Skip to main content

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Ups and Downs Through the Years

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have experienced both highs and lows over the years.

Kardashian and West met in the early 2000s when he was recording a song with her pal Brandy, a singer who is also the older sister to Ray Jthe KKW Beauty mogul’s ex. The duo reconnected years later after her 72-day marriage to Kris Humphries ended. At the time, Kardashian visited Paris to attend West’s fashion show.

“Right before I got married to Kris Humphries, [Kanye and I] were talking and I just went a different direction. I think I had to go through that to figure out what I wanted,” she explained on the Keeping Up With the Kardashians 10th anniversary special in 2017. “After my breakup, I was feeling really low and down and he said, ‘Just come to Paris and see my fashion show.’”

The businesswoman added, “He jokes that he put on this whole fashion show just to get a date with me. So, I went there and I stayed with him, and that’s where we started dating. I swear from the moment I landed, I fell madly in love with him and I thought, ‘Oh, my God. Why didn’t I do this sooner?’ Like, this is what real life is like — love and fun and real support.”

The twosome began dating in the spring of 2012 and Us Weekly confirmed that December that Kardashian was expecting the pair’s first child, North. Four months after welcoming North, the “Gold Digger” rapper proposed to Kardashian. The couple wed in Italy in May 2014.

As their marriage progressed, the pair encountered issues when trying to grow their family. Though Kardashian gave birth to son Saint in 2015, she would welcome daughter Chicago in 2018 and son Psalm in 2019 via surrogate.

“You get your surrogate attorney, you get your surrogate broker and then the broker recommended that we use a therapist that would communicate with me first and then communicate with her and kind of be our liaison,” she explained on Laura Wasser’s “All’s Fair” podcast in February 2020. “Toward the end, we got close enough where we could communicate really without that.”

The pair continued to encounter and overcome hardships over the years, including Kardashian being held at gunpoint in her Paris hotel room in 2016. West abruptly ended his New York concert and rushed to his wife’s side upon hearing of the scary incident.

In July 2020, the Grammy winner announced his run for the U.S. presidency. During his campaign rally in South Carolina, he revealed a very personal tidbit about how he and Kardashian considered aborting their daughter North. He then proceeded to go on a Twitter rant, during which he claimed that Kardashian tried to get a “doctor to lock me up” after his behavior at the South Carolina event.

After months of split rumors, Kardashian filed for divorce from West in February 2021.

Scroll down to see Kardashian and West’s ups and downs through the years.


Early Beginnings
The pair continued to remain in contact after initially meeting through Brandy in the early 2000s. Kardashian said she was talking to West ahead of her marriage to Humphries, but she ultimately reconnected with the Yeezy designer after the marriage ended in October 2011. The couple went public with their romance in April 2012. Shutterstock
Expectant Parents
Us confirmed in December 2012 that Kardashian was pregnant with the pair’s first child. They welcomed North in June 2013. Shutterstock
Romantic Engagement
West planned the sweetest proposal to Kardashian in October 2013. At the time, he brought the reality star to the San Francisco Giants baseball stadium, AT&T Park. A sign at the stadium read, “PLEASE MARRY MEEE!!!” Kardashian’s family and close friends were all in attendance. Shutterstock
Fairytale Wedding
The couple tied the knot at the Forte di Belvedere in Florence, Italy, in May 2014. Kardashian wore a Givenchy dress worth nearly $500,000. The nuptials cost an estimated $12 million. Shutterstock
Pregnancy Complications
Kardashian faced major health issues while she was pregnant with North and Saint. She opened up to Allure in October 2017 about the possibility of carrying her third child, saying: “I would like to, but I’ve had lots and lots of complications. I had preeclampsia. And then I also had something called placenta accreta. We’ve explored surrogacy. We’re thinking about it.” Both Chicago and Psalm arrived via surrogate. Shutterstock
Feuding With Taylor Swift
Despite interrupting her 2009 VMAs acceptance speech, West and Swift later appeared to be on good terms. The “Lover” singer even presented him with an award at the 2015 VMAs. However, they encountered issues when West made an offensive statement about Swift in his 2016 track “Famous.” After Swift spoke out against the derogatory remark, Kardashian leaked footage of Swift seemingly giving West permission to use the lyric. Swift would go on to address the feud through songs on her Reputation album in 2017. Cut to June 2019, Swift called out Kardashian in a Tumblr post for having “orchestrated an illegally recorded snippet of a phone call to be leaked.” In the year that followed, full footage from the frenemies’ call was leaked and Swift claimed in her Instagram Stories that she “was telling the truth the whole time.” Meanwhile, Kardashian tweeted in her husband’s defense and alleged that Swift was “actually lying.” Shutterstock (3)
Kim’s Scary Robbery at Gunpoint
Kardashian flew to France in October 2016 to attend Paris Fashion Week. She was alone in her hotel room one evening when she was robbed at gunpoint by men disguised as police officers. They tied her up and put her in the bathroom before leaving the scene. Upon hearing the news, West abruptly left his set at the Meadows Music & Arts Festival in New York. West told fans at the time, “I’m sorry. I’m sorry. Family emergency, I have to stop the show.” Kardashian would later recall the scary experience in a March 2017 episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. “I saw two guys holding another guy down in police uniforms, right outside of my bedroom, five feet away,” she explained. “So I slid off my bed and picked up my phone, and I’m like, ‘I don’t know how to call 911 in a different country.’ So I called [my bodyguard] Pascal [Duvier] and then the guy came in, grabbed the phone from me, and threw me on the bed. I was like, ‘This is it.’” Shutterstock (2)
Kanye’s Hospitalization
West was hospitalized for extreme exhaustion in November 2016 at the UCLA Medical Center. Just before his hospitalization, West ranted about Jay Z and Beyoncé at a concert in Sacramento, California. He also canceled the remaining dates on his Saint Pablo Tour. A source told Us that his workload, Kardashian’s Paris robbery and the anniversary of his late mother’s death contributed to his breakdown. “He’s been shaken up ever since the robbery in Paris,” the insider said. “It did a number on him as much as Kim. The mere thought that anything could happen to her sent him in a tailspin. He wasn’t sleeping, and he was having nightmares about it.” Shutterstock
Standing by President Trump
West made headlines for his controversial support of President Donald Trump. In April 2018, the rapper even referred to Trump as his “brother” and said that they share “dragon energy.” Though Kardashian claimed that she would not vote for Trump in the 2016 presidential election, she ultimately visited the White House to work alongside the former reality TV star to improve prison reform. Shutterstock
Kanye’s Mental Health
West said on his 2018 album, Ye, that he suffers from bipolar disorder. He later opened up about his mental health struggles on David Letterman’s Netflix show, My Next Guest Needs No Introduction. “I wouldn’t be able to explain that as much just because, you know, I'm not a doctor,” he said in May 2019. “I can just tell you what I’m feeling at the time, and I feel a heightened connection with the universe when I’m ramping up. It is a health issue.” West added, “This — it’s like a sprained brain, like having a sprained ankle. And if someone has a sprained ankle, you’re not going to push on him more. With us, once our brain gets to a point of spraining, people do everything to make it worse.” Stephen Lovekin/WWD/Shutterstock
Differences of Opinion
On an October 2019 episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, the pair fought over Kardashian’s Met Gala look from May 2019. West said he didn’t approve of the outfit since he’s “someone that’s married and in love and the father of what’s about to be four kids,” but Kardashian hit back and said that she didn’t “need any more negative energy” the day before the event. West then argued that it “affects” him when her “pictures are too sexy.” Kardashian, however, continued to stand her ground. “You built me up to be a sexy person and have confidence,” she replied. “Just because you’re on a journey and you’re in a transformation doesn’t mean I’m in the same spot with you.” Nine months later, West criticized Kardashian’s past Playboy photo shoot in a Twitter rant. He posted a photo of himself with their four children and noted that they “will never do Playboy.” Shutterstock
Going West
The “Stronger” rapper purchased a ranch in Wyoming in November 2019. The pair spent many occasions there with their children and invited their extended family to visit in June 2020. Courtesy Kim Kardashian/Instagram
Supporting Each Other’s Achievements
After Kardashian sold a stake in her KKW Beauty brand to Coty in June, Forbes confirmed that her net worth had increased to $900 million. West congratulated her via Twitter by noting how “proud” he was of her becoming a billionaire. Before this, Kardashian raved about West’s Yeezy brand making a deal with Gap. “If anyone knows Kanye, they know how much the Gap and Yeezy means to him so this partnership is his dream come true,” she tweeted. “I am so proud of him.” Shutterstock
Presidential Run
West announced his run for president in July 2020. Later that month, he made headlines for a series of outrageous statements he made during a campaign rally in South Carolina. At the political event, he claimed that Harriet Tubman “never actually freed the slaves” and “just had the slaves go work for other white people.” He also stated that he “almost killed” daughter North via abortion. A source told Us that Kardashian was “deeply upset with Kanye for talking about their personal life and for making matters that are very personal to them and their family public.” MEGA
Kanye’s Erratic Twitter Rant
After his South Carolina rally, West took to Twitter to post several rambling tweets. In one post, he claimed that Kardashian tried to get a doctor to “lock” him up after the comments he made at the political event. “She’s tried so hard to help him, but now Kim and her family feel as though he’s really crossed a line by talking negatively about them publicly and sharing private family matters with the public,” a source told Us. “She feels helpless at this point.” Shutterstock (2)
Standing By Him
After West made more claims about Kardashian and her mother, Kris Jenner, via Twitter in July 2020, the KKW Beauty CEO released a statement about the musician’s struggles with bipolar disorder.   “I’ve never spoken publicly about how this has affected us at home because I am very protective of our children and Kanye’s right to privacy when it comes to his health. But today, I feel like I should comment on it because of the stigma and misconceptions about mental health,” she began via Instagram Stories. “Those that understand mental illness or even compulsive behavior know that the family is powerless unless the member is a minor. People who are unaware or far removed from this experience can be judgmental and not understand that the individual themselves have to engage in the process of getting help no matter how hard family and friends try.” Kardashian went on to call West “brilliant but complicated,” noting he is under a lot of pressure. She added: “Living with bipolar disorder does not diminish or invalidate his dreams and creative ideas, no matter how big or unobtainable they may feel to some. That is part of his genius and as we have all witnessed, many of his big dreams have come true.” After asking for “compassion and empathy,” the reality TV star signed her message, “Kim Kardashian West.” Gregory Pace/Shutterstock
Sticking Together
After jetting off to the Dominican Republic together in August 2020, a source told Us that the pair are back on track. “Their vacation definitely helped put things at ease for the time being, but the issues they were dealing with go deeper than that and unfortunately won’t just be solved with a trip,” one source said. “Their marriage definitely faced some hardships and was just hanging on with Kanye not being able to fully be present for their family, but ultimately Kim wants to keep everyone together and work things out for their kids.” According to a second insider, Kardashian and West “agreed” to stop talking about politics while they work on their marriage. Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP/Shutterstock; MEGA
Breaking Point
In January 2021, multiple sources confirmed to Us that Kardashian and West were headed for a split. “They have both been living separate lives for many months now. Kim and Kanye haven’t been on the same page for a while now,” a source told Us at the time, noting that the makeup mogul was “done dealing with Kanye’s unpredictable behavior.” Gregory Pace/Shutterstock
Officially Over
Kardashian filed for divorce from her husband of six years in February 2021, one month after Us reported that she was "done" with their marriage. Kristin Callahan/ACE Pictures/Shutterstock
Divorce Specifics
Kardashian sought joint legal and physical custody of their four kids and asked a judge to enforce their prenup and terminate the court’s ability to award spousal support. West responded to the filing in April 2021, requesting the same conditions for custody and spousal support that his estranged wife put forth. MEGA
Opening Up
During a June 2021 episode of KUWTK, Kardashian shed some light on the state of her relationship with West after sister Khloé Kardashian noticed her "struggling privately behind [the] camera." After previously getting cagey about her marriage throughout the season, Kim broke her silence. "I just honestly can't do this anymore," she said. "Why am I still in this place where I'm stuck for years? Like, he goes and moves to a different state every year. I have to be, like, together so I can raise the kids. He's an amazing dad, he's done an amazing job. I just think he deserves someone who will support his every move and go follow him all over the place and move to Wyoming. I can't do that. ... I feel like a f–king failure. It's my third f–king marriage. Yeah, I feel like a f–king loser. But I can't even think about that. I want to be happy." E!
Family Reunion
In July 2021, the estranged couple reunited with their kids in San Francisco for a private art showing at the Asian Art Museum. “They came in as a normal family who was there to have fun,” a source exclusively told Us at the time. “They had a really great time with the kids and everyone looked really happy and in a good mood. The kids were running around and laughing.” Courtesy of Kim Kardashian/Instagram
Music Magic
Kardashian attended West’s Donda release and listening party in Atlanta in July 2021. The reality star sat in the stadium with the pair’s four little ones and her sister Khloé Kardashian, sharing footage from the arena via social media.  At the event, West stood silently as his music played throughout the stadium, including lyrics about his life as a newly single man and “losing my family.” One track featured his late mother’s voice saying, “No matter what, you never abandon your family.” MEGA; Courtesy of Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
New Confidence
Six months after Kardashian filed for divorce, she gushed over the lessons she learned from West throughout their nearly 10-year romance.  "As long as he was true to himself, that taught me so much in the best way [about] just being me and living in the moment," she said on the "We Are Supported By" podcast in August 2021. "You don't have to please everyone. As long as I'm myself and as long as I'm doing it the way that I want to, like, you have one life and you're living it for you. That taught me to just be more confident in myself and truly not care as much of what other people thought." Evan Agostini/Invision/AP/Shutterstock; Stephen Lovekin/Shutterstock
Met Gala Collaboration
West didn't attend the 2021 Met Gala, but he did help his estranged wife choose the controversial Balenciaga look that she wore to the September event. After the big night, the rapper shared a series of photos of Kardashian via his Instagram account. His Yeezy company's official account responded by leaving a goat emoji in the comments of the post. Matt Baron/Shutterstock
‘SNL’ Digs
When Kardashian made her Saturday Night Live hosting debut in October 2021, she used her monologue to get in a couple of jabs at her ex. "I married the best rapper of all time," she said. "Not only that, he’s the richest Black man in America: a talented, legit genius who gave me four incredible kids. So when I divorced him, you have to know it came down to just one thing: his personality.” She later poked fun at West's 2020 presidential bid in a joke that also targeted Caitlyn Jenner's gubernatorial run. “Now I know we’re divided as a country, but I’d love America to come together, which is I’m here to announce that I’m running for ... I’m just kidding, guys," she quipped. "I’m not running for president. We can’t have three failed politicians in one family.” Rosalind O'Connor/NBC
Getting the House
In October 2021, Kardashian paid West $23 million for his share of the Hidden Hills, California, home they purchased shortly after their wedding. “She has made her life there and it’s her kids’ main home,” an insider previously told Us of the house. “There was never a question — Kim was going to keep the home.” Broadimage/Shutterstock
Pete Davidson Drama
Amid rumors that the Selfish author had moved on with Pete Davidson, West said that he wanted to get back together with Kardashian. “SNL making my wife say ‘I divorced him’ on TV because they just wanted to get that bar off and I never have seen the papers. We’re not even divorced,” he claimed during an interview with Revolt's "Drink Champs" in November 2021. “So how we — because [it’s] no joke to me, my kids want their parents to stay together. I want their parents — I want us to be together.” That same month, a source exclusively told Us that the Yeezy designer was "hurting" and "not happy" about Kardashian spending time with the comedian.  Shutterstock (2)
Reconciliation Attempt
Shortly after sharing a throwback PDA photo on social media, West made a public plea for his estranged wife to take him back while performing "Runaway" during a benefit concert in Los Angeles. "I need you to run right back to me," he sang. "More specifically, Kimberly." Evan Agostini/AP/Shutterstock
New Court Filing
One day after West mentioned Kardashian during a performance, Us confirmed that the beauty mogul filed legal paperwork to be declared legally single and restore her original last name. Shutterstock (2)
Birthday Party Mishap
In January 2022, West made headlines when he claimed that he wasn't invited to his daughter Chicago's 4th birthday party. “Y’all, I was just wishing my daughter a public happy birthday. I wasn’t allowed to know where her party was, there’s nothing legal that’s saying that this is the kind of game that’s being played,” the Yeezy designer claimed during an Instagram Live at the time, according to TMZ. “It’s the kind of thing that really has affected my health for the longest and I’m just not playing. I’m taking control of my narrative this year.” He added: “I’m being the best father — the Ye version of a father — and I’m not finna let this happen. ... Chicago, happy birthday. I love you and I’m just putting this online because I need y’all’s support.”Shortly after calling the alleged snub, West was spotted in several videos from the outdoor event. A source later told Us that Kardashian was shocked by her estranged husband's comments, noting, “There were always two parties planned for Chicago, which was Kanye’s idea. He was scheduled to celebrate with her at 4pm today." Shutterstock; Courtesy of Kim Kardashian/Instagram
Some Choice Words
West seemingly revealed his real feelings about Kardashian's whirlwind romance with Davidson in a leaked song titled "My Life Was Never Eazy."“God saved me from the crash just so I can beat Pete Davidson’s ass," he rapped in the January 2022 snippet, which was shared via Twitter. Shutterstock (3)
TikTok Trouble
In February 2022, West slammed Kardashian for letting North use TikTok. The makeup mogul clapped back via Instagram Stories, accusing West’s “constant attacks” of making a “healthy and supportive coparenting relationship … impossible.” Stephen Lovekin/Shutterstock; Zelig Shaul/Ace Pictures/Shutterstock
Serious Allegations
In February 2022, West claimed Kardashian accused him of drug abuse, theft and "putting a hit out on her" in a lengthy Instagram post that has since been deleted.  “YESTERDAY KIM ACCUSED ME OF PUTTING A HIT OUT ON HER,” West alleged, two days after slamming his estranged wife for allowing North to launch a TikTok account. “SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT I BEG TO GO TO MY DAUGHTERS PARTY AND IM ACCUSED OF BEING ON DRUGS THEN I GO PLAY WITH MY SON AND I TAKE MY AKIRA GRAPHIC NOVELS AND IM ACCUSED OF STEALING NOW IM BEING ACCUSED OF PUTTING A HIT ON HER THESE IDEAS CAN ACTUALLY GET SOMEONE LOCKED UP THEY PLAY LIKE THAT WITH BLACK MENS LIVES WEATHER ITS GETTING THEM FREE OR GETTING THEM LOCKED UP IM NOT PLAYING ABOUT MY BLACK CHILDREN ANYMORE.” APEX/MEGA; Shutterstock
Showing Support
While sharing photos of his estranged wife and their children from Kardashian's Vogue cover in February 2022, West captioned the post, "GOD PLEASE BRING OUR FAMILY BACK TOGETHER." Courtesy of Kim Kardashian/Instagram; Pixelformula/Sipa/Shutterstock
Terminating Their Marital Status
Kardashian asked the courts to move forward with her divorce from West in February 2022 as a way to help the musician "accept that our marital relationship is over." In court documents obtained by Us at the time, she also claimed that West had been "putting a lot of misinformation regarding our private family matters and coparenting on social media which has created emotional distress," referring to his since-deleted Instagram posts about her relationship with Davidson."While I wish our marriage would have succeeded, I have come to the realization that there is no way to repair our marriage," Kardashian claimed in the filing. "Kanye does not agree but at least it appears that he has come to the realization that I want to end our marriage, even if he does not." Shutterstock (2)
Single Again
In March 2022, a judge granted Kardashian’s request to be declared legally single amid her and West’s ongoing divorce. Shutterstock (2)
Staying Positive
"Being in the public eye and having disagreements publicly is never easy," the reality TV personality told Variety in March 2022. "But I do believe in handling it all privately. I believe in championing publicly and criticizing privately. I don't think I would ever criticize the father of my children on my TV show. That's just not really what I'm about, and I just don’t think that would ever make me feel good." Kardashian said she aims to be "really respectful" toward the musician for the sake of their kids. "The reality is, we're still a family," she explained. "We always will have a love and respect for each other. And even if there's moments where it might not seem like that, there are so many moments that are super positive. I do think it's important for people to see that things aren't perfect all the time, but that they can get better." Broadimage/Shutterstock; Gregory Pace/Shutterstock
Pete Chimes In
After West slammed the makeup mogul in a since-deleted Instagram video, the comedian allegedly weighed in via text. His friend Dave Sirus shared screenshots of the exchange in a March 2022 Instagram post. "Kim is literally the best mother I've ever met. What she does for those kids is amazing and you are so f--king lucky that she's your kids mom," Davidson allegedly wrote, asking West to "grow the f--k up." In a separate message, the actor warned, "I have your back even though you treat me like s--t because I want everything to be smooth. But if you continue to press me like you have for the past 6 months, I'm gonna stop being nice." Jason Merritt/Radarpics/Shutterstock; MediaPunch/Shutterstock
‘Saturday Night Live’ Drama Revealed
During a May 2022 episode of The Kardashians, the SKIMS co-founder told her sister Khloe that West had been less than supportive during her Saturday Night Live hosting gig. “He walked out on SNL mid-monologue. I haven’t talked to him since. He is upset at the fact that I used the word ‘divorced’ — so he wished I said the word 'filed for divorce,'" she explained. “And he was upset that I also said he was ‘a rapper.’ He said, ‘I am so much more than a rapper. I can’t believe you said rapper.'” Matt Baron/Shutterstock
Kim Opens Up About the Hard Times
While giving Khloe advice about her relationship with Tristan Thompson, Kardashian hinted at just how challenging her marriage to the "Gold Digger" rapper was. “We always tiptoe around each other’s situations because we don’t want to meddle. And I respect that no one came to me during my marriage and was like, ‘Are you good?’ Everyone let me have my own journey and see that on my own. When do we jump in? That is what I am so unclear about," the KUWTK alum said to her sister.  “If people knew what my relationship really was like I think they would be like, ‘How did this last this long?' But I can live with myself knowing that I tried everything humanly possible to make a situation work and so I can walk away feeling absolutely guilt free," she continued.  J Mayer/Shutterstock; Michael Wyke/AP/Shutterstock
Father’s Day As a Family
During a June 2022 appearance on Today, Kardashian revealed that she'd celebrated Father's Day with her ex-husband and their kids. "It’s going good,” she told hosts Hoda Kotb and Savannah Guthrie of her coparenting relationship with West. “We had, you know, Father’s Day at the house. The kids spent the day with him and then we had a big Father’s Day dinner and North cooked.” The reality television star also commemorated the occasion via her Instagram Story, writing, "Thank you for being the best dad to our babies and loving them the way you do. Happy Father’s Day Ye.” David Fisher/Shutterstock; Shutterstock
Subtle Shout-Out
West made a surprise appearance at the 22nd annual BET Awards in June 2022, thanking pal Diddy for the "advice" he's shared throughout the years. "He inspired so many of my choices. So many of my life choices. My wife choices," West said. "And here we are. Thanks for that, Puff."   Shutterstock; Inset: Getty Images
August 2022
“Kim and Kanye have been coparenting very well as of late,” a source exclusively told Us Weekly about the former couple's current relationship. “They are very civil with each other and right now, there are no issues. They are both treating each other with mutual respect.” Chris Chew/UPI/Shutterstock; Gregory Pace/Shutterstock
‘Skete Is Dead’
The Yeezy designer shared a photo of a mock New York Times cover via Instagram days after Us confirmed Davidson's split from the Selfish author. "Skete Davidson Is Dead at Age 28," the faux headline read.      Shutterstock (3)
Not ‘Crazy’
During a rant about where his kids will be going to school, West alleged that Kardashian isn’t letting him have a say. “I obviously am dealing with wars at the highest level of control and discrimination based on the level I’m operating at. A conductor gotta turn they back to the audience to direct the orchestra,” he wrote via Instagram. “‘Oh Ye crazy’ is basic as f–k at this point. I’m simply right. I know girls who sell p—y that don’t agree with how my daughters are displayed.” He went on to slam Kris — with Kardashian allegedly texting him a plea to stop — and Davidson. “Ask Pete how those tattoos of my kids doing in the trauma unit,” the musician wrote, referring to reports that Davidson was seeking trauma therapy amid his split from Kardashian after West’s attacks. Shutterstock (3)
Making Apologies
In a promo clip from his September 2022 interview on Good Morning America, the “Jesus Walks” rapper apologized to the SKIMS founder for “any stress I’ve caused,” noting that Kardashian is the “mother of my children.” Laurentvu/Sipa/Shutterstock; Larry Marano/Shutterstock
Doubling Down on the Gatekeeping Narrative
West once again called out Kim and her family while reacting to the backlash he received during Paris Fashion Week in October 2022. (The rapper wore a "White Lives Matter" shirt during his Yeezy season 9 fashion show and slammed Vogue editor Gabriella Karefa-Johnson after she criticized his controversial choice.) “So why did everyone feel so free to attack me about my T-shirt. But Candace Owens was the only public figure to say that it was wrong for the Kardashians to keep me from seeing my daughter,” the "Famous" artist asked via Instagram at the time, referring to his past claims that the Kardashians didn't invite him to daughter Chicago's birthday party earlier that year. “Or we just chime in when we want to tear a Black man down for actually having a political opinion. And for all audience so outraged about my T-shirt. Where was you when I couldn’t see my kids. I went public in hope of public support at the time.” Khloé, for her part, begged her former brother-in-law to put an end to the drama. "Please STOP tearing Kimberly down and using our family when you want to deflect," she wrote in a comment on his Instagram post. "Again with the birthday narrative. Enough already. We all know the truth and in my opinion, everyone’s tired of it.” West wasted no time in reacting to the Good American cofounder's call-out. “YOU ARE LYING AND ARE LIARS YALL BASICALLY KIDNAPPED CHICAGO ON HER BIRTHDAY SO SHE COULD REMEMBER HER FATHER NOT BEING THERE SO THERE,” he responded in all-caps. “YALL ALSO THREW A PARTY BEFORE PSALMS BIRTHDAY WHEN I WAS FLYING BACK FROM JAPAN TO BE THERE FOR HIS BIRTHDAY AND THE FIRST I HEARD ABOUT IT WAS SEEING PICS OF THE PARTY ON LINE.” The hip-hop artist didn't let up, adding, “ALSO I SHOULD SEE MY CHILDREN 100 % OF THE TIME BUT SINCE THERE’S A SEPARATION IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 50% OF THE TIME YA’LL WOULDN’T HAVE PLAYED WITH DONDA LIKE THAT IN JESUS NAME.” Shutterstock (2)
The Anti-Semitism Backlash
West sparked controversy in October 2022 after tweeting about "going death con 3 [sic] On JEWISH PEOPLE" shortly after wearing a "White Lives Matter" T-shirt to Paris Fashion Week. His Twitter and Instagram accounts were restricted, but he continued to double down on his point of view during an interview with Piers Morgan. Later that month, protestors were spotted in Los Angeles with banners that read "Honk if you know" and "Kanye is right about the Jews." Kim broke her silence on the situation via Twitter. "Hate speech is never OK or excusable," she wrote. "I stand together with the Jewish community and call on the terrible violence and hateful rhetoric towards them to come to an immediate end." BauerGriffin/INSTARimages.com/Cover Images ; Broadimage/Shutterstock
Reconnecting Amid Their Divorce
"Kanye tends to not care about his stuff and gives it all away," Kim shared during season 2 of The Kardashians in November 2022. "Even now when he was at the height of not speaking to me and being angry with me. He won a few Grammys and I still reached out and was like, 'I know you just won a few Grammys, I gotta add them to the vault.' He's like, 'OK.' Because the kids want them — and I want them all together." Shutterstock (2)


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/H6hG3Kn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono