Skip to main content

Tarek El Moussa and Heather Rae Young Will Televise Their Upcoming Wedding

Going to the chapel! After first being linked in July 2019, Tarek El Moussa and Heather Rae Young have embarked on a whirlwind romance that has prepared them for their upcoming walk down the aisle.

The twosome originally found themselves crossing paths when they were boating on the 4th of July in California. One month later, the Flip or Flop star made their relationship Instagram official with a sweet message.

“I’ll be honest and say I never thought I would meet someone special in my life after the last three years. Then … out of the blue @heatherraeyoung walked into my life,” he wrote in August 2019. “The first time I saw her smile she ‘did that thing to my tummy’ and I knew right away I needed to get to know her … so I asked her out!! She said yes 😎 .”

El Moussa continued, “In life, you can’t predict the future! I couldn’t predict [my] divorce! I couldn’t predict two cancers! I couldn’t predict my back injury! You just never know what tomorrow brings. I just want to let the world know I met someone special that makes me want to be a better man.”

That same month, the realtor revealed to Us Weekly that she thought her boyfriend, who was previously married to Christina Haack from 2009 to 2018, was The One.

“We are just really, really happy,” she shared with Us at the time. “He has all the qualities that I would want in someone. I think we just need to spend more time together before we can make that decision.”

Their relationship continued to get more serious as they spent the holidays together and then moved in with one another the following year. On their one-year anniversary, El Moussa proposed to Young, which she later admitted she was waiting for.

“I knew it was gonna come eventually because we talked about marriage,” she said on her “Flashbacks With Jessica Hall and Heather Young” podcast that same month. “We looked at rings like three months in. Nothing serious, but we went and looked.”

One month later, El Moussa detailed how the proposal took him about “three months” to make happen.

“It was just so perfect because I had the whole weekend planned. Production was there, and she had no idea I was going to ask the question,” he exclusively told Us in September 2020. “And even when I got down on a knee and asked her to marry me, I had everybody hiding in tents. So it was all just us out there and it was private, and it was just beautiful.”

The duo has since been focused on planning their special day, but hit a bump in the road during the summer of 2021.

“Tarek and I are the kind of people who want a big celebration with our closest friends and family but we also want it to feel really intimate and be about our love and our marriage,” the Netflix personality noted via Instagram in August. “This is a big day for us and for our family and we don’t take that lightly. All I can say is that I’m so lucky to have someone who’s on the same page as me and I think we’re both just ready for the day to finally come 🤗🤍

El Moussa opened up about looking to surprise his fiancée during the process.

“Heather thought we were already locked into the initial location but little did she know I was pulling some strings, working some magic, and was able to surprise her by securing our dream spot,” he wrote via Instagram in August.

The HGTV star added: “Now being able to see everything come together yesterday was honestly amazing. Heather and I have always been on the same page about the wedding since day one- we want it to be a really fun celebration but we also want it to be special and a celebration about us spending the rest of our lives with each other and as a family. There’s nothing more important than her and our family and we can’t wait for the day to reflect and celebrate that. Ready to #fliphername !!🙏♥.”

Scroll down for more details on what El Moussa and Young have teased about their wedding day:


Keeping it Private

Following their one-of-a-kind engagement, the Tarek's Flip Side star admitted that their wedding may not be documented on camera.

“We’re thinking about not shooting the wedding — just ‘cause, you know, it’s such a special day,” he exclusively told Us in September 2020. “I mean, if there was a way to shoot it and act like [the cameras were] not there, I’m sure we would do it, but I don’t know if that’s a possibility. It’s a real special day for us.”

El Moussa also noted that it was very important to the couple to have his children in attendance. He shares daughter Taylor (born in 2010) and son Brayden (born in 2015) with his ex-wife.

“It’s important for us to involve the kids in the wedding ‘cause we’re a family and Heather has really, really come into our lives and created a family for us,” he told Us about his two kids with ex Haack. “And we just adore her.”

Courtesy Heather Rae Young/Instagram
Limiting the Guest List

El Moussa revealed that the duo had a "no exes at the wedding" rule in place for their upcoming nuptials.

“Small [ceremony], less distractions, more intimate, better conversations with the people around us. You know, we just think smaller is better," he told Entertainment Tonight in October 2020.

Young added, “Just intimate, with our best friends and family. We’re gonna have to be strict with our list.”

The pair also teased that their location had been narrowed down to Cabo or California.

"We don’t know where it’s gonna be, but it’s gonna be one of those places,” Young said to ET.

 

Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock
Big Decisions

While discussing her wedding plans during a December 2020 episode of the "Not Skinny But Not Fat" podcast, the Selling Sunset star revealed that she was going to change her name after getting married.

"I'm going to be Heather Rae El Moussa. I'm going to drop my last name," Young shared. "It might just be Heather El Moussa. We don't know yet."

 

Courtesy Heather Rae Young/Instagram
Bringing in Some Assistance

Young took to social media to share her excitement about her wedding coming up "so soon" now that they had some extra people helping plan the day.

"It’s all happening and what’s crazy is that I’m actually calm and relaxed about it. Tarek and I are on the same page with everything we want and everything else we’ve left up to our amazing wedding planners. 🙌🏻 We’re just excited to spend the rest of our lives together and that’s really what we want the whole day to be celebrating," she wrote via Instagram in August 2021.

Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock
Taking a Step Back

In August, the Netflix personality got honest about how preparing something so important can become overwhelming along the way.

"Spent the whole day wedding planning and it just made me so excited for our special day 🥰🤍 . I haven’t fully shared this but in the beginning, Tarek and I hired a wedding planner, sent out our save the dates, and then after rethinking some things we decided to completely change everything. 😅," she revealed via Instagram at the time.

After deciding to listen to her fiancé about taking a break, the couple found themselves even more excited about their wedding.

"Tarek saw how stressed I was getting so we decided to go in a different direction with the wedding planner, hired a new one, changed the wedding location, and sent out new save the dates that said 'just kidding' on them 😂 but I’m a biggg believer that everything works out the way it should and after seeing so much of our vision come together today we couldn’t be happier," Young detailed.

In response to her post, El Moussa supported Young in the comments by referring to her as his "everything ❤️❤️❤️."

 

David Buchan/Shutterstock
Focusing on What Is Most Important

"Yesterday @heatherraeyoung and I got our first sneak peak of what our wedding will look like… and of course I was looking at all the details and all the designs but really all I could think was how lucky I am to be marrying the love of my life. 🙏 ," the Flip or Flop star captioned a video via Instagram in August.

The clip showed the couple choosing items and looking at a setup for their reception.

 

Courtesy Heather Rae Young/Instagram
Over Budget

During an appearance on E!'s Daily Pop, El Moussa revealed the pair are "over budget" for their wedding day, adding that his bride-to-be's taste is "more expensive than any female I've ever met." He added in September, "Heather's been a rock star. I don't know how she's juggling everything," he gushed. "She's juggling the wedding, filming, the kids, planning the party, planning the wedding, planning the honeymoon."

Courtesy of Tarek El Moussa/Instagram
The Honeymoon

The pair will spend two weeks in the Maldives after their October wedding, El Moussa revealed to E!'s Daily Pop in September. "We got a house on slits on the water for 10 days and then we fly to Dubai," he said. "We spend a few days in Dubai and then fly home."

Courtesy of Tarek El Moussa/Instagram
The Big Day

In September 2021, El Moussa gushed about the moment when he will get to see Young walk down the aisle to him.

"I'm just going to feel like my life is changing. I honestly, I can't wait for the moment to say 'I do' because I know the second I say that the calm is going to come over me," the HGTV star exclusively told Us. "I'm going to be married and I'm going to focus on the rest of my life with my beautiful bride and my kids.”

El Moussa also revealed that they were working on making sure that fans would get to see their nuptials.
"We are going to be doing a wedding special. This was actually a big decision for us because I've been on TV for 10 years," he added at the time. "I've been around for a while, but so initially it was no, but then as more time went on, obviously we're talking with the networks and people have followed our story around the world. It's almost, like, we feel like we owe it to them to show them our marriage happening."

Courtesy of Tarek El Moussa/Instagram


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/37AesYX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono