of position where I'm having to defend myself." He added that he never planned to do an Instagram Live about his ex or anyone else from Love Is Blind. "I know that hurt people hurt people, and I know that this is really hard," he told Us. "My heart hurts when I see that stuff, because I don't know who said I was gonna do an Instagram. If you follow me on social media, I don't talk about the show. I don't talk about the cast. All I'm talking about is things that matter to me and my journey, because I hope that maybe someone can learn something from it, or I can help someone in their moment by seeing me go through mine." John Salangsang/Shutterstock
‘Caught Up in a Fairy Tale’
“I think we both got caught up in this fairy tale and got married before we should have and there wasn't an ‘a-ha’ moment at first because the changes were very subtle and I kept telling myself we're stressed and everything's going to revert back to who he was or the relationship I thought that was,” Ruhl said during an October 2022 appearance on the “Deux Me After Dark” podcast. “I just realized he wasn't necessarily someone I needed as a partner or someone in my life and we really were not compatible and a lot of that was in some pretty fundamental ways and I felt myself slowly changing to fit into an idea of who somebody else wanted me to be.” Courtesy of Danielle Ruhl/Instagram


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/CXDwb7B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their