Skip to main content

Celebrity Engagements of 2019

Love is abloom in 2019!

Stars such as Tim Tebow, who is set to wed former Miss Universe Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, and Hamilton’s Anthony Ramos will soon be walking down the aisle after popping the question to their respective loved ones.

Scroll through to see who else is put a ring on it this year and get the story behind their sweet proposals.


Michelle Williams and Thomas Kail

Us confirmed on December 30 that the Oscar nominee is engaged to the Hamilton director and expecting a baby with him. The pair worked together on FX’s Fosse/Verdon, which he directed and produced earlier this year. Williams was married for less than a year to Phil Elverum, splitting in April 2019. She has a daughter, Matilda, from a previous relationship with her former Brokeback Mountain costar the late Heath Ledger.

CraSH/imageSPACE/Shutterstock; Scott Kirkland/FX/Picturegroup/Shutterstock
Nick Young and Keonna Green

The basketball pro proposed to his girlfriend on Christmas morning. “Merry Christmas.... @keonnanecole Said Yes 💍!!!!!” Young, who shares three kids with Green, wrote alongside video of the engagement via Instagram. “Aye Christmas to remember for the young family @lilswaggy1 @navibaby_ and Nyce’s it’s ova for Swaggy 😂😂😂😂.”

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Dan Reynolds and Aja Volkman

The Imagine Dragons frontman proposed to Volkman, who he wed in 2011, on December 25. The proposal comes after the longtime loves called it quits in April 2018, only to rekindle their romance seven months later. “We put our kids to bed and began to clean up the mess of the day. I could see that he was nervous but I didn’t know why,” Volkman wrote via Instagram. “He got on one knee and before he could open his mouth I began to cry. Loaded tears that held nearly 10 years of growth. The answer has always been ‘yes,’ even before we knew what that meant.”

Xavier Collin/PictureGroup/Shutterstock
Angie Harmon and Greg Vaughan

On Christmas day, the couple got engaged after he proposed in front of the Christmas tree. "Marry, Marry Christmas!! ❤️🎄💍#moderndaybradybunch #blessed #grateful #family #christmas2019," the former Law & Order star wrote on Instagram on December 25, with photos of the proposal. "Wishing you the most wonderful holiday from our family to yours!"

Courtesy of Angie Harmon/Instagram
Zach Nichols and Jenna Compono

The pair — who met during The Challenge: Battle of the Exes 2 and hit it off right away — got engaged on December 21. After years of on-off dating, the two reconciled, with Compono telling Us in February: “I tell him we’re gonna have six kids, we’re going to live in a mansion, I pretty much set it all out on the table. He’s down. We’ve talked about marriage, kids, me moving there; we’re gonna try and do it in the right order!”

 

Courtesy of Jenna Compono/instagram
Alexia Echevarria and Todd Nepola

The Real Housewives of Miami alum confirmed her engagement to the real estate investor and developer on December 15, sharing a photo of them about to kiss as she showed off her engagement ring. “I SAID YES,” she captioned the shot. Echevarria and her new fiancé went Instagram official in early 2018, with the former Bravo star declaring in a Valentine’s Day post that he is “my friend, my partner, my heart, my rock, the love of my life!” She was previously married to Herman Echevarria. They split in 2015 and he died in September the following year.

Courtesy of Alexia Echevarria/Instagram
Robyn and Juan Dixon

The Real Housewives of Potomac star confirmed that she and Dixon are getting remarried during an interview with The Daily Dish. "Shocked and excited is an understatement to describe my reaction to Juan’s proposal! I could barely breathe! We had definitely discussed the topic and agreed that marriage was the next step for us, but I was not expecting it to happen so soon!" she wrote via email to the outlet on December 15. "Juan gave the sweetest speech and set the whole room into an uproar when he got down on one knee! It was truly a special night and is definitely much sweeter the second time around. Oh, and he knows me well and got my ring just right!" The pair were previously married for seven years before divorcing in 2012.

Courtesy of Robyn Dixon/Instagram
Emma Stone and Dave McCary

The Saturday Night Live writer announced his engagement to the La La Land actress on December 4. McCary shared an Instagram photo of himself and Stone smiling from ear to ear, with her ring front and center. He captioned the pic with a simple pink heart emoji.

Courtesy Dave McCary/Instagram
Clayton Snyder and Allegra Edwards

The Lizzie McGuire alum proposed to the actress on Thanksgiving after 10 years together. “2009•2019 Dear Allegra. Some things never change. Except, a lot changed, and then it got very similar, but very different, but better, and now, your finger’s a bit heavier,” he wrote on Instagram. “And not just because of all the pecan pie. What a Thanksgiving. I love your laugh. I love your heart. I love your family. I love you. Looking forward to wifing you.”

 

Courtesy of Clayton Snyder/Instagram
Tinsley Mortimer and Scott Kluth

The Coupon Cabin CEO proposed to the Real Housewives of New York City star in Chicago on Sunday, November 24. News of their engagement comes after Us exclusively reported in October that they had reconciled.

Adam Nemser/startraksphoto.com
Hoda Kotb and Joel Schiffman

The Today show coanchor announced on the November 25 episode that her boyfriend of six years had proposed during a tropical vacation. “I was totally shocked. He had a good poker face,” she said.

Hoda Kotb/Instagram
Freida Pinto and Cory Tran

The Slumdog Millionaire star announced her engagement to the photographer via Instagram on November 21. “It all makes sense now,” she captioned photos cozying up to her beau. “Life makes sense, the world makes sense, the past tears and trials make sense, what wise old lovers said about love makes sense, where I am makes sense and where I want to go completely makes sense. You my love are just the most beautiful creation to have ever walked into my life. And you are here to stay. Well, I am making you stay. Ha! All my love with all my heart♥️. Oh and Happiest Birthday sweet Fiancé!”

Samantha Marquart
Cassidy Gifford and Ben Wierda

The actress and daughter of Frank and Kathie Lee Gifford announced her engagement to her boyfriend on November 17. The former Today show host also shared the news, writing on Instagram, “So thrilled to announce that my beautiful daughter, @cassidygiff is engaged to a wonderful man, Ben @letsgetwierda.”

Courtesy of Kathie Lee Gifford/Instagram
Kelly Dodd and Rick Leventhal

The Real Housewives of Orange County star announced on Instagram on November 13 that she was engaged to her boyfriend, Leventhal. “I can’t believe I just got engaged!!” Dodd, 44, wrote on Instagram announcing the news. “@rickleventhal you are my Prince and my dream come true!!! #love #engaged #myprince.”

Courtesy of Kelly Dodd/Instagram
Anthony Rapp and Ken Ithiphol

The Star Trek: Discovery actor announced on Instagram on November 9 that he proposed to his longtime boyfriend. “I am so very happy and I’m so very thrilled to share this news,” he gushed.

Courtesy of Anthony Rapp/Instagram
Manny Jacinto and Dianne Doan

The Good Place star announced his engagement to the actress while attending the Vulture Festival on November 9. “I was toying when to pop the question for a long time,” he said. “I looked at the Janet/Jason relationship, and there’s a sentence that Jason says to Chidi about relationships and it hit me pretty hard. I thought it was a sign that I needed to do it, and a week later I popped the question.”

Broadimage/Shutterstock
Adam Devine and Chloe Bridges

The Pitch Perfect star and the Pretty Little Liars alum announced their engagement on October 24. “I’m so proud to be his girl and will be even prouder to be his wife,” Bridges captioned a series of post-proposal photos via Instagram. Devine, meanwhile, revealed that he popped the question over the weekend and joked, “Have fun planning the wedding. I’ll be there for the cake tasting.”

Courtesy of Adam Devine/Instagram
Daniel Lissing and Nadia

The When Calls the Heart alum announced he and his girlfriend, Nadia, were engaged in an Instagram post on October 23, 2019. “Happy news to share... I get to marry the love of my life,” he captioned a photo of the couple kissing with his fiancée’s engagement ring on display. Nadia gave a close-up look of the ring in her own Instagram post writing, “Couldn’t imagine spending my life with anyone else.”

Courtesy Daniel Lissing/Instagram
Sasha Cohen and Geoffrey Lieberthal

The Olympic figure skater announced her engagement to the private equity partner in a post on Instagram on Saturday, October 19. “We’re engaged,” Cohen captioned a photo of Lieberthal proposing in Paris. She showed off her ring in a selfie of the couple.

Courtesy of Sasha Cohen/Instagram
James Middleton and Alizee Thevenet

The brother of Duchess Kate and Pippa Middleton confirmed his engagement to his girlfriend Thevenet with a sweet Instagram post on October 6. “She said OUI,” the entrepreneur captioned a photo of the couple, with the bride-to-be showing off her sapphire engagement ring, after he teased the proposal in his Instagram Stories. “Our secret is out but we couldn’t be happier to share the news.”

Tim Rooke/Shutterstock
Jon Pardi and Summer Duncan

The country singer proposed to his longtime girlfriend during his Nashville concert at the Ryman Auditorium on October 2. The audience gave the couple a standing ovation after Duncan said yes. “My man!” Dierks Bentley captioned an Instagram photo of the sweet moment. “@jonpardipics crushing the @theryman stage and crushing life… so proud of you pal. Killer show with my all time fav encore. Congrats to you and @summerfawn_duncan.”

Evan Agostini/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi

The princess’ parents, Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, announced on September 26 that she got engaged to the property tycoon in Italy. Beatrice and Mapelli Mozzi are set to marry in 2020. “We are extremely happy to be able to share the news of our recent engagement,” the couple said in a statement. “We are both so excited to be embarking on this life adventure together and can’t wait to be married. We share so many similar interests and values and we know this will stand us in great stead for the years ahead, full of love and happiness.”

Courtesy Princess Eugenie/Instagram
Amy Roloff and Chris Marek

Marek popped the question to the Little People, Big World star on September 19 with a heart-shaped diamond ring. “I’m so excited, I’m so surprised, I’m thrilled!” Amy told Us. “I never in a million years thought I’d be getting married again, but I also hoped for it. Now that it’s happening, I couldn’t be happier or more excited.” The reality star was previously married to Matt Roloff, with whom she shares twins Jeremy and Zach, daughter Molly and son Jacob.

TLC
Arielle Vandenberg and Matt Cutshall

The Love Island host announced her engagement to the Manhattan Love Story star with an Instagram photo of her ring on September 19. The two confirmed their relationship in 2017. 

"MY FIANCÉ!!! You’re the ONE. My one that makes me smile. My one that I trust with my whole heart. My one that makes me feel so loved and beautiful,” Vandenberg captioned a photo of her fiancé kissing her cheek. “My one that prays with me. My one that makes me feel safe. My one that I want forever. MY ONE THAT I LOVE!❤️😑💍💕😍," Vandenberg captioned a sweet slideshow, which shows off her ring. "HUSBAND GOALS! I love you too enough my cutie!"

In his own Instagram post, Cutshall gushed over his future wife. 

“It’s been quite the journey with you my sweetheart and I wouldn’t have it any other way,” he wrote. “You are perfect for me and I can’t wait to spend forever with you. I LOVE YOU my best friend, my cutie, my almost wife! ❤️ ❤️❤️”

Jeffrey Mayer/JTMPhotosInt'l/MEGA
Jesse McCartney and Katie Peterson

Us Weekly exclusively confirmed in September that the “Better With You” singer got engaged to actress Katie Peterson on September 13. The couple started dating in 2012.

 

Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Anthony Michael Hall and Lucia Oskerova

The Breakfast Club star proposed to the actress in Sicily, Italy, on September 4. “‘The Greatest thing you’ll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.’ #love #proposal #loveislove #fearlesslove #loveconquers #loveconquersall #theone #love #loveher,” he wrote on Instagram.

Jimmy Morrison/EPA/Shutterstock
Jenny Slate and Ben Shattuck

The Saturday Night Live alum announced her engagement to the writer in September with an Instagram slideshow of the couple’s vacation in France, where Shattuck popped the question. The last photo in the gallery showed a beaming Slate with her new engagement ring.

“He took me to France and made a picnic and made me feel happy and free and then he asked me to marry him and i screamed YES,” she wrote. “I love you @benshattuck_art, you are the kindest and brightest and I am so grateful and here we go and keep going  :heart::balloon::heart:.”.”

Jason Merritt/Radarpics/Shutterstock
Susan Kelechi Watson and Jaime Lincoln Smith

The This Is Us star shared news of her engagement in September. “Forever Ever…” she captioned a photo that showed her blue engagement ring. “‘Theyll say its love And they'll know its love For when they call its name it will answer to love  Without hesitation’~me.”

Charles Sykes/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Jonah Hill and Gianna Santos

Us confirmed the Superbad star and his girlfriend’s engagement on September 3. The couple had been dating for a year. Before he found love with the stylist, Hill had been linked to Dustin Hoffman’s daughter Ali and actress Isabelle McNally. He broke up with his longtime high school sweetheart Jordana Klein in October 2011.

MEGA
Kevin Wendt and Astrid Loch

The former Bachelor in Paradise costars announced their engagement, which took place on August 28, on September 3. “Wonder if I’ll ever stop smiling? Probably not,” Loch wrote via Instagram, with photos taken by Ally + Nicholas Photography. “In this together, forever.” The pair first met on season 5 of the summer spinoff, but they broke up by the season’s end. After they reconciled, Loch moved to Canada to be with Wendt.

Ally + Nicholas Photography
Cassie and Alex Fine

The singer and personal trainer took the next step in their whirlwind romance when they got engaged on August 24. The couple revealed the news on Instagram on August 27, where they showed the elaborate Cowboy-themed proposal Fine orchestrated. The duo’s engagement comes two months after they shared that they were expecting a baby girl in June. Before finding love with the bull rider, Cassie dated Sean “Diddy” Combs on-and-off for 11 years.

Willy Sanjuan/Invision/AP/Shutterstock; Rob Latour/Shutterstock
Ben Zorn and Stacy Santilena

The Bachelorette alum announced on August 25 that he was engaged to his girlfriend of two years. The personal trainer, who also appeared on season 4 of Bachelor in Paradise, posted two photos from his proposal at Lake Tahoe, California, and wrote, “You are my best friend and I’m so lucky I get to call you mine! I couldn’t be more excited to spend my future with you.”

Courtesy Of Stacy Santilena/Instagram
Victoria Wakile and Teddy Kosmidis

The daughter of Real Housewives of New Jersey alum Kathy Wakile and her husband, Rich Wakile, got engaged at the Liberty House restaurant in Jersey City, New Jersey, on August 24. “Richie and I are overjoyed with emotion and joy,” Kathy told Us. “We couldn’t be happier. We love our future son!”

Courtesy of Victoria Wakile;Teddy Kosmidis
Lindsey Vonn and P.K. Subban

The Olympic skier and professional hockey player announced their engagement on August 23. The couple, who began dating in early 2018, recapped their sweet love story upon confirming the news to Vogue. “After a few months of dating, I knew he was the one I wanted to be with, though. He makes me happy, and he’s so positive and energetic,” she told the magazine. Before Subban, Vonn was married to Thomas Vonn from 2007 to 2013 and dated Tiger Woods from 2013 to 2015.

AFF-USA/Shutterstock
Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch

The WWE stars took to social media to share the news of their engagement on August 22. “Happiest day of my life. For the rest of my life. ❤️💍❤️ @wwerollins,” Lynch, a four-time champion, captioned the Instagram update. The couple publicized their relationship in May 2019, when Rollins shared a sweet Instagram post of the pair embracing each other in a warm kiss.

Rob Latour/Shutterstock
Erin Foster and Simon Tikhman

The Barely Famous actress and the businessman got engaged in August, with the bride-to-be’s older sister, Sara, breaking the news on Instagram. Erin and Tikhman started dating in early 2018.

Rob Latour/Variety/Shutterstock
Jackie Aina and Denis Asamoah

The YouTuber and beauty influencer got engaged to her longtime boyfriend in early August when he surprised her with a proposal while they were on vacation in Santorini, Greece.

@EmilynnRose
Stassi Schroeder and Beau Clark

The Vanderpump Rules star confirmed her engagement on July 31, sharing a photo with her now-fiancé while showing off her diamond ring. “OMG. I feel like Meghan Markle,” she captioned the pic that showed her holding Clark’s hand. Us Weekly exclusively revealed in February 2018 that the pair were dating. In June, the “Straight Up With Stassi” podcast host dished on her new romance, telling Us, “I feel really lucky right now. I haven’t had a relationship like this. I didn’t know that I could find someone that we’d just be best friends and love each other and he’d be so nice to me and supportive and the fact that this was his idea.”

Jeff Kravitz/2019 iHeartMedia
Sarah Ramos Matt Spicer

The actress announced her engagement to the Ingrid Goes West director on July 30. "My brand just got 100x more engaged," she captioned a pic of the future spouses via Instagram. Several of her famous pals congratulated them in the comments. "So so pretty congratulations budge!" her former Parenthood costar Mae Whitman wrote. Brittany Snow added: "Lil sis!!!!!! CONGRATS YOU TWO."

Courtesy of Sarah Ramos/Instagram
Cynthia Bailey and Mike Hill

The Real Housewives of Atlanta star got engaged to boyfriend Mike Hill on July 26 at the opening of her wine cellar, The Bailey WineCellar, in Atlanta. "I am so excited and in shock!" she gushed to Us. "I had no that Mike was going to propose tonight! He and our beautiful daughters and Courtney got me real good and I’m so happy that my friends and family were here to witness everything. Wow! I can’t believe it.”

Courtesy of Night Owl Post and Courtney Ajinca Events
Katie Rost and Jesse

On July 26, the Real Housewives of Potomac star revealed that her boyfriend, Jesse, proposed to her with a stunning heirloom ring. She shared a close-up solo snap of the engagement diamond on Instagram, captioning the post: “I said yes. We are engaged! Jesse's mom loves this ring. I am proud to wear it.” News of her engagement received well wishes from many, including her costar Monique Samuels, who commented, “Wow! Congrats girlie!”

Courtesy of Katie Rost/Instagram
Bindi Irwin and Chandler Powell

“On my birthday I said ‘yes’ and ‘forever’ to the love of my life,” the daughter of the late Steve Irwin announced on Instagram on July 24. “Chandler, close to 6 years ago I fell in love with you and every day since has been a whirlwind of adventure and true happiness. I’m so looking forwarding to spending our forever together as your wife. Here’s to a lifetime of friendship, purpose and unconditional love. — Now let’s get married already!”

Russell Shakespeare
Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix

Us Weekly confirmed in July that the pair, who met on the set of the film Mary Magdalene in 2016, were engaged after three years of dating. The news came less than two months after the Mara was spotted wearing a large diamond ring on her left hand while running errands in L.A.

David M. Benett/WireImage
Sarah Hyland and Wells Adams

The Modern Family star and the Bachelorette alum announced their engagement on Instagram on July 16, with Hyland posting a series of pics of Adams’ beachside proposal. “That can’t eat, can’t sleep, reach for the stars, over the fence, world series kind of stuff,” she wrote, quoting the 1995 film It Takes Two. Adams shared a video, captioning it with a reference to Johnny Cash and June Carter: “I’ll be Johnny, you be June. But forever.” Us Weekly broke the news in October 2017 that the Bachelor in Paradise bartender and Hyland were dating. They moved in together in July 2018, with a source telling Us that they were “extremely serious."

Courtesy of Sarah Hyland/Instagram
Jillian Rose Reed and Marty Shannon

The Awkward actress posted a sweet announcement of her engagement in July. "I knew a long time ago that I’d spend the rest of my life with you, but getting to say YES 💍has been the most incredible feeling in the world! I love being your fiancé, and I’m so in love with this life we’ve created ✨," the MTV star captioned an Instagram photo of her embracing her new fiancé. 

Amy Graves/Getty Images
Elle King

In July, Elle King revealed on Instagram she was engaged, posting a Boomerang of a diamond ring. “Happy birthday to me! I said YES,” she captioned the video. King has kept her relationship extremely private but has shared photos of them together, only revealing his name is Jim.

Courtesy of Elle King/Instagram
Vanessa Morgan and Michael Kopech

The Riverdale star announced her engagement to White Sox pitcher Michael Kopech with a romantic Instagram photo in July. He proposed at Mooney Falls in Arizona. "I love you intensely, passionately, & also at times, recklessly,” he wrote on Instagram with a video of the proposal. She shared a photo of Kopech down on one knee; she captioned the photo: “My forever."

Courtesy of Vanessa Morgan/Instagram
Bob Harper and Anton Gutierrez

The Biggest Loser alum announced his engagement to Gutierrez in June. “Well this happened yesterday,” Harper captioned a picture of the couple wearing matching rings. He later added a photo of himself with the hashtag “#imengaged.”

Monica Schipper/Getty Images for amfAR/Whitman/Loftis
Meghan Linsey and Tyler Cain

The Voice alum got engaged to her boyfriend of seven years, Tyler Cain, on the set of their first music video in Alaska on June 17. Earlier in the month, Linsey and Cain launched their new musical act, Meg & Tyler, at the CMT Awards. The couple were filming for their first single, “Nowhere With You,” when he popped the question.

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images
Javi Marroquin and Lauren Comeau

The Teen Mom 2 star revealed his engagement to his girlfriend on Instagram on June 17, writing, “Thank you for being the greatest mom to Eli and now (soon to be) stepmom to Lincoln. I feared not finding someone that would love me and linc the way you do. Never have I questioned that with you. Thank you for everything you do for this family. I can’t believe I’m this lucky.”

Courtesy of Javi Marroquin/Instagram
Lauren Bushnell and Chris Lane

The Bachelor alum and the country singer got engaged on June 16 after less than a year of dating. She was previously engaged to Bachelor season 20 lead Ben Higgins. “I can’t stop smiling,” Bushnell wrote on Instagram. “I feel so incredibly blessed that every misstep, mistake and heartache has led me to you. I couldn’t be happier to call you mine, forever. The journey was well worth it. Thank you Christopher Eric Lane for softening my heart and making it whole. Never going to stop telling you how much I love you and I will hold onto you forever and ever! Lauren Lane has a nice ring to it … I can’t stop listening or looking down at my hand.”

Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images for ACM
Ally Maki and Travis Atreo

The Toy Story 4 star’s longtime boyfriend proposed to her after the movie’s Los Angeles premiere on June 11. “To infinity and beyond,” she wrote on Instagram. “I’ve always told you that you saved my life when I met you. I’ll never stop saying it.... you’re my best friend in the entire world the only person who can make me laugh until I cry and cry until I laugh. You fill every hole in my heart. You heal me. You understand every single quirky part about me and celebrate it all. Most of all you make me a better person. I love you so so much @travisatreo.”

Courtesy of Ally Maki/Instagram
Paul Nassif and Brittany Pattakos

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills vet, who was previously married to Adrienne Maloof, revealed on June 3 that he had proposed to girlfriend Brittany Pattakos with an Instagram video documenting the couple’s special moment. “This weekend I found out I get to spend the rest of my life with my soulmate,” the Botched star wrote, adding the hashtag, “#SheSaidYes.”

Courtesy of Brittany Pattakos/Instagram
Raven Gates and Adam Gottschalk

The couple, who met on the set of season 4 of Bachelor in Paradise in 2017, announced their engagement on June 2. The pair shared photos of the romantic proposal on a rooftop in Dallas, with Gates wiping away a tear as her future husband got down on one knee.

Adam Gottschalk/Instagram
Stella Maeve and Benjamin Wadsworth

The Magicians star announced her engagement to the Deadly Class actor on May 30. “May 10th, this happened,” she captioned an Instagram photo showing off her stunning ring. “My love, life, wife!” The couple began dating after they met at San Diego Comic-Con in July 2018.

Courtesy of Stella Maeve/Instagram
Jill Martin and Erik Brooks

The Today show lifestyle contributor’s boyfriend of nearly two years proposed in The Hamptons over Memorial Day weekend. Both sets of parents and Brooks’ sister surprised them with a visit the next day.

Eugene Gologursky/Getty Images for QVC
Jordan Fisher and Ellie Woods

The Dancing With the Stars season 25 winner popped the question to his longtime love at her parents’ Birmingham, Alabama, home on May 20. “I love you so much, Ellie Woods. Can’t wait to make you my wife,” he gushed on Instagram alongside a video of his proposal.

Courtesy of Jordan Fisher/Instagram
J.J. Watt and Kealia Ohai

The Houston Texans player took to Instagram on Sunday, May 26, to announce his engagement to his longtime love. "I'm the luckiest man in the world. #SheSaidYes," he captioned 10 photos that showed him getting down on one knee to propose by the water and the couple kissing and embracing as the sun set over the ocean. The pair—who met through Watt's former teammate Brian Cushing, who is married to Ohai's older sister Megan—have been dating for three years.

Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic
Scarlett Johansson and Colin Jost

The Avengers actress’ publicist confirmed on May 19 that the couple were engaged after two years of dating. Johansson and the Saturday Night Live star were first spotted getting cozy at an afterparty for the SNL season 42 finale in May 2017. In February 2019, Us Weekly exclusively revealed that the pair were living together. “They are in it for the long haul,” a source told Us at the time. “They have talked about marriage and are fully committed to each other.”

Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic
Hilary Duff and Matthew Koma

After dating on and off for two and a half years, the music producer proposed to the Younger star in early May. “He asked me to be his wife,” she gushed on Instagram. In the comments section of Koma’s post, Duff added, “Thanks for the promotion babe.”

Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images for Entertainment Weekly
Vicki Gunvalson and Steve Lodge

The Real Housewives of Orange County star announced the couple’s engagement in April via Instagram. “I said 'YES' ♥️💍” Vicki wrote. “#engaged #happy #mylove.” A source told Us Weekly at the time that Steve “made her a romantic meal at home and then popped the question.”

 

“He got all of her kids’ and his kids’ blessings before he did it,” the source said. “[She is] so happy.”

Courtesy Vicki Gunvalson/Instagram
Elizabeth Henstridge and Zachary Burr Abel

The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. star announced her engagement to the Make It or Break It alum on Instagram on April 22. “Couldn’t love you any more,” she wrote to her fiancé.

Courtesy of Elizabeth Henstridge/Instagram
Bridgit Mendler and Griffin Cleverly

The Disney Channel alum and her love revealed their engagement on April 21. "We thought we should share the news," Mendler captioned a snap of the pair on the beach as she showed off her new bling. "Griff you are a deep thinker, a steadfast companion, a cheerleader and a challenger, and the biggest goof I know. Looking forward to holding ur hand forever."

Courtesy of Bridgit Mendler/Instagram
Kurt Hugo Schneider and Patty Ho

The singer-songwriter asked his girlfriend to marry him in April after completing an escape room. “She said yes,” he captioned a slideshow of pictures from the proposal. “Been dating the most amazing girl for over 4 years and she’s the absolute best. I’ll prob post a video about the proposal, but we were in an escape room w awesome friends and the final ‘clue’ that we found was the ring.”

Courtesy of Kurt Hugo Schneider/Instagram
Jon Francetic and Jessica Griffin

The Married at First Sight star announced his engagement to the show’s psychologist on April 14. “I just love how happy she looks,” Francetic captioned a photo of the pair smiling as they showed off her engagement ring. “Oh, and we got engaged at the Grand Canyon yesterday! And now @dr.jessicagriffin is mine foreverrrr #shesmine #nervouswreck.” The couple met when Francetic appeared on season 6 of the Lifetime show in 2018 with then-wife Molly Duff and began dating eight months after he and Duff split.

Jessica Griffin/Instagram
Jeremy Allen White and Addison Timlin

Us Weekly broke the news in April that the Shameless star and the That Awkward Moment actress were engaged. The pair — who welcomed their first child together in October 2018 — sparked speculation when they were spotted out at the time with Timlin sporting a gorgeous diamond ring on her left finger.

Coleman-Rayner
Joe Anglim and Sierra Dawn Thomas

The Survivor fan favorites, who met in 2014 while competing on Worlds Apart and started dating three years later, announced their engagement on April 9. “Yes #forever,” Anglim wrote on Instagram, while Thomas gushed, “Forever and ever, amen.”

Courtesy Sierra Dawn Thomas/Instagram; Courtesy Joe Anglim/Instagram (inset)
Don Lemon and Tim Malone

The CNN Tonight anchor announced their engagement on April 6 with a sweet Instagram post. “He gave me a present on his birthday. How could I say no?” Lemon captioned two photos of dog tags reading “Daddy Will You Marry Papa” attached to the collars of their dogs, Boomer and Barkley. The real estate agent shared the same photo on his Instagram Story writing, “He said YES!”

Mike Coppola/Getty Images for Brooks Brothers
Evan Lysacek

Olympic gold medalist Evan Lysacek announced his engagement to girlfriend Dang on Friday, April 5, by posting a sweet shot of her with her ring on full display, looking into his eyes. "I'm the luckiest man alive," he captioned the Instagram pic. 

Courtesy of Evan Lysacek/Instagram
Issa Rae and Louis Diame

The Insecure actress' costars Jay Ellis and Yvonne Orji confirmed the actress' engagement to her longtime love at the 50th annual NAACP Image Awards. "We're very excited for her," Orji said at the event, with Ellis chiming in: "We all found out in different ways because we're all on different text chains," he revealed to ET at the same event. "We talk at different times, so we all found out at different times in different ways."

Amanda Edwards/WireImage/Getty Images
Gabby Barrett and Cade Foehner

From competitors to lovebirds! The American Idol alums, who competed against each other on season 16 of the ABC hit, got engaged in March 2019. “Foehner has a nice RING to it,” Barrett captioned an Instagram snap of her kissing her soon-to-be husband on March 22. Foehner also posted a photo and shared the happy news on Instagram, writing, “Not a day nor hour more can I wait for you to be my bride. Ladies and gentlemen, the future Mrs. Foehner!”

Image Group LA/ABC via Getty Images
Chuck Wicks and Kasi Williams

The country artist shared his proposal story via Instagram on March 8. “I lOVE YOU @kasirosa,” he captioned a video of the sweet moment with Williams, who is Jason Aldean’s sister. “We could hear a pin drop in [those] woods. Nothing but us and the snow falling. It was absolutely perfect. Even if the camera stand I got just for this moment was having some issues. Lol. I’ve waited forever for you and now I will forever be yours. #arewedreaming.”

Courtesy of Chuck Wicks/Instagram
Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola and Christian Biscardi

The Jersey Shore alum announced on March 5 that her boyfriend of two years had popped the question. “I’m completely overwhelmed with happiness,” Giancola captioned a photo of the proposal via Instagram. “Yesterday was the best day of my life! I get to marry my other half, best friend and soulmate. ❤️ I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you @_biscardi I love you!! #Fiance #MrsBiscardi 💍💍💍 #Stillcryingtearsofhappiness.”

Courtesy of Christian Biscardi/Instagram
Danielle Staub and Oliver Maier

Us confirmed on February 28 that the Real Housewives of New Jersey star is engaged to the businessman after six weeks of dating. News of Staub’s engagement came a week after she finalized her divorce from Marty Caffrey. The Bravo star is set to marry Maier, the Duke of Provence, in New York City on March 4.

Bruce Glikas/Bruce Glikas/Getty Images
Jude Law and Phillipa Coan

The psychologist appeared to confirm that she is engaged to the actor after four years of dating by wearing a diamond ring on February 27.

James Devaney/GC Images
Brittany Snow and Tyler Stanaland

Ace-awesome news! Pitch Perfect star Brittany Snow announced her engagement to boyfriend Tyler Stanaland in February 2019. "A couple weeks ago, I said 'YES' about a million times to the man of my wildest & most beautiful dreams," she wrote on Instagram at the time. "After celebrating with friends and family, we wanted to let a few more friends (you guys) know... this happened. I'm still pinching myself and thanking my lucky stars for the truest feeling I've ever felt. Thank you @tylerstanaland for the happiest day of my life & for not proposing in this creepy empty restaurant."

Courtesy Brittany Snow/Instagram
Jessica Rothe and Eric Flem

The release of her horror movie Happy Death Day 2U wasn't the only thing Jessica Rothe had to celebrate in early 2019. The actress confirmed on February 14 that she and her love, Eric Flem, got engaged. "Cat's out of the bag," she captioned a slideshow of photos of herself with her fiancé and dog on Instagram. "Happy Valentine's Day to my brilliant, amazing, wonderful, how-did-I-get-so-lucky FIANCÉ and of course, most importantly, to Otis the pup."

Courtesy of Jessica Rothe/Instagram
Mariah Brown and Audrey Kriss

Mariah Brown announced her engagement to Audrey Kriss on February 15, nearly a month after popping the question at the Women’s March in Washington, D.C. “Forever sounds just about right to me,” the Sister Wives star wrote on Instagram, captioning a photo of herself and her wife-to-be.

Courtesy Mariah Brown/Instagram
Abbie Cornish and Adel Altamimi

The Jack Ryan actress posted an Instagram closeup of her engagement ring on February 14 after the MMA fighter popped the question. “You’ve swept me off my feet my love,” she wrote. “I have been waiting for you. The answer is yes! And may God share this light and love with us forever in his arms. Blessed be this day with you.”

Courtesy of Abbie Cornish/Instagram
Abram Boise and Rachel Missie

The Road Rules and The Challenge alum announced his engagement to Missie on February 14, captioning an Instagram photo of the duo in Montana. “I could not be more honored that @rachelmissie has agreed to be my wife in this life,” he wrote. “Joy. Sheer joy.”

Courtesy of Abram Boise/Instagram
Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom

The on-again, off-again couple got engaged on Valentine's Day 2019. Perry showed off her pink engagement ring on Instagram and wrote, "Full bloom." The Romans actor shared the same selfie to his own page and added a special message: "Lifetimes."

Courtesy of Katy Perry/Instagram
Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood

The Supergirl costars announced their engagement on February 10 after two years of dating. “yes yes yes it will always be yes,” Benoist captioned a photo showing off her new diamond ring via Instagram.

Melissa Benoist
Jennifer Lawrence and Cooke Maroney

Us Weekly confirmed on February 5 that the Oscar winner, who previously dated Nicholas Hoult and Darren Aronofsky, is engaged to the art gallery director. The news came days after Lawrence stepped out wearing a diamond ring on her left hand while out to dinner with Maroney in New York City.

PA Images/INSTARimages.com; JONATHON ZIEGLER/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images
Elisabeth Röhm and Jonathan T. Colby

Us Weekly confirmed on January 30 that the former Law & Order star got engaged to the 11th judicial circuit judge. “We are so blessed to have found each other,” the couple told Us a week after Colby popped the question. “We exchanged our loving engagement vows to one another in our La Jolla, California, home backyard — with the roaring Pacific Ocean waves crashing on the bluff, the sun setting over the sea and the crisp winter air. Truly as romantic as anyone could ever dream of.” Röhm later gushed on Instagram: "I bawled like a baby with such joy to have found my one true love who I will share my life with forever."

Elisabeth Rohm
JJ Lane and Kayla Hughes

The Bachelor Nation star announced his engagement to the former NFL cheerleader on January 28. “She said YES!!!” the former investment banker captioned an Instagram photo of the future spouses. “I can’t wait to marry my best friend, my love, and the woman that has made me better since the day we met!” The Bachelorette alum popped the question in Hawaii.

Courtesy of JJ Lane/Instagram
Adrianne Palicki and Scott Grimes

The Orville costars announced their engagement on January 17. “So happy to spend my life with you @ScottGrimes #ido #iloveyou,” Palicki wrote alongside a selfie of the couple via Twitter. 

MEGA
Michael Clifford and Crystal Leigh

The 5 Seconds of Summer lead guitarist proposed to his girlfriend of three years during a sunset picnic in Bali on January 11. “I was lucky enough to ask the love of my life to marry me in the place it all began for us,” Clifford tweeted. “In the last 3 years she has helped evolve and shape who I am in ways I could never have imagined. I couldn’t ask for anyone better to spend the rest of my life with. I love loving you.”

Courtesy of GUESS?, Inc./Ryan Fleming
Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger

The Guardians of the Galaxy star announced the couple’s engagement on January 13, sharing the happy news in an Instagram post. “Sweet Katherine, so happy you said yes! I’m thrilled to be marrying you. Proud to live boldly in faith with you. Here we go!” the Parks and Recreation alum captioned the pic, which showed them embracing as the author showed off her engagement ring. The pair, who were first spotted together in June 2018, were set up by Schwarzenegger’s mom, Maria Shriver.

Courtesy Chris Pratt/Instagram
Tim Tebow and Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters

The former NFL quarterback proposed to the former Miss Universe in January after nearly six months of dating. He announced their engagement on Instagram with a series of photos which showed him down on one knee as his bride-to-be covered her face with her hands in surprise and the happy aftermath of their big moment. “@demileighnp Thank you for saying YES and making me the happiest man in the world” he wrote. “You’re the love of my life, and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.”

 

Steve Jennings/Getty Images for ESPN
Thomas Markle Jr. and Darlene Blount

Duchess Meghan’s half-brother shared the happy news with the Daily Mail in a piece published on January 8 that he and his girlfriend of two years would be tying the knot in March. The couple, who first became engaged in March 2018, celebrated setting a date for their nuptials over New Year’s. The pair, who were introduced by a friend shortly after Prince Harry and Meghan began dating in 2016, plan to invite the royal couple to their nuptials.  

MEGA
Anthony Ramos and Jasmine Cephas

The Hamilton actor revealed that he is getting hitched to his Broadway costar on Instagram on January 4 with a photo of her showing off her new bling in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. “I love you Jas,” he wrote. “12/24/2018 Thank you for saying yes to writing stories together for the rest of our lives. I'm honored and Blessed to marry you. LEGOOO.” 

Michael Loccisano/Getty Images


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/2T62LTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono