Skip to main content

Hilaria Baldwin Gifts Alec Baldwin New Wedding Band With Special Engraving

More than a decade of romance. Alec Baldwin first met wife Hilaria Baldwin (née Thomas) in 2011, and she’s been by his side ever since.

The two met by chance at a New York City restaurant in February of that year.

“I wandered into Pure Food and Wine on Irving Place, on an unseasonably warm February evening,” the Saturday Night Live performer recalled via Instagram eight years after they first met. “My friend, [Brendan O’Connell] and I sat down (outside!) and as I turned to my left I saw a woman who would change my life. Entirely. 8 years today. Thanks for all you’ve given me. You are a gift.”

In a joint interview the following year, they revealed that the 30 Rock alum approached the yoga instructor and didn’t ask for her number. Instead, he gave her his card and told her to call him.

“I was standing near the door with my friends when he walked up and took my hand and said, ‘I must know you,’” Hilaria told The New York Times in July 2012. After his future wife mustered up the courage to call him, she got his voicemail. They went on a date a few days later — and it didn’t take long for sparks to fly. The two were officially dating by spring and moved in together within a few months.

Their 26-year age difference (his was born in 1958 while she was born in 1984) was a big concern for the “Mom Brain” podcast host initially, but the filmmaker noticed her maturity right away — especially when she made it perfectly clear what she wanted from a relationship.

“While she was in no hurry, she was very mature and clear about what she wanted — to be married someday,” he recalled.

Alec was previously married to Kim Basinger for nearly 20 years until they divorced in 2002. In 1995, the pair welcomed daughter Ireland Baldwin.

Hilaria, who shares six children with her husband, opened up about being a stepmother to Alec’s eldest daughter in April 2019.

“Sometimes my language about my biological children does not include her. Because I did not birth her and I never want to disrespect the fact that she has a wonderful mother,” the fitness guru shared via Instagram amid criticism that she didn’t speak much about Ireland. “But this will never take away from how much I love her, need her in my life, and think that she is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Please don’t look for trouble where there is none.”

Scroll down to see Alec and Hilaria’s relationship from the beginning:


February 2011
After receiving his business card, Hilaria wasn't so sure about going out with him. "I really didn’t know if I should call him,” she told the NYT. “So my friend dialed the number." Sara Jaye/Shutterstock
Summer 2011
The pair wasted no time before moving in together. They quickly started sharing a New York City apartment within months of their first date. Andrew Gombert/EPA/Shutterstock
April 2012
The Boss Baby star proposed at a lighthouse, which they've since revisited with their children. Picture Perfect/Shutterstock
June 2012
Alec and Hilaria married on June 29, 2012, at the Basilica of St. Patrick’s Old Cathedral in New York City. Henry Lamb/Photowire/BEI/Shutterstock
August 2013
Hilaria gave birth to her first child, Carmen Gabriela Baldwin, on August 23, 2013. Curtis Means/Shutterstock
June 2015
Baby no. 2 came less than two years later. Son Rafael Thomas Baldwin was born on June 17, 2015. Dave Allocca/Starpix/Shutterstock
September 2016
The Baldwin brood kept expanding when Leonardo Ángel Charles Baldwin arrived on September 12, 2016. Erik Pendzich/Shutterstock
May 2018
Another bundle of joy! Romeo Alejandro David Baldwin arrived on May 17, 2018. Gregory Pace/Shutterstock
April 2019
Hilaria revealed that she had suffered a pregnancy loss and felt it was important to share her struggle. "I have always been so open with you all about my family, fitness, pregnancies...and I don’t want to keep this from you, just because it isn’t as positive and shiny as the rest. I think it’s important to show the truth...because my job is to help people by being real and open," she shared via Instagram at the time. Andy Kropa/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
November 2019
The two suffered another miscarriage the same year. "We are very sad to share that today we learned that our baby passed away at 4 months," Hilaria announced via Instagram at the time. "We also want you to know that even though we are not ok right now, we will be. We are so lucky with our 4 healthy babies—and we will never lose sight of this." Courtesy of Hilaria Baldwin/Instagram
April 2020
Hilaria announced she was expecting their rainbow baby five months later. “Sound up. I’ll let the baby do the talking because I don’t have the words to express how this sound makes us feel,” the Living Clearly Method author captioned an Instagram video of her baby-to-be’s heartbeat at the time. “Just got the great news that all is well and all is healthy with this little munchkin. I wanted to share this with you. Here we go again.” Courtesy of Hilaria Baldwin/Instagram
September 2020
She gave birth to Eduardo Pau Lucas Baldwin on September 8, 2020. Courtesy of Hilaria Baldwin/Instagram
December 2020
A viral twitter thread about Hilaria put her at the center of controversy, during which she was accused of faking her Spanish accent and heritage. She said that she and Alec help their kids “celebrate both cultures” and “are raising our children bilingual, just as I was raised. The Boston native traveled to Spain many times throughout her life, and her family moved to Mallorca in 2011. The Hollywood star defended his wife, sharing in an Instagram video at the time, "There's things that have been said lately about people that I love, that I care about deeply, which are ridiculous. I mean, just ridiculous." MediaPunch/Shutterstock
February 2021
After a month-long hiatus from Instagram, Hilaria released an apology. "I've spent the last month listening, reflecting, and asking myself how I can learn and grow," the podcaster wrote in a caption at the time. "My parents raised my brother and me with two cultures, American and Spanish, and I feel a true sense of belonging to both. The way I’ve spoken about myself and my deep connection to two cultures could have been better explained – I should have been more clear and I’m sorry. I’m proud of the way I was raised, and we’re raising our children to share the same love and respect for both.” Courtesy of Hilaria Baldwin/Instagram
March 2021
After welcoming their sixth child (Alec's seventh) in September, they welcomed daughter María Lucía Victoria Baldwin, via surrogate. Courtesy of Hilaria Baldwin/Instagram
October 2021
Alec, who produced and starred in Rust, was part of a tragic shooting on set during which he accidentally shot and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. "My heart is with Halyna. Her husband. Her son. Their family and loved ones. And my Alec," Hilaria shared on social media after the incident. "It's said, 'There are no words' because it's impossible to express the shock and heartache of such a tragic accident. Heartbreak. Loss. Support." Courtesy of Hilaria Baldwin/Instagram
October 2021
The couple went to Vermont in the aftermath of the Rust shooting. “I brought [Alec] up here because we have to mourn Halyna’s death. Alec had a really traumatic thing happen, and I am trying to limit the PTSD,” she told the New York Post at the time. “He needs space for me to take care of him and his mental health. It’s an awful thing that happened. Alec feels awful.” MediaPunch/Shutterstock
December 2021
After the Knots Landing alum opened up about the emotional toll of the Rust incident during an ABC tell-all, he thanked his wife for her support. "No matter what happens to me. No matter what I suffer. If I win or lose, anything. Anything. No one can take away from me the joy and love you have given me, @hilariabaldwin," he wrote via Instagram. "These are tough times. The world is choked with fumes of hate. But you have given me a reason to live. Our life with our family is all I care about. Nothing else. I owe that to you." Courtesy of Alec Baldwin/Instagram
December 2021
Hilaria shared the first photo of her husband since his sit-down interview with George Stephanopoulos earlier in the month. The snapshot showed the couple and their kids getting ready for the holidays. “We got a NYC Christmas tree 🎄,” she wrote via Instagram. “Possible holiday card photo??? We aren’t all looking, but gang’s all here, candy canes and all🍭.” Courtesy of Hilaria Baldwin/Instagram
March 2022
The couple’s “surprise” seventh baby is due in fall 2022, Hilaria announced in an Instagram video. Courtesy of Hilaria Baldwin/Instagram
April 2022
"You ask me from time to time, in your darkest, saddest moments, if I were to know all of what we would go through, 11 years ago when we met, would I walk away? ... You feel as though you roped me into being a sitting target. I don't see it this way and the answer to your question is: I'd do it a million times, Alec," Hilaria gushed in a sweet Instagram tribute on her husband's 64th birthday. "The joyful moments, the scary moments, the passion, the sadness, the amazing people, the frustration, the confusion, the adventure, the laughter ... the being a wife and a mother. Yes, Alec... I'd sign up for it, again and again." Hilaria called her spouse her "best friend," adding, "Those who truly know you, who know your heart, your courage, your fears, your weaknesses, your strengths and your joys...we want you to live and enjoy each moment. Dial down the negative noise. It is a distraction from what life is about. ... We are here to help you heal and get back to YOU, as we all love you, Alec...me, your children, your family, your friends...and so many people who are reading this now. We want you to celebrate life and live it to its fullest. You deserve this and so much more. We love you and happy birthday." Andrew H. Walker/Shutterstock
July 2022
As the couple awaited the arrival of their seventh child together, Hilaria joked about being younger than her husband. "Gave Alec a 90s night music history lesson. Part of the age gap we have…he DIDN’T KNOW THIS SONG!!!!!!,," she captioned an Instagram video of the duo listening to Brian McKnight. "But we do !!!" Courtesy of Hilaria Baldwin/Instagram


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/ljgtRwv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their