Skip to main content

Emily Blunt Jokes Her 1st Kiss Was a ‘Horror Show’ With Lots of Tongue

Mwah! Puckering up on camera is a major part of many celebrities’ careers — and some stars were fortunate enough to have good kisses from the start.

Taylor Swift, for example, ended up in a relationship with the boy who smooched her for the first time. “I was one of the last of my friends to ever kiss a guy. It wasn’t a bad kiss,” the “Look What You Made Me Do” singer told Tiger Beat in 2013. “I think it was cute. We ended up dating for a year!”

Similarly, Milo Ventimiglia said his first kiss, which happened when he was a freshman in high school, was scary, but very sweet. “I was shocked and terrified and in love and feeling something I’d never really felt before,” he told W magazine in June 2017. “And it was amazing and I wanted it again.”

Khloé Kardashian, on the other hand, remembers the circumstances surrounding her first kiss, but can’t recall details of the person she shared it with. “It was on a family vacation in Hawaii when I was 12 or 13,” she wrote in a blog post on her website in April 2016. “The teenagers were allowed to be out until 10 p.m. and we were in an arcade where the hotel kids hung out. I remember I kissed some guy there and I thought I was so cool and so grown. I don’t remember the boy and I can’t tell you anything else about the experience.”

However, some stars such as Leonardo DiCaprio, Kristen Stewart, Selena Gomez and Shailene Woodley didn’t get as lucky in the kissing department, and have horrible memories of the first time they puckered up.

After the Wizards of Waverly Place alum opened up in March 2020 about her awkward smooch with Dylan Sprouse while filming The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, the actor’s twin brother, Cole Sprouse, poked fun at him. Gomez called the moment “one of the worst days of my life” on The Kelly Clarkson Show, leading the Riverdale star to quip via Instagram, “@dylansprouse I can safely say I’ve never had a girl say this about me.”

Making matters a bit more complicated was Gomez’s crush on Cole. “I was obsessed with that show, and I thought we were going to be together one day,” she recalled on the talk show.

Keep scrolling to get all the cringeworthy details of celebs’ awkward first kisses!


Colton Haynes

The Arrow star recalls his first lip-lock as an unpleasant mess. “My first kiss was in the fifth grade, and I was a really big nerd and didn't know how to kiss,” he once told Seventeen. “I think we were playing Truth or Dare, and it was the worst, sloppiest kiss, because we were in fifth grade. There were just too many tongues and it was disgusting."

Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images
Selena Gomez

Unlike most people, the “Fetish” singer had her first kiss while cameras were rolling. Gomez opened up about the smooch, which happened with Dylan on an episode of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, with Tiger Beat magazine in 2009. “I actually leaned in to kiss him and I had my eyes closed a little too early and I ended up missing like half of his lip,” she cringed. “So it ended up being the most awkward kiss in the world. But I was 12 so it was okay and it was good.”

Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images
Meghan Trainor

The “All About That Bass” songstress had a disgusting reaction to her first kiss. She noted on a January 2016 episode of The Late Late Show With James Corden: “He backed me up to my wall and he was like, ‘Can I kiss you,’ and … I was like, ‘Yeah, hold that thought,’ and then I ran to my bathroom and threw up — not because I was grossed out, because I had the flu and it hit me at that moment in time.”

Nathan Congleton/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
Shailene Woodley

Woodley’s first lip-lock was slightly unbalanced. “My first kiss was just awkward as hell," she told Yahoo in August 2013. "I had no idea what I was doing and he knew exactly what he was doing, so it was awkward for me. You have to nurture your inner child and forgive yourself when you think back on things like that because it's okay!"

Stephane Cardinale - Corbis/Corbis via Getty Images
Justin Bieber

The Biebs told ET Canada in February 2011 that kissing a girl for the first time was “kind of awkward.” He explained, “I was, like, 11 or 12. And I was on a snow hill and it was late and we were all cold and I was, like, with this girl and we were together and then I kissed her. It was really awkward.”

Shareif Ziyadat/Getty Images
Rihanna

How was the “Diamonds” singer’s first-kiss experience? Traumatic! “My first kiss was in high school and it was the worst thing ever,” she told Rolling Stone in 2011. “He pretty much dumped his entire saliva glands into my mouth. It traumatized me. I didn’t kiss for, like, ever.”

Samir Hussein/Samir Hussein/WireImage
Ed Sheeran

The British crooner was inspired by a popular action film, but it didn’t go quite as he planned. “My first kiss with tongues was probably like everyone's first kiss with tongue,” Sheeran told andPOP in 2012. “I think the first kiss I saw on TV was in a James Bond movie where Pierce Brosnan just goes in with tongue, so yeah, it was one of them! Very awkward and wet."

Patrick Aventurier/WireImage
Leonardo DiCaprio

Yuck! The Oscar winner called his first smooch “the most disgusting thing in my life.” He explained to Movieline in 1995, “The girl injected about a pound of saliva into my mouth, and when I walked away, I had to spit it all out. It was awful."

Robin Utrecht/AFP/Getty Images
Lucy Liu

Liu had a crush on the boy who gave her her first kiss, but she still found it quite gross. “This guy that I had a huge crush on invited me to see Return of the Jedi. I was, like, 15, and very awkward,” she told Entertainment Weekly in March 2010. “He walked me home and then he kissed me. I didn’t know what French kissing was. I remember [thinking], ‘Oh, my God! It’s so disgusting!”’

Bruce Glikas/FilmMagic
Katy Perry

The “Chained to the Rhythm” singer’s first kiss came during a game of Spin the Bottle when she was in sixth grade. “I spun the bottle and, all of a sudden, I felt like there was a wet fish in my mouth,” Perry said in the September 2017 issue of W magazine. “That was my first kiss. When you're in sixth grade, there's no art to French kissing. There's no cadence, no beautiful up and down, no waves. Instead, it just feels like your mouth is getting invaded by a slug."

Donato Sardella/Getty Images for UGG
Kristen Stewart

The Twilight alum vividly remembers her first kiss being “horrible.” She told The Daily Beast in September 2015, "It was f—king repulsive. I was 14 and it was gross. It was not good."

Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/37psNow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their