Skip to main content

What Went Wrong? Vanessa Morgan and Michael Kopech’s Whirlwind Timeline

Baseball fans, Riverdale stans and even Bravo viewers have questions about Vanessa Morgan and Michael Kopech’s sudden split.

Real Housewives of Atlanta watchers first met Kopech when he appeared on Kim Zolciak’s spinoff series, Don’t Be Tardy, with her eldest daughter, Brielle Biermann. After the athlete started dating Brielle in 2016, he made cameos on seasons 5 and 6 of the reality show — and tried to convince dad Kroy Biermann that he was The One for her.

“I send him rings all the time,” Brielle gushed to Entertainment Tonight in October 2017. “I sent him a ring the other day and he said, ‘That’s horrible!’ and I said, ‘Well, it’s not for you. Why do you care?’ And he said, ‘I like every other ring you usually send me, just not this one.’”

While Brielle and Kopech planned to move in together in Chicago as the pitcher trained with the White Sox, Us Weekly broke the news in March 2018 that the twosome went their separate ways. Brielle’s sister, Ariana Biermann, revealed during a season 7 episode of Don’t Be Tardy that he was the one to pull the plug on their relationship.

“I’m just, like, not in the mood to talk about Michael right now,” Brielle told the cameras on the February 2019 premiere. “What really sucks is that I had my whole life with Michael planned. I was about to move to Chicago for him.”

Ariana then quipped, “We never thought he was going to break up with you, and then we were all like, ‘Oh, f—k.’”

Kroy noted at the time that there was no “warning” sign for the split.

“I was literally with him for a week and then two days later, he was like, ‘Let’s just take a break,’” Brielle recalled on the show. “And I’m just like, ‘OK, dude.’ Like, ‘I’ll let you know when I’m ready for you.’”

Kopech subsequently started seeing Morgan, who stars as Toni Topaz on the CW’s Riverdale. They wed in January 2020.

“I feel like he’s my twin flame. … I think the stars aligned,” she gushed on the “White Sox Talk” podcast during a joint interview with Kopech that same month.

Less than six months later, he filed for divorce from Morgan, who is pregnant with their first child. Scroll through for a complete timeline of their relationship:


March 2018

Us broke the news that Brielle and Kopech were over after two years together. The split was sudden as even mom Kim initially denied it.

 

“She was having a difficult time with the distance, both of them wanted to see more of each other but with his baseball schedule and her shooting schedule and everything going on with the show in Atlanta, they just couldn’t seem to make it work anymore,” an insider told Us at the time.

Courtesy Michael Kopech/Instagram
July 2018

Us confirmed in July 2018 that Kopech moved on with Morgan.

 

Sara De Boer/startraksphoto.com
September 2018

Kopech underwent ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction surgery, better known as Tommy John surgery, to repair the significant tear in his UCL. He was forced to miss the entire 2019 season as a result.

 

Carlos Osorio/AP/Shutterstoc
July 2019

When the baseball player popped the question in July 2019, he gushed about how Morgan was there for him during his intense Tommy John recovery.

 

“Our relationship probably doesn’t make sense to many people for a s–t ton of reasons, but we’re not doing it for them. We know this is forever. Why would we wait?” he wrote via Instagram at the time. “You literally stayed by my side when I felt I had lost my mind. You stayed by my side for these seemingly random changes of my life. … You’re undeniably the spark that reignited my fire. You’re deserving of much more than just this moment but this one just felt particularly magical. … I’ll never have enough words to tell you how much I love you, but I promise to always show you. But for now, I’ll finish this how I started: I love you. SO MUCH.”

 

Courtesy Vanessa Morgan/Instagram
October 2019

Kopech shared an emotional message in October 2019 as he deactivated his social media profiles.

 

"I always felt like something was missing. I was always looking ahead but at the same time, my choices from past mistakes still haunted me,” he wrote at the time. “So followed anxieties, so followed depression. I needed answers. I needed help. So I searched. And I found. There is no moment like this one, or the next one, and there never will be again. The presence of creation in stillness is a beauty that will never die. In stillness lies our awareness of what’s to come. There is no peace like it.”

 

He continued: "I’m not saying I have life figured out. I am merely another finger pointing to the moon, in awe of its divinity as is all. But in stillness I found awareness to understand myself on the deepest level, and with that awareness I create my own destiny for what my life will entail. Social media has run its course for me, this is not me running from any fears I have. Quite the contrary, this is about me laying down my weapons and embracing all of my fears.”

Darron Cummings/AP/Shutterstock
January 2020

The pair exchanged vows at the Historic Walton House in Homestead, Florida, on January 4, 2020, in front of 40 guests after a six-month engagement. During the nuptials, Morgan performed “Beautiful Crazy” with Kopech’s dad. They opened up about their relationship on the “White Sox Talk” podcast that month.

 

“On our first date, it was just so easy and comfortable and relaxed. I felt like I had known her for a lifetime. And honestly, I knew right away,” he said. “We moved pretty quick.”

 

“We both just knew,” Morgan agreed. “It’s like that saying, ‘When you know, you know.’”

 

During the interview, Kopech also got emotional about his mental health. “I think the more real we can be with each other, the more those mental health issues, those dark thoughts, they don’t seem so lonely. You know, other people have them, they’re real,” he said through tears.

 

Morgan replied, “He’s just so strong. I’ve been with him through this whole thing. Mental health is a very serious thing and I’m so proud of him.”

Courtesy Vanessa Morgan/Instagram
April 2020

Morgan last posted about Kopech in April 2020, wishing him a happy 24th birthday.

 

Courtesy Vanessa Morgan/Instagram
July 2020

White Sox fans were surprised to learn that Kopech opted out of the 2020 baseball season, which was delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

 

“It’s not ideal, but fundamentally, we're looking to put all our players in the best position they can be to perform and maximize their abilities on the field,” White Sox general manger Rick Hahn told the media on July 10, 2020. “And if there's anything standing in the way of that, we're going to provide them with whatever support and resources they need to help address those matters. I know it's very general and I'm not going to get more specific than that, other than we fully support Michael and are going to provide him whatever time and resources he needs and look forward to seeing him in the future.”

 

Pitching coach Don Cooper added in an interview with the Chicago Sun Times that he’s “concerned that he’s not OK.”

 

He explained: “I don’t know what is going on with Michael, but I know he deals with some anxiety and depression, and my thought is, I sure hope he’s OK. And I hope he gets to where he needs to be, where he’s feeling good and wants to come back, because we will welcome him back with open arms.”

David Banks/AP/Shutterstock
July 2020

Two weeks later, the actress announced she is pregnant with a baby boy, but didn’t include Kopech in the social media announcement.

 

“Exciting news... I am overjoyed to be welcoming my baby boy into the world this January 💙. This little guy has already brought me so much happiness and a feeling of such a greater purpose,” she wrote. “I cannot wait to meet you!! On a personal note, I have had the blessing of growing up in the public eye having started my acting career at age 6. While this has been incredible for me, I am very much looking forward to giving this little guy some room to grow up outside of the public eye, until he tells me otherwise.”

 

She added: “Lil one you were made with so much love & already exude a light so strong it warms my belly. Thank you God for this blessing ☺️ I’m just so happy & can’t wait to dedicate everyday to being the best mommy I can be ♥️.”

 

Courtesy Vanessa Morgan/Instagram
July 2020, divorce

Three days after Morgan’s pregnancy announcement, the Chicago Tribune reported that the pair had split. According to the outlet, Kopech filed for divorce in his native state of Texas on June 19.

 

Morgan’s rep subsequently confirmed that he is the father of her child.

 

Image Press Agency/MEGA


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/304PTAc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono