Skip to main content

Kobe Bryant Dead: Dwyane Wade, Chrissy Teigen and More Stars React

Friends, family, fans and fellow players are mourning the death of NBA legend Kobe Bryant.

The former Los Angeles Laker died on Sunday, January 26, in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California.

Bryant was traveling with eight other people on his private helicopter that crashed into a hillside in the Calabasas area around 10 a.m., killing everyone on board. Bryant’s 13-year-old daughter, Gianna, was among the victims. 

Bryant and Gianna, affectionately known as GiGi, were on their way to the Mamba Academy for a basketball practice near Thousand Oaks, California, when the crash occurred.

It is believed that Bryant’s wife, Vanessa Bryant, was not on board the aircraft at the time of the crash, TMZ reported.

The Philadelphia native entered the NBA draft straight from high school and played his entire 20-year career for the Lakers. Kobe solidified his status as a NBA great when he became the youngest player in history to reach 30,000 career points at the age of 34.

During the course of his career, Kobe won five NBA championships and was an 18-time All-Star. He retired from basketball at the age of 37 after playing the 2015-16 season.

Following his retirement, Kobe won the 2018 Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film for Dear Basketball, which he wrote and narrated. He is survived by Vanessa, who he married in 2001, and their three daughters, Natalia, 17, Bianka, 3, and Capri, 7 months.

The Bryant family has received an outpouring of support and condolences from many of celebrity friends and fans, including Dwyane Wade, Chrissy Teigen, Vanessa Hudgens and more.

The former Miami Heat player, 38, expressed his anguish in a post on Twitter on Sunday. “Nooooooooooo God please No,” Wade wrote.

Demi Lovato, a longtime supporter of Kobe’s, shared her condolences in a post on Instagram. “This makes me so sad. Kobe you were always so sweet to me,” the singer wrote on Sunday alongside a photo of herself, Kobe and one of his daughters. “Known you over 10 years.. not super well but we always joked about you coming over and playing that game of horse! You will he so missed by so many. You’re a legend with wings now. RIP Kobe 💔💔💔.”

Keep scrolling for more heartfelt tributes.


David Beckham

The retired athlete opened up about how he’s been handling the loss of Kobe, who he considered to be a pal. “I think the same way as the world has handled what’s happened with Kobe and his daughter and obviously the rest of the families that have lost loved ones that weekend. I think we’ve all been the same,” Beckham said during the Today Show on February 27. “We’ve grieved in a way that it wasn’t just about Kobe as a sportsman, as a basketball player. Globally, I think we’re all affected by what happened that weekend. I was lucky to live in L.A. at a time when the Lakers will win at everything and I was privileged every time that I sat courtside and was able to watch Kobe do what Kobe does best was incredible for me.”

Beckham continued, “I sat until the last second of every game that I went to see, just to watch Kobe. I was honored to be part of that. But then to see Kobe go into the next phase of his life to create the legacy that he was creating for the young, talented kids who love basketball. What he was creating and what will continue to be created by his family now, they will take this on — his foundation.”

NBC NEWS/TODAY
Victor Cruz

“It was heartbreaking just to hear the tragedy and how everything unfolded,” the former New York Giants player exclusively told Us Weekly on January 31. “I mean, it was just unfortunate that it had to happen in general, let alone to someone like Kobe and his family. You know, he’s done so much for the community, for Los Angeles, for the game of basketball, for the Lakers, for my entire childhood. I mean, he just means so much to the culture. … I remember crying like a baby when I heard it and just feeling really emotional and sad.”

Christopher Victorio/imageSPACE/Shutterstock
Brandy

“Never will I understand,” she wrote on January 31, sharing a photo of Kobe and Gianna. “My condolences to @vanessabryant, and all families who are in pain during this tragic time. Love :hearts: #Mamba #Mambacita.”

MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Chad Johnson

“My favorite memory [with Kobe was] when my son was young — I posted [about] it — the tickets were too expensive. At this time, I was playing and I’ve always been extremely cheap. But courtside tickets to a Lakers game in Kobe and Shaq [O’Neal]’s prime was unreal,” Johnson told Us exclusively on January 30. “I had my PR call Kobe’s PR and I had the connection with Kobe. He said, ‘Listen, no problem! I know [of] two courtside seats.’ That spoke volumes for me. For him allowing me to get two courtside for my son to watch him play, I was forever grateful.”

Michele Eve Sandberg/Shutterstock
Beyoncé

"I will continue to diligently pray for your Queens," the Grammy winner captioned an Instagram post on Wednesday, January 29, showing love for Vanessa Bryant and her three daughters. "You are deeply missed, beloved Kobe."

Richard Young/Shutterstock
Rick Fox

“Kobe and Gianna may your souls and the souls of the others who were with you Rest In Peace,” the former Lakers star wrote via Twitter. “My condolences and prayers go out to Kobe’s wife Vanessa, his daughters and the Bryant Family. I Love You Kobe and will miss you dearly.”

Days later, he commented on the rumors that he was one of the nine people who died in the crash during a special "Inside the NBA" feature on Bryant's legacy. "This has been a lot to process for all of us. Quite frankly, we’re blessed to have had the time we had with Kobe. A city is mourning, a family is mourning, we’re all mourning," he said. "And I’m — I’m glad [the rumor] is over with, but it was hard to deal with because it shook a lot of people in my life."

Shutterstock
Sydney Leroux

"Gigi you were a star. Your dad told me that you were going to be better than he was. You had the gift no matter what you were playing. I know you’ll be looking down on your mom and your sisters with your big smile while shooting hoops with your dad, doing what you both love. 2 will always be ours," the U.S. women's soccer star wrote on Instagram, referring to the number she and Gianna both wore. "Kobe - thank you for allowing me into your beautiful family. Thank you for believing in me. Being there for me during the good times and the tough ones. For your crazy book recommendations and your quotes. For helping me write. For teaching me to never soften for anybody. For teaching me about the darkness and the light and the villains becoming the heroes. I won’t forget any of it. I’ll miss you."

Nick Ut/AP/Shutterstock
Breanna Stewart

The WNBA star reflected on the "emotional" game she played against UConn on Monday, January 27, when both teams took a 24-second moment of silence to honor Bryant and Gigi. "Every single player had a story they could share about him, so the news — just like for the rest of the world — was a shock to us. It’s tragic and to think there were kids involved makes the situation even worse," she told Robin Roberts on Good Morning America the next day. "I got hurt overseas in Hungary [in 2013] and I flew direct from Vienna to L.A. When I touched down, I had a message from Kobe just letting me know that he was here for me. Throughout the entire rehab, he was just someone in my corner."

Jessica Hill/AP/Shutterstock
Jeanie Buss

The current owner of the Los Angeles Lakers shared her favorite memory of Bryant, who provided a sense of comfort after her father, Jerry Buss, passed away.

 

"Kobe, I don't know how to express what you mean to me, my family and the Los Angeles Lakers. My father loved you like a son, which makes us family. When you invited me to lunch shortly after my father passed away, I was struggling to find motivation and purpose. Kobe, you brought Gianna with you to spend some time with me. You explained that you wanted to show her that women can be leaders in the NBA, just like the men," her statement read. "At first, it seemed like an action of a devoted father setting an example for his daughter. But in actuality-and I am positively sure you knew EXACTLY what you were doing-what you did was give me the inspiration and strength I was searching for. I reflect on that day often and it makes me smile and it makes me strong. I call on that memory whenever I feel down and need a bit of courage. For everything you did on the court that filled me with so much joy and love, for all the lives you changed through basketball itself, it was that day with Gigi that reignited my drive and determination ... You not only inspired us towards greatness, you showed us the way."

Courtesy of Jeanie Buss/Instagram
Kate Hudson

“A call to love 💔 It’s been hard to put it in a post so Ollie and I just wanted to talk it out,” she wrote on Instagram. “Sending strength, power and love to all the families #RIP #KobeandGianna #JohnKeriAlyssaAltobelli #ChristinaMauser #SarahPaytonChester #AraZobayan.”

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Rihanna

"Still doesn’t feel real ... still can’t find the right words," the Fenty Beauty founder captioned an Instagram post of Kobe and his daughter Gianna. "We miss you man! 🙏🏿💔 May God have mercy on the Bryant family and the families of all the souls we lost!"

Evan Agostini/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Khloé Kardashian

"Tomorrow isn't promised to us. So live as if today is your last day on earth," the reality star said in a string of tweets after the identities of the other seven passengers were confirmed. "Love like you've never loved before. Dream deeper than you've ever imagined you could dream. Experience all that your heart desires. If tomorrow you wake and everything still remains, REPEAT 💔♥️ May our Heavenly Father cover everyone who’s hurting with His healing hands! My heart breaks for everyone who is in pain. What a tragedy 💔."

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Kylie Jenner

“Rest in peace … and prayers to these families,” the reality star wrote via Instagram. “I still can’t believe this. That was the helicopter I would fly on from time to time with that pilot, Ara. He was such a nice man. Hold your loved ones close.”

MEGA
Jada Pinkett Smith

“Life is so fragile,” the Gotham alum observed in an Instagram post. “This is the kind of loss that makes you deeply reflective. My prayers to Vanessa, her children and all of those who love Kobe and Gigi. This is a hard one. My heart is broken and bleeding everywhere today. This tragedy happened only a few miles from where I am. It’s heavy and it’s painful. Hug those you love. Don’t just SAY I love you. Show up and SHOW it! Rest in the arms of the Highest, Kobe and Gigi. Prayers to the family of the pilot and the other two spirits that were accompanying Kobe and Gigi. RIP.”

Tony DiMaio/MEGA
Justin Timberlake

“The last conversation that we shared was about being fathers and what that meant,” the singer wrote, concluding a lengthy Instagram tribute to the late athlete. “That was, beyond all the things that we could do in this world, our true legacy. Who our children are and what beautiful people they will become. And, I guess right now, without being able to find all the words, THAT father connection is what is most devastating for me. I am sending my love to Vanessa and your family and to the families of everyone connected in the mourning of this terrible tragedy. My heart is broken and my family lifts you up in our thoughts and prayers.”

Steven Bergman/AFF-USA.COM/MEGA
Derek Jeter

The former New York Yankees star wrote an emotional essay about Kobe’s relationship with his four daughters. “All I ever needed to know about Kobe Bryant was this: that throughout our friendship, the most meaningful conversations we had — they were always about family,” Jeter wrote in a post titled “Kobe” for the Player’s Tribune. “Put aside one of the all-time great basketball careers for a second. Put aside his famous work ethic, the Mamba mentality, that incredible will to win. I’ll let everyone else tackle that. But when I think of Kobe, I really just end up thinking about those special few personal conversations that we were lucky enough to share together, each time one of us had a new baby daughter.”

He continued: “He loved his family — he was his family. That’s what was important. And that’s the Kobe I’ll remember. I want to give my deepest condolences to Vanessa and the rest of the Bryant family, and to the families of the other passengers. Tragedies like this have a cruel way of reminding us of what’s important in life: spending time with our loved ones, and being there for them no matter what.”

Wilfredo Lee/AP/Shutterstock
JoAnna Garcia

The Gossip Girl alum and husband Nick Swisher’s daughter Emme wore a Lakers hat to school on Monday.

“Rest in ❤️ #24, your daughter Gianna, and the other 7 people who’s passing is equally as painful and catastrophic for their loved ones. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Bryant family and all of the other families who are shattered by this tremendous loss. We are praying for peace in their hearts as they grieve the gaping hole losing a father, a daughter, a wife, a husband, family member, or friend leaves behind,” Garcia wrote via Instagram. “Today, Emme went to school donning @yourboyswish Laker hat. All of the beautiful photos of Kobe and his daughter GiGi took our breath away last night. Their love and friendship was undeniable.”

Garcia added that she and Swisher “cried as we watched tribute after tribute with our girls in our laps.”

“The love between a father and a daughter is (in my opinion) one of the most meaningful and special bonds there is. Kobe and GiGi were a beautiful celebration of that and I’m gutted his other 3 daughters and his wife were robbed of more time with a person who clearly lived for his family,” she wrote. “And it isn’t lost on me they aren’t the only children and spouse that have had that taken from them so suddenly. Life is so fragile. It shouldn’t take a tragedy like this to remind us of that fragility. May those deeply mourning today and everyday moving forward look for the signs, take comfort that the veil is so thin, keep them with you because they are closer than we know ❤️💜💛❤️”

Andrew H Walker/Shutterstock
Paul McCartney

“So sad to hear about Kobe Bryant, his daughter and their friends. He was a great player and a very impressive human being,” the musician tweeted. “Sending many blessings and much love to all his family at this most difficult time. Love Paul.”

Shutterstock
Jack Nicholson

“My reaction is the same as almost all of L.A.,” the actor, who is a longtime Lakers fan, told CBS Los Angeles. “Where we think everything’s solid, there’s a big hole in the wall. I was used to seeing and talking to Kobe that … it kills you. It’s just a terrible event. … We’ll think of him all the time and we’ll miss him. He was just one of those touched people.”

John Salangsang/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Tiger Woods

The golfer’s caddie informed him that Kobe died after he finished 18 holes at the Farmers Insurance Open in San Diego on Sunday. “It’s a shocker to everyone. I’m unbelievably sad, and it’s one of the more tragic days. The reality is setting in because I was just told about five minutes ago,” Woods told reporters after the round. “Life is very fragile, as we all know. You can be gone at any given time and we have to appreciate the moments that we have. I just can’t imagine what his family’s going through right now.”

Speed Media/Shutterstock
David Beckham

“It’s taken me hours to work out what to write and still my words won’t ever be enough to describe how I am feeling after the tragic loss of Kobe. This was one special athlete, husband, father and friend. Having to write these words is hard enough but also knowing we have lost an amazing human being and his beautiful and talented daughter Gianna is heartbreaking,” the retired soccer player wrote on Monday. “The commitment Kobe showed to his sport was inspiring, to go through the pain and to finish a game off like only he could inspired me to try to be better. Sometimes I would only go to games just to watch that clock go down to the last 2:00 minutes knowing that we were about to witness something special. Kobe always talked about Vanessa and his beautiful girls and how proud he was of them. Kobe’s passion was his family and basketball.”

Beckham concluded: “He was determined to inspire the next generation of boys and girls to embrace the sport that he loved. His legacy will live on. My family’s love and prayers go out to Vanessa and the girls, to Kobe’s basketball family, and of course to the families of those who were tragically lost with him yesterday... 💛💜”

Keith Mayhew/SOPA Images/Shutterstock
Steph and Ayesha Curry

“A lot of questions right now. Our faith is being tested… but all I can say is thank you 🙏🏽. May you and Gianna rest easy!” the Golden State Warriors captioned a photo with Kobe on Sunday via Instagram.

Hours later, Steph’s wife, Ayesha Curry, shared a photo of Kobe and Gianna.

“Dear Lord, please cover Vanessa and her family. Sending infinite prayers,” the cookbook author wrote. “My heart aches for her and the girls. I’ve written and deleted 100 times today. I have no words and they’re never going to come out the way I want them to. Praying for peace and protection over this family and other families involved. Rest In Peace and power, Gigi and Kobe.”

Jason Merritt/Radarpics/Shutterstock
Gabrielle Union

“Yesterday watching my husband & the kids in stunned silence, just staring at them, all of us thinking about @vanessabryant & her children and the families that lost pieces of their heart in an instant yesterday,” the actress, who is married to Wade, wrote on Monday, January 27, via Instagram. “Please remember that as life moves on for everyone else, the grief these families are experiencing just started. Please dont forget about them. Please dont forget about all the ppl who are suffering and frozen as life around them goes on. We love you. We are praying for you, for all of us struggling with unimaginable challenges we dont speak of.”

LAURENT BENHAMOU/SIPA/Shutterstock
Ava DuVernay

“I remember Kobe bringing his daughters to the WRINKLE IN TIME premiere and talking about its meaning for him as a father. He loved his girls so,” the producer wrote via Twitter. “LA weeps today, as do fans around the world. Goodbye, Kobe and Gianna. Our memories of you will live on and on.”

Rob Latour/Shutterstock
Robin Roberts

“Devastated to learn that #kobebryant, his young daughter #Gianna and seven other people have lost their lives in a helicopter crash...thinking of all their families and loved ones impacted by this tragedy,” the Good Morning America reporter wrote via Instagram.

Shutterstock
Ryan Seacrest

“We are all feeling the presence of Kobe Bryant here at Staples Center,” the Live With Kelly and Ryan cohost shared via Instagram from the 2020 Grammys on Sunday. “He was a legend on the court and a hero to the LA community. He inspired us with his hard work, family values, and Mamba Mentality – to be better today than you were yesterday. The legacy he left behind will never be forgotten. Tonight we honor Kobe, his daughter Gianna, and the lives lost on that flight. Our hearts and condolences go out to Vanessa and the families who are affected by this tragedy.”

 

Shutterstock
Noah Centineo

“So tragic. You’ve set an example for all of us Kobe,” the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before star wrote alongside a photo of the icon. “Thank you for the heart, soul and work that you’ve done to allow us a glimpse of what it means to truly be great.”

Shutterstock
Shay Mitchell

The Pretty Little Liars alum shared an image of the late basketball player and his daughter with angel halos above them and a broken heart emoji as the caption via Instagram.

Shutterstock
Jennifer Lopez

“Family. As I scrolled through Kobe’s feed, and Alex and I talk memories and moments we remember about him ... this is the truth that rings out the loudest ... family is what matters most,” the Hustlers actress wrote via Instagram. “We are all feeling sadness from this loss, but all I can think of is that it is a grain of sand compared to what Vanessa must going through right now.” She added: “I am sending all of my love and praying for you, your children and the other families involved in today’s tragic turn of events. The most unfair thing in life is to lose a child and husband on the same day. Vanessa, I pray for your strength and that God guides you each step of the way through this unimaginable heartbreak. To the other families who are suffering from this unthinkable tragedy, may God be with you all. Kobe you meant so much to so many and we will miss you forever. Thank you for your work ethic, your inspiration and your heart. #hero #legend #husband #father 😢🙏🏼💔”

Shutterstock
Jamie Foxx

“Just can’t take this one. Sending up prayers to your beautiful family. This hurt is for a lifetime... @kobebryant you will be missed for eternity. REST IN POWER,” the actor wrote on one of three photo tributes to the late basketball player. “Gianna and Kobe REST IN POWER... 💔,” he added on a photo of both Kobe and his daughter Gianna before sharing a photo of himself with the Lakers legend at the Oscars.

Shutterstock
Sharna Burgess

“I met #kobybryant only once at the show and can only speak of his kindness,” the Dancing With the Stars pro wrote via Instagram. “However the global response and outpour of love for this man is a testament to him, his own words and legacy. He was and will always be an example of what greatness is, what it means to have and achieve it, and also maintain it. Beyond the game, beyond his stats, it was the way he lived his life and valued the weight of his influence. An example of not just an exceptional athlete, but a man, a husband, a father, and an icon. Everyone knows his name, and everyone always will.” She added: “Rest in Peace Black Mamba, you will be forever loved, your name forever called out by those taking their shot, and your legacy forever inspiring 🖤🖤”

Shutterstock
Nicole Scherzinger

“My heart breaks for Kobe and those that have been affected by this horrible tragedy,” the Pussycat Dolls singer wrote via Instagram. “Sending my prayers and love to their family and loved ones. Nothing is promised in this life, we mustn’t take anything for granted. Rest in Power with our Prince of Peace... 🙏🏽💔”

Shutterstock
Channing Tatum

“No words for how sad this is. None,” the Step Up actor wrote via Instagram. “As i pray and send love to the families of those that were lost. I know a dad and daughter have each other up there. And they will be playing together until they see their love ones again. Rest in Paradise ❤️🙏🏼😇”

Shutterstock
Sofia Richie

“Broken hearted 💔,” Richie simply wrote via Instagram.

Shutterstock
Will Smith

The Bad Boys for Life actor shared a throwback photo with the late athlete as a tribute on Sunday.

 

Shutterstock
Tom Brady

“We miss you already Kobe :heart::heart::pray::skin-tone-3::pray::skin-tone-3:,” the New England Patriots’ quarterback wrote via Twitter about the athlete. 

Elise Amendola/AP/Shutterstock
Kim Kardashian

“My heart is so heavy. No woman should ever experience what Vanessa is going through,” the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star wrote via Instagram. “This has affected us all so much but I cannot begin to imagine what Vanessa is feeling losing her husband and baby girl. I cry just thinking about it. I am praying for their family and everyone’s families who perished in this unthinkable tragedy. Rest In Peace Legend.”

John Salangsang/Shutterstock
Rande Gerber

“RIP Kobe and Gianna. Life is so precious, hug the people you love,” the restaurant and club entrepreneur wrote with a photo of the legendary athlete via Instagram.

KCR/Shutterstock
Jessica Alba

“Heart is So heavy :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:... just devastated... it doesn’t seem real,” the Fantastic Four actress posted via Instagram. “Cash and I got to spend some time with Kobe and Vanessa over the years- he was humble, gracious, dedicated to his family, committed to helping others, funny, warm, creative and kind. Arms around Vanessa and their girls. :broken_heart::pray::skin-tone-4::pray::skin-tone-4::broken_heart:”

Broadimage/Shutterstock
Alex Rodriguez

“My heart hurts so much right now,” the former MLB star wrote via Instagram. “I learned so much from Kobe Bryant. He was naturally gifted, but had a passion for basketball like no one else I've ever seen. His work ethic was impeccable and his stress on mastering the fundamentals is what elevated him to the player he was. I've never met anyone more focused with a myopic approach. He didn't pursue approval, affirmation or adulation. He pursued excellence and process. He followed my career and would often call to help with my health, daily routine ... and would even chime in about hitting techniques. He was a role model to me, and millions around the world.” The former athlete, who met Bryant as a teenager, added, “I last saw him a few months ago. I will remember what he told me about how much he loved Vanessa and his girls, and that he continued to say no to 99 percent of offers, choosing instead to spend as much time with his family as possible. I will remember his greatness. I will remember his guidance. I will remember his friendship. I will remember that he made me a better person.”

Erik Pendzich/Shutterstock
Eva Longoria

“Rest In Peace :pray::skin-tone-3:,” the Desperate Housewives alum wrote alongside a photo of the iconic player.

Rob Latour/Shutterstock
Ciara

“This news is heartbreaking,” the singer wrote via Instagram. “I am lost for words. Praying for @VanessaBryant, the Bryant family, and other families that have lost someone. Rest In Paradise Kobe and Gianna. :pray::skin-tone-4:”

AFF-USA/Shutterstock
Ashley Benson

“At a loss for words for Kobe and his daughter,” the Pretty Little Liars alum wrote via Instagram. “Honestly don’t know what to say. Heartbroken.”

Broadimage/Shutterstock
Hilary Duff

“Can’t stop thinking about this,” the Younger actress wrote alongside a photo of Bryant and his daughter via Instagram. “Look at these beautiful smiles 💔sending all my love to Vanessa and her kids and the other families that lost loved ones today. Truly heartbreaking and unfair.”

Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Rachel Zoe

“My heart is shattered beyond and my love and prayers go out to @vanessabryant and the beautiful angels who lost their father and sister today so tragically,” the stylist and fashion designer shared via Instagram. “💔Life makes no sense...gone too soon. RIP.”

MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Olivia Wilde

The actress shared a memorable quote from Bryant himself, when he wrote a letter to the game of basketball via social media on Sunday. “Dear Basketball, from the moment I started rolling my dad’s tube socks and shooting imaginary game-winning shots in the Great Western Forum I knew one thing was real: I fell in love with you. A love so deep I gave you my all - from my mind & body to my spirit & soul,” the quote read. “You asked for my hustle, I gave you my heart because it came with so much more. I played through the sweat and hurt not because challenge called me, but because you called me. I did everything for you, because that’s what you do when someone makes you feel as alive as you’ve made me feel. You gave a six-year-old boy his Laker dream and I’ll always love you for it.”

Charles Sykes/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Adam Levine

“I’m struggling to find the words. So I’ll let his speak the loudest,” the Los Angeles native wrote alongside a quote from the former Lakers’ star talking about not being afraid to fail.

Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Orlando Bloom

“RIP, the outpouring of love speaks for itself 🖤,” Bloom captioned a quote about Bryant’s legacy as a player and a legend following the news on Sunday. 

Schneider-Press/John Farr/SIPA/Shutterstock
Katherine Schwarzenegger

“Heartbreaking 💔 praying for the entire Bryant family,” Schwarzenegger wrote via Instagram. “My mom said it so well so using her words: So devasted to hear about Kobe and his beautiful daughter, Gigi. He was the man in our homes, adored, beloved. He was such a formidable figure in the city of angels.”

MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Justin Baldoni

“I have the hallow [SIC] feeling in the lot of my stomach. Ugh. Tragedy has a way of cutting through all the other b.s and reminding us all what really matters,” the Jane the Virgin alum wrote via social media. “When people we idolize, watch on TV, or see every day vanish in such a horrific way it reminds me of how fleeting and temporary this all is. Feeling heartbroken today. Feeling so deeply for his family. His wife and daughters. But especially thinking of his little girl who was with him, and there’s something about them being together that brings me comfort.” He added: “Maybe it’s me searching for the silver lining or just reading these words from `Abdu’l-Bahá. Regardless. Love is what brings us into this world and what will be the only thing we leave behind. Praying for them all today. May these words comfort anyone struggling with loss today. Tomorrow or anytime in the future. Especially the loss of an innocent child. When we reframe what this world really is in the context of a creator it helps...just a little make sense of it all.”

