Skip to main content

Justin Bieber's Histories With Ex Selena and Wife Hailey: A Timeline

The heart wants what it wants. Justin Bieber has been wrapped up in drama with Selena Gomez and Hailey Bieber (née Baldwin) for more than a decade — and Us Weekly is breaking it all down.

Justin and Gomez were romantically linked for the first time in 2011 after claiming they were just friends for two years.

“I wouldn’t be with somebody if I wasn’t in love,” the “Baby” singer told New! magazine of Gomez in October 2011. “She makes me laugh and she puts up with my practical jokes. She has really strong family values as well. We were both raised by our moms in single-parent households, and that’s given us a lot of the same family values in life.”

The twosome’s on and off relationship hit a breaking point in 2015. After they split, Justin and Hailey’s friendship turned romantic. The “Sorry” crooner and the model were spotted making out on New Year’s Eve in December 2015. After dating for several months, however, they broke up.

“I know that in the past I’ve hurt people and said things that I didn’t mean to make them happy in the moment. So now I’m just more so looking at the future, making sure I’m not damaging them,” Justin told GQ magazine in March 2016. “What if Hailey ends up being the girl I’m gonna marry, right? If I rush into anything, if I damage her, then it’s always gonna be damaged. It’s really hard to fix wounds like that. It’s so hard. … I just don’t want to hurt her.”

Justin also referred to his relationship with Gomez as “cordial” during the interview.

“We don’t talk often,” he said. “If she needs something, I’m there for her. If I need something, she’s there for me.”

Justin continued: “I don’t want to put anyone in a position where they feel like I’m only theirs, only to be hurt in the end. Right now in my life, I don’t want to be held down by anything. I already have a lot that I have to commit to. A lot of responsibilities. I don’t want to feel like the girl I love is an added responsibility.”

Over a year later, Justin and Gomez gave their relationship another shot. It wasn’t long before they split again, however, and Justin reconnected with Hailey. Two months after Us Weekly confirmed that the Grammy winner and the “Hands to Myself” songstress broke up in May 2018, Justin proposed to Hailey.

The pair tied the knot in September 2018. A year (and another wedding) later, Gomez seemingly called out her ex for moving on so quickly in a song titled “Lose You to Love Me.”

After years of staying mostly mum on the topic, Hailey opted to appear on the “Call Her Daddy” podcast in September 2022. In the first teaser, it’s revealed that she will address claims that she “stole” the singer from Gomez.

Keep scrolling for a full timeline:


2009
Justin met Hailey for the first time after her dad, Stephen Baldwin, introduced his daughter to the singer in 2009. “This is my daughter Hailey,” Stephen told Justin in the resurfaced clip. “We’ve been enjoying your music.” NBC/Today; Charles Sykes/Shutterstock
February 2011
After Gomez referred to Justin as her “little brother” for years, they made their red carpet debut as a couple at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in February 2011. That same month, Hailey posed for another photo with Justin at the premiere of his movie, Never Say Never. Matt Baron/BEI/Shutterstock; Dave Allocca/Starpix/Shutterstock
November 2012
Justin and Gomez called it quits for the first time after more than a year together in November 2012. "Selena broke up with Justin about a week ago. It's been a really challenging experience over the last year because of their crazy schedules," an insider told Us at the time. "Selena definitely had some major trust issues with Justin. They are [young] … it changes from day to day. Right now it is a break and tomorrow it could be back on knowing them .. it's hard to say how they will end up.” Stewart Cook/Shutterstock
2013-2015
After reconnecting in April 2013, the Drew clothing designer and the Wizards of Waverly Place star got back together. For the next two years, their relationship was very on-again, off-again. “I was 18 years old, and it was my first love. The older I get, I’m guarding certain things more. After being put through the scrutiny, I understand what it is,” Gomez told V magazine in February 2015. “When you’re young and you’re being told so many different things … it almost felt like all we had was each other, like the world was against us, in a way. It was really weird but it was incredible. I would never take it back in a million years. You live and you learn, you know?” Niviere/Villard/Sipa/Shutterstock; Stewart Cook/Shutterstock
December 2015- March 2016
By the end of 2015, Justin and Hailey packed on the PDA on New Year’s Eve. Their romantic relationship, however, was over after a few months. In March 2016, the Spring Breakers actress was spotted at Justin’s Los Angeles concert. Shortly after, he shared a throwback photo of the couple via Instagram with the caption, “Feels.” Beretta/Sims/Shutterstock; Broadimage/Shutterstock
August 2016
Amid reconciliation rumors, Justin started seeing Sofia Richie. Gomez threw shade at her on-again, off-again boyfriend via Instagram in August 2016 after he told his followers to stop hating on Richie on social media. "If you can’t handle the hate then stop posting pictures of your girlfriend lol – it should be special between you two only. Don’t be mad at your fans. They love you,” Gomez wrote at the time. Justin responded: “It's funny to see people that used me for attention are still trying to point the finger this way. Sad. All love. I'm not one for anyone receiving hate.” The “Back to You” singer got the last word, however. "Funny how the ones that cheated multiple times, are pointing the finger at the ones that were forgiving and supportive, no wonder fans are mad,” she wrote. “Sad. All love." Stewart Cook/Shutterstock; David Buchan/Shutterstock
November 2017
At the end of Gomez’s 10-month relationship with The Weeknd, she was spotted having breakfast with Justin. Us broke the news in early November 2017 that they were back on. “Selena and Justin are back together,” an insider told Us at the time. “Selena and The Weeknd just fizzled and ended amicably — it wasn’t dramatic and it wasn’t about Justin. But Selena always had feelings for Justin.” Broadimage/Shutterstock; James Gourley/BEI/Shutterstock
December 2017
Just because Justin was back with Gomez, didn’t mean he wasn’t friends with Hailey. A source told Us in December 2017 that the exes communicate via text. “Justin reached out to Hailey. They didn’t talk on the phone and it wasn’t in person, just an exchange of texts,” a source told Us at the time. “There is nothing going on between her and Justin. … They’ve both moved on. The messages were platonic, and friendly.” David Fisher/Shutterstock; Ibl/Shutterstock
March 2018- May 2018
While Justin and Gomez were spotted packing on the PDA all over Los Angeles — and at Justin’s dad Jeremy Bieber’s wedding in Jamaica — their reunion didn’t last. Us confirmed in March 2018 that they were on a “break.” “Selena has tried to convince her family that Justin has changed … but her family just isn’t budging right now,” a source told Us at the time. Two months later, Us confirmed that they were over for good. “Selena started seeing the bigger picture when it came to their relationship,” another insider told Us at the time, noting that Gomez “chose happiness” over her relationship with Justin, which “no one really supported.” INSTARimages.com
June 2018- July 2018
Us broke the news that Justin and Hailey were hooking up again in June 2018. Their relationship quickly went to the next level, with the musician proposing a month later. John Peters/Ace Pictures/Shutterstock
September 2018
Justin and Hailey exchanged vows at a New York City courthouse in September 2018. Less than a year into their marriage, an insider told Us that Justin “stayed away from Selena to be loyal to Hailey.” Broadimage/Shutterstock
September 2019
A year later, Hailey and Justin celebrated one-year of marriage — and tied the knot again! This time, the twosome invited their family and friends for a celebration in South Carolina. Gomez, meanwhile, was in a “good place,” according to a source. “She has been hanging out with old friends and family and keeping herself out of the limelight and away from public places where she might feel bombarded or overwhelmed,” the insider said, noting that she knows she’s “better off” without Justin. “Selena has an amazing support system and couldn’t be more grateful. She is open to dating, but right now she is solely focused on herself and enjoying life to the best of her ability, and getting back to being the Selena that she and all of her close ones knew prior to dating Justin.” Paul Zimmerman/Shutterstock; Broadimage/Shutterstock
October 2019
“In two months, you replaced us / Like it was easy / Made me think I deserved it / In the thick of healing, yeah,” Gomez sang in her first single since completing treatment for her mental health struggles. “And now the chapter is closed and done/ And now it's goodbye, it's goodbye for us.” While fans assumed Hailey responded to the track by sharing a song titled “I’ll Kill You” via Instagram hours after Gomez’s song dropped, the model slammed the speculation. “Please stop with this nonsense… there is no ‘response,’” Hailey replied to an Instagram post about the rumors. “This is complete BS.”
October 2019
As “Lose You to Love Me” continued to make waves, Hailey was accused of sending a message by sharing Summer Walker and Jhené Aiko’s song “I’ll Kill You” via Instagram Stories. “Please stop with this nonsense… there is no ‘response.’ this is complete BS,” Hailey responded at the time. Gomez subsequently spoke out. “I am grateful for the response that the song is getting. I’m so grateful,” Gomez wrote via Instagram. “However, I do not stand for women tearing women down. And I will never, ever be by that. So please be kind to everyone. It doesn’t matter what the situation is. If you’re my fans, don’t be rude to anybody, please. Don’t go off and say things that you just feel in the moment. Just please, for me, know that that’s not my heart. My heart is only to release things that I feel are me, and that I’m proud of. And that’s all I’ll say.” Rob Latour/Shutterstock; Michael Simon/startraksphoto.com
November 2019
“Hailey wasn’t mad about ‘Lose You To Love Me’ at all,” an insider told Us. “Hailey thinks Selena is talented. By ‘liking’ photos of Selena, whether it be a glam shot or ones that her friends post on Instagram, Hailey wants to show that there are no hard feelings. It’s her way of trying to make peace and show her support for Selena in a low-key way, yet public way.” Matt Baron/Shutterstock; Global Citizen/Shutterstock
October 2021
When Justin and Hailey arrived at the Met Gala, they were bombarded with fans yelling Gomez’s name. The model’s cousin Ireland Baldwin called the situation “disgusting” via TikTok at the time. “They’re one of the happiest and most in love couples I’ve ever gotten the chance to be around,” Ireland responded to the footage. “They don’t care about them [crying laughter emoji].” Shutterstock (2)
April 2022
Hailey fired back at trolls who continued to compare her to Gomez in the comments of her TikTok videos. “Leave me alone at this point,” she pleaded. “I’m minding my business. I don’t do anything, I don’t say anything. Leave me alone, please. Enough time has gone by where it’s valid to leave me alone. I beg of you. Truly. That’s my only request. Be miserable somewhere else, please.” Courtesy of Hailey Baldwin/TikTok
May 2022
After Gomez and Hailey both shared videos revolving around skincare, the Rare Beauty founder shut down speculation that she was mocking her ex’s wife. “This is why I believe in taking care of your mental health,” Gomez commented via TikTok. “Guys no idea what I did but I really am sorry. Zero bad intention. Deleting soon.” Shutterstock (2)
September 2022
Hailey’s “Call Her Daddy” interview shut down the notion that she “stole” Justin from Gomez. “I can say — period, point blank — I was never with him when he was in a relationship with anybody. That’s the end of it,” she said. That was a situation where I know for a fact that it was the right thing for them to close that door. They were not in a relationship at that time, but of course, there's a very long history there. … It has nothing to do with me. I know that it closed a chapter and I think it was the best thing that could have happened for him to move on and be engaged and get married and move on with his life in that way." Fans may be surprised to learn that Hailey, Justin and Gomez have spoken behind closed doors. “It’s all respect. It’s all love,” Hailey explained. “That’s also why I feel like if everybody on our side knows what happened and we’re good and we could walk away from it with clarity and respect then that’s fine. … Which had brought me a lot of peace and I’m like, ‘We know what happened. It is what it is.’ You’re never going to be able to correct every narrative.” When asked whether Hailey and Justin have asked Gomez to address her fans about the hate, the Drop the Mic alum said no. She added that the “She” singer has never offered to make a public statement. “What I will say is that she has been in this industry much longer than I have and maybe there is something that she knows about it wouldn’t fix anything,” Hailey said. “The thing is too; I think that everyone is trying to create separation even though there’s clearly not always separation. I would never expect someone to do that for me. She doesn’t owe me anything. Neither of us owe anybody anything except respect. … I respect her a lot and I think there’s no expectations. If that’s something she felt was necessary, that would be amazing, but I respect her.” She concluded of her haters: "They've never ruined anything for me. They're not ruining my life, they're not ruining my happiness and that, I think, is the real win of the whole thing. You're actually not taking anything away from me. So that's what I keep stepping forward with." Shutterstock(3)
November 2022
The actress shut down speculation that there was lingering drama between her and Hailey one month after the pair posed for a photo together at the annual Academy Museum of Motion Pictures gala. "Yeah, it's not a big deal. It's not even a thing," Gomez told Vulture.  Image Press Agency/NurPhoto/Shutterstock; Matt Baron/BEI/Shutterstock
February 2023
Despite denying a feud between the duo, Gomez reacted to a TikTok video theorizing that one of Hailey's since-deleted posts was about her. Hailey had uploaded — and quickly taken down — a video of her lip-synching to the popular audio, "And I'm not saying she deserved it, but I'm saying God's timing is always right," which some fans predicted was aimed at Gomez.  "It's OK!" she commented on one user's post. "I don't let these things get me down! Be nice to everyone! x." That same month, Gomez chimed in when a clip of Hailey seemingly dissing Taylor Swift resurfaced online. "So sorry, my best friend is and continues to be one of the best in the game," she commented.    Courtesy of Selena Gomez/Instagram


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/N0elXyw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their