Skip to main content

Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez's Sweetest Friendship Moments Over the Years

An unbreakable bond. Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez formed a strong friendship that has lasted more than a decade.

Swift and Gomez originally crossed paths in 2008 on a double date with Joe Jonas and Nick Jones, respectively.

“We actually dated the Jonas Brothers together! It was hysterical,” the former Disney Channel star shared during a radio interview in 2017. “It was amazing, because [Taylor] was the girl with the big curly hair and all the bracelets and the cowboy boots. And I was definitely up-and-coming, and we just clicked.”

Gomez quipped that her bond with Swift was the “best thing” they got out of their brief relationships with the Jonas Brothers musicians.

Over the years, the pair showed their support for each other in the audience of awards shows and on social media. Following the Pennsylvania native’s 1989 album release, the Only Murders in the Building star took to Instagram to gush about the project.

“From hotel room album listening parties, kitchen dance floor album listening parties to driving on the [porch], windows down album listening parties,” Gomez wrote in 2014. “The best part is we were the only ones there. Each time. So happy, honored and proud to know you and your diaries. @taylorswift #1989 BUY IT!!! now I’ll listen live from drowning in my bed sheets.”

The Rare Beauty founder later made multiple surprise appearances at Swift’s concerts. “I’m grateful for those I surround myself with. And this woman right here happens to be one of my favorites. Love our tradition and I love you,” Gomez captioned a sweet Instagram selfie with her bestie in 2018.

Swift, for her part, gushed over the experience in her own post. “To the person I could call at any time of day, who has been there no matter what… you absolutely KILLED IT tonight and everyone was so excited to see you. I love you, and 60,000 people at the Rose Bowl loved you too,” the “Blank Space” singer captioned an Instagram snap.

The twosome have publicly supported each other through public feuds as well. In February 2023, Gomez raised eyebrows when she defended Swift from resurfaced footage of Hailey Bieber (née Baldwin) seemingly dissing the pop star. ​

The Hulu star responded to a TikTok clip of Bieber pretending to gag after Swift was mentioned on Drop the Mic. Gomez replied in the comments section, writing, “So sorry, my best friend is and continues to be one of the best in the game.”

Shortly after her public response, the beauty mogul — who has had her own issues with Hailey due to their mutual ex, Justin Bieber — announced a break from social media.

“I’m very happy. I’m so blessed. I have the best friends, the best fans in the whole world and I just couldn’t be happier,” the “Wolves” singer said in a TikTok Live video at the time. “I’m good. I love who I am, I don’t care. I’m big, I’m not, I don’t care. I love who I am.”

Gomez added: “I’m 30, I’m too old for this. But I love you guys so much, and I will see you guys sooner than later. I’m just gonna take a break from everything.”

Scroll down to relive Gomez and Swift’s sweetest friendship moments:


2008
The duo formed a bond after they met on a double date. That same year, the "Exile" performer appeared on the red carpet for the premiere of Gomez's movie Another Cinderella Story.   Alex Berliner/BEI/Shutterstock
2009
During an interview with Seventeen, the "Same Old Love" songstress revealed that Swift was her go-to friend for love advice. "Every single problem I ever have is healable by Taylor Swift!" she said. "If I ever I have an issue, Taylor has gone through it, because she's older than me, and she gives the most thought-out answers. And what I love about Taylor is that she does believe in the whole love story and Prince Charming and soul mates. Because of her, I haven't lost faith. We literally talk every day."   PORKY/©2009 RAMEY PHOTO
2011
Gomez joined Swift at Madison Square Garden for the Miss Americana star's concert. Matt Sayles/AP/Shutterstock
2013
"Happy 21st birthday to my friend, and the closest thing I've ever had to a sister, @selenagomez!!" Swift gushed via Instagram. NEILL J. SCHUTZER/©2010 RAMEY PHOTO
2015
The Wizards of Waverly Place alum appeared in Swift's "Bad Blood" music video. Youtube
2014
After the twosome attended the Met Gala, Gomez offered a glimpse at their night out. "And during.. sometimes you wanna just be you with someone who knows all your secrets," she captioned an Instagram clip of her and Swift walking around in their gowns. Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
2015
"After nearly 8 years of friendship, I just can't wait to tell our kids we ACTUALLY got to perform in front of thousands of insanely beautiful people together. TWICE!" Gomez wrote via Instagram after her special performance at Swift's Los Angeles concert. "I love you Tay. #bestnightEVER #whatISlife." Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
2017
"I'm glad you were born," the Spring Breakers star wrote alongside an Instagram video of her laughing with Swift. "You write all the thoughts some aren't able to articulate. (ME!) Thank you for giving a voice to this world that is authentic and inspiring. I wish some knew how big your heart actually is.. it's fierce, bold and freaking wild with light. I'm glad you protect that. Love you @taylorswift."   Mediapunch/Shutterstock
2019
According to Gomez, her close friend is the first person who hears her new music. "When I got the videos [for 'Lose You to Love Me' and 'Look at Her Now'], I got to go and show her and her parents," she recalled during a radio interview. "And it was so cute because we all got on the couch and all the lights were turned down, and just seeing Andrea, her mom, and seeing Taylor react that way was one of the sweetest moments." Gomez continued: "She played me Fearless before it came out. And I remember that feeling because ever since then, we have been best friends. And to see where I am and for her to see where I am is such a beautiful … it's just so great." Broadimage/Shutterstock
2020
The pair offered a glimpse at their decade-long friendship after choosing to remain more tight-lipped about their individual lives as they got older. "There has always been this quality of sisterhood, and I don't say that in a basic way," Swift told WSJ. Magazine after her longtime BFF. "I knew from when I met her I would always have her back. In my life, I have the ability to forgive people who have hurt me. But I don't know if I can forgive someone who hurts her." Meanwhile, Gomez praised the Amsterdam star for being in her corner amid personal ups and downs. "There's so much of my friendship with Taylor that people don't know about because we don't necessarily feel the need to post about everything we do," she explained. "She has showed up for me in ways that I would have never expected. Flown in because I was hurt and was going through something. Stuff that was going on with my family. It's been proven year after year and in every moment of my life that she is one of my best friends in the world. We don't agree on everything, but we respect each other with everything." Broadimage/Shutterstock
2021
The Texas native cheered Swift on backstage during her Saturday Night Live performance. Courtesy of Taylor Swift/TikTok
2022
Gomez discussed her friendship with Swift while reflecting on her time in Hollywood, telling Rolling Stone, "I never fit in with a cool group of girls that were celebrities. My only friend in the industry really is Taylor, so I remember feeling like I didn't belong. I felt the presence of everyone around me living full lives. I had this position, and I was really happy, but … was I? Do these materialistic things make me happy? I just didn't like who I was, because I didn't know who I was." Courtesy of Selena Gomez/Instagram


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/W9vTFHu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their