Skip to main content

Everything Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Have Said About Their Relationship

Head over heels. Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden don’t open up about their marriage often, but when they do, they gush about each other.

Us Weekly broke the news in May 2014 that the Holiday star and the Good Charlotte rocker started seeing each other after his sister-in-law Nicole Richie introduced the pair. After less than a year of dating, Us confirmed that they were set to wed.

“Everyone thinks it’s wild but are so happy for them. Benji always tends to fall in love easily, but this time it’s for real and he landed a great girl,” a source told Us at the time. “They obviously both make each other incredibly happy and there’s nothing better than that.”

The couple exchanged vows on January 5, 2015.

“[Marriage] was the biggest thing I’ve done in my 40s, and it opened me up in different ways,” Diaz told Harper’s Bazaar in May 2016. “It’s pretty awesome. I didn’t think it was something I’d do, and I don’t know if I’d have done it if I hadn’t met my husband. It was a surprise.”

After they wed, Diaz took a step back from her career, opting for a more low-key life in Beverly Hills with Madden.

“She feels she spent so many years working a grueling schedule,” a source told Us in July 2019, noting that The Longevity Book author is “very fulfilled in her life” and “very happy being away from acting.”

The source aded: “She just wants to have a slow pace and normal routine now. She’s loving this time in her life.”

Madden, for his part, continues to perform with twin brother Joel Madden.

“We are both just weird enough for each other,” Diaz told said during Goop’s Wellness Summit in June 2017. “We women are objectified so much. Somehow my husband has just been able to kind of show me what it’s like not to have that be a part of a relationship, and being an equal. I never experienced that before. I’d never been loved in that way. I look at him every day and he inspires me — he works so hard. I feel so lucky.”

In January, the couple revealed that they had welcomed their first child.

Scroll through to read Diaz and Madden’s best quotes about their marriage:


How They Met

"I knew Nicole and Joel for a couple years before I met Benji,” the actress told Andy Cohen on Radio Andy in April 2016. “They were over for a barbecue and Joel said, 'Hey, can my brother come over?’ And I said, ‘Of course, this is family.’ And then [Benji] walked in the door and I was like, ‘You!’” 

MEGA
Luckiest Guy

The musician referred to himself as the “luckiest guy alive” on Diaz’s 45th birthday in August 2017. “I don’t think anyone could ever know the Depth, Kindness, and Compassion that I get to experience everyday thanks to My One and Only – You got me til the end baby,” he wrote via Instagram. 

Broadimage/Shutterstock
No One Compares

While Cohen wanted to discuss Diaz’s famous exes, including Justin Timberlake, Matt Dillon and Alex Rodriguez,the Other Woman actress said “no one compares” to Madden.

“Everything else just washes and slips away,” she explained in April 2016. “You realize, ‘Oh, right, this is what the real thing is. This is what real love is. This is what real commitment and devotion is. This is the person you build your life with.’ … And I know that this is special.”

MEGA
Fiercely Protective

The Charlie’s Angels star gushed about Madden when she shared a clip of him performing in July 2016.

“One of my favorite things about being married, is how much pride I take in my husband @benjaminmadden…,” she wrote via Instagram. “He makes me proud every day. … One day it might be how generous and giving, another how gentle and thoughtful. Or when he is fiercely protective of the people he loves and cares about. … And everyday single day I am so incredibly proud of his integrity as a human being.”

Diaz added that Good Charlotte’s 2016 album, Youth Authority, “is so damn GOOOOOOOOOD.”

“Its so full of love and hope and truth … about forging and holding onto love. … I wish that everyone could write music to express their pain.. their fears… their hopes and dreams,” she explained. “Baby you amaze me … CONGRATS!!”

MEGA
So Proud

Madden has made it clear that he is also so proud of Diaz.

"I'm extremely proud of what she uses her platform for. She just released The Longevity Book, and before that she had The Body Book, and she spent thousands of dollars doing all the research, to get information to share with women who don't necessarily have the resources to get that information. She's a modern-day feminist,” he told Newsweek in July 2016. “She wants to change the conversation that's being had about women and ageing. With The Body Book, she wanted to share all this information she has gathered over the years with women so they can live happy, pain-free lives.”

He added: "I'm proud of her because of what a light she is in a world where it would be so much easier to use that stage to promote products. But she's using that platform she has to share positivity. It's been one of the most inspirational things in my life watching a woman be so courageous… She's got so much integrity. I'm a lucky guy that I get to experience that."

Shutterstock (2)
Double-Edged Sword

“Someone asked me, ‘What’s your favorite thing about being married?’ And I was like, ‘Well, I just learned so much about myself. I didn’t know these things.’ And I was like, ‘I would have never known them if I didn’t meet my husband, who helped me,’” the Annie star said on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in May 2016. “I learned all these things about myself that I wish I never learned about myself and I wouldn’t have known them if I didn’t get married. So it’s like this double-edged sword. But I’m just so grateful for it because I couldn’t do it without my husband and I couldn’t do it with anybody else except for him.”

Shutterstock (2)
Journey of Marriage

So many things that make me so proud of you and how special you are🌹Thank you for being the best friend and partner to me and taking this journey of Marriage,” Madden wrote in August 2018 via Instagram. “The way you live your life everyday, and your compassion for the world shines thru in your eyes and you inspire me to want to be the best man I can be in this lifetime. You’re the realest. I’m so grateful to be yours Always&Forever, and to call you my One&Only. True Love ❤️.”

Shutterstock
Best Decision She’s Ever Made

“I just want to build better, stronger friendships with the people who are in it with me. Of course, that includes my husband,” Diaz told InStyle in August 2019. “Getting married to him was the best thing that ever happened to me. My husband’s the best. He’s the greatest human being, and he’s my great partner. Marriage is certainly hard, and it’s a lot of work. You need somebody who’s willing to do the work with you, because there’s no 60-40 in marriage. It’s 50-50 period. All the time.”

She continued: “I don’t know if I was ready [when I got married], but I knew Benji was special. He’s just a good man. There’s no bulls-t. It’s really refreshing. I’m grateful for him.”

Shutterstock
Yours Always

Madden sent a sweet message to Diaz on her 47th birthday. “Happy Birthday to My Beautiful Wife❤️❤️❤️You deserve Everything Good that the Universe has to Give,” the rocker wrote in August 2019. “I’m Yours Always Forever ❤️ Many More Baby ❤️.” 

EliotPress/MEGA
Family of Three

On January 2, 2020, the couple revealed on Instagram that they had quietly welcomed their first child together — but did not plan on sharing many details. “We are so happy, blessed and grateful to begin this new decade by announcing the birth of our daughter, Raddix Madden. She has completely captured our hearts and completed our family," the post from the pair read. "While we are overjoyed to share this news, we also feel a strong instinct to protect our little one’s privacy. So we won’t be posting pictures or sharing any more details, other than the fact that she is really really cute!! Some would even say RAD. From our family to all of yours, we’re sending our love and best wishes for a Happy New Year and Happy New Decade."

MEGA
Forever Grateful

Madden posted a tribute to his wife in May 2020 as Diaz celebrated her first Mother's Day. "It's special day for us this year, Forever grateful to my wife for making me a Father, and taking such good care of us everyday," the Good Charlotte guitarist wrote on Instagram. He explained that whether Diaz is "waking up extra early to take care of everyone (3 humans and a dozen animals) or doing all the research and reading to make sure we try our best to be good parents for our daughter, she's a force of nature and I'm very grateful."

"6 years together just get more meaningful and true love each day," he continued. "What a blessing. For me, I think wise to remind ourselves everyday, when we have a rare special person like this in our life, not to be the foolish person who takes it for granted. Fact is, No matter what happens at work, or what the world thinks/says, Cherish the Mothers and you can’t lose. Everything else you’ll be able to figure out- Happy home is worth more than Gold🙏 Thank G-D for Moms."

MEGA
Knowing He Was ‘The One’

While reflecting on her first meeting with her husband, Diaz admitted that she knew right away that Benji was one of a kind.

"But then when I saw him, like who he was, that's what made me really be like, 'Oh you, you're special, you're the guy, you're the hidden gem in my life,'" she gushed during a September 2021 episode of the "Anna Faris Is Unqualified" podcast.

The Charlie's Angels actress also explained that she doesn't find Benji's twin brother, Joel, attractive, even though they look very similar.

"They're not the same, they're so different," she noted. "Even though they're twins, they're very, very different obviously."

Shutterstock (2)


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/2ZU7AB2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono