Skip to main content

Hannah Brown’s Relationship With Her Brother Patrick: Everything We Know

Not the way you’d expect to meet your future sister-in-law! As Bachelor Nation may know, Hannah Brown’s brother, Patrick, is in a relationship with Haley Stevens, the woman who claimed she was dating Jed Wyatt when he left to film (and eventually won) season 15 of The Bachelorette.

While the former Miss Alabama’s season was airing during summer 2019, Stevens came forward and claimed that Wyatt told her that he went on the ABC series to pusher his music career, but he would be with her when he got home. Stevens also shared alleged text messages in which Wyatt said “I love you” the day before he left to film.

“I had to take a step back and make a sacrifice for a couple of months or a number of weeks for him to be able to have this opportunity. I was like, ‘OK, I love him. I can do anything for six weeks. We can do anything for six weeks, two months,’” she told Us Weekly at the time. “In hindsight, I’m embarrassed that I let myself be on the back burner that way.”

While Hannah and Wyatt got engaged during the finale, she pulled the plug on their relationship after learning more about his romance with Stevens. In her November 2021 memoir, God Bless This Mess, she claimed he “changed” his story every time they spoke about it.

“He knew this girl. They were friends. They had been to the Bahamas together, but just as friends. He had told her he loved her, but he was drunk at the time,” she wrote. ”Hiding something in order to ‘not hurt my feelings’ is still untruthful. It’s trying to have your cake and eat it too, and while it might benefit you in the short term, this is exactly the kind of behavior that ruins relationships. Forever.”

According to Stevens, Hannah’s sibling followed her on Instagram when season 15 of The Bachelorette.

“This was before Jed even got home,” she claimed on the “Reality Steve” podcast in June 2019. “Immediately, I’m like, ‘Why?’ Alarms kind of start sounding, I get a little uneasy. Like, why does he know about me? Why is he following me? That just seems way too coincidental.”

It would only be a matter of time before the twosome started dating, with Stevens sharing snaps with Patrick in February 2021. Wyatt was the first to address their relationship.

“At the end of the day, [Haley] was hurt. And she was doing her best to get back both at me and try to get some traction for her band, which, you know, sucks. But now looking back, I’m glad she did. Because otherwise, I would have still been where I was, you know, and I think it would have been toxic for everyone. And now, everyone’s happy. You know, Hannah’s in a great relationship, as far as I know. And I’m in a great relationship. And Haley’s dating Hannah’s brother,” he said on “Reality Life With Kate Casey” in October 2021. “That’s a little weird, [a] little confusing.”

Two months later, Patrick popped the question — but Hannah was nowhere to be found. So how does she feel about her brother’s relationship — and where do they stand today? Scroll through for everything we know:


Their Childhood Struggles
In God Bless This Mess, Hannah is candid about having a strained relationship with Patrick when they were kids. “My parents’ relationship had a direct effect on my relationship with my brother, too. My brother, Patrick, was two-and-a-half years younger than me, and I resented him so much,” she wrote. “He was always doing something ‘wrong.’… The way I saw it back then was Patrick’s misbehaving caused fights, which made me try even harder to do anything I could to not cause fights. … The fact that Patrick made them get into arguments made me want to take out all my anger on him. And I did. Not only did I tell him to go away all the time and try to keep him from playing with my friends, but we’d get into physical fights when he refused to move, or wouldn’t listen to me. And sometimes I was really aggressive.” Courtesy of Hannah Brown/Instagram
He Briefly Appeared on ‘The Bachelorette’
While Hannah and Patrick’s relationship continued to have ups and downs as they got older, he supported her when she was the Bachelorette, appearing on her season for the hometown dates. “Family is everything. I’ve been home for a bit recently and it feels really good to be with my people who have been with me through. it. all,” Hannah wrote in July 2019 via Instagram. "Our families didn’t sign up for this. We are the ones who said yes to the vulnerable opportunity to find love this way. But thank you to the people who loved us first, and continue to support us on this journey of love, [heartbreak], and life lessons!" Courtesy of Hannah Brown/Instagram
His Substance Abuse Battle
In her memoir, Hannah hinted that Patrick had issues with partying. “My relationship with my brother had always been strained, and for the last couple of years, it was clear that he’d been running with a rough crowd,” she wrote about the months leading up to his March 2020 overdose. “He’d been drinking. He’d done all kinds of drugs, both uppers and downers, and my parents didn’t seem to be able to do anything to stop him.” While Hannah admitted that she was “angry” when she first heard that her brother unknowingly took an opioid that was laced with three times the lethal dose of fentanyl, she traveled to see him in the hospital and ultimately paid for his rehab. “It looked like he was almost embarrassed to see me; as if I was the mom and he was scared about what I might say. And I might have acted that way toward him in the past. But as he lay there, looking so broken, it hit me: I was just so glad that he was alive,” she recalled. “I didn’t want him to be scared of me. This wasn’t the time to lecture him. ‘I’m so glad you’re OK,’ I said. I told him I loved him. And I prayed with him.” Courtesy of Hannah Brown/Instagram
Where Hannah and Patrick Stand in 2021
While promoting the book in November 2021, Hannah gave Us an update on how things were going with her brother. “I love my brother and I’m just so thankful for all the changes that he’s made in his life — because that just really impacted the way that our family dynamic is. Both of us have kind of gone on our own journey of healing,” she said, adding that they were the first members of the Brown family to “seek … help” through therapy amid their respective struggles. “That’s really cool and I’m really proud of him for that.” Courtesy of Hannah Brown/Instagram
How She Feels About Haley Stevens
Hannah was noticeably missing from Patrick’s engagement photos, but prior to the proposal, she told Us: “About his love life — I don’t choose who my brother loves and who he wants to be with. But I love him and want him to be happy.” Courtesy of Haley Stevens/Instagram


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/32qWfha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono