Skip to main content

Bridget Marquardt Recalls Reconnecting With Late Hugh Hefner in a Dream

They see dead people, too! Many celebrities have shared some spooky supernatural stories based on their encounters with the paranormal.

Holly Madison and Bridget Marquardt revealed that they had very strange experiences while living in the Playboy mansion with Hugh Hefner.

“The mansion is a home that’s very intriguing for so many reasons,” Madison, who lived there from 2001 to 2008, detailed to Nylon in August 2021. “People talk about it being haunted. There’s all these weird urban legends like trafficking tunnels. It takes on a life of its own.”

Marquardt, who lived in the mansion from 2002 to 2009, agreed that she could definitely feel “the nostalgia and the old energy” while living there.

“I had little things happen,” Marquardt said about her experience seeing a woman standing in the doorway of her closet. “She had long, black stringy hair, very pale, very thin. She was wearing a white T-shirt that was too big on her and black acid wash-y jeans. She was more modern-day and I feel like I recognized who she was.”

The Holly’s World alum added that she tried to “rationalize” the various encounters for a while until she finally accepted that these things would keep happening.

“For me, it took a bunch of different experiences before I thought ‘OK, there’s something weird going on here.’ I said I wish I had more proof it was real, and right away when I said that, her TV turned on by itself and the volume went all the way up,” she detailed.

Looking back on it afterward, Madison considered it a sign that something would occur when she was looking to be alone in the mansion.

“I would go hide in that bathroom. It was the one place in the house where nobody would go, and sometimes the toilet would flush by itself, and I always thought that was kind of weird. It always came during these weird, introspective moments at the time,” she added. “I don’t know what they were trying to tell me.”

Lily Collins also reflected on how she found herself being “woken up by flashes of images,” while preparing for her role as Ted Bundy’s ex-girlfriend in the 2019 film Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile.

“I didn’t feel scared — I felt supported,” Collins told The Guardian in May 2019. “I felt like people were saying. ‘We’re here listening. We’re here to support. Thank you for telling the story.'”

Scroll down for more stories about stars encountering the unexpected:


