Skip to main content

Jax Taylor and Brittany Cartwright’s Ups and Downs Over the Years

Jax Taylor and Brittany Cartwright’s love story hasn’t exactly been a fairy tale.

The SUR bartender met Cartwright in between seasons 3 and 4 of Vanderpump Rules in the spring of 2015.

“We met in Vegas. He fell in love with me at first sight,” she recalled during an interview with Bravo in 2017. “He was with another girl, I stole him away and we’ve been together ever since.”

Fans watched the former Hooters server move to Los Angeles to be with Taylor during season 4 of the reality series. While she quickly befriended the cast, their relationship was at the center of the drama after Taylor cheated on Cartwright with former SURver Faith Stowers in between seasons 5 and 6.

“I just kind of fell into a deep hole and that happens out here sometimes. You get sucked into this lifestyle,” Taylor told Us Weekly in November 2018 about his indiscretion. “I hate to use [my father’s death] as an excuse to pick myself up, [but] I don’t think I would have done it unless something happened, something traumatic needed to happen in my life, and it just so happens it was my father. He was kind of that turning point for me to be like, ‘Enough’s enough.’ I just felt like my dad kind of took my body over and was like, ‘This is how you’re going to live the rest of your life the way I think you should live it.’ I’m living my every day — from now until I die — how my dad would live his life.”

Less than a year after the cheating scandal, Taylor proposed in Malibu.

“I see him every single day making efforts and he’s completely changed the way he treats me, the way he talks to me, the way he listens to me. Every single thing about our relationship is better,” Cartwright told Us about learning to trust Taylor again. “I know how much he’s wanting the wedding and how much he’s wanting to marry me, how much effort he’s putting into the wedding, just as much as me. I don’t know, whenever you know somebody as well as I know Jax, you can just tell.”

The twosome exchanged vows in June 2019, but the drama hasn’t stopped. Scroll through for a timeline of their ups and downs:


2015

The twosome met at Gold Spike Lounge in Las Vegas. “The place it all started! @caramarietabor and I met @musickillskate, and then @mrjaxtaylor swooped in and got my number at the bar. Lol memories!” Cartwright recalled in January 2019 via Instagram.

 

Courtesy of Brittany Cartwright/Instagram
2016

While fans met Cartwright during season 4 of Vanderpump Rules, they got to know the Kentucky native even better when she and Taylor landed their own spinoff: Jax and Brittany: Take Kentucky. The first and only season taped in 2016 and aired in 2017.

 

Tommy Garcia/Bravo
2017

During the season 6 premiere of Vanderpump Rules, Cartwright learned of Taylor’s affair with Stowers. The former SURver later claimed to Us that Taylor insisted his relationship with Cartwright was “totally done” at the time of the hookup.

 

Milla Cochran/startraksphoto.com; Inset: Tony DiMaio/startraksphoto.com
2017

Cartwright and Taylor briefly split while dealing with the fallout of his affair with Stowers.

 

“I’m just, like, really unhappy. I’ve been unhappy for such a long time … This has 150 million percent nothing to do with you,” he told her during season 6 of the Bravo show. “I am not good at relationships. You deserve a lot better than me. I just don’t think we should be together anymore.”

AP/Shutterstock
2017

While Cartwright and Taylor’s relationship was rocky during the summer and fall of 2017, they confirmed they were 100 percent back on in December 2017. Cartwright was also on hand to help Taylor deal with the death of his father that month.

 

“It is hard, trust me, and there are still days, sometimes, when you can’t help but think of horrible things from the past,” Cartwright told Us at the time. “But for the most part, we’ve moved mountains in this relationship. I feel like we’re almost starting over, but we’ve grown so much. He does things before I even ask him now. Even just helping around the house. I can just tell in our everyday lives that he’s changed.”

 

Chelsea Lauren/Variety/Shutterstock
2018

Taylor popped the question in June 2018. “She said yes!!!” he wrote at the time via Instagram. “I can’t wait for y’all to see how this happened next season!!! I am marrying the woman of my dreams and I could not be happier!! 💍”

 

Courtesy of Jax Taylor/Instagram
2019

A little more than a year after he proposed, Taylor and Cartwright walked down the aisle at a castle in Kentucky. 'NSync singer Lance Bass officiated the nuptials after the couple came under fire for initially picking a pastor who has made offensive remarks against the LGBTQ community in the past.  

 

Gustavo Caballero/Bravo
2019

Two months after they tied the knot, Taylor was spotted sans wedding band in Los Angeles in August 2019. While Cartwright assured Us at the time that things were good between them, fans watched Taylor question if they rushed into their marriage during season 8 of Vanderpump Rules.

 

“I’m thinking about my wedding, it just was so quick,” he told Stassi Schroeder during a May 2020 episode. “Did I do the right thing?”

 

Nicole Weingart/Bravo
2020

Taylor’s affair with Stowers made headlines again in June 2020 when she opened up about being the only black cast member on the show.

 

“I felt like after their friend did something that we both were involved in that he’s done like, a thousand times, they wanted to attack me instead of him. They wanted to attack, attack, attack, attack, attack,” Stowers said at the time via Instagram Live. “I was wrong, I was this, I was that, calling me names, saying my hair was nappy, which is weird coming out of their mouths. …  I was just really, like, confused that they were attacking me and giving him nothing — in my opinion. He got off very, very, very, easy — especially with the things I’ve been told.”

 

Fans subsequently accused Cartwright of being racist toward Stowers, which she denied. Taylor’s old tweets about his former costar also resurfaced, prompting some viewers to call on Bravo to fire him. That same month, Cartwright’s mother was placed in ICU due to serious complications from bladder surgery.

 

“Brittany is beyond overwhelmed. Her mom is in the hospital, in the ICU, and that matters more than anything else. Imagine dealing with that and combating comments calling her a racist, when she is anything but that?” a source told Us. “She’s being hit at all angles. Jax has his flaws, but when it comes to being Brittany’s rock, he has not wavered. He is unconditionally and wholeheartedly there for her, as are her closest friends. She knows she is loved and supported as she navigates through this really difficult time.”

 

Amy Sussman/E! Entertainment
2020

Taylor joined Cartwright in Kentucky for their first wedding anniversary in June 2020.

"Happy 1 year anniversary honey! ❤️❤️,” she gushed via Instagram at the time. "Thank you for making me laugh every single day and for being my best friend. You’re my lobster and I love you to pieces. ❤️"

Gregory Pace/Shutterstock


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/30Q14NV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their