Skip to main content

King Charles III's Quotes About Becoming New Monarch: Everything He's Said

A new monarch. King Charles III succeeded the British throne in September 2022 upon the death of his mother, Queen Elizabeth II.

A Breakdown of the Royal Line of Succession

Read article

“The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon,” Buckingham Palace announced. “The King and The Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow.”

Though Charles has yet to be officially coronated, he is now the ruling monarch of the U.K. and its commonwealth. His wife, Duchess Camilla, is the queen consort. (The queen confirmed in February 2022 that Charles’ second wife would get the title when he took over.)

Inside Queen Elizabeth II's Last Royal Engagement Before Her Death: Photos

Read article

“The death of my beloved Mother, Her Majesty the Queen, is a moment of the greatest sadness for me and all members of my family,” he shared in a statement just hours after his mother’s passing. “We mourn profoundly the passing of a cherished Sovereign and a much-loved Mother. I know her loss will be deeply felt throughout the country, the Realms, and the Commonwealth, and by countless people around the world.”

He continued: “During this period of mourning and change, my family and I will be comforted and sustained by her knowledge of the respect and deep affection in which the Queen was so widely held.”

Charles, the oldest of the queen and the late Prince Philip’s four children, has spent his entire life preparing to one day succeed the throne amid Queen Elizabeth’s historic 70-year reign. Others questioned if Charles would bypass the throne entirely, handing over the reins to his oldest son, Prince William.

Charles, who is also the father of Prince Harry, couldn’t help but take a dig at the chatter during the Prince’s Trust Awards Trophy Ceremony at St. James’ Palace in 2021 when recalling the time he went to discount store T.K. Maxx.

“I remember there were an enormous number of people who were trying to get in, as they were waiting for me to get out. Story of my life …,” he quipped at the time.

Royal Family's Most Heartwarming Quotes About Queen Elizabeth II

Read article

Amid the gossip, it’s clear that Charles has spent a lifetime seriously thinking about his plans as king.

“I’ve had this extraordinary feeling, for years and years, ever since I can remember really, of wanting to heal and make things better,” he revealed in a 2013 Time cover story. “I feel more than anything else it’s my duty to worry about everybody and their lives in this country, to try to find a way of improving things if I possibly can.”

Keep scrolling to read everything Charles has said about becoming king throughout the years:


A Healer
"I've had this extraordinary feeling, for years and years, ever since I can remember really, of wanting to heal and make things better," Prince Charles revealed in his 2013 Time profile. "I feel more than anything else it's my duty to worry about everybody and their lives in this country, to try to find a way of improving things if I possibly can." Reginald Davis/Shutterstock
The ‘Value’ of Becoming King
Nearly 10 years before the queen’s death, when asked about the idea of bypassing his role as the rightful heir to the throne, Charles remarked to Time, “If you chuck away too many things, you end up discovering there was value in them." Dutch Press Photo/Cover Images/INSTARimages.com
He’s Got Jokes
Still, Charles isn’t immune to sharing his sense of humor when it comes to the idea of William surpassing his position. Using his trip to T.K. Maxx as a simile, he joked about the rumors at the 2021 Prince’s Trust Awards Trophy Ceremony. “I remember there were an enormous number of people who were trying to get in, as they were waiting for me to get out. Story of my life …,” the monarch quipped. Tim Rooke/Shutterstock
The Difference Between Prince and King
In a 2018 BBC documentary celebrating his 70th birthday, Charles revealed that he would not dive into political issues when he ascends the throne. “There’s only room for one sovereign at the time, not two,” the monarch remarked at the time, referring to his ability to comment on controversial topics while still prince. “Clearly … I won't be able to do the same things I've done, you know, as heir, so of course you operate within the ... the constitutional parameters,” he shared at the time. Samir Hussein/Pool/Shutterstock
His Pledge to the Crown
Charles declared his allegiance to Britain and all he reigns in his first speech as king in September 2022. "I ... solemnly pledge myself throughout the remaining time God grants me to uphold the constitutional principles at the heart of our nation," the monarch stated. "And wherever you may live in the United Kingdom or in the realms and territories across the world and whatever may be your background or beliefs, I shall endeavor to serve you with loyalty, respect, and love as I have throughout my life." He continued: "My life will, of course, change as I take up my new responsibilities. It will no longer be possible for me to give so much of my time and energies to the charities and issues for which I care so deeply. But I know this important work will go on in the trusted hands of others." Yui Mok/WPA Pool/Shutterstock
God Save the King
Charles, who presides over the Church of England in his role as monarch, made mention of his religious beliefs while officially ascending the throne in September 11. “In carrying out the heavy task that has been laid upon me, to which I dedicate what remains to me of my life, I pray for the guidance and help of almighty God," he stated. Jonathan Brady/WPA Pool/Shutterstock
King Charles III’s ‘Duty to Protect the Diversity’ of the U.K.
Addressing religious leaders at Buckingham Palace on September 16, 2022, Charles spoke candidly about his "duty to protect the diversity of our country, including by protecting the space for Faith itself and its practise through the religions, cultures, traditions and beliefs to which our hearts and minds direct us." The king continued: “My Christian beliefs have love at their very heart. By my most profound convictions therefore, as well as by my position as sovereign, I hold myself bound to respect those who follow other spiritual paths, as well as those who seek to live their lives according to secular ideals." FACUNDO ARRIZABALAGA/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/D7MQj4g

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their