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Nick Lachey

“So saddened to hear about the tragic passing of Kobe Bryant this morning. He was the ultimate competitor and dominated a sport the way few have ever done,” the singer wrote via Instagram. “Bigger than that though, he was a father and a husband. Terrible that one of his little girls was killed as well. A sobering reminder to all of us that our time here is fleeting.....cherish and appreciate every moment.”

Broadimage/Shutterstock
Kaley Cuoco

“Been sitting here for a few hours completely gutted by this news .. Kobe - this one is gonna hurt for a long long time,” the Big Bang Theory alum wrote on social media. “I feel so lucky being able to witness your brilliance court side so many times including your record scoring game. I loved basketball because of you. I compared every athlete to you. You made your mark on this earth and will always be the GOAT. My future children will know it was you!! Deepest prayers for Kobe, GiGi, Vanessa their 3 daughters, the entire Bryant family and the additional lives that were also lost in today’s tragedy.”

David Buchan/Variety/Shutterstock
Michael Jordan

“I am in shock over the tragic news of Kobe’s and Gianna’s passing,” the former NBA player said in a statement on Sunday. “Words can’t describe the pain I’m feeling. I loved Kobe — he was like a little brother to me. We used to talk often and I will miss those conversations very much. He was a fierce competitor, one of the greats of the game and a creative force. Kobe was also an amazing dad who loved his family deeply — and took great pride in his daughter’s love for the game of basketball. Yvette joins me in sending my deepest condolences to Vanessa, the Lakers organization and basketball fans around the world.”

Revelli-Beaumont/Sipa/Shutterstock
Alyssa Milano

“So many memories watching this man play,” the Charmed alum tweeted on Sunday. “I can’t even imagine what Vanessa is feeling. This is such devastating news.” Milano added a quote from Fred Rogers that read, “The connections we make in the course of a life--maybe that's what heaven is.”

MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Cristiano Ronaldo

“So sad to hear the heartbreaking news of the deaths of Kobe and his daughter Gianna,” the soccer star shared via Instagram. “Kobe was a true legend and inspiration to so many. Sending my condolences to his family and friends and the families of all who lost their lives in the crash. RIP Legend:broken_heart:”

RemotePhotoPress/Shutterstock
Nikki Bella

“Extremely saddened to hear about Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gigi. Incredibly shocked,” the Total Divas star wrote via social media. “Just doesn’t seem real. Everyday is so fragile. Life is so precious. Kobe, thank you for having an amazing impact on so many people in this world. There is so much love being shared today because of you. RIP Kobe and Gigi. Thank you for the memories, the inspiration and the example of leadership and giving back. Sending so much light and love to Vanessa and their family.”

MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Magic Johnson

“My friend, a legend, husband, father, son, brother, Oscar winner and greatest Laker of all-time is gone,” the former basketball star wrote via Twitter. “It’s hard to accept. Kobe was a leader of our game, a mentor to both male and female players.”

Gregory Pace/BEI/Shutterstock
Kendall Jenner

“Sadly, i never personally knew you, but knowing i’m capable of all these emotions for someone i only knew from a far makes me feel more human than ever,” the model wrote alongside a series of photos of the basketball legend via Instagram. “You had the magical ability of bringing people together, through sports and through your soul. we feel you so heavily today, i know you can feel us too. rest peacefully Kobe, Gigi and the rest of the passengers we lost today. my heart truly goes out to all the families. give a big hug to the people you love today and always.”

Stephen Lovekin/WWD/Shutterstock
Ally Brooke

“This photo.....this man....this soul.....Kobe was extraordinary...he was a HERO to me.....& to so many.....Rest in peace Kobe, and his beautiful daughter Gianna,” the former Fifth Harmony singer wrote via Instagram alongside a photo of the late athlete on the court. “This is truly horrible. I am at a loss for words...I am sending love and prayers to his family. We will never forget you. We love you.”

Rob Latour/Shutterstock
Lamar Odom

“He taught me so many things in life that were necessary on and off the court,” the basketball star wrote via Instagram about his former teammate. “On the court he taught me how to carve out defenses and how to take my time. How to make winning my ultimate goal. Off the court he taught me to sign my own checks lol. Of course anyone who knows my story knows I’ve suffered a lot of loss but the only loss I can compare this to is when I lost my son. Even though our relationship wasn’t father/son, it was more like him being a teacher and me being his brother. I’m glad I got to be the ying to your yang as far as the locker room was concerned. It was my pleasure.” He added: “In honor of my brother I’m up at 4am tomorrow to get to the gym! Gigi gone give you buckets!!!! I love you brother :broken_heart::pray::skin-tone-6::disappointed_relieved:.”

MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Zoe Saldana

The Avatar actress shared her thoughts on the loss of Bryant via Instagram writing, “Impossible to grasp this news today. As a mother and a wife my whole heart goes out to Vanessa, Natalia, Bianka and Capri. Today this Mother and children are facing the most challenging moment of their lives. Their hearts and spirit are breaking so please let’s all hold this space of pain with them. The weight will be unbearable to carry alone. Let’s keep them in our thoughts, our prayers, our hearts, and spirit.”

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Shaquille O’Neal

“There are no words to express the pain I’m going through now with this tragic and sad moment of loosing [sic] my neice [sic] Gigi & my friend, my brother, my partner in winning championships, my dude and my homie,” Bryant’s former Lakers teammate wrote on Instagram. “I love you and you will be missed. My condolences goes out to the Bryant family and the families of the other passengers on board. IM SICK RIGHT NOW !”

Andrew H. Walker/Shutterstock
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson

“Love is forever,” the Fast and the Furious star captioned an Instagram photo of Bryant and Gianna.

Eric Charbonneau/Shutterstock
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

“Most people will remember Kobe as the magnificent athlete who inspired a whole generation of basketball players,” the retired NBA player tweeted. “But I will always remember him as a man who was much more than an athlete.”

ETIENNE LAURENT/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock
Kanye West

“Kobe, We love you brother,” the rapper tweeted. “We’re praying for your family and appreciate the life you’ve lived and all the inspiration you gave.”

Michael Wyke/AP/Shutterstock
Dwyane Wade

“Nooooooooooo God please No,” the former NBA star wrote on Twitter about his friend. 

Shutterstock
Chrissy Teigen

“I cannot believe this is real. My god. Oh my god,” the cookbook author wrote on Twitter on Sunday.

Shutterstock
Kevin Hart

“This honestly doesn’t make sense....I just saw you man. This hurts my heart. God please place your hands on his family and help guide them thru this unbearable time. We love you forever man...Legends never die!!!! #MambaMentality #RIP,” the comedian captioned a solo shot of Kobe. 

Shutterstock
Travis Barker

“RIP KOBE 😞,” the drummer tweeted on Sunday.

Shutterstock
Bryan Greenberg

“Oh no Kobe that’s terrible,” the actor wrote on Twitter on Sunday.

Shutterstock
Vinny Guadagnino

“I was praying that Kobe news was fake . I can’t believe it,” the MTV star tweeted on Sunday.

Shutterstock
Brad Goreski

“So sad to hear about Kobe Bryant. He was so kind when I met him,” the TV personality wrote on Instagram. “He invited me to a game. I sat courtside and he smiled at me and checked in with me throughout. We hung out with him afterward, chatted, took pics. I’ve never forgotten his kindness. Thoughts and prayers go to his family. 💔

Shutterstock
April Love Geary

“So heartbreaking.... 💔,” the model wrote on Instagram.

Shutterstock
Tia Mowry

“OMG! I can’t I’m crying hysterically! We just saw you in your car! 🥵,” the Sister, Sister star captioned a photo of Kobe on Sunday.

Peter West/Ace Pictures/Shutterstock
Vanessa Hudgens

“I’m. So. Sad. I’m devastated. Cryyyying. Too soon to loose such a legend. Sending so much love to vanessa and the kids ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ @lakers @kobebryant @vanessabryant,” the Disney Channel alum wrote on Instagram on Sunday.

John Salangsang/January Images/Shutterstock
Bethenny Frankel

“This Kobe Bryant news is gut wrenching. His poor family. So upsetting....” the reality TV star tweeted.

Broadimage/Shutterstock
Khloe Kardashain

“This can’t be real 💔💔💔💔 there’s no way!!! My heart hurts,” the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star wrote on Twitter.

Broadimage/Shutterstock
Busy Philipps

“I'm literally shocked. Sending prayers and love to Kobe's family, especially Vanessa and their four daughters,” the actress wrote on Twitter on Sunday.

John Photography/Shutterstock
Jesse Lee Soffer

“Unbelievable. Just heartbreaking,” the Chicago P.D. star wrote on Twitter.

David Buchan/Shutterstock
Pharrell Williams

“The world lost a giant today. Rest in peace Kobe Bryant. Also praying for the other passengers that we lost and their families,” the producer wrote in an Instagram post.

Shutterstock
Kate Bosworth

The actress posted a quote from Kobe on her Instagram: “It’s the one thing you can control. You are responsible for how people remember you — or don’t. So don’t take it lightly. If you do it right, your game will live on in others. You’ll be imitated and emulated by those you played with, those you played against and those who never saw you play at all. So leave everything on the court. Leave the game better than you found it. And when it comes time for you to leave, leave a legend.” – Kobe Bryant

Shutterstock
Hailey Bieber

“I don’t even know what to say other than I am devastated to the core. 💔,” the model captioned a family photo of the Bryant family. 

Shutterstock
Kris Jenner

“Devastated by the news of losing our precious Kobe Bryant. Words cannot express our sadness. All my deepest love and prayers are with Vanessa and Kobe’s family at this time. 💔🙏🏼,” the momager captioned a photo of Kobe.

Shutterstock
Lizzo

The “Truth Hurts” singer posted an Instagram photo of Kobe on the basketball court.

Shutterstock
Justin Bieber

“It can't be. You always encouraged me mamba. Gave me me some of the best quotes that we smile about to this day.! Love you man!” the singer wrote alongside a throwback photo of himself and Kobe.

Shutterstock
Jimmy Kimmel

“So far 2020, you suck,” the late night talk show host wrote on Twitter.

Shutterstock
Jefferey Dean Morgan

“Getting on a plane to news about Kobe.... goddang. No words. ❤️,” the actor tweeted. 

Stewart Cook/Shutterstock
Hayden Panettiere

“I can’t believe the legend is gone. Doesn’t seem real that a man that big in spirit could b touched. Reminds us that we’re ALL on borrowed time. RIP #Kobe We love you. #Legend #KobeBryant,” the actress wrote on Twitter.

Chelsea Lauren/Variety/Shutterstock
Derek Hough

“💔#kobebryant tell me it isn’t true,” the Dancing With the Stars alum captioned an Instagram photo of Kobe.

Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock
Bella Hadid

“💔I can’t believe this...Rest in Peace King.... thinking about Vanessa and their beautiful children during this time....” the supermodel captioned a picture of Kobe on Instagram.

J M HAEDRICH/SIPA/Shutterstock
Candice Boyd

The singer posted a photo of Kobe with the caption, “😩.”

Willy Sanjuan/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Rumer Willis

“So unbelievably saddened by this. Sending so much love to the Bryant family. Rest In Peace KB,” the actress wrote on Instagram alongside a photo of Kobe.

AFF-USA/Shutterstock
Demi Lovato

“This makes me so sad. Kobe you were always so sweet to me,” the singer wrote alongside a photo of herself, Kobe and one of his daughters. “Known you over 10 years.. not super well but we always joked about you coming over and playing that game of horse! You will BE so missed by so many. You’re a legend with wings now. RIP Kobe 💔💔💔.”

Shutterstock
Colton Underwood

“There are no words. Prayers to the friends & family of Kobe,” the reality TV star wrote on Twitter on Sunday.

Scott Kirkland/Shutterstock
Jerry Ferrara

“I just cannot believe this. I don’t want to believe this,” the Entourage alum tweeted.

Gregory Pace/Shutterstock
Hoda Kotb

“Life is a blink. RIP Kobe. 💔,” the Today host wrote on Twitter on Sunday.

Carolyn Contino/BEI/Shutterstock
Kylie Jenner

“at loss for words right now. praying for this beautiful family,” the makeup mogul captioned a photo of Kobe and Gianna.

Shutterstock
Julia Roberts

The Oscar winner posted a photo of Kobe walking off the court with the caption, “💔.”

Shutterstock
Val Chmerkovskiy

“You inspired me... from the way you worked, to the way you led, to the way you carried yourself. You were a great man, flawed in ways, which made your greatness even more inspiring,” the Dancing With the Stars champ wrote on Instagram. “Love you Kobe. One of my greatest moments was meeting you and speaking with you. It wasn’t in passing which made me feel so special. It was thoughtful and articulate. The conversations were real and beyond motivational. You told me “I was an inspirational dude and more people should hear my story” I left your house and texted all my friends like yo “one of the most inspirational figures of our time called me ‘inspirationaI’.” I couldn’t believe it. This tiny moment left such an impact on me it motivated me to do just that, it helped silence so many doubts and so many doubters. “If Kobe thinks I should, well damn who cares what my little insecurities think.” I couldn’t believe that when I reached out to you years later, expecting no reply in return, and you gave me a quote for my book. The book your words motivated me to write in the first place. You didn’t have to do that, especially not for me. It sucks that you had to go this way, for me to really grasp the importance of you being in my life and the lives of all my dear friends. Your actions mentored me from afar, and I will never forget you. I love you Kobe, may you Rest In Peace. My heart breaks for your daughters and for your wife. Anyway I can be of service to you @vanessabryant at this time and for all time, I will be there. Heartbroken. With love and my deepest respect, Rest In Peace Kobe. #ripkobebryant.”

Shutterstock
Camila Cabello

“I’ve never been much of a sports fan but Kobe Bryant was a hero to me and it was his words and way of thinking and living that lifted me up during times where I felt like I couldn’t get off the ground,” the “Havana” singer wrote on Instagram. “When I was 16 and going through what felt like an excruciatingly painful period in my life, I first saw Kobe’s MUSE documentary, and the mamba mentality is the only thing got me through every single performance. He was fighting inner demons, and so was I, and the way he used them to fuel his game on the court made me feel like I could use them to fuel me onstage. At my weakest moments I would channel a different person like he did, because when I felt broken and lost offstage, he taught me how to use my own pain, he taught me how to access strength I didn’t know I had, because on my worst days, I thought of Kobe and suddenly I could do things I didn’t think I could do. I watched every interview, I read every quote of his, and I wish that he knew how many times he saved me, how many times he helped me access a champion in myself that I couldn’t have seen on my own, how many times he helped me use my own demons, how many times he taught me how to use pain to make me a better person, how many times he taught me by example about life by the way he carried himself and the way he saw things.... and I never got the chance to fell him this in person. I’ve watched only two basketball games in my life, but what Kobe did for me changed the course of my life. I can’t imagine how many people he did this for. His legacy will live on in the lives and minds and souls that he touched, he made his mark not only in the game, but in humanity itself. He is a hero to me forever. Mamba forever.”

Shutterstock
Yris Palmer

“💔💔 some things will never make sense and this is one of them! My heart breaks and I’m praying for Vannesa’s strength during this time. Smh. RIP to a legend and a beautiful princess. 💔💔,” the lash mogul wrote on Instagram.

Courtesy YRIS PALMER/Instagram
Taylor Swift

“My heart is in pieces hearing the news of this unimaginable tragedy,” the “Shake It Off” singer tweeted. “I can’t fathom what the families are going through. Kobe meant so much to me and to us all. Sending my prayers, love, and endless condolences to Vanessa and the family and anyone who lost someone on that flight.”

Shutterstock


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/36xyNuF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono