Skip to main content

Savannah Chrisley: My Parents Are ‘Pushing Through’ Ahead of Sentencing

A trying time. After Todd Chrisley and Julie Chrisley were found guilty of committing tax fraud in their $30 million lawsuit, they’ve been vocal about how they feel about the outcome.

“It has been a whirlwind,” the Chrisley Knows Best patriarch said while breaking his silence on the matter during a June 17, 2022, episode of his PodcastOne “Chrisley Confessions” podcast. “Lot of moving parts, lot of things going on in our lives and a lot of seeing God’s movements right now.”

He added: “We wanted to let everyone know that it’s a very sad, heartbreaking time for our family right now. But we still hold steadfast in our faith and we trust that God will do what he does because God’s a miracle worker — and that’s what we’re holding out for.”

The reality TV couple — who wed in 1996 — were previously indicted in 2019 on 12 counts of tax evasion, bank and wire fraud and conspiracy, which they have fervently denied. After a May 2022 trial, a jury found Todd and Julie guilty on all counts.

“Any future planning in Todd and Julie’s life is pretty much on pause until they learn of the sentencing in the fall,” a source exclusively told Us Weekly at the time. “It’s horrible news and they were not expecting to be found guilty. Their whole life changed in that moment. They aren’t sure what this means for the future of Chrisley Knows Best and all their other projects that were in the works. No one knows what’s going to happen or what to do at this stage.”

The twosome have been awaiting their sentencing hearing, which is scheduled for October 6, 2022, in Atlanta, Georgia. Until then, they were remanded to their home on bail and instructed to follow specific rules, including location monitoring, home detention and spending limits.

The USA Network personalities’ children — they share sons Chase and Grayson and daughter Savannah — have stood by their parents’ side after the verdict was rendered.

“This life is so cruel and we’re all doing the best we can,” Savannah wrote via Instagram later that June. “I will continue to stand by my family and fight for justice. Justice for ourselves and for others that the system has failed. There is only so much I can comment on legally at this moment. … Recently, I’ve felt let down by God, that my relentless prayers have been unheard. But I do believe that He will use every hardship and adversity we go through to strengthen us and prepare us for an even greater purpose.”

Todd — who also shares estranged daughter Lindsie and son Kyle with ex-wife Teresa Terry — further opened up about how the kids were coping.

“The kids are all doing the best that they can, a lot of tears [and] a lot of heartache, a lot of sorrow,” the businessman said during his “Chrisley Confessions” podcast, noting Chase and Savannah would eventually take over recording duties after sentencing. “We’ve got to walk the walk and do whatever we have to do.”

Scroll below for everything the Growing Up Chrisley alums have said about moving forward:


An Unexpected Outcome
Lindsie, who testified in court on her parents’ behalf, shared her own statement of solidarity after the verdict was rendered. “I know most of you are expecting to hear from me on my podcasts this week as I took time to be with my family last week,” she wrote via Instagram Story on June 8, 2022. “The verdict is not what I had hoped or prayed for, and I am deeply saddened for myself, my son and my family as a whole. Please pray for us during this difficult time and know that I will be back when the time is right. Thank you for your continued love and support.” Dana Mixer/MEGA
They’re ‘Devastated’
“The entire family is devastated about the verdict,” a source exclusively told Us of how the pair were coping after learning the jury’s outcome. “It’s horrible news and they were not expecting to be found guilty. Their whole life changed in that moment.” Broadimage/Shutterstock
Still Fighting
Savannah also stood by her parents, noting via her Instagram at the time, “This fight isn’t over,” as she thanked all of the people who “continue to stand by our sides.” Rampage/MEGA
It’s a ‘Whirlwind’
“It’s a tough time right now, but we are grateful for each and every one of you that has taken the effort,” Todd said on their first podcast since the trial. “We’re grateful and appreciative of it. … We’re going to continue to do ‘Chrisley Confessions’ for as long as we get to do it and then Chase and Savannah will take it over. And at that point, they will be the ones that can fill you in on everything that’s going on in our lives at that point.” Debby Wong/Shutterstock
Accepting Prayers
As Todd and Julie await sentencing, they told their followers that they’d accept thoughtful prayers instead of financial gifts. “I want you all to know that the messages that we’re receiving, the mail, the gifts that people are leaving at our doors, the flower arrangements, all of this stuff is just overwhelming and very much appreciated,” Todd said on the June 22, 2022, episode of their podcast. “[But] we don’t want you wasting your money on things like that. We don’t need anything. So, really, the best gift you could give us is prayer. … We’re going to continue to hold our head up and move forward.” Broadimage/Shutterstock
By Their Side
After her feud with her father and allegations that she'd never reconcile with him, Lindsie backtracked in June 2022 when she admitted she intended to support him and Julie. “I will also go on record today and say that I love my parents, I love my siblings, I love my grandmother,” she said on her “Coffee Convos” podcast. “And what is the future of our relationships at this point, I’m currently not going to discuss any more than that, other than the fact that I love them and I stand with them. I will continue to stand with them through the good, the bad and the ugly.” Shutterstock (2)
Finding Their Real Friends
“This is a telling time for us as a family,” Julie said on the June 29, 2022, episode of the pair’s podcast. “Of people who have reached out, and of people who haven’t reached out.” Amanda Schwab/Starpix/Shutterstock
Grayson’s Hurt
The Georgia native later admitted on their “Chrisley Confessions” podcast that their youngest son, Grayson, was upset by the results. “Grayson is the sweetest child and has the most tender heart,” Todd said at the time. “We’ve had so much of an overflowing of love and support, and by all means that support far outweighs any negativity we have had. But there has been some of those comments, and it does hurt his feelings.” He added: “I said to him, ‘Well, you understand that you’re allowing someone that you’re never going to meet and their comment to affect your day, your mood, your self-worth, who your family is.’ I said, ‘If you would spend as much time listening to God as you do this message that someone has sent who has two followers and a cat as their emoji.'” USA Network
Staying United
During the July 13, 2022, episode of his “Chrisley Confessions” podcast, Todd revealed his famous family was “still united” and “standing firm” despite being hurt by the trial verdict. Todd noted that while they are disappointed by the court outcome, they believe “God has a purpose” and the truth will come out. “God has given me that inner peace and he’s given me the full understanding of ‘no one needs to believe our truth as long as we know it,’" he added, revealing he and Julie have become closer after “what they went through.” Broadimage/Shutterstock
Finding Self-Worth
Todd reflected on how his net worth previously affected his self-worth during a July 2022 episode of his podcast. "I got lost when I couldn't tell the difference in my self-worth and my net worth,” he confessed. “And the bigger my net worth became, the less I focused on my self-worth because everything was being built around that net worth. Around stuff.” Eventually, Todd learned that his drive for money was ruining his chances at being happy in his life. "I finally realized that I wasn't competing with everyone else around me, I was competing with me because my self-worth is low,” he continued. “And I think that God is showing me through so many things that he's doing every day that I'm worthy. [He’s saying], ‘I've got you, son, I've got you in my right hand. I've got you right where I want you because your eyes are focused on me and you're not taking them off of me.’" That realization has also helped Todd and Julie become closer amid their legal woes. “I feel like my marriage for me personally, internally, is the strongest that I've ever felt that it's ever been — that's for me, that's how I feel,” the patriarch said of where the couple stand now. “I feel like for the first time in my life, in my marriage, I feel like my marriage is feeding a part of me that I didn't even know was starving. I feel like I understand you from a different level [more] than I ever have before and I feel like that you have opened up more since all of this than you have the entire time that we've been in our marriage." Broadimage/Shutterstock
Keeping Their Heads Up
"If we've done anything by being on television, we've proven that we are not perfect," Todd said during the August 24, 2022, episode of the "Chrisley Confessions" podcast. "We have shown the imperfections. Folks, I have no shame in that. You can't shame me for anything that's going on in my life or in my family, because it was my life, it was my time to live. And it was me making that decision, whether it be good, bad or indifferent." Julie, for her part, noted: "Some of the worst decisions that we made were some of the ones that we learned the most from." Her husband pointed out the silver lining as well, adding: "So, ultimately, that doesn't mean that they were the worst decisions. Because if we learned something greatly from that bad decision that we made, then we're better for it." Rob Latour/Shutterstock
Sending Good Thoughts
During a September 2022 episode of "Chrisley Confessions," Todd said that he and Julie are sending good vibes to the prosecutors and judge involved in their case. "We pray for the prosecutors. We pray that God touches their heart," he explained. "We pray that God opens their eyes and expands their thought process to see it in a different light. We pray for the judge." Splash News
How They’re Coping
During the September 8, 2022, episode of his "Chrisley Confessions" podcast, Todd revealed that he and his family are looking to the Bible for comfort in the aftermath of the trial. "Our family is holding together by the grace of God," he explained. "We have not taken our eyes off of God. We look straight ahead, we don't look behind us. We've truly been in our scriptures so much, and that has helped, along with our counselor, Steve. It's helped so much."  Courtesy Julie Chrisley/Instagram
‘So Angry’
During an October 2022 episode of her "Unlocked" podcast with Julie, Savannah admitted that she was feeling "so angry" in the aftermath of her parents' trial. "Because my whole life could change. And I don't mean money," she explained. "The two people that I've always had there for me and that's been my support system and who I've leaned on, because I'm there for everyone else: my siblings, my friends, whoever it may be. But I always know I can be there for them because y'all have been there for me or you are there for me."  The beauty entrepreneur also told followers to do their own "research" about the court case before jumping to conclusions. "Listen to both sides and you will see the truth behind it all," she said. "Because I know with the parents that I grew up with and that have taught me the difference between right and wrong, that have taught me all the things to do, that were constantly saying, 'Hey, Savannah, follow up on your taxes. Make sure that they're paid.' ... You were always instructing me to do the right thing, and you've always taught me to do the right thing, even when it's hard." Shutterstock
The Grace of God
“I get asked a lot, 'Todd, how have you held up during this time?' You know, 'You look great, you've got a great attitude. How are you doing this?' This was just said to me yesterday,” Todd said during a November 2022 episode of his podcast. “Through the grace of God, that's how I'm doing it. Through the grace of God, because I have accepted — this is going to come as a shock to a lot of y'all — that Todd doesn't know everything but God does and that Todd's way may not be God's way and that's because God's way is better.” Tony DiMaio/Startraks


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/29cplbT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono