Skip to main content

Zoe Kravitz Drinks Milk Like a Cat and More Wacky Celebrity Diets

Want what they’re having? Celebrities have been known to go to drastic lengths to prepare for a role, but Zöe Kravitz swapped her diet for another animal’s ahead of filming The Batman.

“I did [study cats], I did [drink milk out of a bowl],” the High Fidelity star confessed during a March 2022 appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon when asked about how she got ready to play Catwoman in the film. “I’m method, dude!”

Kravitz’ pre-film diet was a lot more fun than other stars have gone through in order to get ready for a role. For his 2013 film, Jobs, Ashton Kutcher recreated Steve Jobs’ strict “fruitarian” diet. “This is the craziest thing,” the That 70s Show alum said during a September 2019 appearance on Hot Ones. “I was just studying his eating habits and his behaviors and heard that [Jobs] drank a lot of carrot juice.”

After noticing that the late Apple founder had an “orange tinge” to his skin, Kutcher decided to try it for himself in order to accurately portray the character. “I started just drinking carrot juice, like, nonstop, like, all day long. Two weeks before we went to start shooting, I had this pain in my back,” he recalled. “I ended up in the hospital … because my pancreas was crazy out of whack.”

He concluded: “So, don’t drink too much carrot juice. That’s the moral of the story.”

Stars have been known to try surprising eating plans off screen to make a major lifestyle change. “I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year and a half, [so] I’m willing to try different things,” Heidi Montag said in March 2022, revealing that she had started a “carnivore” diet and eats lots of raw meat. “It’s a great source of nutrients! I have felt incredible on this diet. A lot more energy, clarity, increased libido and overall improvement on chronic pain I have had.”

The Hills alum continued: “When you think about where the most nutrients are that are bio available to humans without toxins, organs are very nutritious parts of animals. Culturally organs are a critical part. Eating raw liver is going to preserve as many nutrients as possible.”

Another celebrity drawn to meat is Kim Kardashian, who confessed during the premiere episode of The Kardashians on Hulu in April 2022 that she sometimes breaks her plant-based diet for chicken fingers and Mac and cheese. “I’m vegan most of the time,” she explained. “Like, 98 percent of the time. But today I’m going wild.”

Keep scrolling to learn more about the wacky diets celebrities have tried over the years:


Zoe Kravitz
Kravitz had scheduled "cat time" on the set of The Batman, where she got to know her feline friends. She got so comfortable around them that she actually drank milk from a bowl as part of her prep.  Stephen Lovekin/Shutterstock
Shailene Woodley
"I gather my own spring water from mountains every month. I go to a farm to get my food. I make everything from my own toothpaste to my own body lotions and face oils," the Oscar nominee told Flaunt magazine in August 2013 about her hunter-gatherer lifestyle. One year later, she told Jimmy Fallon that she was a believer in ingesting clay. "I make [toothpaste] out of clay," she said in March 2014. "And here’s the kicker though, you don’t spit it out, you swallow it so you’re getting your daily dose of medicine while you brush your teeth." Vianney Le Caer/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Tom Brady
The quarterback is famous for his intense TB12 diet, which most notably doesn't include nightshades, meaning he doesn't eat tomatoes, eggplant and peppers, among other things. Brady also doesn't eat strawberries — in fact, he only tried them for the first time in September 2014. However, his aversion has less to do with his diet than people might think. "Oh, man, I hate strawberries. I just hate the smell," he confessed during an appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at the time, explaining that the berries often just get lumped into the rest of his dietary restrictions.  Steven Senne/AP/Shutterstock
Heidi Montag
In February 2022, the reality star made headlines when she filmed herself eating raw liver and bull testicles as part of her fertility diet. “Not too bad,” Montag said of the latter. "[It’s] slippery. I might need to cook this. Here’s a little piece of it. Really chewy." Broadimage/Shutterstock
Ashton Kutcher
The Dude, Where's My Car? star ended up in the hospital after strictly following Steve Jobs' fruitarian diet before filming the biopic Jobs. "He was so dumb," Kutcher's wife, Mila Kunis, said during an October 2021 appearance on Hot Ones. "He also, I think, only ate like grapes at one point? We ended up in the hospital twice, with pancreatitis." Michael Simon/Shutterstock
Victoria Beckham
In February 2022, David Beckham revealed that his wife eats the same meal almost every day. “I get quite emotional about food and wine. When I’m eating something great, I want everyone to try it," he said on the "River Café Table 4" podcast. "Unfortunately, I’m married to someone who has eaten the same thing for the last 25 years. Since I’ve met Victoria, she only eats grilled fish [and] steamed vegetables. She’ll very rarely deviate away from there."  Posh Spice reportedly opted for the Five Hands diet after the July 2011 birth of her daughter Harper. The restrictive plan allows dieters to eat only five handfuls of healthy food each day. Kin Cheung/AP/Shutterstock
Anne Hathaway
The Oscar winner lost 25 pounds for her role in 2012's Les Miserables, relying on an "oat paste" to make her look "near death" like her character Fantine, she told Vogue in April 2014. “That weight loss was not a long-term good thing for my health, and it took a really long time to come back from it. And I was still really sick because of it.” Image Press Agency/NurPhoto/Shutterstock
Kim Kardashian
In July 2014, the reality star reportedly went on a "strawberry" diet, which involved eating only strawberries a few days a week. Five years later, Kardashian switched to a much healthier, mostly vegan diet. "My 40s are about being Team Me. I'm going to eat well. I'm going to work out. I'm going to have more fun, spend more time with my kids and the people who make me happy. I'm going to put my phone down," she told Vogue in March 2022.   Frank Micelotta/PictureGroup for Hulu/Shutterstock
Matthew McConaughey
For his award-winning role in Dallas Buyers Club, McConaughey transformed his body. He explained in the months of filming he said he lived like a hermit, staying inside and eating small portions of fish, a cup of vegetables, and tapioca pudding.  Rob Latour/Shutterstock
Leona Lewis
The "Bleeding Love" singer dropped weight in 2010 with a strict eating plan. "I went on a detox at the end of summer last year and basically ate vegetables and nothing processed," she said in February 2010. She added that she only drank water for a month and did the detox for a "little while." Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock
Beyonce Knowles
The musician went on a diet for 2006's Dreamgirls, choosing the Master Cleanse liquid diet. She reportedly consumed the program's plan of drinking only lemon juice, maple syrup, water, and cayenne pepper.   After welcoming twins Sir and Rumi in June 2017, the Grammy winner went on a very strict diet to prepare for her 2018 performance at Coachella. “In order for me to meet my goals, I’m limiting myself to no bread, no carbs, no sugar, no dairy, no meat, no fish, no alcohol,” Beyoncé explained in the 2019 Netflix documentary, Homecoming. “I’m hungry.” Richard Young/Shutterstock
Elizabeth Hurley
The British beauty turned to the watercress soup diet in 2007, reportedly losing ten pounds in a week. "I drink at least six cups a day when I am eager to lose a few pounds," she said of the savory soup. Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock
Gwyneth Paltrow
“I eat dinner early in the evening. I do a nice intermittent fast,” Paltrow said during a March 2023 appearance on Dr. Will Cole’s “The Art of Being Well” podcast. “I usually eat something [at] about 12. And in the morning, I’ll have some things that won’t spike my blood sugar. So, I have coffee. But I really like soup for lunch. I have bone broth for lunch a lot the days [sic].” The Oscar winner’s comments quickly sparked backlash that she was promoting disordered eating. Paltrow later explained that found success with fasting after dealing with side effects from “long COVID" and denied that she was advocating anything. “The way it manifests for me is very high levels of inflammation over time,” she wrote via Instagram Story at the time. “I’ve been working with Dr. Cole to really focus on foods that aren’t inflammatory, lots of vegetables, cooked vegetables, all kinds of protein, healthy carbs … and it’s been working really well. It’s really just what’s worked for me and it’s been very powerful and very positive.” She added: “This is not to say that, you know, I eat this way all day, every day. And by the way, I eat far more than bone broth and vegetables. I eat full meals. I also have days where I eat whatever I want, French fries or whatever. But my baseline really has been to try to eat healthy.” David Fisher/Shutterstock
Chris Martin
Paltrow’s ex-husband, whom she consciously uncoupled from in 2014, has also found success with fasting. “I actually don’t have dinner anymore,” the Coldplay frontman said during a March 2023 appearance on the “Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend” podcast. “I stop eating at 4 [p.m.] and I learned that from having lunch with Bruce Springsteen. I was lucky enough to go over there to lunch the day after we played Philadelphia last year. I was on a really strict diet anyway. But I was like, ‘Bruce looks even more in shape than me’ and Patti [Scialfa, his wife] said he’s only eating one meal a day. I was like, ‘Well, there we go. That’s my next challenge.’” MediaPunch/Shutterstock


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/Q86yiaj

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono