Skip to main content

90 Day Fiance’s Paul and Karine’s Ups and Downs Through the Years

90 Day Fiancé stars Paul Staehle and Karine Martins have made headlines for their tumultuous relationship on more than one occasion.

The couple met online after he decided to look for love outside of his native Kentucky. “I haven’t had the best of luck in past relationships here locally,” he explained on 90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days. “I’ve been betrayed. I’ve experienced unfaithful girlfriends — a lot of negative, chaotic things. Being burned that many times definitely affects anybody.”

Staehle and Martins faced early obstacles in their relationship, including a language barrier that forced them to communicate through translated text messages. However, he ultimately moved to Brazil to live with her.

The pair tied the knot in Brazil in November 2017. They welcomed son Pierre in March 2019.

“I’m very happy, very excited,” Staehle exclusively told Us Weekly shortly after their son’s birth. “I’m also very nervous and want to do everything the best that I can and do everything right. Everyone keeps asking how it feels to be a dad. Anyone can make a baby, but going through the day-to-day process of being a father is going to be a new experience. I’m very happy, very honored and very privileged and I want to make sure I do my absolute best for Pierre.”

Martins, for her part, noted that the delivery “was super hard” on her. “I am fine and happy, even with the hard time I have had,” she said.

Staehle and Martins hit another roadblock in July 2020 when he claimed she and Pierre were missing after an altercation that led to police being called to their home. “Karine took off with Pierre and I don’t know where they are,” he claimed in an Instagram Story video.

Staehle later alleged that Martins filed a “full restraining order” against him. She claimed in a written statement that he sexually assaulted her and would not allow her “to leave the house.”

Martins addressed the incident one day later, telling her Instagram followers that she was not missing. “I want you all to know that me and Pierre are doing well now,” she wrote via her Instagram Story. “All this past days I had a lot going on. I had issues where the police was called because I feared for my life and my son’s life which led me to ask for help and ultimately be rescued from an environment that no longer was healthy for none of us involved in the situation.”

Scroll down to revisit the TLC stars’ ups and downs through the years.


First Meeting

After connecting online, Staehle traveled to Brazil to meet Martins in person. Their relationship appeared on season 1 of 90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days in 2017.

Courtesy of Paul Staehle/Instagram
His Legal Troubles

Staehle admitted on the TLC reality show that he had a criminal record. He was found guilty of felony arson in 2014. “One of the relationships I was in ended so badly, it ended up getting me in some serious trouble, and I haven’t explained it all to Karine yet,” he said during a 2017 episode.

Courtesy of Paul Staehle/Instagram
Language Barrier

The couple did not know how to speak each other’s language, so they communicated via translated text messages early in their romance. “Sometimes the translations are way off and it causes some problems,” he explained.

Courtesy of Paul Staehle/Instagram
Wedding

Staehle and Martins wed in her native Brazil in November 2017.

Courtesy of Paul Staehle/Instagram
Cheating Accusations

The two joined 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way for season 1 in 2019. Staehle noticed Martins was receiving text messages and Instagram comments from American men and questioned her about it, though neither ever admitted to being unfaithful.

Courtesy of Paul Staehle/Instagram
Miscarriages

Martins suffered two miscarriages before welcoming son Pierre. “The first miscarriage was very early on. We weren’t really that attached,” Staehle told Us in October 2018. “Right after that second miscarriage went through, we got pregnant again. It was like, boom, boom.”

Courtesy of Paul Staehle/Instagram
DNA Request

After Martins announced she was pregnant with their son, Staehle asked her to get a paternity test on the 90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days tell-all episode.

Courtesy of Paul Staehle/Instagram
Baby Boy

The reality stars welcomed son Pierre in March 2019.

Courtesy of Paul Staehle/Instagram
Divorce?

Martins confirmed to Us in November 2019 that she had split from Staehle and was “looking for a lawyer.”

Courtesy of Paul Staehle/Instagram
Two Sides

Staehle alleged on Instagram Live in December 2019 that Martins left with Pierre to spend the holidays with musician Blake Sakal. She denied his claims, clarifying on her Instagram Story that she did “not run away with another man” or tell “Paul he won’t see Pierre.”

Courtesy of Karine Staehle/Instagram
Hospitalization

Martins was hospitalized in July 2020 for an undisclosed reason. “Karine is OK,” he wrote via his Instagram Story at the time. “Everything is fine.”

Courtesy of Karine Staehle/Instagram
The Big Move

The TV personalities joined 90 Day Fiancé: Happily Ever After? for season 5 in 2020. She called him a “no good husband” during an episode after she moved to the U.S. and discovered his lackluster choices for a home for their family.

Courtesy of Karine Staehle/Instagram
The Fight

Police were called to the duo’s home in July 2020 after an altercation that stemmed from Martins talking to an attorney about “child support and divorce.”

Courtesy of Paul Staehle/Instagram
Missing?

Staehle alleged in July 2020 that Martins and Pierre were missing after she filed a “full restraining order” against him. In her written statement, she claimed that he sexually assaulted her and kept her Green Card so she could not “leave the house.” Martins later told fans she was not missing but hinted that the marriage was over. “Relationships are hard and sometimes it just can’t be fixed anymore,” she wrote. “I need this time to organize my thoughts, work on myself and care for my son after everything we have been through in the last year and a half.”

Courtesy of Paul Staehle/Instagram
Speaking Out

Staehle opened up about his rocky road with Martins via an Instagram Story post in August 2020. “It truly breaks my heart it has come to this,” he wrote. “I have bent over backwards. I found work. Got a new home. A new car. Let her buy anything she wanted. I did the cooking cleaning laundry and took care of Pierre.” He claimed that he “never” assaulted anyone in his life and revealed what his past domestic violence violation was when he was “arrested over a very well written message that she could come get her stuff.” 

The reality star continued: “The other arrest was because I let my ex live with me because she had no where [sic] else to go. She called the police to get me arrested and get all my stuff but the officer that right saw through the BS and arrested her also. Same ex has since messaged me to hang out and babysit her kid. Which I declined.” Staehle added that he has now “made motions to the court for karine to get mental help.” 

He hinted that Karine is pregnant as he concluded: “I have had to double up on my therapy to cope with this madness. Her motion against me with false allegations is for a 3 year restraining order against me and both my children. Alimony and child support. But I cannot see her or my children at all.”

Courtesy of Paul Staehle/Instagram
His Allegations

Staehle claimed while filing a protective order against Martins that he “found glass in my food,” which he alleged she put in his meal. He further claimed that she “assaulted” him and endangered their son, Pierre, by allowing the toddler to run in the street and play in cabinets with chemicals in them. “[Her] friends have been calling me threatening to come to my home and kill me,” he alleged. “They requested I pay them $10,000 or I would never see my son again.” A judge ordered Martins to not communicate or come within 500 feet of Staehle.

Courtesy of Paul Staehle/Instagram
Sex Reveal

Staehle announced the sex of his and Martins second child in August 2020, writing via Instagram: “I have to cope the fact I probably will never see my wife and son again. Or see the birth or ever see my unborn child. … I have lost my sons.”

Courtesy Karine Martins/Instagram


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/33zNZtx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their