Skip to main content

Sarah Hyland and Wells Adams: A Timeline of Their Relationship

For the right reasons! Sarah Hyland and Wells Adams are proof that Instagram can be the beginning of a beautiful love story.

Us Weekly exclusively revealed that the Modern Family star and the Bachelor in Paradise bartender were dating in October 2017. Months later, Hyland shared that the twosome met over social media.

“Have you seen those memes of ‘Slide Into the DMs’? That. He slid into my DMs,” the actress explained on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in January 2018. “I thought he was funny, and he was a fan of [my] show. I saw him as the bartender and I was like, ‘That’s really cute!’”

Hyland referred to Adams’ decision to privately message her as the perfect balance of “sexy,” but not “aggressive.”

“I was single, obviously, and was like, ‘This is really awesome. You’re being very forward,” she said at the time. “But very confident and sexy, and I liked that.”

The twosome took the next step in their relationship during the summer of 2018 when they decided to move in together in Los Angeles.

Hyland later credited Adams for helping her cope with with kidney dysplasia, a debilitating illness that once led her to contemplate suicide.

“He’s seen me at my worst,” she told Self magazine in December 2018. “I think that’s why I feel the most beautiful in his eyes, because he still finds me beautiful after seeing all that. It was a really intimate start to a relationship to have to go through those hurdles at the very, very, very beginning when you’re just even getting to know a person.”

Adams, in return, called his girlfriend the “real-life version” of Wonder Woman that same month.

“Imagine having a vital organ replaced. Imagine having 16 surgeries, going to hundreds of doctors visits and taking thousands of pills. Imagine losing crazy weight because of dialysis, medication side effects and stress. Then imagine, having to do it all over again. This time keeping it quiet while you recovered, all while trolls on the internet judged you for your appearance,” the podcast host told Us Weekly exclusively of Hyland’s health journey at the time. “Oh, and throw in filming the funniest show on TV and executive producing and starring in a movie … and never breaking down. Never losing it. I know Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman on film, but Sarah is the real-life version.”

Adams and Hyland got engaged in July 2019. “That can’t eat, can’t sleep, reach for the stars, over the fence, world series kind of stuff,” the comedy actress captioned a photo from the beach proposal, quoting the 1995 film It Takes Two.

After postponing their nuptials amid the coronavirus pandemic, Hyland and Adams finally tied the knot in August 2022.

Scroll through to revisit their love story:


October 2017
Us broke the news in October 2017 that the twosome had been “seeing each other for months.”  Courtesy Sarah Hyland/Instagram
November 2017
Hyland and Adams were heating up by November 2017. “It is getting more serious as time passes,” an insider told Us at the time. “They really like each other.” Courtesy Sarah Hyland/Instagram
December 2017
The duo dropped the L-bomb on social media as they celebrated their first holiday season together in December 2017. Courtesy Sarah Hyland/Instagram
January 2018
Adams accompanied Hyland to the 2018 Golden Globes in January.  Courtesy Sarah Hyland/Instagram
June 2018
The Bachelorette alum supported the actress in June 2018 amid a major health scare years after her first life-saving kidney transplant. Courtesy Sarah Hyland/Instagram
August 2018
The pair took their relationship to the next level by moving in together during the summer of 2018. “I think it’s brought us closer,” Hyland told Us in August 2018. “I don’t think it’s been long enough to discover pet peeves with each other. I think we’re in that honeymoon phase of living together, so it’s good that nothing is already starting because then I think that’d be a bad sign.” Walter McBride/Getty Images
September 2018
Shortly before their one-year anniversary, the Greek Charming star told Us that Adams was “The One.”  “It’s been perfect,” she gushed at the time. Gabriel Olsen/Getty Images
January 2019
The radio personality confirmed to Us in January 2019 that he was going to propose in the future. “We just moved in together, so I think we’re still kind of, like, feeling each other out, but … it’s gonna happen eventually,” he explained at the time. JB Lacroix/WireImage
February 2019
Hyland commemorated Valentine’s Day in February 2019 by sharing throwback text messages of Adams supporting during her second kidney transplant. “Good luck! You’ll do great! FaceTime me after when you’re loopy. Also, I like you,” Adams texted Hyland back in September 2017 before they were official.  Charley Gallay/Getty Images for Audi
July 2019
Adams popped the question during a beachfront proposal on July 16, 2019. Courtesy Sarah Hyland/Instagram
October 2019
Kids on the brain! Adams exclusively told Us Weekly that he "would love" to start a family with Hyland. "I’d like to have more than one,” the Bachelorette alum said. “I’m older, I’m mid-30s, but she’s still in her 20s, so I don’t think we’re there yet. But I think it’ll be a thing that eventually happens for sure.” He also noted that the airport TSA nearly ruined his proposal to the actress just months earlier. “I hid [the engagement ring] in my drone case and then when I flew into Fiji — if you have a drone, and they see it in the X-ray, they inspect it,” he recalled to Us. “I was really scared that they were going to open the drone case and she was going to see the box that said LS [for Lorraine Schwartz] and it was going to be over.”
October 2019
The couple celebrated their second anniversary by writing sweet tributes to each other on social media. "Two years ago I asked when you were going to ask me to be your girlfriend. This summer you asked me to be your wife. If two years feels like a lifetime then I can’t wait to spend my eternity with you. You’re the calm to my storm. The sun to my moon. The Chandler to my Monica. I can’t wait to marry you @wellsadams," the Modern Family star wrote via Instagram. "Happy two years baby #ToPlutoAndBack." In the comments section, Adams chimed in: "I love you +1 anything you say." He also posted his own message on his personal account, adding: "I knew I was gonna marry her the 1st night I met her. But I guess how anniversary’s work, it’s when you decide to become boyfriend/girlfriend. Whatever, I lost that battle. You’re my person and I can’t wait to drop this day as our anniversary and make a new one with all our friends watching, while they judge our wedding and eat and drink for free...buncha deadbeats." Courtesy of Sarah Hyland/Instagram
June 2020
In June 2020, the couple confirmed that all wedding planning was put "on hold" amid the coronavirus pandemic. "All of my family is mostly on the East Coast, so for them to fly out ... just ages and of course with my health risks, we want to be as safe as possible," she said. Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock
July 2020
The pair celebrated their one-year engagement anniversary via social media in July. "One year engaged to my best friend," she captioned two Instagram photos. "So grateful to be quarantined with the love of my life. One day we’ll get married, but for now, I’ll take eating junk food and Netflix all day every day. I love you to Pluto and back baby." He also shared pics from the proposal, writing, "A year ago today I asked my best friend to marry me. Best decision of my life. Happy engagement anniversary @sarahhyland, I love you +1 anything you say."   Courtesy Sarah Hyland/Instagram
October 2020
Hyland shared a series of throwback photos on Instagram in October 2020 to mark her third year of romance with the reality TV star. "Three years ago I asked you when YOU were going to ask ME to be your girlfriend. Now we're engaged and in the midst of surviving a global pandemic. There's no one else I'd rather be quarantining with," the actress wrote at the time. "Being with you literally 24/7 over the past several months has only made our relationship stronger and I'm so lucky to call you my fiancé. I love you to Pluto and back! Happy anniversary sugar balls 😜."   Adams penned his own tribute to his lucky lady, writing via Instagram, "Happy anniversary sugar tits! The list of things I love about you is longer than my tongue 😛😬love you +1 anything you say." Courtesy Wells Adams/Instagram
November 2020
"Happy 30th birthday @sarahhyland!" the Bachelor Nation alum wrote via Instagram alongside a slideshow of his favorite pictures of his future wife as she marked a milestone birthday in November 2020. "Here's a bunch of pictures that make me very excited about the next 30! Especially the last one  I love you the moistest! Sorry, mostest! To Pluto and back!" Courtesy of Wells Adams/Instagram
January 2021
Adams opened up about how the coronavirus pandemic has changed the couple’s plans for their wedding, which was originally set for August 2020. “I don’t know if a lot of your fans know this, but [Sarah is] immunocompromised. She’s a transplant recipient, so she takes pills so that she doesn’t reject this new kidney in her body,” he explained on the “Click Bait with Bachelor Nation” podcast. “We have to be super careful about the pandemic, more so than most people our age. We had to push it the first time around, that was tough. The thought was to push it to this year.” Although they intend to now say “I do” in the summer of 2021, he hinted at possible alternatives the pair have discussed in case they have to delay their in-person ceremony again. “If this thing continues and we’re not able to do it, we’ll do a courthouse. I’m really pushing for Vegas — powder blue suits, Elvis officiant,” he said.  Michael Simon/startraksphoto.com
May 2021
The Lion Guard alum gushed over her fiancé on his 37th birthday in May 2021. “It’s the love of my life’s birthday!!!! Thank you for always dancing silly, singing loudly, laughing contagiously, and loving endlessly,” she wrote via Instagram alongside two photos of the couple. “I miss you more than words can say and, if it’s possible, I love you even more than that. Since we can’t be together, I’d like for everyone to do a classic @wellsadams shimmy in celebration of you! To Pluto and Back Sugar Balls. Can’t wait to finally marry you one day 💋.” Courtesy of Sarah Hyland/Instagram
October 2021
The New York native shared poolside selfies with the radio personality via Instagram on October 15, writing, “Four years of love, travel, laughter, and trust. You’re my world and beyond. One day we’ll get married… and I CAN NOT WAIT for that day. But for now… posing with canned seltzers is more than enough 😂.” She continued in her post, “I’m so grateful to be able to call you my life partner and best friend. I love you +1 anything you say @wellsadams I am the luckiest ❤️ *cue Ben Folds*.” Courtesy of Sarah Hyland/Instagram
November 2021
"Happy birthday to my beautiful bride-to-be. So often I’m in awe of your natural elegance that I have to capture it. Here are some of my favorite portraits that I’ve taken of you, my love. These are all pictures from epic adventures, and I just have to say ... get ready for another one 😏. I love you plus one anything you say. Happy birthday, baby!" Adams wrote via Instagram in November 2021.  Rob Latour/MPTF/Shutterstock
December 2021
“Fosse but make it Christmas 💃🏼🎅🏼,” Hyland captioned a series of photos via Instagram with her fiancé over the holiday weekend. Courtesy of Sarah Hyland/Instagram
June 2022
"Soooooo I finally had my bridal shower yesterday!" Hyland shared via her Instagram Story, showing off photos from her fun-filled bash, which included a special surprise from her groom-to-be. Courtesy of Sarah Hyland/Instagram
July 2022
The actress celebrated her pending nuptials with a bachelorette party in Mexico. "I love these humans with all of my heart and feel so much gratitude for the space we hold for each other. You all are MAGIC ✨," she captioned an Instagram slideshow at the time. Courtesy Sarah Hyland/Instagram
August 2022
The pair held their long-awaited wedding surrounded by their loved ones and several of her Modern Family costars. “#sarahandwells wedding❤️❤️❤️❤️,” Sofia Vergara captioned an August 20 Instagram photo with Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Nolan Gould. Photo Image Press/Shutterstock
September 2022
The Best in Dough host admitted to Us that he “cried the entire time” during his wedding to Hyland. “I was crying like a baby when she turned the corner with her dad and then I was hugging her dad and I was crying with him, then reading the vows, I was crying and you know what … she didn’t really cry at all,” Adams added, noting their reception was a lot of fun. “And I was like, ‘What the heck? What’s going on?!’” Stephen Lovekin/Shutterstock


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/HBLlVrg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their