Skip to main content

Zayn, Gigi and Yolanda's Most Candid Quotes About Their Family Dynamic

A rocky relationship. Gigi Hadid’s family welcomed Zayn Malik into the fold when the two began dating, but trouble between him and her mother, Yolanda Hadid, eventually surfaced.

Gigi and Malik were first linked in November 2015. They briefly broke up in June 2016 before temporarily calling it quits again in March 2018. They split for a third time in January 2019, but Us Weekly broke the news in January 2020 that they were back together. Us confirmed in April of that year that the couple were expecting their first child, and their daughter, Khai, arrived in September 2020.

The former One Direction member opened up about his relationship with the model in September 2017. “We try not to think about [dating in the spotlight] too much,” he exclusively told Us at the time. “There are a lot of people who are too busy in other people’s lives. I just concentrate on my relationship and try to do right by my girlfriend and she does by me, and we hope for the best, as we all do!”

Gigi and Malik bonded even more after the arrival of their daughter. “She’s a wicked mom,” he told iHeartRadio’s Valentine in the Morning in March 2021. “Obviously, she’s a really big help with everything, and she’s doing well.”

The singer confessed that he did not “expect to be quite so into” parenthood. “It’s been really easy for me and Gig to kind of just ease into it,” he explained. “She kind of made it easy for us, she sleeps really well, she loves her milk. It’s just feeding and changing diapers at the moment.”

The pair relied on her family as they made the shift, setting up their home base in Pennsylvania, where the Hadids have a farm. Gigi also looked to Yolanda as a source of inspiration as she figured out how to be a first-time mother.

“Best I could ever ask for,” she wrote via Instagram in May 2020 while pregnant with Khai. “Happy Mother’s Day to the one I’ll do my best to emulate. I love you beyond words @yolanda.hadid you are a superhero!!!!!”

Gigi’s family seemingly embraced Malik from the get-go, but things took a turn in October 2021 when he released a statement about “an argument [he] had with a family member of [his] partner’s.” The tweet came after TMZ reported that Yolanda wanted to file a police report about an alleged incident with her daughter’s boyfriend.

According to the outlet, the reality star claimed that the musician “struck” her. “I adamantly deny striking Yolanda Hadid,” he retorted in a second statement, encouraging her to “reconsider her false allegations.”

Us confirmed in October 2021 that the couple had split, with a source revealing, “Zayn and Gigi have silently separated. They’d been having problems for a while and tried to figure them out, but it just wasn’t working.”

Scroll through the gallery below to revisit Malik, Gigi and Yolanda’s quotes about their relationship.


Supportive Mom
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills alum shared a cuddly photo of her daughter and the crooner via Instagram in August 2017. “Summer Loving,” she captioned the pic, adding a red heart emoji. “#Family.” Shutterstock (2)
Part of the Family
Yolanda could not say enough kind words about Malik in February 2018. “He’s a beautiful human being from Bradford, England,” she told the Daily Mail at the time. “He’s from the same background that I’m from, him and I get along great and he’s like a son to me. It’s all good. He has no family here and he’s so far away, so I understand that life because I lived that life. I think that I’m just a mama to him.”   She continued: “When you raise your children, I hope I instilled the best in them to make the right choices and turn to me and say, ‘I love this man,’ then I’m going to love them too. This is their journey and I’m just here to support both of them as long as they make each other happy, working through things, then I’m happy.”   Charles Sykes/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Too Blessed to Be Stressed
“I love whoever my children love and I’m very blessed with the men that they chose,” the Netherlands native told Us in October 2018. “I’m happy.”   Shutterstock (2)
Her Nearest and Dearest
Gigi opened up in the March 2021 issue of Vogue about giving birth to Khai with Malik, Yolanda and sister Bella Hadid by her side. The profile noted that she moved out of her cottage on her mother’s Pennsylvania property to live nearby with her boyfriend and their daughter. “We’re still close by, but we have our space to be our own little family,” she said. “I always want to be here full-time. I love the city, but this is where I’m happiest.”  Stephen Lovekin/Shutterstock
Taking a Stand
The California native revealed in July 2021 how the former boy bander learned to hold his own among her family. “At first he was like, ‘How do I get a word in edgewise?’ But now he is very comfortable. He speaks his mind. When he’s in the middle of a family thing and everyone’s like, ‘Zayn, whose side are you on?’ he’s charming,” she told Harper’s Bazaar. “He’s usually on my mom’s side. So he’s smart in that sense.”   Shutterstock (2)
A Public Dispute
Malik spoke out in October 2021 after TMZ reported that Yolanda was considering filing a police report against him following an alleged altercation. “As you all know I am a private person and I very much want to create a safe and private space for my daughter to grow up in,” he wrote in a statement released via Twitter. “A place where private family matters aren’t thrown on the world stage for all to poke and pick apart. In an effort to protect that space for her I agreed to not contest claims arising from an argument I had with a family member of my partner’s who entered our home while my partner was away several weeks ago.”  He continued: “This was and still should be a private matter but it seems for now there is divisiveness and despite my efforts to restore us to a peaceful family environment that will allow for me to coparent my daughter in a manner in which she deserves, this has been ‘leaked’ to the press. I am hopeful though for healing for all involved with the harsh words shared and more importantly I remain vigilant to protect Khai and give her the privacy she deserves.”   Malik later disputed the claims in TMZ’s article, telling the outlet, “I adamantly deny striking Yolanda Hadid, and for the sake of my daughter, I decline to give any further details and I hope that Yolanda will reconsider her false allegations and move toward healing these family issues in private.” Courtesy of Zayn Malik/Twitter


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/3nK0POy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono