Skip to main content

Tia Mowry's Most Candid Quotes About Her Divorce From Cory Hardrict

Candid confessions. After filing for divorce from husband Cory Hardrict, Tia Mowry has continued to open up about the experience.

Mowry and Hardrict exchanged vows in 2008 after eight years of dating. They later expanded their family with kids Cree and Cairo.

Hours before announcing their split in October 2022, the actress shared a cryptic quote on Instagram, which read, “Letting go can be painful. But it won’t hurt as much as holding on to an illusion.”

Hardrict, for his part, seemingly addressed the personal news with his own post. “Acting off of emotions will cost you every time,” a quote from his Instagram Stories read at the time.

The Sister, Sister alum later took to social media to confirm the end of her marriage. “I have always been honest with my fans, and today is no different. I wanted to share that Cory and I have decided to go our separate ways,” she captioned an Instagram photo of her and the actor. “These decisions are never easy, and not without sadness.”

Mowry continued: “We will maintain a friendship as we co-parent our beautiful children. I am grateful for all the happy times we had together and want to thank my friends, family and fans for your love and support as we start this new chapter moving forward in our lives.”

Us Weekly confirmed at the time that the Bratz star cited “irreconcilable differences” as the reason for the breakup, according to court documents. She didn’t include a date of separation in the paperwork but requested joint physical and legal custody of their kids.

One month later, the former child star opened up about how the pair were working on coparenting their kids together. “I talk to [Cory] every single day. We tell each other [that] we love each other every single day,” Mowry exclusively shared with Us in November. “He is family and he will always be family and a part of our lives forever.”

According to the entrepreneur, a personal “awakening” led to the major life change. “I knew when I really started to focus on my happiness,” Mowry said during a Today interview that same month about knowing that her marriage was over. “I feel like women, we tend to focus on everybody else’s happiness, making sure that everybody else is OK — meaning our children, our friends, our family.”

Mowry’s twin, Tamera Mowry-Housley, also weighed in on the news when she publicly praised her sister’s choice.

“I told her, I said, ‘Tia, I’m looking on your Instagram, this is the happiest you’ve been in a long time. You are glowing,’” Mowry-Housley, told Entertainment Tonight in November. “[I said,] ‘You look different, but in a very positive way!’ I know it’s because she is living her authentic, true self.”

The former Real cohost continued: “And I think that is what everyone should do. And it’s not easy! That’s the thing, it’s scary.”

Scroll down for Mowry’s most candid quotes about pulling the plug on her relationship with Hardrict:


October 2022
“Every book starts with a dedication page, and this one’s dedicated to you: my friends, family, and community,” the Disney Channel alum wrote via Instagram shortly after news of her divorce made headlines. “The outpouring of love I received from you over the last week has been so encouraging and humbling. I’m so grateful to you all. New Book, First Chapter to follow. Love, Tia ❤️.” Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
October 2022
During her first appearance since the breakup, Mowry opened up about her state of mind.   “I’m doing fantastic. I am doing great. I feel very blessed, I feel very honored to be here,” she told Entertainment Tonight. “I have to be honest with you, I am so overwhelmed by the love and support I’ve received. I’m so grateful for the community and the fans that I have. I’m all about inspiring and encouraging, and the DMs that I’ve gotten from so many women who are going through the same thing — it has just been [amazing]. I feel so blessed.” Image Press Agency/NurPhoto/Shutterstock
November 2022
Mowry reflected on the decision to end her marriage, telling Us, “It was not easy. I usually tell people in my close circle, ‘This is not for the weak.’ It’s very hard." The Germany native noted that she has continued to focus on her mental health. “I feel like when you continue to work on you and work on yourself and work on loving yourself and valuing yourself and having self-worth, the decision becomes easier," she continued. "Once you are in tune with yourself, it makes it easier to make that decision. But it doesn’t mean that it’s not hard. It was very difficult because you have to think about so many things.” She added: “Everybody deserves to live their authentic life. And I encourage people to do that no matter what anybody else is saying on the outside and really tap into yourself and tap into what really makes you happy and go for it.”   Image Press Agency/NurPhoto/Shutterstock
November 2022
One month after the split, the Twitches star explained how a personal “awakening” inspired her.  "At the end of the day, it’s about self-love," Mowry said on Today. "When you start to really work on yourself, love yourself, know your value and know your worth, then all of a sudden, there’s this awakening. And it’s not easy. It’s a hard journey, but at the end of the day, I feel like it is so, so worth it.”   Eric Charbonneau/Shutterstock
November 2022
In honor of Thanksgiving, Mowry took to social media to share what she was most thankful for in an Instagram video. “POV: you chased your peace, happiness, and joy," she captioned the clip. “I’m thankful for God. I’m thankful for my friends and family who lift me up and for my community and all the strong women who are growing and evolving with me,” she continued. “Go get yourself some flowers! You deserve it.” Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock
December 2022
Mowry revealed that her holiday plans included her estranged husband. We're gonna have him with the kids on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day. We are family and we always [will] be and that's what's important to me," she told E! News. "It's all about finding what works for everyone. I'm constantly learning every day. I don't know the answers, I can only follow my heart and [do] what gives me peace and what makes everybody happy, and that happiness may look different for someone else." She continued: "I'm just walking and living in my authenticity ... and us spending the holidays together is that." Shutterstock(2)
March 2023
Mowry encouraged women going through similar scenarios in their own lives to be gentle with themselves. "Self-love is the most important thing. Spend time with yourself, have grace with yourself," she told E! News. "I've always been next to someone. I've always had my sister, side-by-side next to me and this is kind of the first time that I've ever been by myself. And so, I'm just really learning about myself, loving on myself and being optimistic and positive. Life is short, so just focus on the positive." Fati Sadou/ABACAPRESS.COM/Shutterstock


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/MFZlBYQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their