Skip to main content

Hilarie Burton and Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s Cutest Public Declarations of Love

Swoon alert! After keeping their relationship under wraps for years, Hilarie Burton and Jeffrey Dean Morgan started shouting their love for each other from the social media rooftops.

The couple were introduced by Morgan’s Supernatural costar Jensen Ackles, who is married to Burton’s former One Tree Hill castmate Danneel Harris.

“I happened to be single and Jensen said, ‘I’ve got a girl you should meet,’” Morgan recalled to HuffPost in 2015. “So I went to a bar and I met Hilarie at a bar with Jensen and Danneel, and the rest is history. … We ended up back at my house drinking shots of tequila.”

While the duo both had work commitments, the Walking Dead star convinced the former MTV VJ to blow off her plans.

“I was on my way to do a movie called The Resident in New Mexico, and she was on her way to Paris, and I talked her into, instead of going to Paris, to come and see me in New Mexico,” he explained. “And I ruined her life and now she’s stuck with me.”

After getting together in 2009, Burton and Morgan welcomed a son named Gus in 2010. While reports surfaced that they exchanged vows in 2014, the couple didn’t legally marry until October 2019.

While the spouses continued to act in various projects, they also moved their family to the quiet town farm in Dutchess County, New York. In February 2018, Burton gave birth to their daughter, George.

“Please meet George Virginia Morgan,” she wrote on Instagram at the time. “She was born February 16th. Her daddy delivered her. We love her very much.”

Scroll through to revisit Burton and Morgan’s sweetest public declarations of love:


Doting Wife — and Mom!

The actress gushed over the daddy-daughter duo in an Instagram post in July 2019. “Have you ever seen anything cuter?!?!” she wrote alongside the snap that showed Morgan and their baby girl hugging. “Baby is pretty sweet too. #daddysgirl.”

Courtesy Hilarie Burton/Instagram
Birthday Bliss

The Guns for Hire actor made sure his wife felt loved on her 37th birthday, sharing a sweet slideshow of the two of them together. "Happy birthday to @hilarieburton The hottest chick on the planet," he wrote via Instagram on July 1, 2019. "The greatest mom, partner, and best friend a fella could ask for. This day is yours and yours alone. You are the love of my life mama. I have to pinch myself constantly because I just can’t believe how lucky I got with you." 

Courtesy Jeffrey Dean Morgan/Instagram
Just Because

“I LOVE @HilarieBurton. Just thought I’d put that out there,” Morgan tweeted in April 2019. “I miss her so much. Figured a public declaration may put a smile on her face. She does EVERYTHING while I’m away doing what I do. I wouldn’t be able to do any of this without her. Period. Literally my best half.” He signed the sweet post, “Xoxoxojd.” 

Jim Spellman/WireImage
Charitable Duo

Burton gushed over her husband’s philanthropic work with Astor Services, a charity that assists families with children who suffer emotional and behavioral health problems, in February 2019. “I love how these kids respond to @JDMorgan,” she tweeted. “The biggest kid of all. Xoxoxoxo.”

Gregg DeGuire/Getty Images
The Most Memorable Moments

Along with their two kids, the actress wished the Supernatural alum a happy birthday with a sweet video in April 2019. “It’s @jeffreydeanmorgan Day!!!!! Happy Birthday, my sweet. It’s #earthday, but you’re our whole wide world!” Burton captioned the clip via Instagram. “You give and you give and you give. And it would be impossible to even come close to repaying you.” 

 

Burton then compiled “a list of all the great memories” Morgan gives “everyone else.” 

 

“Some recent personal favorites of mine, - the dozens of dolphins following our little family along the beach. - how excited you get every time you cook a turkey - walking late night through the Village. Arm in arm,” she gushed.  “Discovering our favorite sandwich - Fang - that damn Peter Pan statue in Kensington Gardens. You make the mundane into memorable moments.” 

 

Burton concluded: “Y’all post your @jeffreydeanmorgan memories below. I love you, Mister. Here’s to another year of adventure. Xoxoxoxoox.” 

 

Courtesy Hilarie Burton/Instagram
Goals

The White Collar alum rocked a T-shirt with her husband’s face on it in August 2018. “Am I a dork for wearing a shirt with @jeffreydeanmorgan face on it?? Sorry, not sorry! Daddy is here to represent during naptime!” Burton captioned a photo of herself holding then-6-month-old George.

Courtesy Hilarie Burton/Instagram
Morgan Family Kisses

The former Good Wife star dedicated his wife’s Mother’s Day tribute “to the best mama in the world” in May 2019. “@hilarieburton we just couldn’t love you more! We all having a rough time today without you here… but we also are so proud of you, and so happy you’re working and doing what you love!” Morgan wrote. “Counting the days, hours, minutes, and seconds until we see you again… and smother the hell out you with Morgan family kisses and cuddles! Happy Mother’s Day lady. You’ve given us EVERYTHING and we know it. Xxxxjdgus&george.”

Courtesy Jeffrey Dean Morgan/Instagram
Proud Hubby

Morgan thanked Burton on behalf of himself and their kids with a sweet Mother Day’s message in 2018. “We all want to thank you. With every ounce of who we all are… for being the best mom in the whole world. For making our lives the best, and most special they could ever be,” the Grey’s Anatomy alum captioned a photo of Burton and baby George. “You’ve created and molded the family I figured I could only dream of... I figured wrong. I love you. I love you for everything. But how I love you for this family you’ve given us. You’re the best, smartest, prettiest, funniest, meanest, most amazing mom ever ever. Happy Mother’s Day Hil. I’ll see you tonight. Xxxxxxx P.s. make sure gus feeds animals and gets eggs! ❤️❤️❤️❤️” 

Courtesy Jeffrey Dean Morgan/Instagram
Wish List

In March 2019, Morgan shared an adorable photo of George’s “wish list” — as documented by her brother, Gus — which read “Dada” three times. Burton sweetly agreed via Twitter, “It also happens to be my wish list. Love you the most. X.” 

Courtesy Jeffrey Dean Morgan/Twitter
We Owe It All to You

After Supernatural hit 300 episodes, Morgan paid tribute to the series by sharing a photo with Ackles via Instagram. “Can we frame this and then show it to our kids when they’re adults and say ‘this is why you exist’?” Burton commented on the post. “Super foxy, mister. You guys are the most fun. Xxxxx.” 

Courtesy Jeffrey Dean Morgan/Twitter
Team Negan

In November 2018, Burton replied to a fan who (seemingly accidentally) referred to Morgan’s Walking Dead character as her “favorite breast.” The Christmas at the Bayou actress quipped back, “He is for sure my favorite breast.” 

Michael Stewart/WireImage
So Supportive

When Morgan and Burton watched her 2018 Lifetime Christmas movie, The Christmas Contract, the actor couldn’t stop talking about his wife’s elf costume. “My ol sweetheart @jeffreydeanmorgan LOVES it when I rock the elf costume,” Burton captioned a clip of Morgan watching the film.

Neilson Barnard/NBCUniversal/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
Sweethearts

“If we'd gone to high school together I TOTALLY would have made you my steady,” Burton tweeted at her husband in August 2018. 

Nicholas Hunt/FilmMagic
Date Night

After Burton and Morgan hit the 10th season premiere of The Walking Dead in September 2019, the One Tree Hill alum posted a sweet Instagram tribute to her husband. “Per the usual, I’m so proud of this one. He kills himself to get back and forth from the farm in NY to set down in GA, and he put in some damn fun performances in between,” she wrote. “The whole @thewalkingdead family has been so so good to @jeffreydeanmorgan and me and our children. Congrats to everyone there and at @amc_tv on the new season!”

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
October Bliss

Burton gushed about Morgan in a lengthy Instagram caption after revealing they secretly tied the knot during a “private” and “magical” ceremony. (She also denied reports that they wed in 2014.)

“Jeff and I just want to put it out there that WE GOT MARRIED! For real. We’ve lived as husband and wife for a decade. We’ve built a family, and a farm and found our community,” she wrote. “From the moment I met @jeffreydeanmorgan , he was my husband. Rather than make vows right out of the gate, we lived them. For over ten years. The good times and the bad. Standing up there with our children at our sides – celebrating all that has been – was bliss. I love you Jeffrey. I love our intimate group of friends and family who joined us. I love the various circles of loved ones who have supported us over the years.”

Sasithon Pooviriyakul/@sasithonphoto
A Decade of Love

Burton reflected on the 2010s by sharing unseen pictures from the couple’s nuptials on New Year’s Eve 2019.

 

“Ten years ago, I was pregnant, unemployed, unsure about where I was gonna live or give birth and despite the bravado I may have projected, I was scared. My whole life I’d thought I would follow the same path as everyone I’d grown up around. Have a steady job. Get married. Buy a house. Have kids. But the path didn’t unfold that way at all,” she wrote in December 2019. “A decade later, I can look back at my younger self and say “it’s okay, honey! Happiness will surprise you! Let it!” 2019 was incredibly good to our family. The wedding I thought I wanted when I was 26 was made so much sweeter by waiting. My love for @jeffreydeanmorgan has evolved into something so much deeper and golden. Our children participated and were at our sides for all of it.”

 

The actress added that their wedding was “the celebration of an entire decade.”

 

“As I see all the year in review posts today, my entire year - my entire decade really - can be summed up in that one day,” Burton gushed. “Happy New Year, everyone. I hope your path is winding and surprising and takes you on a wild ride. Biggest Happy New year to @jeffreydeanmorgan , Gus and George. Love isn’t a big enough word. Bring on the Roaring Twenties!!!! 2020!”

Matt Baron/Shutterstock


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/2xoyO57

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono