Skip to main content

Ben Higgins Is Taking Time to ‘Rest and Heal’ After Breakdown

Good for the soul. Ben Higgins opened up about how he’s feeling after revealing he had a breakdown earlier this year.

Ben Higgins and Jessica Clarke’s Relationship Timeline Read article

The former Bachelor, 32, shared advice he received via Twitter on Tuesday, July 27, writing, “Over the last few weeks based on the recommendation and love from those close to me I have been taking time to let my mind rest and heal.”

He encouraged his followers to do the same to support their own well-being. “If life allows you the opportunity I recommend doing the same in whatever capacity and avenue you believe is best. You deserve it,” he added.

Earlier this month, Higgins sat down with Trista Sutter during her “Better Etc.” podcast to explain his return to his home state and the effect his Bachelor Nation fame has had on his mental health.

“I am back in Indiana right now because of a breakdown, again, in my life where I don’t know what’s happening,” he admitted. “I don’t know what this next season of life looks like for me. I’m farther and farther removed from the show, and at the same time, I need to figure out what my life is going to look like and what my legacy is going to be.”

Ben Higgins’ Book: Everything We Learned About 'The Bachelor' and Beyond Read article

He said that being on reality TV brought him a variety of opportunities — and the brush with stardom made him feel accepted.

“All of a sudden I go from feeling like I’m an outsider to, over a period of time, having enough people tell me that I’m awesome to start feeling pretty good about [myself],” he added. “I start building an identity around that. I started to really feel like, ‘Oh, my gosh, this is the thing that I was needing to fill me. … I’ll be in the in-group forever.’”

Unfortunately, that’s the only place he felt acceptance. The thirst for the limelight ultimately faded as he realized fame is fleeting. “I was living not just for other people, but just for other people’s attention,” he said.

The “Ben & Ashley I. Almost Famous” podcast host was the season 20 Bachelor in 2016. He got engaged to Lauren Bushnell at the end of his season, but the pair announced their split in May 2017. Bushnell married singer Chris Lane in 2019 and welcomed their son, Dutton, in June, while her ex-fiancé is now engaged to girlfriend Jessica Clarke.

Higgins’ newfound appreciation for living authentically is reflected on his new podcast, “Hope Still Wins,” which launched in May. The show explores the idea of hope and gives Higgins a chance to have more meaningful conversations.

Former ‘Bachelor’ and ‘Bachelorette’ Leads: Where Are They Now? Read article

“As life has been enhanced and changed drastically, I have wanted to use my platform as an avenue to find purpose in talking about human stories, experiences, pains and joys,” he explained via Instagram when the podcast began.

“During the pandemic as opportunities for all of us decreased, I started an Instagram Live series called ‘Hope Still Wins.’ This series brought me joy and a deep sense of meaning…I pray it did for the viewers and 30+ guests as well. Taking this the next (BIG) step with ‘Hope Still Wins’ to continue to learn from diverse thought-leaders around the globe fighting injustice, sharing truth, and intentionally living a lifestyle of love is something I am beyond excited to share with you all.”



from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/3xbm6TC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their