Skip to main content

Harry, Meghan 'Uninvited' From Reception Before Queen's Funeral: Report

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'Seemingly Uninvited' From King Charles III's Reception Ahead of the Queen's Funeral: Report
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry. Shutterstock

A not-so-united front. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will not join the royal family to meet with world leaders ahead of Queen Elizabeth II‘s funeral on Sunday, September 18, after seemingly being uninvited.

Biggest Royal Family Scandals Through the Years

Read article

The couple were announced as expected guests alongside senior royals including Prince William, Princess Kate and others. King Charles III invited Harry, 38, and Meghan, 41, to the reception to greet diplomats and international heads of state such as Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern of New Zealand as well as Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako of Japan, but a spokesperson has since clarified that the couple doesn’t meet the requirements to attend.

“A Palace spokesperson has reiterated this morning that Sunday’s state reception is ‘for working royals only.’ No further comment or guidance on why the Sussexes were invited (and now seemingly uninvited),” royal reporter Omid Scobie tweeted on Saturday, September 17.

The Sussexes also were absent from the King’s lunch for the Governors General of the Realms at Buckingham Palace on Saturday. The Prince and Princess of Wales were in attendance along with Charles’ wife, Queen Consort Camilla, and his siblings.

The event will come one day before the memorial services for the late monarch are set to take place at Westminster Abbey on Monday, September 19. Following 70 years on the British throne, Elizabeth passed away at age 96 in Scotland. “The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon,” the official statement from Buckingham Palace stated on September 8. “The King and The Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow.”

In the days following her death, Elizabeth’s eldest son, 73, ascended the throne. During his first address to the U.K. as king, Charles raised eyebrows when he sent well-wishes to Harry and Meghan “as they continue to build their lives overseas” in California.

A Breakdown of the Royal Line of Succession

Read article

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s relationship with the royal family previously grew tense when they announced their decision to step back as senior members of the royal family in January 2020. The duo, who share son Archie, 3, and daughter Lilibet, 15 months, made their exit permanent in February of the following year.

At the time, Harry opened up about his strained relationship with his father. “I feel really let down because he’s been through something similar, he knows what pain feels like … Archie is his grandson,” he explained during a tell-all interview in March 2021. “I will always love him. There’s a lot of hurt that’s happened. I will continue to make it one of my priorities to heal that relationship.”

Prince Harry's Ups and Downs With the Royal Family Over the Years

Read article

A source exclusively told Us Weekly that Charles wasn’t happy with his son’s public comments. “Charles does not agree with Harry trashing his whole family in public,” the insider shared that same month. “Charles thinks these matters could have easily been addressed in private.”

Following Charles’ speech earlier this month, royal expert Gareth Russell weighed in on what the decision means for the trio. “I think the king has made it very clear that he wants to heal the rift,” he told Us. “Family dynamics, of course, are always complicated, but I think we can all see that there’s a great deal of pain.”



from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/4ubpvCc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kaley Cuoco Spanked by Husband Karl Cook While Doing Koala Challenge

The couple that plays together, stays together! Kaley Cuoco and husband Karl Cook took their playfulness to the next level while attempting to do the latest viral craze, the koala challenge. Kaley Cuoco and Karl Cook: A Timeline of Their Relationship The Big Bang Theory   alum, 34, shared two videos of herself and her hubby, 29, trying the challenge, which involves someone moving around another person without falling or touching the ground, on Saturday, April 18. In the first video, Cuoco is on Cook’s back as she says, “Don’t drop me on my head!” “You have to participate, OK? You ready?” the equestrian responds. The 8 Simple Rules alum swings in front of Cook as she bursts out laughing. “This is scary!” she screams between laughs. Cook then puts Cuoco over his shoulder and spanks her several times as the couple struggles to perform the challenge. How Celebrity Couples Are Self-Quarantining “First (of many) MEGA FAIL’s at #thekoalachallenge with my very patient ...

Dynamic Duo! Chris Stapleton and Wife Morgane's Relationship Timeline

Sweet as strawberry wine. Chris Stapleton and Morgane Stapleton have a love story that keeps country music fans swooning. The pair tied the knot in October 2007, four years after meeting as songwriters in Nashville. While celebrating their 14th anniversary in October 2021, Morgane noted how much her life had changed since Chris became part of it. “14 years today. I don’t remember much about life before you. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for hearing me. Thank you for teaching me. Thank you for respecting me,” she gushed via Instagram alongside a romantic black-and-white photo. “Thank you for giving me everything I cherish in this life. I love you more than I’ll ever be able to put into words, but I’ll spend the rest of my time here on earth trying. Happy anniversary my love!” The musicians share five children — a daughter and four sons — whose names have all been kept private. While they make a perfect parenting team, Chris and Morgane also hit all the right notes together ...

Bachelor's Peter Weber and Kelley Flanagan Split

It’s over. Peter Weber and Kelley Flanagan are have ended their relationship, the former Bachelor announced via Instagram on Wednesday, December 31. Peter Weber and Kelley Flanagan's Relationship Timeline Read article “Love is a funny thing. It can make you you feel on top of the world and it can make you feel a pain you wish didn’t exist. I’m here to share that Kelley and I have decided to go our separate ways,” the pilot, 29, captioned a photo of the pair. “While our relationship was filled with countless beautiful memories, our relationship simply didn’t work out in the end. Kelley is someone I will always have a special love for. Someone I have learned more from than she will ever understand. Someone I am so thankful came into my life and someone who I will always wish all of life’s greatest blessings on. These moments in life always hurt, but in my opinion that shows you it was worth the time you spent together. Thank you Kelley.” Earlier this month, the Weber shared tha...