Skip to main content

Katie Maloney Jokes She's Ready for a 'Cougar Era' After Tom Schwartz Split

A new normal. Vanderpump Rules stars Tom Schwartz and Katie Maloney haven’t held back when it comes to discussing their futures following their split.

In March 2022, the reality stars shocked their followers when they announced their breakup via social media. “Well this sucks,” the TomTom co-owner wrote via Instagram. “I’m not the victim. Not gonna write too sad a song. Fully respect Katie’s decision and we’ve had healthy, productive conversations about it. It would be far sadder if she decided to stay with me whilst not happy.”

In his lengthy statement, Schwartz noted that his “heart aches” with the change happening around him. “How am I supposed to capture 12 years of love in a f–king canned Instagram caption. I’m not quite ready to use the ‘D’ word [because] it’s too painful,” he continued. “We had some of the most blissful, romantic, fun times humanly possible over the course of our relationship. I’m talking heaven on earth level joy. She taught me so much about love & being a better partner.”

Maloney, for her part, later got honest what made her decide to pull the plug on their marriage. “The best and only way I can describe it is just waking up and having this voice that just became louder and louder. [Also] just events in my life and in our relationship coming into focus and feeling the weight of them on me,” she shared during an emotional episode of her “You’re Gonna Love Me” podcast that same month.

The former SUR waitress officially filed for divorce days after the pair’s split made headlines, and she went on to reveal why she chose to first.

“I realized that I had to really start prioritizing myself and my happiness as well. It just needed to happen. That’s just what everything inside of me was saying, I thought it got to a point where I just felt like I was going to burst,” she explained on her podcast. “For months, it was building up. I felt just disconnected. I felt like I was drifting further and further away.”

Maloney’s decision to focus on her own future became more clear after costar Raquel Leviss ended her engagement to James Kennedy. “When they announced at the reunion that they had broken it up — it was a bit empowering because when you’re trying to figure out what to do and you see other people be strong and their convictions like that, you’re like, ‘All right, I can do it, I can do it,'” the Utah native exclusively told Us Weekly in April 2022.

Scroll down for everything Maloney and Schwartz have said about moving on amid their divorce:


Not So Fast
While reflecting on the pair's transition out of married life, Maloney opened up about her "peaceful" and "loving" living situation with Schwartz. "It's been the best case scenario I could possibly imagine or hope for. We're still figuring out the next steps, I don't think we're going to live together forever," she shared on an episode of "You're Gonna Love Me" in March 2022. "This past month has just been us having a lot of discussions and processing all the emotions along the way." KCR/Shutterstock
Not Quite Ready to Let Go
In April 2022, the restaurant owner addressed his decision to keep wearing his wedding ring. “This is not me clinging on and being needy,” he said during the Spilling Tea Live with Zack Peter and Adam Newell show, according to Page Six. “There was such a profound love there and I feel naked without it. I’m not clinging on. I am not.” Ralph Bavaro/Bravo
Staying Close
Amid their divorce, Maloney got candid about the next chapter of her life while still living with Schwartz.  "We're kind of in the process of figuring out our next moves of where we're gonna live and what that's gonna be like," the podcast host told Us in April 2022. "So, we've kind of been sharing listings — apartment listings or condo listings — with each other. We wanna stay in the same area because we both have the dogs and we're gonna, like, split custody of that. It's important to be near each other for that regard." Rob Latour/Shutterstock
Looking at Her Future
In April 2022, Maloney revealed that she was "very open" to the possibility of entering the dating scene again.  "The dating apps really scare me, so I don't know if that will happen or definitely not anytime soon," she told Us at the time. “But, I mean, let's say if I was, like, out and there was, like, some little kissing sort of situation, I wouldn't turn it down. I'm open because I think it could be maybe potentially healthy or maybe good for the ego." The Bravo personality added: "I'm not trying to get a boyfriend or a relationship anytime soon, but I don't see any problem in going on a date or just, you know, flirting with someone."   Charles Sykes/Bravo
Supporting Him
During an appearance on the “We Met At Acme” podcast, Maloney noted that she wasn't too concerned about seeing her estranged husband dating someone new. “It would be, like, weird, but I don't think I’d go crazy. I don't think I would feel hurt. I don't think I would feel betrayed,” she explained in April 2022. “I think as long as she wasn't a psycho or, like, as long as she was a good person that was going to be nice … I mean, I can't say that I would be upset.” Mediapunch/Shutterstock
Navigating Things
“Tom and I have been really supportive,” Maloney exclusively told Us while attending the grand opening part of Lisa Vanderpump's new Vanderpump à Paris restraint in Las Vegas. “And it's been, you know, the best, healthiest, [most] positive thing that I can ask for, honestly.” Broadimage/Shutterstock
A Sense of Relief
During a May 2022 episode of the "Bachelorette Happy Hour" podcast, Maloney explained that ending her marriage to Schwartz was something she needed to be happy. “The minute I made that choice, the thing I was scared of the most became like a gift — became an opportunity for opportunity and I was no longer scared of it,” the reality star said at the time. She added that while the breakup “gutted me,” it was more about “leaning in and trusting your gut and listening to that because it’s about the relationship with yourself and nurturing that.” When it came to the topic of dating, the former SUR waitress said she isn’t looking for a boyfriend, but she is open to having fun. “I like going out, flirting. Like, I’ve been on a date,” she shared. Courtesy of Katie Maloney/Instagram
Different Points of View
"Hell no! [Dating] sounds awful to me," Schwartz exclusively told Us in July 2022 about finding someone new. "I've been thinking about this a lot, by the way. The prospect of dating sounds daunting to me and I am dreading going on my first date. I refuse to do it." Maloney, for her part, revealed she was excited to meet new people and make connections. "[I would like to] have fun and get out there and flirt and maybe kiss some boys," she told Us. A lot of [guys] are really young and that's kind of fun too. I’m kind of in a cougar era. Being 36, I can date the young one and the young one's dad. So I kind of love that for me." Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/qfDApK4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their