Bridget Marquardt
The "Ghost Magnet With Bridget Marquardt" podcast host claimed that she reconnected with the late Hugh Hefner in a dream. "I was standing there and then all of a sudden, I hear him coming down the stairs and he comes running down the stairs and his arms were open wide and he gave me what we used to call his big laugh and was like, 'Oh, my darling' and he gave me a big hug," she told E! News in October 2021. "I could feel his smoke in the satin on his smoking jacket. I could smell his cologne. It was just so, so real." Shutterstock
Lisa Rinna
The reality TV star explained that she believed in ghosts after several instances of strange behavior. During an appearance on Celebrity Ghost Stories in March 2015, Rinna detailed how she used to "feel this breeze go behind me" in an old house that she lived in with her husband Harry Hamlin. MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Jenna Bush Hager
In 2018, Hager told her Today cohost Hoda Kotb about feeling like the White House was haunted when she lived there. She noted hearing "1920s piano music, as clear as day, coming out of the fireplace." Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for The Hudson River Park Friends Playground Committee
Mike Colter
"I'm from the south and there's a lot of things that happen in the south that don't happen anywhere else," Colter told Kelly Clarkson on her talk show in 2019.The Luke Cage star described an incident that occurred "night after night," which his mother explained as a spirit being attracted to his energy."When I was a kid, I used to have this thing that was sitting on my chest when I would sleep and it was keeping me from getting up and I couldn't open my eyes and I would struggle," he detailed. "I couldn't breathe very well." Charles Sykes/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Lily Collins
"I discovered that 3 a.m. is the time when the veil between the realms is the thinnest and one can be visited," the actress explained to The Guardian in May 2019. Gregory Pace/Shutterstock
Holly Madison and Bridget Marquardt
“I don’t know if it’s something that follows me around,” Madison shared with Nylon in August 2021 about her history with the paranormal. “My house in L.A. is almost 100 years old. There’s all kinds of voices and door opening and disembodied voices. I enjoy it, though; I like the entertainment.” Marion Curtis/Starpix/Shutterstock
Celeb Ghost Stories: Stars Who’ve Had Supernatural Encounters
They see dead people, too! These celebrities have claimed that they have either seen or experienced a beyond-the-grave encounter, whether it be in a home, a bathroom, or the bedroom. Find out the spooky supernatural stories of stars like Jessica Alba, Kesha, Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, and more. Peter Kramer/NBC/NBC NewsWire; Monty Brinton/CBS via Getty Images; Michael Tran/FilmMagic; CBS; Paul Drinkwater/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
Ariana Grande
The "Bang Bang" singer had a terrifying supernatural encounter following a visit to Stull Cemetery in Kansas City, "which is known as one of the seven gates of hell on Earth." "I felt this sick, overwhelming feeling of negativity over the whole car and we smelled sulfur, which is the sign of a demon," she told Complex. Later, "weird things" would happen to Grande when she heard "whispers" one night in bed, along with "disturbing images with, like, red shapes" and this "massive black matter." Raymond Hall/GC Images
Kesha
The singer claimed she had sex with a ghost while speaking to Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS FM show in September 2012. "I had a couple experiences with the supernatural," Kesha claimed. "I don't know his name! He was a ghost! I'm very open to it." Later, she told Rolling Stone that she had to undergo an exorcism. "I know it sounds like the most ridiculous story, but I went to my healer… and she told me that because of my job, I exude energy." In October 2021, the "Praying" singer announced that she's working on a new reality series tentatively titled Conjuring Kesha. According to her statement about the new show, Conjuring Kesha will follow her and her friends as they visit "paranormal hotspots" across the globe. "We will explore life’s great mysteries and aim to catch something never before seen on camera," she continued. "My hope is to show that supernatural isn’t just the thing of myths and fables. We’re embarking on a spiritual and cosmic exploration. Come with me to experience it all.” Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
Emma Stone
The Amazing Spider-Man actress claimed in a July 2014 interview with David Letterman that her dead grandfather was haunting her and hilariously leaving her some pocket change. "My grandfather leaves quarters. It's just amazing," Stone claimed. "It's him! It's absolutely him!" She added that she had never met this late relative of hers. "It's exactly like that. It's that... But it's him! You guys, it's him." CBS
Peter Jackson
The Hobbit director recalled a terrifying experience from the '90s while he was filming Lord of the Rings on location in New Zealand. "One night I woke up and there was a figure in the room," Jackson recalled to The Daily Telegraph. "She was really scary - her face was like a silent scream. She glided across the room and disappeared into the wall." The Hollywood mastermind told his wife about it the next day and her response was even scarier: "She said, 'Was it the woman with a screaming face?' We had never spoken about it." Hagen Hopkins/Getty Images
Jessica Alba
"I felt this pressure and I couldn't get up, I couldn't scream, I couldn't talk, I couldn't do anything," the Sin City star said at a 2008 junket for her film The Eye. "Something definitely took the covers off me and I definitely couldn't get off the bed, and then, once I did, I screamed, ran to my parents' room and I don't think I spent many nights in that house ever again." Monty Brinton/CBS via Getty Images
Eric Bana
The actor told Us Weekly that the crew of his 2014 horror flick, Deliver Us From Evil, experienced a haunting on set while shooting the movie. "I know for a fact the makeup, special effects team had some truly scary things occurring," Bana told Us. "They had a ghost in their workshop — there's absolutely no doubt... It got to the point where some of them would slip on the floor, they could no longer sleep there, there was no chance." Screen Gems/Courtesy Everett Collection
Cynthia Rowley
The designer recalled a terrifying incident related to her Greenwich, Connecticut estate on Celebrity Ghost Stories. "The feeling in the house was much more ghostlike," she said, adding that she would see "this sort of apparition in the corner of a room" of a lady wearing a scarf over her face. One holiday season, Rowley escaped a fire in the home. The local fire chief later told her that the woman who once owned the mansion was the Diamond Match heiress "who was badly burned" in a blaze. Kris Connor/FilmMagic
Matthew McConaughey
McConaughey was "freaked out" when he first saw an elderly female ghost one night in his home. "When I first moved in there, I had a tent and I put it up on the floor of the upstairs bedroom with my sleeping bag and my dog," he recalled to TeenHollywood.com in 2003. That night, he heard some strange noises including "a sound like a dime dropping from 10 feet off the ground onto a glass table." The actor ran "buck naked" but couldn't find the culprit. Gaz Shirley/Jennifer Buhl/PacificCoastNews.com
Alyson Hannigan
The Buffy the Vampire Slayer alum told the San Francisco Gate in 2003: "I have a ghost in my house… I don't think he died there because there's a law in L.A. that when you buy a house, if somebody's died there, they have to disclose that." Still, reasoned the actress, "He's very friendly. My friend saw him first one night. She said, 'I don't mean to alarm you but I just saw a man follow us out of the house.' And I said, 'Well, at least he's gentlemanly.'" Michael Tran/FilmMagic
Susan Boyle
The "I Dreamed a Dream" singer claimed in a 2011 interview with The Sun that she's seen her late mother's spirit. "Her energy is still there. I've actually seen my mother in the house," she told the British tabloid. "I think she was letting me know she was all right. There was a lovely smell." Matt Kent/WireImage.com
Carrie Fisher
The Star Wars actress recalled the death of a close friend, a Republican operative named Greg Stevens, who overdosed in her mansion many years ago. "Lights would go on and off, and I had this toy machine, that when you touched it would say, 'F--k you! Eat s--t! You’re an a--hole!'" Fisher told Vanity Fair in 2006. "And it would go off in the night, by itself, in my closet." Eventually, Fisher's friends arranged an exorcist in the house. "And after that things were fine." Araya Diaz/Getty Images
Gillian Anderson
The X-Files actress participated in a Reddit AMA, where she said she believes in an alternate universe and has even felt its presence. "I've definitely felt other spirits," she said. "I'm quite sensitive to it. And yes. But it's not something you can really talk about with too many people, especially not me." D Dipasupil/Getty Images
Kate Hudson
In the special disc set of her 2005 horror flick, The Skeleton Key, Hudson recalled a spooky supernatural story about a home in London once rented by her mom, Goldie Hawn. "I've seen ghosts plenty of times," Hudson said. "I've seen a ghost of a woman with no face, and that was really creepy." The actress later clarified her comments on a U.K. talk show. "[It's] a fifth energy," she said. "When you see something, you are supposed to tell the energy what year it is and that they don't belong." Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com
Miley Cyrus
The singer claimed in an interview with Elle UK that she witnessed paranormal activity in a London apartment she rented in 2009. "One night, my little sister... was standing in the shower and all of a sudden, I hear her scream," she recalled. "I run in there and the water had somehow flipped to hot but it was still…" Cyrus, meanwhile, said she experienced a spooky bathroom experience herself. "I thought I had seen a little boy sitting on the sink watching me take a shower." Paul Drinkwater/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
Keanu Reeves
The Matrix actor admitted in an interview that he experienced a supernatural encounter as a young boy. "I was living in New Jersey when I saw and felt this ghost," Reeves recalled. "I remember just staring at this suit, which had no body or legs in it as it came into the room before disappearing. It was a double-breasted suit in white, and I looked at my nanny, who was just as shocked as me. I just couldn't get back to sleep afterwards, and I still see the figure in my dreams." Peter Kramer/NBC/NBC NewsWire
Joan Rivers
The late comedienne told Larry King that after moving in to her Manhattan apartment, she was always cold and her dog refused to enter the home. "You felt awful and scary, and things were locked that shouldn't be locked," she said. "I used to say, 'This is stupid. This is nonsense. There's a reason for this.' And then at one point you'd say, 'You cannot say that anymore. Something is going on here.'" The reason? "This lady had died in the apartment. And she just was angry." Charles Sykes/Bravo/NBCU Photo Bank
Hillary Clinton
Washington Post political reporter Bob Woodward recalled a particular incident in his book, The Choice, from 1995 when then-First Lady Hillary Clinton consulted the spirit of Eleanor Roosevelt. According to Woodward, spiritual adviser Jean Houston was called to the White House to help Clinton reach out to the late lady Roosevelt, who spoke through the politico at one point. "'I was misunderstood,'" Clinton said at one point, as a conduit for Roosevelt. Michael Kovac/WireImage.com; Universal History Archive/Getty Images
James Valentine
Maroon 5's guitarist claimed he saw a ghost in the L.A. country home of Harry Houdini. "I was the only one who ever stayed there the entire time," Valentine said on A&E's Private Sessions in 2008, while the rest of his bandmates, including Adam Levine, refused. "One night, I was there with my girlfriend at the time and we were about to go to bed," he recalled. "She went upstairs.. There was a hallway that went up to the second and third floors and I saw somebody walk up... no one was there." Kevin Winter/Getty Images
Demi Lovato
The performer recalled a terrifying episode from when they were allegedly haunted on the Mack at Nite radio program. "I totally believe in ghosts," Lovato said, recollecting one horrifying incident from when they were 8 years old, involving their closet. "When I shut it," Lovato said on the show, "I saw a little girl. She was dressed like she was from the 1800s, and was standing in my closet." Debra L Rothenberg/FilmMagic
American Idol Season 10 Contestants
The American Idol season 10 house was a scary place, according to contestants. James Durbin told reporters in 2011 that he "saw something white that looked like an arm." The singer added that he and Pia Toscano were upstairs one day when "the doors flew open." Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP
Adele
The Grammy winner moved into a 10-bedroom, $6 million home in Sussex, England in 2012, but the home reportedly gave the singer a big scare. According to The Sun, the performer told a friend her home — which used to be a convent — gave her "the creeps" after she heard strange noises. The "Someone Like You" singer reportedly hired around-the-clock security personnel to help her sleep at night — in peace and safety. Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com
Lady Gaga
The pop star told Harper's Bazaar UK that the ghost of Alexander McQueen helped her write her smash hit, "Born This Way," after his suicide. "I think he planned the whole thing," she said. "Right after he died, I wrote 'Born This Way.' I think he’s up in heaven with fashion strings in his hands, marionetting away, planning this whole thing." Kevin Winter/Getty Images


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/3joIcgM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono